Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sefer posted:

I dunno about the breakdown, but he used that move in the Fatal Attractions story line.

Yeah the mutant Mellencamp (they were officially out of names). He was clawing Jamie's eyes out so he shoved his hand inside and BOOMF. I think this started the schism that lead to him fighting himself and his apparent death in XF #100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Rhyno posted:

Yeah the mutant Mellencamp (they were officially out of names).

Please tell me this guy's mutant power is cougar-related.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Bravo posted:

Please tell me this guy's mutant power is cougar-related.

Nope. He's green, gross and has claws. I think he had an "invulnerable hide" as well.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Why is Mellencamp fighting the X-Men? If any superhero team, I'd imagine he'd fight the Authority.

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Society must take every means at its disposal to defend itself against the emergence of a parallel power which defies the elected power

Gavok posted:

Why is Mellencamp fighting the X-Men? If any superhero team, I'd imagine he'd fight the Authority.

75th issue special with foil cover... or 50th of uncanny

He was in with the acolytes after magneto died or something. Jean fucks him up next page. I think the climax was pretty anticlimactic as well

ramenpower fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 3, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gavok posted:

You've been sitting on that one for a long time haven't you?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

You've been sitting on that one for a long time haven't you?

I just found out he existed five minutes ago!

Temper Trudeau posted:

75th issue special with foil cover... or 50th of uncanny

He was in with the acolytes after magneto died or something. Jean fucks him up next page. I think the climax was pretty anticlimactic as well

You missed the joke of my post, but that's okay. Life goes on. Long after the thrill of living is gone.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 3, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gavok posted:

I just found out he existed five minutes ago!

I don't believe that for one second!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

I don't believe that for one second!

You drat well know I do improv on the side!

Anyway, to keep Waterhaul's eye from twitching, here's stuff from Injustice: Year Two #13.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Saoshyant posted:

(X-Factor #73)
Are you telling me bottom-right is supposed to be the head of a normal, non-mutant human? There are Morlocks who look more normal than that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why is Injustice something I want to read more than mainline DC?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ImpAtom posted:

Why is Injustice something I want to read more than mainline DC?

Because editorial is leaving it alone.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah Injustice is really good actually. I wish someone would post the Kyle Rayner fight. Also the guy who writes it "gets" Harley Quinn.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 3, 2014

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Knormal posted:

Are you telling me bottom-right is supposed to be the head of a normal, non-mutant human? There are Morlocks who look more normal than that.
Welcome to the 90s school of comic art.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The Kyle scene isn't really funny until you notice that it's playing up the irony of Kyle Rayner getting fridged. Hell, he's even on his way to see his girlfriend when it goes down.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Its weird how Injustice went from being absolutely terrible tie in poo poo with hilariously bad art* to being pretty decent.

* yeah I know the artist came out and pointed out it was coloring that hosed up and presented the art how it was meant and it looked better. still. the print was hosed up

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I don't know, Nightwing dying because he took a stray batarang to the head was really dumb, not to mention the fact that everyone stops whatever they're doing so that Bruce could cradle Dick in his arms. What.

The recent pages are pretty good stuff, though.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Fried Chicken posted:

* yeah I know the artist came out and pointed out it was coloring that hosed up and presented the art how it was meant and it looked better. still. the print was hosed up

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Schneider Heim posted:

I don't know, Nightwing dying because he took a stray batarang to the head was really dumb, not to mention the fact that everyone stops whatever they're doing so that Bruce could cradle Dick in his arms. What.

Hey now, to be fair, it was an escrima stick.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 3, 2014

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Ah, I've already forgotten.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Schneider Heim posted:

The recent pages are pretty good stuff, though.

Why wouldn't they though? All of a sudden their fight has consequences, more than the usual 'you're wrong let me punch you until you realise i'm right!' dynamic at least.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Because it violates the fourth wall and the story medium when you have your literal serial killers stop rioting and stand politely aside so that their arch-enemy can dramatically deliver the corpse of his adopted ward into the rain because This Is An Important Event You Are Reading.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Knormal posted:

Larry Stroman. If you can believe it, his return to the series in X-Factor Investigations is even worse.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Hakkesshu posted:

Larry Stroman. If you can believe it, his return to the series in X-Factor Investigations is even worse.

