Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Let's get Pizza Lady & 1 other goon to RuneFest!
http://services.runescape.com/m=news/win-a-trip-for-two-to-runefest-2014?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

You know, at first I wasn't too happy with the dwarfscape update, but after playing with it for a while, I must admit... It's pretty good

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Plant things like Achievement Banners and Clan Vexillum in front of the the Pest Control ramp for maximum laughs.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
So I have decided to do at least 1k QBD kills. My initial goal was to do enough QBD until I had dragon bones to cover 96-99 Prayer, but knowing I'll get distracted, I'm just going to fully commit to 1k kills and post my loot from each day, as long as I do at least 50+ kills each day so I'm not spamming up the thread. After this I may be doing some 1k kill logs on other bosses so let me know what you would like to see next. Keeping in mind I'm not doing it with Kalphite King, Vorago, Rot6, or Nex.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Professor Oak posted:

Keeping in mind I'm not doing it with Kalphite King, Vorago, Rot6, or Nex.

1k Kalphite Queens in the old hive :getin:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Nominating frag for this

fr0ggerrr
Apr 18, 2011
So, is anyone at all playing OSRS? I saw Pizza Lady... 1 time in the clan chat. That sums up my social interactions with goons so far.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I also cast my vote for frag x pizza lady runefest fanfic

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

fr0ggerrr posted:

So, is anyone at all playing OSRS? I saw Pizza Lady... 1 time in the clan chat. That sums up my social interactions with goons so far.

I do on occasion, and I think there's 2-3 others as well. Everyone seems to play at different times though, so El Goonsquad is empty most of the time.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I will throw in 6bondx if they deliver pizzas/hand out pizza slices to the other people at runefest.

ninja e: Isn't crowdsourcing great?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I will throw in 6bondx if they deliver pizzas/hand out pizza slices to the other people at runefest.

ninja e: Isn't crowdsourcing great?

This is the best idea and I will toss some cash in to help pay for it if Pizza will cosplay her character and give out pizza.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
What..? No.. this is a horrible idea! Why are you considering shipping me off to the worst nerdfest ever? What have I ever done to you? :negative:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Slayer loot tab from 10 to 20% of the way on my goal to 120 slayer, or about 8.4m slayer xp:

Pizza Lady guessed it would be worth 48m. How close was she?

edit:

:911::911:

Augster fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 4, 2014

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
Auggie, what slayer monster dropped all of those bolt tips/dragon arrowtips and stuff?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
So guys

'Do you wanna go to Runefest?'

fits perfectly to 'Do you wanna build snowman?'

I smell a trip winning youtube video idea

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah that smells like something alright.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Slayer task completed before the awful revolution and red cloak debuff.

Kharidian Exile mission completed at 50% on the first try!

First reroll after got me the guy :3:

Today's casual air altar run with the new bank chest improv added:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

'MURICA! :patriot:

e: My three TH keys got me a Shiny Four-Leaf, Shiny Three-Leaf and Shiny Two-Leaf clover necklaces in that order. :whatup:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jul 4, 2014

joachim783
May 9, 2013
i've been reading the forums and apparently a jmod said in a recent stream that they would probably revert the revolution nerf and instead bring full manual in line with revolution's damage.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

y'all fuckers who didn't go to the drop party tonight missed out big

there was even a santa there that mungo got, could have been yours

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
26m is meaningful to you?

What a poor

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Magres posted:

26m is meaningful to you?

What a poor

gently caress you and also could you buy me an sgs

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'm actually also a poor :haw:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
The second drop party went well, and I did this one in rounds and it was cool, except v8mate dropped a bunch of voodoo masks so I couldn't stuff everything in at once. :mad:

The party has yet to begin.

Jubblies v1.2

Absolutego said he added some- holy poo poo. :stare::stare::stare:

Uhh I forget why I took this one.

The party is going!

Look at this lucky bastard.

After all the good loots have been had, the party draws to a close.

This is probably the best though. Some pubbie came to the party just as it ended and the only thing left in the chest was like 522 gp and 62 air runes.

