Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Watch Ron Paul's wife make horrible Midwest casseroles with Doritos and Oreos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8WBOF02lzE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Just the midwest being the midwest, I guess. :shrug:

#NotAllMidwesterners

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I think I could eat like 3 of these a day without ever gaining a pound.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
How do you guys feel about boiled peanuts?

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Oh thank god the doritos and oreos aren't together

wait, is this casserole a race relations metaphor? :raise:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Defenestration posted:

wait, is this casserole a race relations metaphor? :raise:

Are the Doritos or the Oroes fleet-footed? :confused:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Watching the woman chanting NOT OUR KIDS, NOT OUR PROBLEM at the buses full of kids fleeing failed central American countries has killed another piece of my soul. I'm going to brush my cat and then drink a lot of bourbon.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
At least she's being honest about how she doesn't care about other people's kids. In a way, it's a welcome reprieve from the "Children are our future! We must make the world a better place for the next generation!" boilerplate that's been brought out since the end WW2 or thereabouts.

:smithicide:

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
This graph is my favorite thing about Santorum running in 2012:

Oh, and this is another anime that Funimation distributes:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

paragon1 posted:

How do you guys feel about boiled peanuts?

Hot nuts are good. Get 'em from the peanut man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwHDkvNdEvQ

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

illrepute posted:

At some point I'd like to read a D&D thread about fluoridation because, living in Portland, I hear a lot that 'scientists' have shown it to be harmful. I don't know much about it one way or the other and there aren't very many places you can search for this information that don't delve into gold-fringe-flag levels of crazy within the first paragraph.

There's not much to it, its just one of those things that people have an irrational fear of. Its likely stems from level of education, the quality of information the person has access to, and how the issue is communicated to the person.

Fluoride is mildly toxic, similar to medicines such as paracetamol. People get the idea that because its dangerous in large amounts, it must be bad in small amounts. It does more good then bad, but people do get side effects from time to time (much like paracetamol).

http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/healthonlifesjourney/2014/07/6-alarming-facts-you-dont-know-about-fluoridated-water.html gives you an idea of the sort of problems people have with fluoride.

It's also in the toothpaste :ssh:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Tokamak posted:

There's not much to it, its just one of those things that people have an irrational fear of. Its likely stems from level of education, the quality of information the person has access to, and how the issue is communicated to the person.

Fluoride is mildly toxic, similar to medicines such as paracetamol. People get the idea that because its dangerous in large amounts, it must be bad in small amounts. It does more good then bad, but people do get side effects from time to time (much like paracetamol).

http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/healthonlifesjourney/2014/07/6-alarming-facts-you-dont-know-about-fluoridated-water.html gives you an idea of the sort of problems people have with fluoride.

It's also in the toothpaste :ssh:

And ice cream! Children's ice cream, Mandrake!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Joementum posted:

My mom makes a mean tater tot casserole. :colbert:

This reminds me of that terrible Anne Romney cookbook that came out. The recipes were full of prepackaged processed foodlike substances, such as Betty Crocker cake mixes and high sodium canned soups.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
It's tough to beat former Senator Larry Craig's Super Tuber.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Tap foot once for mustard, twice for sour cream.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I hope this thread doesnt turn into LF, because there was a lot of mentally depressed people in there like to an alarming degree, and that doesnt bode well considering Im posting here now.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I share that hope, tbp.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Oh no the statue of liberty has drifted out to sea!

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Uncanny.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door! For me to poop on!"

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 3, 2014

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
It's almost certainly intentional- like the upside down flag.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Gangtag.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Was anyone else--after reading the "Jamie Dimon has cancer" headlines--really disappointed to find out that his prognosis is good?

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Note that the flag is upside down, which is apparently a dogwhistle that people use to mean "our nation is under threat."

e: beaten like the huddle masses

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Sharkie posted:

Note that the flag is upside down, which is apparently a dogwhistle that people use to mean "our nation is under threat."

It's a naval signal for ship in distress.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

Also prisons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCWaLCdKLuY

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

quote:

freakish degenerates in every sense of the word. And this is "Japanese" culture they're importing to our youth
TBF that does encapsulate anime pretty well.

