Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Sonics birthday hosed this game up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
So now apparently Verizon FIOS - the one ISP that wasn't affected by this week's shenanigans - is unable to access PSO2. Seems pretty clear this is intentional.

Well it was a fun 2 years, guess it's time to find a new game to waste 6+ hours on a day.
Sorry about your wasted ad space, NextTime. :(

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
On the other hand, TWC and a small handful of other providers are now able to connect.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Can't connect from here in Japan. Had troubles even downloading the new launcher.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Oh look 36 new posts I wonder if it's fixed?

Oh, just more the sky is falling speculation. :tinfoil:

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
The bright side is that this thread is so sparsely trafficked that the premature doomsaying doesn't even fill a full page.

Also, the prices for the new weapon camos/costumes are jumping up and down at insane rates as relisters try to corner the supply. If you're still blocked, well, maybe by the time you get back in things will have settled down.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?
Yo go play other games for a week or 2 and quit worrying.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I have been but War Thunder makes my blood pressure rise.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Come play Onigiri and chill in the Japanest Game while we wait.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yay! Both the web page and the launcher are working again.

edit: how does Onigiri compare to this game, across the board? I saw it on the PS4 but didn't know anything about it.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 2, 2014

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
It's literally PSU but in Medival Japan times.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

InfinityComplex posted:

It's literally PSU but in Medival Japan times.

Run by Cyberstep, who are responsible for such things as Cosmic Break.

Now, I'm not saying that they're as bad as Nexon.. but don't be expecting a game with a lot of balance or strong quality control.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Well, I got blocked out since Sega tagged in Verizon onto the denial list, so I'm just gonna spend a week clearing my console backlog and hope I can at least reconnect to get all those compensation goodies before they expire. :v:

Now if I miss the window to claim the free LAs from the last secret phrase, then I will actually be upset.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Gearhead posted:

Run by Cyberstep, who are responsible for such things as Cosmic Break.

Now, I'm not saying that they're as bad as Nexon.. but don't be expecting a game with a lot of balance or strong quality control.

So, a perfect substitute for the PSO2 SEGA experience :v:

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Is this game worth a new player to try and jump into? I know that servers are having issues right now, but I am looking to try out something new.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy

IAmTheRad posted:

Is this game worth a new player to try and jump into? I know that servers are having issues right now, but I am looking to try out something new.

Absolutely

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

IAmTheRad posted:

Honestly with all the new stuff that's coming in the next few months, it's an excellent time to jump on board.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Kessel posted:

So, a perfect substitute for the PSO2 SEGA experience :v:

You know. I can't actually argue with this.

In fact, Cosmic Break's Garapon is, in fact, less assholish than the AC Scratch system on a purely cosmetic basis.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Gearhead posted:

You know. I can't actually argue with this.

In fact, Cosmic Break's Garapon is, in fact, less assholish than the AC Scratch system on a purely cosmetic basis.

It takes 5 bucks to spin the gatchapon in Onigiri in comparison to the 2 bucks it takes for PSO2. With the same kinds of consequences! :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So this current downtime PSO2 is experiencing is a first right? The game's usually pretty stable and they aren't spiteful fucks who hunt foreigners and VPNs to ban because they're petty fucks (Nexon)?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah, pretty much.

soapydishwater
Feb 11, 2013

definitely not cleansing
So I really wanna play this game but I'm having a lot of trouble installing it... It seems like both the official client and the tweaker tool thingy crash after about 10-20 minutes of downloading, and then the download just resets so I have to start over again. Is there something I'm missing?

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
The servers are still experiencing serious technical problems for some users, especially if you're outside of Japan. While they seem to have unfucked it for some people, it's a work in progress, and they are definitely not back to 100% yet.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

soapydishwater posted:

So I really wanna play this game but I'm having a lot of trouble installing it... It seems like both the official client and the tweaker tool thingy crash after about 10-20 minutes of downloading, and then the download just resets so I have to start over again. Is there something I'm missing?