Those issues, honest to God, were unreadable.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Jerusalem posted:

I never noticed that they both puke before, that's so great.

It's also not the first time he duped himself inside of someone. During Fabian Cortez's co-opting of the Brotherhood of Mutants, one of them was gleefully ripping and mutilating the everloving poo poo out of one of Madrox's clones when the clone finally had enough (after the lizard guy had ripped out his eyes), jammed his arm down it's throat, and duped himself inside the guy.

EDIT: I really should've read this page before posting this. Also, in another arc (from the earlier image, which is from Uncanny X-Men #300, btw), Jean gets pissed at Mellancamp after he slices the poo poo out of her back and TK blasts him into a ballistic arc that evidently would land him somewhere in the Pyrenees after that panel where he calls himself her worst nightmare.

They were in Scotland, I think.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 3, 2014

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Rhyno posted:

Yeah the mutant Mellencamp (they were officially out of names). He was clawing Jamie's eyes out so he shoved his hand inside and BOOMF. I think this started the schism that lead to him fighting himself and his apparent death in XF #100.

He'd also contracted the Legacy Virus at that point, which made his dupes more autonomous and cranky, which is part of how I rationalized him being so torn up about exploding someone THAT particular time (although its kind of odd that in both cases, it's a barely-humanoid dinosaur/lizard/scaly type monster guy. The disparity might have made more sense if he'd done it to, I don't know, Senyaka or one of the other interchangeable Acolytes). I don't know if they ever established how much of the schism was the virus and how much of it was Mellencamp-related psychological trauma. He has more dialogue about Mellencamp of course, but then again I think at that point he was keeping his sickness secret from the team.Another reason, I suppose, is that he kills Carnivore in a really good PAD issue, and becomes depressed about killing Mellencamp in really bad DeMatteis issues. Maybe he was sublimating his real problem, which was remembering how Strong Guy used to be funny.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 3, 2014

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Archyduke posted:

He'd also contracted the Legacy Virus at that point, which made his dupes more autonomous and cranky, which is part of how I rationalized him being so torn up about exploding someone THAT particular time (although its kind of odd that in both cases, it's a barely-humanoid dinosaur/lizard/scaly type monster guy. The disparity might have made more sense if he'd done it to, I don't know, Senyaka or one of the other interchangeable Acolytes). I don't know if they ever established how much of the schism was the virus and how much of it was Mellencamp-related psychological trauma. He has more dialogue about Mellencamp of course, but then again I think at that point he was keeping his sickness secret from the team.Another reason, I suppose, is that he kills Carnivore in a really good PAD issue, and becomes depressed about killing Mellencamp in really bad DeMatteis issues. Maybe he was sublimating his real problem, which was remembering how Strong Guy used to be funny.

Comic books, everybody!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

LoonShia posted:

Comic books, everybody!

I'm deeply invested in the minutiae of who Multiple Man explodes in.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Archyduke posted:

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Archyduke posted:

This is one of my favorite comics-related statements.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Bravo

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Something beautiful and important has happened here tonight.

For content, Multiple Man's first violent encounter with a scary green humanoid, from X-Factor #73

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I'm assuming there's some sexual innuendo going on here, but I don't know the character(s) in question.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

This is gross. Don't be gross.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FredMSloniker posted:

I'm assuming there's some sexual innuendo going on here, but I don't know the character(s) in question.

Layla Miller.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
From (the preview for) Superior Foes of Spider-Man #13

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just got a laugh from the last Aquaman issue's title page.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That feels like a takeoff on this SA photoshop classic:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

mind the walrus posted:

That feels like a takeoff on this SA photoshop classic:

And that looks like something right out of an M Kupperman book:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Say Nothing posted:

Layla Miller.

Multiple Man doesn't obey skateboard signage.

• Locked thread