Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

There's something I enjoy about creating a deck with what I'm given. That's why I was asking about cheap bulk (not relying on good rares). The repacks today were a $2 one-time caprice.

My LGS has giant piles of draft leavings, you could probably ask for some of them or buy at some sort of bulk rate.

Also, I think you might enjoy sealed in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Chain Veil is roughly one hundredth as good as Ral Zarek under non-combo circumstances.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Those $1 packs are cards that most places have trouble giving away. At CK, we'll throw 8k cards into the recycling bin at once. We don't give a gently caress about bulk that doesn't even sell as bulk.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

kingcobweb posted:

Those $1 packs are cards that most places have trouble giving away. At CK, we'll throw 8k cards into the recycling bin at once. We don't give a gently caress about bulk that doesn't even sell as bulk.

CK sponsored card house building contest.

THERE I JUST MADE YOU MILLIONS

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Rinkles posted:

There's something I enjoy about creating a deck with what I'm given. That's why I was asking about cheap bulk (not relying on good rares). The repacks today were a $2 one-time caprice.

Download MTG Forge from whatever site it's at. Fully functioning MTG single player, has "quest mode" where you start with a card pool and each win gets you another pack to add to your pool.

:shrug: Maybe that'll sate your bloodlust for cracking packs?

It's also free.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

En Fuego posted:

CK sponsored card house building contest.

THERE I JUST MADE YOU MILLIONS

Recreate Cardboard Carapace

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
Someone please help me, I'm probably gonna make a bad decision right now. My friend showed me this deck, and it looks pretty cool. Since I'm probably not gonna finish making modern Jund on MODO, I'm thinking about selling the Bobs and/or Lilis I have on my account so I can make the deck. Looks pretty fun, and I always wanted to try Twin but the goyfs, fetchs and shocks are really expensive, helps that I have most of the manabase for the WRb Twin deck already.

Is the WR Twin deck a decent to good deck? Or is it a castrated version of the RU variants?
e: I know I've seen the normal WR Twin deck do alright at a GP before I think, and I'm gonna make some adjustments to the linked deck (instead of pack rat and a 4th IoK, 2 more Thoughtseizes main).

neetengie fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 3, 2014

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

neetengie posted:

Someone please help me, I'm probably gonna make a bad decision right now. My friend showed me this deck, and it looks pretty cool. Since I'm probably not gonna finish making modern Jund on MODO, I'm thinking about selling the Bobs and/or Lilis I have on my account so I can make the deck. Looks pretty fun, and I always wanted to try Twin but the goyfs, fetchs and shocks are really expensive, helps that I have most of the manabase for the WRb Twin deck already.

Is the WR Twin deck a decent to good deck? Or is it a castrated version of the RU variants?
e: I know I've seen the normal WR Twin deck do alright at a GP before I think, and I'm gonna make some adjustments to the linked deck (instead of pack rat and a 4th IoK, 2 more Thoughtseizes main).

This deck isn't horrible, but I'd say the WUR version is better. However, the Snapcasters in that will drain your wallet further.

If your mana base can stretch that far, go WUR and splash B for Thoughtseize.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Gynovore posted:

This deck isn't horrible, but I'd say the WUR version is better. However, the Snapcasters in that will drain your wallet further.

If your mana base can stretch that far, go WUR and splash B for Thoughtseize.
I think I'll stick with the WRb for now, if everything goes fine in the future I can just use the WUR version instead.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Doom engine seems to be interesting, too bad it doesn't have trample.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

There seems to be a distinct lack of trample on both of these creatures.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
m15 is killing it

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The artifact already has evasion and the treefolk has pseudo-evasion by being split into two creatures. You guys are greedy.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Well Scuttling Doom Engine is immediately one of my favorite card names of all time. Although it should be Artifact Creature - Crab Construct.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
What a crappy yugioh name.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

You definitely want to be flickering the Kalonian Twingrove as often as you can.

