Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

muscles like this? posted:

The JMS one is fine but like a lot of his recent stuff it just kind of peters out as he loses interest.

I think he lost interest because the series was inexplicably moved from the MAX line, tanking its sales and limiting what he could write about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
From the latest chapter of One Punch Man (actually a re-drawing my Miurata).
Giffed by JosephWongKS in the manga thread.

JosephWongKS posted:

Here's a version in colour, without words.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I don't suppose you could spoiler tag One Punch Man in the future? I wait for the official release on the Shonen Jump App so having it spoiled as soon as it's released online is a bit of a downer.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Apocron posted:

I don't suppose you could spoiler tag One Punch Man in the future? I wait for the official release on the Shonen Jump App so having it spoiled as soon as it's released online is a bit of a downer.

I'd be ok with people posting "one punch man just updated" and then I'd just assume every panel was badass.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'll just post a link every time it updates from now on. Just assume every panel is either funny or badass. Or funnybadass.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

This is the bad rear end thread, not the bad art thread

Gunchucks are pretty badass.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Can I go for a really obvious, low-hanging fruit here with one of my favorite panels of all time?

There is just something so perfect here about him having given his 'bond speech' (or whatever the trope is) after he already 'won' bascially.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Apocron posted:

Is a guy in a comic called "One-Punch Man" winning in one punch really a spoiler?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Tracula posted:

Can I go for a really obvious, low-hanging fruit here with one of my favorite panels of all time?

There is just something so perfect here about him having given his 'bond speech' (or whatever the trope is) after he already 'won' bascially.

Yeah, this is pretty much my favorite comic book moment, ever. I still remember getting Watchmen when it was coming out and just that part blew my mind. Although I did have to ask my dad what a Republic Serial Villian was.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I want to post panels from the latest Moon Knight, but every bit of it is so good I can't possibly pick just one. Every single page is so awesome.

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013
I know it's been stated plenty before but I am going to be so bummed when this team leaves the book. Declan Shalvey is absolutely killing it.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

WickedHate posted:

I want to post panels from the latest Moon Knight, but every bit of it is so good I can't possibly pick just one. Every single page is so awesome.

:justpost:

No, seriously, post!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Captain Bravo posted:

No, seriously, post!

It's literally every single page of the book.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Captain Bravo posted:

No, seriously, post!

I forced myself to pick just one sequence and it was excruciatingly hard, especially because the ending scene right after is even better, but so Punisher-on-a-bad-day brutal it just seems cruel out of context.

Senor Candle posted:

Yeah, I really wasn't being hyperbolic.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Senor Candle posted:

Ho. Ly. poo poo! You were NOT kidding!

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Welp! Now I need to pick up Moon Knight on payday!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Welp! Now I need to pick up Moon Knight on payday!

I'm really glad to have helped you make the best comics related decision anyone can make this year.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm gonna get the hell out of the trade.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

:drat: When did Moon Knight go from weird magical diet Batman to... this.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

McSpanky posted:

:drat: When did Moon Knight go from weird magical diet Batman to... this.

When Warren Ellis got a hold of him, basically.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Don't get too comfortable because Ellis is off of Moon Knight in another two or three issues.

quote:

Warren Ellis and Declan Shalvey have commented on Wednesday’s announcement that they’ll leave Marvel’s Moon Knight after August’s Issue 6, with the artist revealing he’s taking a break from monthly comics.

Part of the publisher’s All-New Marvel NOW! initiative, Moon Knight debuted solidly in March, landing in Diamond’s Top 20 and earning praise for both the characterization by Ellis and the art by Shalvey and colorist Jordie Bellaire (she’ll remain on the series).

“Issue 1 went to three printings, and 2 and 3 went to two printings, and so I consider that a job reasonably well done,” Ellis wrote in his email newsletter. “The job has been, simply, reactivating Moon Knight as a productive property for the Marvel IP library. And, in personal terms, producing six single stories that held together, because I thought it would be amusing to provide a book that could be entered at any point and still give the reader a complete experience. Which goes against the grain a bit, because the modern commercial-comics reader has been very much entrained to expect long arcs rather than singles. I’m sure there are plenty of complaints out there about the lack of character arcs or long stories. But the book is still getting bought and reordered. So I guess we found an audience after all.”

On his blog, Shalvey said the departure of Ellis left him with the choice of working with another writer or making way for a new creative team. “No matter who took over as the writer, if I stayed on the collaboration just wouldn’t be the same,” he wrote, “and there would be a change in the work as a result, which would probably be unfairly blamed on the writer. I felt it would be better to step aside with Warren, leaving on a high note, making our run ‘Moon Knight Season One’ and let a new team do their own thing right from the first issue of the new arc.”

Shalvey said he’ll use the opportunity to take a breather from the monthly grind. “I’ve been busting my arse non-stop for the past 4 years at Marvel, as well as short stints at DC, Dark Horse, etc. I’m taking a holiday, doing some short stories (including a Murder Book story with Ed Brisson) I’ve long promised to folk, some cover work and after that, we’ll see,” he wrote. “I had something planned, but it looks like that won’t happen for a while. In any case, I’m just gonna take a little break from monthly mainstream comics and work on something of my own.”