The servers for the game were just ddos'd recently and they're still recovering from that, so there are a lot of connectivity problems right now.

Shady3011
Oct 21, 2008
Just a heads up that DDoS compensation has to be claimed before the July 16th maintenance.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Shady3011 posted:

Just a heads up that DDoS compensation has to be claimed before the July 16th maintenance.

Why do I get the feeling we'll be conveniently locked out of the game until after that date? I guess if it comes down to the wire we'll have to use a VPN to get online to claim it.

They should have delayed the AC scratch another week because who's going to be around to get it this week? Anyways, can any of the lucky ones that can actually connect confirm whether or not the Orthrus Mk.2 / *オルトロスMk.2 camo is mechgun only or also doubles as a rifle camo?

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jul 3, 2014

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Anyways, can any of the lucky ones that can actually connect confirm whether or not the Orthrus Mk.2 / *オルトロスMk.2 camo is mechgun only or also doubles as a rifle camo?

Japanese wiki says it's Mechgun only.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

So how do you claim the compensation stuff? Do you just log in?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Drythe posted:

So how do you claim the compensation stuff? Do you just log in?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You log in, then access a visiphone, one of the terminals with a purple hologram over it. There will be an option for Campaign Rewards, which is also used to give out compensation items.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Sega responded to my earlier email about use from abroad, and reiterated that they do not permit playing from outside of Japan. It would be quite the punchline if they banned me because of that email...

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

A man in a bear suit (or a bear with the voice of a man?) came on the arks ship PA system to say 「予告:7月4日12時00分よりアークスシップ全艦を挙げての第1回アークスシップ対抗戦を開催予定。多くのアークスの参加を期待している。以上。」 Does anybody know what he's talking about? Is it some kind of new time attack style event?

He also gives a big infodump on a bunch of stuff that seems like a new mechanic when you first talk to him. Something about earning stars, which might give boosts like Meseta Up or Rare Up, maybe? But it was all in japanese so I don't what he was actually talking about for certain.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

The announcement was about the inter-ship point battle, I guess they're holding the first of that event today. Bumped had a few details about it but didn't post everything, I think, due to the DDoS going on and Sega delaying the update. My Japanese isn't good enough to decode what Arkuma is saying about stars and such, though, sorry.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Of course his name would be Arkuma.

anyway, thanks.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Here's the relevant Bumped post about the inter-ship 'cup.' Scroll down a bit.

My best guess is that Arkuma will hand out the missions for you to do, and the stars will indicate that you've earned points for your ship. You can then trade the stars for reward items.

First round ends starts today at midnight JST / 11am EDT. unless I'm screwing up the most basic of Japanese there I forgot super basic Japanese.

LiquidRain fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 4, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
If you make a new character on the same server, what carries over? I assume your stash and your room does, but does your position in the story/matter board/arks road?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

If you make a new character on the same server, what carries over? I assume your stash and your room does, but does your position in the story/matter board/arks road?

Lobby Actions, Storage and Room. Everything else (hair, voice, accessories, levels, story, AQ Risk, XQ completion, etc) is per character.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

As far as I know, a new character is completely independent of your first character in the story and every other kind of progression besides earning login tickets. Even the bingo cards are separate, I'm pretty sure. They also have a separate friend partner even though they share rooms.

The only account-wide stuff besides Storage and Room should be the things at the pink terminal like your shop and friend partner (edit: oh right, and lobby actions)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Okay, then I definitely won't start a new character, because that beginning tutorial stuff is tedious.

edit: I experimentally got 1000 AC for the game immediately before it went down (one reason I was annoyed at that timing), I might use it to change ships but I don't know which one to. I'm on 1 now, I have no particular interest in playing with the English community, but which server is the most populated?

edit: and the team I am in only has like three active members out of fifty. Is that typical?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I really wish that you could justify just playing the game rather than have to plod through all of those boring rear end client orders. Less is more, imo.

• Locked thread