Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tomahawk posted:

I'm really curious as to what your definition of blowing up is. Does there need to be a congressional hearing?

If Obama comments on it and gets his licks in on Ant I might die of irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Cromulent posted:

Right, but the reason why it's not massively blowing up and everywhere is because there's a lot of reading involved. "VIDEO: National DJ calls woman a N***** C*** to her face!!" generates more clicks than "Radio DJ says racist things" then a series of 15 tweets and 45 minutes of show audio. His tweets were no worse than he's said on any given day.

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. Why now?

He says the same awful things day in day out on twitter, endlessly repeating the same arguments and retweeting every single story the listeners send him with a black perpetrator. The stuff in the jezebel article is far worse than anything from the past couple of days. He openly talks about frequenting and bringing some of his material from Niggermania for heaven's sake.

Twitter is fantastic, because it gives really loving stupid people a platform to display their idiocy for the world to see. It seems obvious why most celebs have people to run their social media stuff.

I mean all he really had to say about this was that he had an altercation in Times Square with somebody who was upset at being included in a photo he was taking. He probably would have garnered some actual sympathy for that, but instead he used it as a platform to spout more of his terrible opinions.

Edit: I hope the woman who punched him in face turns out to be that Agatha woman he's always arguing with on Twitter.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
In some weird twisted way you know Opie is jealous of Anthony going viral.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Because it's the perfect story.

Racist shock jock who frequently talks about how he's ready to shoot black people if they try anything with him is beaten up by a black woman because he was taking her picture without permission as others look on and laugh.

It's... beautiful.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

-Atom- posted:

In some weird twisted way you know Opie is jealous of Anthony going viral.

I'm just relieved that none of this affected the latest issue of FunnyMofos.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

eightysixed posted:

:confused:

You can't just go beating people up because someone took your picture or called you a name...

You also can't just go screaming ":supaburn: friend of the family! :supaburn:" in the middle of Times Square without your black cuckolding fantasy finally happening, but not like this...not like this

EDIT: vvvv some are odd and some deranged, Anthony's views are very strange vvv

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 3, 2014

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

WEIRD NEWS!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I saw the headline on Gawker and thought "Well that's gotta be Anthony" and holy poo poo it was

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
By the way, I love that his 17 year old girlfriend is being brought up in articles. So funny. Just makes him look so scummy.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

How Much Art posted:

By the way, I love that his 17 year old girlfriend is being brought up in articles. So funny. Just makes him look so scummy.

It's him being a massive scumbag that does that.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

This is becoming the groverhaus of shock jockery, it just keeps getting funnier by getting more ridiculous/worse.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Please let Bobo get some sort of national coverage.

Oh god.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
"Next we have the Intern they called....Blind Stevie. Here to discuss being pimped out to other radio shows."

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

Please let Bobo get some sort of national coverage.

Oh god.

"nnng why can't a white man shout 'SHUT UP SPADE' in public without becoming a word fugitive awright?!?"
*cut to Anderson Cooper, blank-faced and silent, blinking occasionally*

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Anthony Cumia @AnthonyCumia ·

Oh, @BeavisCumia, we may have to start going to the cheaper food boy.

edit: fun new Gawker article:
http://gawker.com/anthony-cumia-has-a-long-history-of-public-awfulness-1599704541

Ant's also re-tweeting support from George Zimmerman's brother. Terrific!

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 3, 2014

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

How Much Art posted:

He's straight daring them to fire him now, he's so hosed.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

How Much Art posted:

http://gawker.com/anthony-cumia-has-a-long-history-of-public-awfulness-1599704541

Oh my goddddd. This makes up for him never really getting called out. Literally years of over the top racism condensed to make him look like the worst person ever (and he is)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This is like the end of Seinfeld where they get all the character witnesses to proclaim what awful people they all are.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

quote:

And in the intervening decade, from what former listeners and tipsters have told us, Cumia's (and Hughes and frequent collaborator Jim Norton) racism has run deep.