Brian Wood and Greg Smallwood will begin their run on Moon Knight with September’s Issue 7.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So Injustice Year Two, quick recap, Superman has soldiers on the streets of Gotham enforcing martial law, and they put Bullock in the hospital when he tried to stand up to them. Said soldiers having superhuman strength and durability thanks to a Luthor invented pill. So Gordon has had enough and gathers his disbanded police force.

Source: Injustice Year Two #12

:black101:

Cassa fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jul 3, 2014

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Cassa posted:

So Injustice Year Two, quick recap, Superman has soldiers on the streets of Gotham enforcing marshal law,

?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Homonyms are hard dangit.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I don't have the scan, and really, the scan isn't much because it's the text creates the imagery in your head.

If you have been reading Thor: God of Thunder, you'd understand. We have the future dead earth being attacked by an aging Galactus and defended by Thor's granddaughters (who are using the weapons used by the Warriors Three) and Old Thor. Old Thor, already a bad rear end, resorts to ripping a hole in spacetime where he kept hidden a weapon that could butcher gods, All Black the Necro Sword. With it he becomes All Black the All Father Necro Thor.

All that is set up so you'd understand how bad rear end the implication is in the latest Thor: GoT with the Old Galactus licking his wounds and then overtaken by the Necro Sword. You see the point where he's surprised and overwhelmed but then it cuts away, with the only text alluding to him becoming the 'butcher of worlds'.

I really hope my text gets the point across how awesome Thor:GoT has been and the idea of All Black the Butcher of Worlds Necro Galactus would be.

GO READ THOR:GOT

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I had to go search for that because I recognized the artwork of Kevin O'Neill from 2000AD. It is indeed a bizarro vigilante version of Judge Dredd by 2000AD's Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill.

There's apparently a hardcover omnibus available.

I don't know issue number.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

That is one fast-acting pill.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

prefect posted:

It wouldn't have been as dramatic to have Gordon take it with food and make the crowd stand around for 45 minutes.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

A mid speech lunch break would have been super suspenseful though.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It wouldn't have been as dramatic to have Gordon take it with food and make the crowd stand around for 45 minutes.

So he probably took the pill before everyone showed up. Rigged demo.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Say Nothing posted:

I had to go search for that because I recognized the artwork of Kevin O'Neill from 2000AD. It is indeed a bizarro vigilante version of Judge Dredd by 2000AD's Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill.

There's apparently a hardcover omnibus available.

I bought the omni a few months back and enjoyed it. Grant Morrison wrote about Marshal Law in Supergods, I think it was about how this was the first comic dealing with the perversion of the super hero ideal. It plays with a lot of the sexual background, deviancy, superheroes becoming a fetish for "normals", but none of it feels as immature like Ennis' The Boys did to me. The sex wasn't the focus, but it was an aspect of the stories. There is some Vietnam criticism in there as well, the same Judge Dredd-esque critique on the US that gets posted here every now and then.

That said, this type of dark and grim is hard to take serious, self-loathing is a key aspect of the character and this kind of mood can get real tiring. It has definitely aged.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

prefect posted:

If it didn't act fast, we wouldn't get amazing panels of Alfred kicking the poo poo out of Superman.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Wait, wait, wait. Hold up a second. I haven't had a chance to read Injustice yet, but I've seen a few scans that people have put in the thread.

That's Batgirl handing him the pill, right?

The pill that has the same effect as one Lex Luther developed?

Lex Luther, who just a few issues ago, revealed that he knew batman's secret and wanted to team up with him?

This is a long con by Lex, isn't it? He's supplying weapons to both sides, giving Superman enough rope to hang himself with while also arming the forces against him. drat, I need to start catching up in this series, because I have the feeling it's going to lead to one hell of a payoff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The payoff is unfortunately the mediocre events of the video game.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Captain Bravo posted:

Wait, wait, wait. Hold up a second. I haven't had a chance to read Injustice yet, but I've seen a few scans that people have put in the thread.

Lex Luther, who just a few issues ago, revealed that he knew batman's secret and wanted to team up with him?

This is a long con by Lex, isn't it? He's supplying weapons to both sides, giving Superman enough rope to hang himself with while also arming the forces against him. drat, I need to start catching up in this series, because I have the feeling it's going to lead to one hell of a payoff.

Injustice is an AU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

New Leaf posted:

If it didn't act fast, we wouldn't get amazing panels of Alfred kicking the poo poo out of Superman.

i really really want to see this

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Captain Bravo posted:

Are you talking about Justice League 31 from the last page? Cuz uh, those are unrelated in every way.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

willus posted:

i really really want to see this

It isn't the full spread, nor the final verbal jab thrown at Superman, but this has most of the panels. Scroll down. The entire sequence has been posted in this thread before.

Spoilers, folks- http://officialmessedup.tumblr.com/post/61584261720/superman-beats-up-batman-alfred-beats-up-superman

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

redbackground posted:

Are you talking about Justice League 31 from the last page? Cuz uh, those are unrelated in every way.

:eng99: And here I thought I was being clever and piecing the puzzle together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Captain Bravo posted:

If Lex Luthor offers you super powers, refuse: