Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

I used to hate the Jags uniform, but then I came around to it. The way I see it, is how many people really remember the old jerseys? the old style? They were not a memorable uniform at all. Generic black and teal. These new uniforms, while way too Arena Football, really do stand out. They are memorable. Not in the best way, but we can all conjure up the style and look in our heads really fast. They stand out. Maybe that in and of itself is something worth giving credit to. I felt the same way about the Seahawks uniforms. I wasn't impressed, but they are so much more memorable to look at then the boring ones they had before and now I like them almost for that.

Of course the Jags helmet is still complete rear end.

Two-tone Matte/Gloss helmets suck, and the Jags uniform would be great if not for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I loved the old uniforms. Yeah, it was a pretty generic concept, but the teal made it their thing. Kind of like the Bucs and pewter.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The older teal uniforms were alright, back when Fred Taylor was in his prime. But things started to drift into generic territory later and There were too many blueish uniforms to begin with. Besides, the year before Nike got to them the Jags switched to black as the primary color, not the teal.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
The new uniforms are fine, I just wish they had kept the 'black that edges into dark teal when hit by the light a little' scheme of the helmets. :sigh: Legitimately cool idea.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

The older teal uniforms were alright, back when Fred Taylor was in his prime. But things started to drift into generic territory later and There were too many blueish uniforms to begin with. Besides, the year before Nike got to them the Jags switched to black as the primary color, not the teal.

And it made it hard for a journeyman fan to tell the difference between Ray Rice and MJD on the weekday highlights. It was pretty hilarious. "Man, you know all primarily-black uniforms look alike."

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Chilichimp posted:

And it made it hard for a journeyman fan to tell the difference between Ray Rice and MJD on the weekday highlights. It was pretty hilarious. "Man, you know all primarily-black uniforms look alike."

RIP Black Lions jerseys. :(

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Probably the only good thing Millen did for the Lions

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Black jerseys sucked.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
black jerseys always suck unless black is actually one of your team colors

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Falcons are bringing back the black on black uniforms this year which loving rules. The Ravens all blacks were always kick rear end as well.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

Falcons are bringing back the black on black uniforms this year which loving rules. The Ravens all blacks were always kick rear end as well.

I'm for it. I just wish they'd go back to the red helmets.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

I'm for it. I just wish they'd go back to the red helmets.

Up there for the best uniforms/helmets in football :)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Shath Hole posted:

Those uniforms and red helmets loving owned. I hate the junk the Falcons wear now.

Man, I'm glad my team doesn't gently caress around with the uniforms much. The only thing that's really changed is how many stripes are on the sleeve, and the brief time they had the G on there (I liked that G and want it back actually, but I'm not gonna cry about it). Otherwise, it's the same as it's been since, way before most/any of us were born.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 2, 2014

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
There is a house on the internet
They call the farthouse of fun
And it's been the ruin of many a poster
And God I know I'm one

Febreeze he was an artist.
He drew a picture of me
Toaster Beef was last seen
Down in New Orleans

Now the only thing a poster needs
Is MS Paint and google
And the ones who make bad recordings
Should be so drunk that they drool

[Organ Solo]

Oh posters, tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your lives in drunken revelry
In the farthouse of football fun.

Well, I got one tab on the farthouse
The posts loaded with disdain
I'm goin' back to bad recordings
And to watch the Lions go down in flame

Well, there is a house on the internet
And God I know I'm one

If I have time on the fourth, might try to get the studio back in order and make this preseason song 1.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Shath Hole posted:

Looks like poo poo to me

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Breaky posted:

Looks like poo poo to me

Your opinion is poo poo.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

cucka posted:

If I have time on the fourth, might try to get the studio back in order and make this preseason song 1.

Please do, this rules

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chilichimp posted:

Your opinion is poo poo.

Those compared to this?

Nah. We even do the all blacks better too but honestly I don't care for those as much.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Falcons throwbacks are awesome, Chris Chandler was awesome. Current Falcons uniforms are poo poo and I assume were castoff designs from the XFL.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I don't think I've ever seen someone be a uniform homer before

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

xbilkis posted:

I don't think I've ever seen someone be a uniform homer before

It's more that Atlanta is just poo poo but I do actually think the Saints uniforms are pretty drat good overall.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I like the Saints black on black, personally; I think that's top 5 in the NFL, but the Falcons throw-backs are still more awsome.

Unfortunately that uniform will never be worn again because of the "1 helmet design max" rule. :negative:

Everyone is right, the standard home/away jerseys for the Falcons are just awful.

Breaky posted:

It's more that Atlanta is just poo poo but I do actually think the Saints uniforms are pretty drat good overall.

Who said there's no rivalry?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Breaky posted:

I won't argue that the black and gold does look cool but those Falcons throwbacks are a thing of beauty. The new uniforms are pretty AFLish but I don't think they're horrible. Not the best. Not the worst.

I miss the throwbacks and the team always seems to kick rear end when they wear them.

I have always said the Bengals helmets are the best in football but my fav overall are probably Raiders and Chiefs. AFCW got cool uni's on lock.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Alright alright, homerism aside I did like these Falcons uni's back in the day.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

I miss the throwbacks and the team always seems to kick rear end when they wear them.

Don't they, though?

Breaky posted:

Alright alright, homerism aside I did like these Falcons uni's back in the day.

Yeah, I could live with that poo poo too.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I wish San Diego would wear the Coryell era throwbacks once in a while

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I'm not sure what color the Cowboys' pants are but it sure as hell ain't silver and probably causes astigmatism

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Nobody likes them drat ninja pajama lookin rear end joke rear end southern pieces of poo poo lookin like an 8th grade boy's composition book

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I wish San Diego would wear the Coryell era throwbacks once in a while
Nobody knows who Cory L is

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

cucka posted:

There is a house on the internet
And God I know I'm one

Febreeze he was an artist.
He drew a picture of me
Toaster Beef was last seen
Down in New Orleans

Now the only thing a poster needs
Is MS Paint and google
And the ones who make bad recordings
Should be so drunk that they drool

[Organ Solo]

Oh posters, tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your lives in drunken revelry
In the farthouse of football fun.

Well, I got one tab on the farthouse
The posts loaded with disdain
I'm goin' back to bad recordings
And to watch the Lions go down in flame

Well, there is a house on the internet
And God I know I'm one

This is great.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

football fuckerman posted:

Nobody knows who Cory L is

Most people on this board do

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Should run these year round

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Yall wrong as hell

THE BEST

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm sad that every other team in the NFC South has boss fuckin throwbacks they can go back to (unless the NFL keeps that rule from last year about only using one helmet for the whole year for each player because... safety????) and the Panthers just have one uniform for their whole existence (and it's not THAT good)

except the blue-jerseys, those are nice

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

JRizzle posted:

Yall wrong as hell

THE BEST

Beat me to it.

:hfive:

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

gohuskies posted:

Should run these year round

These owned so hard and Jim Mora sucks for ruining them.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JRizzle posted:

Yall wrong as hell

THE BEST

There's something wrong with you if you don't start immediately humming Ram It when you see these unis.

I'm a mountain man from West VA,
They call me Herc and I came to play
I learned long ago to Ram it just right
You can Ram it all day and Ram it all night.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

JRizzle posted:

Yall wrong as hell

THE BEST

I have an LA Rams blanket with these colors and it's the best I tell ya, the best.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
drat it, I should have sat on the Steves a while, now no one is going to bother entering.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Well as of right now you are winning, even if Goku uniform is pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i tried doing a real serious jersey but my fine motor skills rival that of a drunk squirrel so gently caress if I'm ever gonna make anything that looks nice

• Locked thread