Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter, Hereby Oath for the month of July

240 Napoleonic French Line infantry (4 to a stand, 6 stands per stick, 10 sticks)
4 Cannon and their crew (20 models total)

These are 6mm by Baccus miniatures.

For the journal, I oath 1 Dropzone Commander Scourge Annihilator - 10mm by Hawk Wargames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath 5 treasure tokens, Leech Wyrm, Bone Hydra, Sea Giant, and Shadewraith for GW's Dreadfleet and one Malignos from Infinity for the month of July.

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath these 15 Citadel Guards for the month of July. From Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG as usual.

rzal posted:

I, rzal, will Oath to complete a GW Chaos space marine captain and a Human Super Star player from Willy Miniatures for the month of July.

BirdieBedtime posted:

I, BirdieBedtime, do hereby oath this Maulerfiend (GW)!

Red Shoe posted:

I oath The Caverns of Roxor for July including: 6 fire gels, 3 burning gels, 2 ember hounds, 1 blaze beetle, Rock Gut, Roxor, 1 lava whirl, 2 bombardiers, 1 crusher, 6 slowpokes, 2 rollers, 6 turtle shells, 2 rock piles, a Star Guild Sapper, Princess Ruby, and a Deeproot Scout.
These are from Soda Pop Miniatures.

KingMob posted:

July Oath

Runewood, Stormblade Captain and Murdoch, all from Privateer Press, 28mm.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Chaos Lord Kranon the Relentless!  From GW's Dark Vengeance starter box, 28 mm.

I only hope my hands are steady enough for what I want to do with this mini....

SRM posted:

Thanks for the repost, would be bummed if it got lost in the shuffle :)

Anyway, now that that's done, I'm making an oath for July!
I, SRM, oath Marneus Calgar and 5 sniper scouts by Games Workshop

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, Hereby Oath for the month of July

240 Napoleonic French Line infantry (4 to a stand, 6 stands per stick, 10 sticks)
4 Cannon and their crew (20 models total)

These are 6mm by Baccus miniatures.

For the journal, I oath 1 Dropzone Commander Scourge Annihilator - 10mm by Hawk Wargames.
OATHS ACCEPTED!

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, oath this HG Gundam AGE-2 Double Bullet and this totally legit and not counterfeit chaos dwarf.

Colors on the gundam are bare plastic, I can take another after priming if that is too much.

Edit: forgot Samoa time, retaken
I'm aware that the Gundam models are molded in their colors already, but it would help keep the confusion down for other oathers if you can retake the picture after you prime it?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one unit of Cygnar Silverline Stormguard (10 models, on left) and one Stormblade Captain solo (on right), both from Privateer Press

Did I format my oath wrong?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Nope! Just missed it, sorry :)

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one unit of Cygnar Silverline Stormguard (10 models, on left) and one Stormblade Captain solo (on right), both from Privateer Press

Accepted!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

krushgroove posted:

Yes, the Journal is all about OSL :)

What about LEDs? :P

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

thespaceinvader posted:

What about LEDs? :P

LEDs are fine to do, but this is a painting competition, not an electronics or scratchbuilding competition. So you're welcome to do whatever you like but the judges will give their awards for painting first, then creativity, etc., as they see fit. The same goes for the Journals.

Just as the competition must be open to non-GW models and settings and no disadvantage painters of Malifaux or other models (the main reason for the one model minimum), the competition is about painting and can't disadvantage hobbyists who don't want to add soldering and wiring to their skillset.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I, YF19pilot, being of sound mind and bodily health, doth oath the following: Four (4) 7.5cm PaK40 anti-tank guns & crew, One (1) Kfz 15 field car with driver, One (1) Barkmann's Workshop and Six (6) Villagers, all from Battlefront's Flames of War.

In case there is any confusion what is what, the PaKs are blue, field car green, workshop red, villagers yellow.

Also, quick question, what color does a gaslight street lamp burn at, and what kind of color does it cast? Most photos I've seen show kind of a white light, but want to make sure my research isn't letting me down before I fail at my first attempt at object source lighting.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I, Lungboy, oath to paint 2 Storm Talons (28mm, Games Workshop) in the month of July.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

krushgroove posted:

I'm aware that the Gundam models are molded in their colors already, but it would help keep the confusion down for other oathers if you can retake the picture after you prime it?

Will do!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Awesome, thanks :) I'm planning to get some Gundam stuff myself just for kicks, and had ordered some of the cheaper kits to proxy as Knights but I never got the drat things and had to demand a refund through ebay.

YF19pilot posted:

I, YF19pilot, being of sound mind and bodily health, doth oath the following: Four (4) 7.5cm PaK40 anti-tank guns & crew, One (1) Kfz 15 field car with driver, One (1) Barkmann's Workshop and Six (6) Villagers, all from Battlefront's Flames of War.

Lungboy posted:

I, Lungboy, oath to paint 2 Storm Talons (28mm, Games Workshop) in the month of July.

Oaths Accepted!

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

quote:

krushgroove posted:

Will do!

Good enough? I'm having trouble getting the red to cover up, but its getting done not-red anyway.

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug

Germ posted:

Thank you kindly! Though I'm pretty sure, since I'm judging this season, I'm not eligible for Judge's points. I submitted an inaugral oath for solidarity more than anything.

Curse you! More work! Correction to the previous judgement! :ducksiren:

Jurnal, 1 Point: lovestick

Very clean and slick looking. Nice pictures, and I approve of your choice of font.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

It's time to bite the bullet, get off my rear end, and do this thing.

I, Kerzoro, oath to paint 5 Valkyries (32mm, Prodos Games, Mutant Chronicles: Warzone Ressurection) in the month of July.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I, Slimnoid, Oath the following for July: Kaeris and 2 Gunslingers (Wyrd Games, 28mm); 3x Generic Forsaken Bane, Saint Mark Reaver, and Forsaken Field Medic (Dark Age, 28mm)

For bonuses: Inquisitor's Journal (OSL) on Kaeris and the 2 Gunslingers, Backstory, and Box Art on the Forsaken Field Medic. I am also doing Double the Fun! on Kaeris, with both this month's OSL and last month's Custom Base journal. EDIT: I am an idiot and have already done Double the Fun. Ignore that!

Slimnoid fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 3, 2014

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

YF19pilot posted:

Also, quick question, what color does a gaslight street lamp burn at, and what kind of color does it cast? Most photos I've seen show kind of a white light, but want to make sure my research isn't letting me down before I fail at my first attempt at object source lighting.

I think white or yellowish-white. It will depend on the specific chemicals getting burned, though, and the Wikipedia said there were additives that people included to get the lamps to burn different colors on demand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_lighting

In general, I think I remember from chemistry class that anything organic (carbon-bearing) tends to burn/glow in the white/yellow/orange range.

Edit: As a complete non sequitur, metallic wrapping paper burns an awesome turquoise in a fireplace and I imagine the fumes were probably The Healthiest Thing Ever to be around. :v:

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 3, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dagon posted:

Good enough? I'm having trouble getting the red to cover up, but its getting done not-red anyway.

You're good to go!

Kerzoro posted:

It's time to bite the bullet, get off my rear end, and do this thing.

I, Kerzoro, oath to paint 5 Valkyries (32mm, Prodos Games, Mutant Chronicles: Warzone Ressurection) in the month of July.

Slimnoid posted:

I, Slimnoid, Oath the following for July: Kaeris and 2 Gunslingers (Wyrd Games, 28mm); 3x Generic Forsaken Bane, Saint Mark Reaver, and Forsaken Field Medic (Dark Age, 28mm)

Oaths Accepted!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Also, spreadsheet's up to date, boss. :sun:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhbAQSD-C_25dFcwTGtXeWJpNG9Ob18yclJKYUhQMkE&usp=drive_web#gid=14

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Your Index columns for June and on are still looking for 5 points instead of 3.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Leperflesh posted:

Your Index columns for June and on are still looking for 5 points instead of 3.

Hmm, I thought I fixed that. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Iris of Ether posted:

I think white or yellowish-white. It will depend on the specific chemicals getting burned, though, and the Wikipedia said there were additives that people included to get the lamps to burn different colors on demand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_lighting

In general, I think I remember from chemistry class that anything organic (carbon-bearing) tends to burn/glow in the white/yellow/orange range.

Edit: As a complete non sequitur, metallic wrapping paper burns an awesome turquoise in a fireplace and I imagine the fumes were probably The Healthiest Thing Ever to be around. :v:

Sweet, thanks for this. Makes sense about the color, I've used an acetylene torch before, and when you're just burning the fuel/oxy to light, it's a yellow-white flame. Accelerating it obviously pushes it into blue-white territory, but that has more to do with the actual temperature of the flame rather than what is being burned at that point.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Awesome! I'll have the photo album and slideshow ready in the next couple of days - a weekend trip to the Tour de France stages in Yorkshire awaits, so I'm hoping to get the album done during lunchtime tomorrow.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

I'll be a pedant here and remind that my stormwing maybe should be counted as a themed group.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

koreban posted:

I'll be a pedant here and remind that my stormwing maybe should be counted as a themed group.

Yep, I missed updating that. Thanks!

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I, Sistergodiva oath these 4 Fire Warriors and 2 Drones. (GW)

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I, signalnoise, oath these *10* Mantic Marauders from Deadzone

I have a feeling that I'm gonna fail this oath, but I gotta get these fuckers painted drat it

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 6, 2014

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Oath a NeoTerran Starter from Corvus Belli/Infinity (28mm)!