As much as I basically hate Anthony it kinda sucks that Opie and Jim got swept into the "racism runs deep" thing as I'm pretty sure that neither of them is actually racist. Certainly not in the category of racist that Anthony is in.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

How Much Art posted:

Oh neat. I got anonymously quoted in a Gawker article. I guess I've finally made it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Stefan Prodan posted:

As much as I basically hate Anthony it kinda sucks that Opie and Jim got swept into the "racism runs deep" thing as I'm pretty sure that neither of them is actually racist. Certainly not in the category of racist that Anthony is in.

Jimmy has whole bits dedicated to how terrible Arabs are. Jimmy is a racist.

I don't know if Opie is interesting enough to be racist.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I guess I had forgotten the whole Jimmy hates arab coffee thing

I kinda tunnel visioned about just attitudes about black people but I guess you're right

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
The title for the stormfront thread is: "The only mainstream white pride patriot, Anthony Cumia, gets attacked by a savage she boon." :allears:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yeah, I guess I had forgotten the whole Jimmy hates arab coffee thing

I kinda tunnel visioned about just attitudes about black people but I guess you're right

He's also kind of racist about black people but he's far more even handed than Ant and it's born mostly of him being a dummy as opposed to Anthony and his gleeful hatred.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Jim also sort of seems like the guy who would at least listen to an opposing view point and maybe change his opinions whereas Anthony is stuck and will never ever change his horrible viewpoints.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

When the people defending you are George Zimmerman's brother and Stormfront, things will probably not end well

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Wait until Gawker finds out about his arsenal.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Amphion posted:

The title for the stormfront thread is: "The only mainstream white pride patriot, Anthony Cumia, gets attacked by a savage she boon." :allears:

"She boon" doesn't even make sense.

1/10, stormfront. Would not hate again.

Spazz
Nov 17, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

Jim also sort of seems like the guy who would at least listen to an opposing view point and maybe change his opinions whereas Anthony is stuck and will never ever change his horrible viewpoints.

Jim has flip-flopped on politics a lot, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Opie has too. There's been many cases when they've gone into a discussion with their beliefs and tried to stand their ground, but eventually they listen to the other side. Anthony? He will eventually regress to a toddler and start playing stuff from the replay machine over dissenting opinions.

I stopped listening a little before the Trayvon Martin trial, and I really think that when Patrice died is when the show started to go downhill. He would keep Anthony and his stupidity grounded, now there's nobody except callers to defend black people to him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The show went downhill the second the name "Obama" was first uttered on air. Ever since it's been a steady decline that ended with Patrice's death being the biggest break in the dam that is Ant's racism.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Anthony is totally going to sue Sirius if he's fired and it'll be great.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

onemillionzombies posted:

Yeah, no matter how you slice it, ironically this is going to be the best thing to happen on the show in years.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Haven't really listened to the show regularly since maybe a year after Patrice died, just caught it now and then and I think Ant's racist tirades were one of the main reasons I tuned out, sometimes they were funny but you'd get that one where you were reminded that yea he is a real piece of poo poo, even if he is a funny gently caress. I don't want him to get fired but I hope this ends up with him getting suspended and coming back knowing he cant get away with his rants anymore.

I wonder how long until they track this woman down? I mean it's getting pretty good coverage and someones bound to recognize her, i would love to hear her side of the story and see just how much of his story is bullshit.

onemillionzombies posted:

Hopefully that court date will work out a little better

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 3, 2014

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I wish Anthony had remained a cowardly little turd. His rage at being kicked out of his Everquest guild by a 14 year old was one of my favorite things.

Eggs
Apr 15, 2007

Amphion posted:

Hahahaha

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ant deserves everything he gets, and I don't feel the least bit sorry for Jim or Opie who just sits around and lets him spew that poo poo on a regular basis.

Wonder what Ron will say about all of this, if anything.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

I wish Anthony had remained a cowardly little turd. His rage at being kicked out of his Everquest guild by a 14 year old was one of my favorite things.

Manchild Anthony was much more entertaining than Racist Anthony, I agree.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Gonzo McFee posted:

Well he did get the poo poo beaten out of him by a woman and then cried on twitter for ages like a pussy so I'd say cowardly little turd still applies

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

AndrewP posted:

Wonder what Ron will say about all of this, if anything.

Hopefully, keep his drat mouth shut. He has to know how bad this could get, and I do not want to see him get dragged along in the wake.

• Locked thread