Did someone say mayonnaise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4zw99VsoMA

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Discendo Vox posted:

http://www.jeffhead.com/liberty/flagdistress.htm

quote:

As a result of the many traitors and enemies we as a free people have, both foreign and domestic, as a result of the many unconstitutional acts, legislation and atrocities passed and/or committed against US citizens and their life, liberty and property, and as a result of policies that have allowed (and continue to allow) enemies of this nation to enter in large numbers through a porous border policy, I believe the life, liberty and property of US Citizens are in dire danger and distress.

The whole website is a bucket of crazy but I've seen it elsewhere.

Also apparently Native activists might use it but I don't think that's what they're going for.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Thanatosian posted:

Was anyone else--after reading the "Jamie Dimon has cancer" headlines--really disappointed to find out that his prognosis is good?

Honestly? A little, yeah.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Inside the libertarian version of Burning Man: Guns, booze and bitcoin

quote:

“I am God,” a longhaired 20-something repeats to the people babysitting him in a bathroom hallway. “I am a perfect logical machine.”

Two girls huffing nitrous oxide from a balloon and a guy holding a needle come by. The guy with the needle says he has a chemical mixture that if injected will lessen the effects of hallucinogens. “I have the solution right in my hands,” he says

Randfest 2014 sounds fun.

Prosopagnosiac
May 19, 2007

One of us! One of us! Aqua Buddha! Aqua Buddha! One of us!
So I think we all remember Brian Boyko and Dr Lessig's Mayday PAC and their laughable goal of raising 5 million by July 4th to get money out of politics. Well today the good professor did an AMA on Reddit with one Jack Abramoff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/29nq9p/lawrence_lessig_and_jack_abramoff_here_we_both/

Looks like Abramoff has seen the error of his ways and wants to "change the system man".

....Or the far more likely case that dude knows a mark when he sees one and wants to get a piece of that sweet $2.7 million they've raised in Internet donations and has no other options due to his total lack of credibility among people who can identify their rear end from a hole in the ground.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
I'm excited I'm going to bring my girlfriend to a mass murder/RICO/living-Chris-Muir's-fantasy trial. How is everyone's else week going now that nothing interesting is going on after SCOTUS end of term?

Prosopagnosiac posted:

So I think we all remember Brian Boyko and Dr Lessig's Mayday PAC and their laughable goal of raising 5 million by July 4th to get money out of politics. Well today the good professor did an AMA on Reddit with one Jack Abramoff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/29nq9p/lawrence_lessig_and_jack_abramoff_here_we_both/

Looks like Abramoff has seen the error of his ways and wants to "change the system man".

....Or the far more likely case that dude knows a mark when he sees one and wants to get a piece of that sweet $2.7 million they've raised in Internet donations and has no other options due to his total lack of credibility among people who can identify their rear end from a hole in the ground.

Xylo why wasn't Brian Boyko goldmined :(

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Dirt posted:

Randfest 2014 sounds fun.

Yeah but

quote:

“Can anyone refute that it will work?” the guy with the needle asks.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
They have a solution for the coming dystopian corporate feudal state though

quote:

Anyone can act as a de facto security guard here, but members of the “Church of the Sword” — a group from Manchester that doesn’t focus much on worship but does start its meetings with a “ritual of combat” involving foam swords — constitute the only organized group.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

What is the significance of the porcupine?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Swan Oat posted:

You wouldn't want to tread on it.

The Libertarian Porcupine posted:

As a peaceful and defensive animal, the porcupine embodies libertarianism in a way that is unmistakable, even at a glance.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Swan Oat posted:

Porcupines love heroine.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Swan Oat posted:

The ability to retaliate to treading is not exclusive to the head (the central planner of statist mother nature).

Or maybe it's a hedgehog because in a libertarian utopia you gotta go fast (because otherwise someone will murder you).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Breakfast All Day posted:

The ability to retaliate to treading is not exclusive to the head (the central planner of statist mother nature).

Or maybe it's a hedgehog because in a libertarian utopia you gotta go fast (because otherwise someone will murder you).

It's obviously an aardvark or armadillo, and it is a metaphor for returning to an agrarian society.

• Locked thread