I also edited my pictures before time ended to put my name in the pictures. >.>

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Signal posted:

I also edited my pictures before time ended to put my name in the pictures. >.>

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but how do you mount your units like that for spraying?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Sistergodiva posted:

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but how do you mount your units like that for spraying?
Drill into the feet and pin them to the cork. Later on you use the same pin to attach the model to the base and clip it from underneath. Personally I consider it too much hassle and prefer to saw the tabs down into natural pins and use little document clips to hold them.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint for July:

Five Games Workshop Space Wolves :black101: and three Wyrd Miniatures Terror Tots :devil:

All are approximately 28-30mm

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
I cataphract, oath for July one GW MORKANAUT

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Sistergodiva posted:

I, Sistergodiva oath these 4 Fire Warriors and 2 Drones. (GW)

signalnoise posted:

I, signalnoise, oath these 11 Mantic Marauders from Deadzone

Signal posted:

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint for July:

Five Games Workshop Space Wolves :black101: and three Wyrd Miniatures Terror Tots :devil:

Cataphract posted:

I cataphract, oath for July one GW MORKANAUT
OATHS ACCEPTED!!

Sistergodiva posted:

Don't apologize or feel awkward for asking! Part of the coolness of the thread is learning how to do stuff and pushing your boundaries! That's the reason the Inquisitor's Journal changes every month, so you're encouraged to try something like OSL by getting an extra point and the possibility of earning another 1-3 points from the judges. There's always the Miniatures Painting thread where you can ask your questions but if you spot something interesting, don't be shy, ask away! Also, some of the Oath Thread painters don't post very often in the painting thread, so if you don't ask here you might not see their model anywhere else.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: HERE'S THE JUNE PHOTO ALBUM!! :siren:

https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/6032186811667644897?authkey=CLmknqmo-929Dw

Please check to make sure you're in there!

I made an effort to include all the photos of the many many cool bases that were made during June - great job, everyone!

I also only had to add usernames to just TWO of the submissions this time around - awesome! (you'll know who you are if you see your name in bright green Comic Sans!) - if I missed anyone please shout up!

In case anyone is curious, all of the submissions are randomly sorted, using the random alphanumeric file names that Imgur conveniently use for pictures that are uploaded. I drag and drop the first picture after checking it's got your username in the picture, copy the first file name to my clipboard, then copy over the other pictures you have into a desktop folder, renaming each one with a '2', '3', and so on. Then all of the pictures (usually 250 or so) are uploaded to my Google photo album, sorted by name, then I share the link. Yeah...there's not much to it, but it's a handy way to make sure that user AAAAAaaaaaAAAaaaAAAAgh doesn't always come first in the photo album, and user ZZZZZzzzzZZZZombieZZZZzzzzZZ doesn't always come last!

This is also a great reminder to CHECK YOUR POINTS! Here's the spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhbAQSD-C_25dFcwTGtXeWJpNG9Ob18yclJKYUhQMkE&usp=drive_web&pli=1#gid=1 If you notice any discrepancies or think you should be credited for something, post a link to the post where you've claimed whatever you're claiming.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I, ForkBanger, oath Ama no Zaku, Vanessa and a Student of Conflict for th emonth of July.

All three are 32mm Malifaux miniatures, from Wyrd.

Now to go and get some primer to finish priming.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, under 15, oath the following for July:

10 Savage Orc Boar Boyz (GW, 28mm)

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

I, Tweekinator, oath 3 GW Empire Halberdiers to die in Mordheim and 1 Reaper Bones Boerogg Blackrime, Frost Giant.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Sistergodiva posted:

Like Pierzak said, I drilled in a little pin on the bottom. I've thought about doing what he suggests with the tab, but my Infinity models end up on clear bases afterwards.

(speaking of which, I'm still good to get the basing points if I do extra bases that aren't attached to them, right?)

EDIT:
Also Krushgroove, you got my pictures with my name on them, but I didn't get the point for having my username on the spreadsheet. :ohdear:

Signal fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 4, 2014

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath 10 Skeletons, a Lich King, and Morgoth the Faceless for July 2014.

All of these are 28mm, from Mantic Games for Kings of War.

(Clarification: Mantic puts a ton of extras on their sprues, but I'm just doing ten of the skeletons.)

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I'm wondering the same thing, since I'm making a pretty kickass banner on a separate base. Had to use sesame seeds since I didn't have any sand or dirt, other materials include sponge, plastic cup, q-tip and sewing thread.

Also, I though you had actually just glued their feet to the top of a nail first, which is something I'm probably gonna do next time I spray, of course that's a no-no for a clear base.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Signal posted:

EDIT:
Also Krushgroove, you got my pictures with my name on them, but I didn't get the point for having my username on the spreadsheet. :ohdear:

It should be fixed in the spreadsheet now - I just lagged a day behind the thread. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I, jodai, do hereby oath these: Dahlia Hallyr and her pet snake Skarath(Privateer Press), A countryside priest, two Avalonian recruits, an Avalonian crossbowman and an Avalonian legate(Kraken editions) all 28mm

• Locked thread