Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Warmachine posted:

Also, I'm sure someone else knows, but can someone name a TV or Movie where the main character thought it was the coolest thing ever to suddenly have superpowers? Barry had a whole 4 seconds of worry before he figured it out and decided to go have some fun.

Both Spider-Man's had some element of it, where after the initial freakout, the characters go about testing their abilities and having some fun. As DDD mentioned, Fantastic Four has Johnny being so enthusiastic about it he spontaneously gives the team their costumed names. Superman and Superman Returns had the idea that, whilst he has to keep them secret and all, when he does get to use them (on the wide, open farm with barely anyone around) Clark just enjoys himself so much, because he's doing incredible things like leaping tall buildings in single bounds and outrunning trains.

So, a few more than you'd think, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Green Lantern has that dumb "I know, right?!" scene.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Aphrodite posted:

Green Lantern had two good scenes - the one where he says "I think that dead alien guy was some sort of space cop" and I'm sitting there thinking Alright, that skips about twenty minutes of faffing about and the scene where Carol Ferris is all "I've seen you naked and I'm not supposed to recognize you because I can't see your cheekbones?!"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

I think that the scenes with Tomar fit the bill better, specially when Hal's admiring himself :haw:

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I'll give Flash a second chance, but unlike most of you I thought that was a pretty dull / bad pilot.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Zypher posted:

I'll give Flash a second chance, but unlike most of you I thought that was a pretty dull / bad pilot.

I have never seen a pilot that got me excited about a show.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Wasn't aware the pilot had aired yet, now I must go hunting

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TyrantWD posted:

I have never seen a pilot that got me excited about a show.

Sleepy Hollow did for me.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Karl Yune has been cast as Maseo Yamashiro for Arrow Season 3

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Babygravy posted:

Wasn't aware the pilot had aired yet, now I must go hunting

It hasn't, there was a leak.

computer parts posted:

Sleepy Hollow did for me.

To be fair, I can't think of any other show ever that blew people's expectations out of the water so immediately than Sleepy Hollow. Before that pilot aired, the debate was: Is this show going to be brain numbingly awful, or will it manage to creep into 'so bad it's good territory'. By the time that first episode finished the main reaction was :tviv:

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 3, 2014

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
"Is that priest magic chain fighting with a horseman of the apocalypse?"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Fuuuuuuck we're gonna get Lady Shiva this season and it's gonna own.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Bad Moon posted:

Fuuuuuuck we're gonna get Lady Shiva this season and it's gonna own.

Shiva's already been on this show, Oliver dated her in season 1.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Touche

edit: wrong gif

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think what's going to be great and I really liked it was because they got Barry right in his attitude. The Flash and Barry etc.. have always been more upbeat than melancholy. So I'm glad their going with that route and not making him brooding.

Also, holy poo poo I am not joking I think they gave a taste of flash facts and I cannot wait to see it.

I also really like Oliver's appearance it was just a good enough cameo to not be gratuitous but also established that Oliver is impressed with Barry and established a pretty good relationship between them and the difference between them.

Also MOTHERFUCKING GRODD, As in Gorilla Grodd!!, I was disappointed they killed the Weather Wizard

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Hollismason posted:

Also MOTHERFUCKING GRODD, As in Gorilla Grodd!!

Can you tell me roughly when this scene takes place? I saw everyone spoilering it, but missed it myself when I watched it.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Klungar posted:

Can you tell me roughly when this scene takes place? I saw everyone spoilering it, but missed it myself when I watched it.

When Barry and Harrison Wells are walking and talking right after he wakes up, you see them pass a cage with GRODD printed on the side. The cage is empty, the bars bent outwards.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Spergatory posted:

When Barry and Harrison Wells are walking and talking right after he wakes up, you see them pass a cage with GRODD printed on the side. The cage is empty, the bars bent outwards.

I really want something like the first Middleman episode now.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Peter Stormare is the new (and different) Count Vertigo in Season 3

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man I hope he does this role better than his last role on TESO. I was so hyped to hear him do a Nordic king and he let me down so hard. :(

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

:getin:

That is some exciting news.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
On the one hand, the show carved out a distinct new take on Vertigo, and this seems like a back sliding into conventional continuity.

On the other hand, Peter Stormare. :allears:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's still a dealer. We're still way off from an actual Count who can induce vertigo with his mind.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

On the whole I could take or leave the first Vertigo but honestly the only genuinely good thing the old Vertigo did was get Arrow'd out a window so hopefully this new one is better.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I liked the first Vertigo, but Peter Stormare is awesome, so i am sure he will be good also.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Kibayasu posted:

On the whole I could take or leave the first Vertigo but honestly the only genuinely good thing the old Vertigo did was get Arrow'd out a window approve your high so hopefully this new one is better.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It does seem to be a bit of a departure from the old Vertigo, if only in terms of age. But I'm glad they're doing it...I was hoping something like this might happen.

gently caress yea legacies :black101:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Casting Peter Stormare? You've won my heart again Arrow.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
On the other hand, Robert Knepper was really wasted during his time on the show.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Oasx posted:

On the other hand, Robert Knepper was really wasted during his time on the show.

Considering he was on set for all of one day, he got a lot of bang for his buck.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Obviously we're going to have to have a Prison Break reunion between Stormare and Knepper at some point.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Oasx posted:

Clock King was great, it was the episode that was bad.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had to look up who this Stormare guy was, why cant you jerks just say Abruzzi!?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oasx posted:

Still alive though.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

bango skank posted:

I had to look up who this Stormare guy was, why cant you jerks just say Abruzzi!?

Or Lucifer.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

dreffen posted:

Or Lucifer.

They haven't cast Mark Pellegrino on Arrow yet.

I hope they do at some point.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Some Numbers posted:

They haven't cast Mark Pellegrino on Arrow yet.

I hope they do at some point.

Oh man I'd be so psyched if they cast Mark Pellegrino for something in this show.

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dreffen posted:

Oh man I'd be so psyched if they cast Mark Pellegrino for something in this show.

He was the only high point of The Tomorrow People. Hell, name any shity show that he's been on and he's probably the best thing about that show.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't know who Mark Pellegrino is, but his brother San Pellegrino makes the sickest o á gaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Deadpool posted:

Obviously we're going to have to have a Prison Break reunion between Stormare and Knepper at some point.

Hmm, season 2 ended with Ollie building a PRISON on the island to house super criminals. Criminals like the cast of SPARTICUS.
I get the feeling that more PRISONERS will end up on this ARENA of a jail as the season continues.

Confirmed: The season 3 final will be Wentworth Millar as Psimon orchestrating a mass break out, and Ollie will have to fight the cast of Prison Break AND Spartacus.

• Locked thread