Bugsy posted:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bugsy posted:

You are literally the worst.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Bugsy posted:

If this were a Yu-Gi-Oh card, this would have text the size of Ice Cauldron and a name twice as long.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Alaan posted:

Well Scuttling Doom Engine is immediately one of my favorite card names of all time. Although it should be Artifact Creature - Crab Construct.
I agree!

Although at first blush the card looks kinda bleh to me I sort of wonder if it can fit in somewhere. You can chord for direct damage, which is useful, and it does interact in sort of fun ways with Whip of Erebos - though I suppose you do need a sack outlet for take 2? It also punches out Elspeth real good.

The treefolk is double the mana for less than double the dungrove.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

NEver stumbled on that card before. It's a pretty cool ability. But as brought up in IRC, it's kind of wonky now that damage doesn't use the stack. There is no good way to use regeneration/sac effects/giant growths if you are on the receiving end because the opponent will just assign the damage differently.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
scuttling doom engine + shrapnel blast is pretty funny. Scuttling doom engine is fine power level wise. It might have a place in an artifact deck or some sort of aggressive midrange build in standard. Although, I'm not sure you would want to run this over any of the souls, except maybe the blue soul.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
M15 really is the coolest set in a while. Every card makes me smile.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Twingrove is an awesome chord target.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

mcmagic posted:

Twingrove is an awesome chord target.

Not exactly - if you accelerate into it, it's smaller. Might see play as a top-end in Mono-Green, but it's not a proper 6-drop if you ramp into it with Nykthos.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

There are no great Chord targets right now, and not enough silver bullets to use it like a toolbox, hopefully that changes with Khans. Best card to ramp into is the Genesis Hydra for sure though, Really want to try a devotion strategy with that guy but Monogreen doesn't seem great.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Pic is here: http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/the-rumor-mill/563738-ensoul-artifact

Ensoul Artifact 1U
Enchantment - Aura Uncommon

Enchant Artifact
Enchanted artifact is a creature with base power and toughness 5/5 in addition to its other types

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Kinda wish that had Tezzeret in the art, it's a very Tezzeret thing to do. Not that I mind giant living magical scissors.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Can't wait to make some sweet sentient Hot Soup.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like the change to saying "base" power and toughness, that should sidestep all the crazy confusion surrounding cards like diminish.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
5/5 Ornithopters! Oh boy.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Wow. This is certainly interesting. Seems like an artifact deck in standard might really come together. It does have the typical aura drawback of letting you get two-for-oned, unless you put it on darksteel citadel. In that case it seems great, although that will cost you some mana if you wanna keep on attacking with it.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Where are the Red/Blue/Green slivers, I need to know if I should reassemble my deck for super standard.

Also I thought Goblin Kaboomist was the best name M15 gave us, then they rolled out Scuttling Doom Engine :syoon:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

cheetah7071 posted:

I like the change to saying "base" power and toughness, that should sidestep all the crazy confusion surrounding cards like diminish.

Yeah, I thought the same thing as soon as I read it (probably because I had already been saying this forever).

Also, dat art :haw:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Scuttling Doom Engine: Better or worse name than Gravegill Axeshark?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Alaan posted:

NEver stumbled on that card before. It's a pretty cool ability. But as brought up in IRC, it's kind of wonky now that damage doesn't use the stack. There is no good way to use regeneration/sac effects/giant growths if you are on the receiving end because the opponent will just assign the damage differently.

Amusingly, you can use the ability if you are the defending player. For a while on MTGO, there was a checkbox in the options to not prompt you to use this ability if you are the defender.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I'm a bit late to Token Supertype chat, but if Token were becoming a supertype then wouldn't a Clone copying a token gain the Token supertype despite not actually being a token? That seems like a pretty good reason to keep Token from being a supertype.

I asked Tabak on Twitter: Token is not a super type now.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Gynovore posted:

Amusingly, you can use the ability if you are the defending player. For a while on MTGO, there was a checkbox in the options to not prompt you to use this ability if you are the defender.

You could always kick your own hornets nest with it.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Elyv posted:

Scuttling Doom Engine: Better or worse name than Gravegill Axeshark?

There is no better name than gravegill axeshark and there never will be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Did we see this one already?

• Locked thread