Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

My personal favorite is the hero pig going viral. That episode also has the To Catch A Teen Vandal sting operation with posters like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Groucho Marxist posted:

Watch the episode with the gas station and caricature artist if you don't like that then there's no hope for your troubled soul.

Scott Aukerman had this on his list of top comedy things of that year, and he was correct. I've shown this to a bunch of fellow comedy nerds who never saw the show, and it always brings down the house.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Well thanks to this ep (great ep guys) I'm going to try some Nathan For You since its stream free on Comedy Central!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I thought Wengert's ridiculous character would be perfect for a 5 minute improv4humans scene, and I'm fine with Adomian but there's not much he can do to wow me with the same characters.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

I like Joe Wengert but he's never the best guest on CBB. He barely said a word once Adomian came in, despite a lot of bit-overlap.

Shelby Orangina and Arthur Steinborn would beg to differ. But I haven't listened to this one yet, what is this new character supposed to be?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Beeez posted:

Shelby Orangina and Arthur Steinborn would beg to differ. But I haven't listened to this one yet, what is this new character supposed to be?

Telling you would ruin 100% of the humor of it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nathan For You is super funny but it's also extremely awkward to the point where I had trouble getting through episodes sometimes

Beeez
May 28, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

Telling you would ruin 100% of the humor of it.

It's alright, I'm kinda iffy on the prospect of listening to this one anyway.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Okay, he starts out as a low-effort facsimile of the kind of media personalities who lament the decline of traditionally masculine men, but then based on a couple things he says he becomes a duck.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I recently showed CLAW OF SHAME to my roommate with spectacular results.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Nah, it's not really for me. I just don't like prank show type things. They make me uncomfortable. Even like some of the Eric Andre Show bits where they actually deserve to get poo poo on.

I wouldn't call it a prank show. Nathan is the butt of the joke a lot of the time, the main story in season 1 was that he's lonely and awkward and has no friends. The show rarely makes the business owners look bad (except for maybe the rear end in a top hat PI in the last episode), he's great at drawing real reactions from people without resorting to OUTRAGEOUS SHOCKING Borat type stuff.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Just got back from DCM. Saw Horatio cum on a black santa figurine and drink Ben Schwartz' pee.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

Okay, he starts out as a low-effort facsimile of the kind of media personalities who lament the decline of traditionally masculine men, but then based on a couple things he says he becomes a duck.

Appreciated.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

It's getting harder and harder to believe these ads aren't for joke products. Has anyone tried out the monthly sock and dog treat subscription services?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

bowser posted:

It's getting harder and harder to believe these ads aren't for joke products. Has anyone tried out the monthly sock and dog treat subscription services?

Dude. Dog owners are crazy. I see people spend hundreds a month on their dog.

I'm more shocked stamps still advertise. Everyone I've heard who has used it has hated it.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

bowser posted:

We got a short subscription to the dog thing for my brother-in-law as a wedding gift. They're crazy about their dog. They liked it a lot, it was some really cute stuff.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

To paraphrase Todd Glass, if you have the money to spare and you'd just spend it on yourself otherwise, why not spend some on your pet? They bring people so much joy that they deserve some pampering and whatnot.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Did Nathan call anybody a "dolt" like he did last time? I love the guy :allears:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

soggybagel posted:

I'm more shocked stamps still advertise. Everyone I've heard who has used it has hated it.
What's the alternative? Go to the post office?!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The only complaint I had about Nathan For You, is that it premiered next to The Ben Show which was really, really funny - and got completely overlooked due to just how off the wall amazing NFY was. Ben Show totally deserved a second season, but it just disappeared into a black hole because it couldn't match it's timeslot partner.

