Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ratspeaker posted:

And seven months!

And? We knew there was gonna be a gap between episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Hey man, kids know that Christmas comes but once a year, but it still sucks to have to wait.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Rhyno posted:

Well, I'm not complaining, I'm just saying, there's been plenty of time since Day of the Doctor to think "man, I hope characters X and Y show up again."

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I think we all have now seen enough of Moffat's Who to know his idiosyncrasies. If he has a chance to have an amnesiac Doctor rediscover his own legend, you know he will take it. 'Eleven's Hour' has, all in all, been a pretty good microcosm of the last four seasons of Who.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Kazy posted:

No it wouldn't have because the Daleks aren't robots :argh: If I delete someone off my phone, I might not be able to remember their number but I certainly wouldn't forget who they were entirely.

I'm still wary of the amnesia plot line, but hopefully my fears will be unfounded.

It doesn't really work for the Daleks that were above the Asylum planet and actively forgot him, but it makes a sort of sense that most Daleks wouldn't know who the Doctor is or have ever had any contact with him. It's just that when meeting him some database triggers and informs them to kill this man right now.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'm not so bothered about Moffat putting his stamp on the new Doctor with the amnesia storyline, I'm more annoyed that hes running with such a storyline in the first place. Amnesia plots are almost universally shite.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Every regeneration starts with an amnesia storyline. IF it's true that there is one then it's just one that lasts a bit longer, which could honestly be quite fun having this old wisened character who has suddenly lost his knowledge and experience and make him somewhat vulnerable. The first Dalek story might actually have some gravitas in the vein of the earlier stories as opposed to yet another oncoming storm monologue. He'd have to re-learn why they're so fearsome.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Maybe turning up at the big Saving Gallifrey event from the 50th will be the climax of the amnesia plot and the Doctor will absorb memories from all his previous incarnations with a big clipshow of epic Doctor Who moments. I challenge Moffat to do that or worse.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Riptor posted:

weak is fine. Weak means there's room for improvement. Osgood was infinitely better than the idiotic big-glasses guy from Planet of the Dead, or that :siren:GADGET GADGET:siren: thing in terms of 'comedic' characters

She's wearing 11's shirt and bowtie in those on-set photos. :3:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Silhouette posted:

She's wearing 11's shirt and bowtie in those on-set photos. :3:

Also Ten's shoes and possibly Nine's coat.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
We all know what she needs to be wearing next time, don't we?

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU

DoctorWhat posted:

We all know what she needs to be wearing next time, don't we?

Yep.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

PriorMarcus posted:

Ugh. I loving hate that the leaked amnesia plot looks like it's going to be true. The best actor to play the Doctor and a massive fan to boot is going to waste half a season not knowing who the gently caress he is.

I keep reading a whole load of bullshit about how The Master slipped through with the regenerations and is inside The Doctor, thus messing him up/asking if he's a good man, and that there'll be some sort of biological meta-crisis type event again where he'll syphon off into a new body.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

James R posted:

I keep reading a whole load of bullshit about how The Master slipped through with the regenerations and is inside The Doctor, thus messing him up/asking if he's a good man, and that there'll be some sort of biological meta-crisis type event again where he'll syphon off into a new body.

Well, look on the bright side--the Master is one thing Moffat can't possibly gently caress up more than RTD.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If this gets the Alex MacQueen Master on TV, then I'll sit through another Love & Monsters, if need be.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Ratspeaker posted:

Well, look on the bright side--the Master is one thing Moffat can't possibly gently caress up more than RTD.

Haha true. But doesn't Moffat not like the Master or something?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Maybe it's the Stockholm syndrome talking, but this wouldn't be the worst thing Moffat's done, and we'd be getting the most asked-for villain returning. I'll take anything that isn't Cybermen, Daleks, or Sontarans for the billionth loving time.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

yeah you can't get any worse than river song

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

James R posted:

gently caress you guys that sounds cool

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

James R posted:

That sort of sounds like the Valeyard.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

James R posted:

do a thing where the siphoning thing goes all wonky and the master kinda blorps out of Capaldi's body and is revealed to be evil Eccleston, Smith or (i guess if you have to) Tennant

but with a goatee

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ratspeaker posted:

Of course he could. It would probably involve the Master regenerating into a woman and insisting on being called the Mistress.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Master regenerates into RIVER SONG.

With a goatee

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The Master regenerates into COLIN BAKER!!!

He's already got a goatee.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DoctorWhat posted:

The Master regenerates into COLIN BAKER!!!

He's already got a goatee.

No we were talking about the worst thing that could happen, not the best.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

No we were talking about the worst thing that could happen, not the best.

When the show came back in 05 one actor suggested himself up for the role of the Master.

Of course it's Tom.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Davros1 posted:

When the show came back in 05 one actor suggested himself up for the role of the Master.

Of course it's Tom.

Oh my god. The Curator was the Master all along. He's sent the Doctor off on a fool's errand, looking for Gallifrey. :stare:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Oh my god. The Curator was the Master all along. He's sent the Doctor off on a fool's errand, looking for Gallifrey. :stare:

that would be great

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
David Haig as The Master to watch him and Capaldi go at it again. No goatee, but who needs one with that Mo'!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bring back bad Time Lords and other villains. Put Daleks Angels Sontarans and Cybermen on the bench.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Sontarans were really only major bad guys in that Tennant two parter. I wouldn't mind seeing another episode about them.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The sontaran sidekick that constantly popped up in Smith's run has pretty much burnt out the entire race for me.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

thepokey posted:

David Haig as The Master to watch him and Capaldi go at it again. No goatee, but who needs one with that Mo'!

This x10009. I need more evil time lords!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The sontaran sidekick that constantly popped up in Smith's run has pretty much burnt out the entire race for me.

Yeah, at least he does what's the best use for Sontarans, which is to make a joke about militarization. It's a one note joke, but it's been okay so far. They're going to overuse it, though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Well, he's back for the first episode! 90 minutes of that joke, guys!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Well, he's back for the first episode! 90 minutes of that joke, guys!

Yup. I get they were trying to bring out the cast of familiar characters for the new Doctor, but last half season had -what? Two or three episodes with the Trio? Give it a rest, Moffat.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I kind of like the Potato Man. It's Lizard woman and the Other lady that bug me. If the Doctor just had a Sontaran Sidekick, I'd be fine with that.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

James R posted:

Played by Craig Ferguson.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Ms Boods posted:

It would even explain why they're both Scottish and look vaguely similar beyond the Master just being a dick and copying the Doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Ms Boods posted:

Yes.

• Locked thread