Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Press escape, go to tutor, put this in.

This is my code. This makes you my student and gives you gifts. This gives me nothing.

Troll did this at level 40 and got a full set of level 40 gear. You may want to not do this right away. I got nothing and I can not use someones code if they used mine. I don't care if I can't use it, but you can use this as a boost.

This is one of the two tutor systems. The other requires a master who is 50. No one is yet.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

double post.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

edit gently caress

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Some info for other europeans thinking to join us on Claymore:

The ping is only around ~90 for me from Finland, but it does lag a bit in arena pvp, i would recommend battleping/wtfast or such once they add support to it, the isnt noticeable in pve at all.

Timezone is a larger problem, its apparently CST, and guild events can be started at 7pm, this is for example 3am in gmt+3. Other events have multiple times they can be entered(like bamboo) which are earlier and much more manageable.

schme
May 28, 2013
Finally in! To be five venoms called DuNiu with a banging rear end.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

My code is clearly superior and is 190 proof.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Applied as Xibo in the usual way

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Delerion posted:

Some info for other europeans thinking to join us on Claymore:

The ping is only around ~90 for me from Finland, but it does lag a bit in arena pvp, i would recommend battleping/wtfast or such once they add support to it, the isnt noticeable in pve at all.

Timezone is a larger problem, its apparently CST, and guild events can be started at 7pm, this is for example 3am in gmt+3. Other events have multiple times they can be entered(like bamboo) which are earlier and much more manageable.

Guild events always being after 2am for me is kind of a problem. But then again the alternative is a pubbie guild and no way.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
OK, created koop with the boob slider as low as it can go. I see some of you are posting codes as tutors, should newly minted players go for that immediately or later on?

I also have no idea what I am doing.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We are on the CTS mumble.

The code, use it before 40, it gives you another thing to open for free stuff. It owns.

randomcommoner
Sep 6, 2006
it's a-me
Oh poo poo that's right this is open, I'll hop onto it as MrFacialhair again, hope they've reduced the post 38 grind ugh.

edit: server is down for maintenance apparently.

randomcommoner fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 2, 2014

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
Just applied to the clan under Tyrus. Hopefully this isn't like AoW where I have to be online to get accepted.

Finally went with Emei for my first character. This story is terribly awesome.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

randomcommoner posted:

Oh poo poo that's right this is open, I'll hop onto it as MrFacialhair again, hope they've reduced the post 38 grind ugh.

edit: server is down for maintenance apparently.

Check the thread.

Put in a ticket.

Most people can get in now if you bought the head start packages.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

So an item you can buy from the cash shop is 10 cents for 100 minutes of the in game bot.

If you paid 15 bucks a month you would pretty much get 31 nights of botting.

Are people seriously considering spending money for the privilege of having the game play with itself ?

That is some serious "Progress Quest" level of meta and if it caught on people in the revenue team are going to splooch their collective underwear.

I mean its the ultimate goal after selling unfinished ideas : Making people pay for not playing !

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 3, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 3, 2014

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Applying as Iowa.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We finally found one of the events.

Once someone goes through the portal it disappears and ends up somewhere else.

That or there are more than one portal active, but they do disappears.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jul 3, 2014

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
We also found the vermin lair inside EVERY school, either having a moth or a spider on the door signifying what's inside it. The leader can do it once, you can then change leaders and do it again at a different or the same school. You must be a member of that school to lead your party inside that school.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
:argh: efb, but I was more thorough!

In addition, during this time at every school, there will be 2 portals.

One has a Wasp the other has a Spider.

If your group leader is a member of that school, they can go into the portals and do the quests.

This is just sort of guesswork based on doing 4 of these tonight, but the moths drop more loot and the leadup to the boss fight is easier. The spider drops a little less loot, and the boss fight itself isn't as hard.

Also, if you die, there's a bug right now so you can just 'respawn at safety' or whatever and immediately come back with 25% health at no cost.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
The gently caress is this, Age of Wushu sequel?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Jackard posted:

The gently caress is this, Age of Wushu sequel?

Remember all the things age of wushu said they would do?

This game did that, and then put out.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

funakupo posted:

OK, created koop with the boob slider as low as it can go. I see some of you are posting codes as tutors, should newly minted players go for that immediately or later on?

I also have no idea what I am doing.

I'm glad to have you, koop. If the guild position of "A good egg" wasn't already taken I'd suggest it should be you

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Ranks work in a traditional chinese sense of bribery and scandals.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Third World Reggin posted:

Remember all the things age of wushu said they would do?

This game did that, and then put out.

Age of Wushu promised to make me thin and attractive.

If this game can deliver, I am so there.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Dahn posted:

Age of Wushu promised to make me thin and attractive.

If this game can deliver, I am so there.

You will spend so much time grinding, it may very well make you the thin skinny mandingo you always wanted to be, but never could, for the Project Runway "geek" edition.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Vermin lairs are fun.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Hal_2005 posted:

You will spend so much time grinding, it may very well make you the thin skinny mandingo you always wanted to be, but never could, for the Project Runway "geek" edition.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Absurd Revolver posted:

Vermin lairs are fun.

I don't know what the gently caress is going on in that picture.

I don't want to know. I'm just going to assume you got really high with some bug people and then there was a party.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Delerion posted:

Christ this sounds good coming from Wushu's 350-800ms, ~230 with Battleping, even the latter being a situational yet insurmountable handicap in any serious PvP. With how much I loved (and loved to hate) AoW, I don't know if I can resist creating a Wu-tang! :ohdear:

I used to triple box poo poo like script stealing and spy missions in AoW and it was easy as hell, thanks to the click-to-move/autopilot functions. Looks like those are included here as well, to some extent. Anyone with experience in multiboxing the client, are there any limitations/issues one should know about?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

They have this in red letters, so it might be to prevent multiboxing.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
So is advancement in this like in Wushu, or does it use a more traditional "kill poo poo for xp" thing? I see you've got actual levels here.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Elswyyr posted:

So is advancement in this like in Wushu, or does it use a more traditional "kill poo poo for xp" thing? I see you've got actual levels here.

Kill poo poo for XP. Do dailies and raids and poo poo for more XP. But no, nothing resembling AoW's EVE-esque cultivation.

Also ostensibly Open Beta should now be Open to everyone, but.. apparently isn't?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

If you read the thread or the forum, later today. What time? Good question.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Nothing good ever came from reading forums.

:justpost:

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

hailthefish posted:

Nothing good ever came from reading forums.

:justpost:

The swordsman forums are particularly bad, I have never seen a community so in arms over having pvp in a pvp game. I just hit 30 tonight so I'm excited to start killing them.

Didn't the early access start around 4PM EST or something? I'd assume the open beta would officially open the same time.

Orv
May 4, 2011

That Jerk Steve posted:

The swordsman forums are particularly bad, I have never seen a community so in arms over having pvp in a pvp game.

So you don't read many MMO forums then? Because that's literally every PvP game forums ever.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

So how open are the Swordsman forums to goon tang signatures?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I've been trying to make a new lovely signature so I can go poo poo up Grithok's thread but :effort:

BobTheVillain
Apr 25, 2009

The perfect counter argument, coming right up.
5pm Eastern is open beta.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Swordsman+Open+Beta+Start+Time&iso=20140703T14&p1=224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
The servers are down for maintenance and according to their facebook it'll be open beta for all after that.

edit: servers up

Delerion fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 3, 2014

• Locked thread