I run the Comedy Central thread in TVIV, it's a nice, no argument zone for the majority. Drunk History is also back tonight with NFY, it's a great hour block on the channel for a summer with not a lot of comedy airing. There's also some show called Maroon on which I presume is about the colour, and Comedy Bang Bang The TV Show? That just sounds silly.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Im going to argue in your thread mate :twisted:

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

The episodes of Nathan For You that Comedy Central used to run on their website were abridged to about 12 minutes. Are they still running edited episodes, or are they finally running them uncut? The ending of the private investigator episode was hysterical, and it put a really fun, unexpected capper on the whole season, and it was completely cut out.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

bowser posted:

I tried the sock thing for a month since I could use the 50% promo of BANG BANG. They were pretty cool socks. 11 bucks a month for one pair isn't really in my wheelhouse though.

I thought this episode was really funny, it was mostly Scott carrying the humor in the first half though. The whole Noel Gallagher and the watermelons bit where he just kept going was great. And I really liked the slow duck reveal.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
When I put together the hangout clothes I burst out laughing at my desk.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Stamps.com autosubscribes you and its free scale isn't. It's yelp scores reflect its place as the worst product advertised on podcasts.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Golden Bee posted:

Stamps.com autosubscribes you and its free scale isn't. It's yelp scores reflect its place as the worst product advertised on podcasts.

Yeah. A friend of mine who used to mail a lot of stuff because he had his own online store said Stamps.com hosed him over. He hates it.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Golden Bee posted:

Stamps.com autosubscribes you and its free scale isn't. Its yelp scores reflect its place as the worst product advertised on podcasts.

I've heard similar things about audible.com, maybe it's better now that it's owned by Amazon.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Devonaut posted:

I've heard similar things about audible.com, maybe it's better now that it's owned by Amazon.

I looked into audible but in the world of netflix and spotify I don't understand the one book a month limit.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Hollis Brown posted:

I looked into audible but in the world of netflix and spotify I don't understand the one book a month limit.

Without having used it, I imagine Audible lets you download the thing and store it in local storage so that you can listen when you don't have internet access. In that case, someone could subscribe for a month, download months of books, then cancel the subscription.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhW3wXOsBjQ

re: audible there's drm of course but there are ways to get rid of it. is that :filez:? I just hate having DRM on stuff, especially books. if I buy a book I want to keep it forever.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I had audible for a while a few years ago and they didn't gently caress me over or anything. I guess the limited credits per month is weird, but I remember being able to get a couple of books a month without going over.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Hollis Brown posted:

Well, it's not the same model. It's not 'unlimited library access only while account is active', it's 'a modest discount for agreeing to buy (permanently) in bulk' (at regular intervals, in this case). It's more akin to columbia house et al. ~30-50% off retail is nothing to sneeze at, but that's all it is; not some new paradigm like netflix.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

PS I love the new Don't Stop Or We'll Die Record. It's a little cleaner recording, but they still keep their edge and yelpiness.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
You know that famous saying, we were walking down the beach and there was only one set of footprints? Guess what I was doing? I was down on the water, loving two eighteen-year-olds at the same time. You don't see the footprints because the water came up and and washed them off the beach. But I caught up in my boat and here I am. you wanna hop on? Because they're still down there.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I need to stop listening to this thread about comedy quality opinions because this episode was one of my favorites in a while. Nathan was really loving hilarious.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I thought he was too. Sure he has a low key, deadpan personality, but he was playing along with everything and making funny jokes.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

cams posted:

I need to stop listening to this thread about comedy quality opinions because this episode was one of my favorites in a while. Nathan was really loving hilarious.

I love Nathan's dryness, especially when he throws in some disgust ("What are you talking about?") and Scott knew how to play off it by being goofier than usual.

The episode wasn't an all-timer, but it had me laughing.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Good ep!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
This made me go back to his first episode and Scott was right, I really enjoyed his relationship with Jazz Jazz.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

A bunch of Nathan Fielder's clips from "the Canadian Daily Show" This Hour Has 22 Minutes are up on YouTube.

Joking Around in the Work Place:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=HeppiPzWX38

Buying an MP3 Player:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=5rw-43W4Plg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

cams posted:

I thought the most unfortunate thing about Dov Charney was he drowned out Nathan's energy. He would have been better off with a guest that didn't yell 95% of the time (ie. not Adomian)