This is definitely the best part by far though:

MY BANK IS CLEAN AGAIN :3::3::3:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Professor Oak posted:

Auggie, what slayer monster dropped all of those bolt tips/dragon arrowtips and stuff?

Muspah

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

What..? No.. this is a horrible idea! Why are you considering shipping me off to the worst nerdfest ever? What have I ever done to you? :negative:

Can we make a list of people who actually can and will go to Runefest 2014 if GoonScape communism bonds will pay the ticket? I wouldn't mind going myself, but if some Scot/brit/welshman wants to go I'd rather give him a few bonds, instead of flying myself across the North Sea to meet&greet Mod Moltare.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spergminer posted:

Can we make a list of people who actually can and will go to Runefest 2014 if GoonScape communism bonds will pay the ticket? I wouldn't mind going myself, but if some Scot/brit/welshman wants to go I'd rather give him a few bonds, instead of flying myself across the North Sea to punch Mod Moltare.

Made a change hth

--

My 6 bond donation is extended to either the OG Pizza Lady to pass out pizza slices, or any goon who will cosplay as Pizza Lady, hand out slices, and make terrible puns.

... Hell, i'll double the bond donation.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Here's a list of Goonscape members willing to go to Runefest:

<end list>

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Poonerman posted:

Pizza Lady :twisted:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Poonerman posted:

<end list>

me

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
So after getting home from delicious BBQ and getting disappointed in the July BTS (what did you expect idiot), I got bored and tabulated the number of quests Jagex has released by year. I didn't count remakes of old ones, unless they were completely overhauled and made into an entirely different quest.

2001: 17
2002: 23
2003: 11
2004: 15
2005: 29
2006: 21
2007: 14
2008: 17
-----
2009: 12
2010: 12
2011: 9
2012: 11
2013: 5 (!?)
2014: 4

Some stunning efficiency, there.

Oh yeah, and every recent quest (with the exception of Mighty Fall) has been either Novice or Grandmaster.

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_quest_release_dates

Plans for at least 22 more quests :allears:

Pick a groupie to go with you and give us a full report.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
To be fair didn't they spend most of last year doing EOC stuff?

I'm pretty okay with their quest release rate going through the floor if it means overhauling the game for a year to be less poo poo.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Poonerman posted:

2001: 17
2002: 23
2003: 11
2004: 15
2005: 29
2006: 21
2007: 14
2008: 17
-----
2009: 12
2010: 12
2011: 9
2012: 11
2013: 5 (!?)
2014: 4

A reminder that 2005 was the year of Ratcatchers.

:colbert: More does not mean better. :colbert:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Poonerman posted:

<end list>

I'd go if it was in Florida!

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Changing my vote to this, I'll be willing to toss in 3 bonds for a fishmech trip report, live from Tobacco Dock.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
How many bonds is it to pay for a Runefest ticket?

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
34, going by the ticket price.

VonSchnowser x fishmech would make it 68, so about 209,234,470 gp per person at the moment.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

quote:

Character Name Clean-up

We’re updating the way character names work, so now you can grab that name you’ve had your eye on since you completed Cook’s Assistant and change your name more often.

Members will continue to get one free name change per month, and we’re now offering you an alternative way to change your name as many times as you like on top of this. Redeem one Bond to swap your name for another, completely bypassing name change waiting time of one month.

As well as offering this new name change service, we’re working to release character names from dormant accounts. If you’re a member, you’ll be able to take one of the names we release completely free, as long as you haven’t changed your name in the last month.

Don’t worry though, your character name is safe. As long as you’re a member or recently active free player, your name is yours to keep for as long as you want it.

We’ll only be recovering character names from the following accounts:

Former members who haven’t logged into their account for 2 years
Players who have never been a member who also haven’t logged into their account for 6 months

We’ll be sending out emails to all accounts affected. If that includes you, all you need to do to keep your character name safe is log into your account within the next seven days.

So, if you’re having an identity crisis or just fancy a change, redeem a Bond now to change your name and keep your eyes peeled. We’ll be releasing a list of the names we’ve made available, in batches, within the next few weeks.

The RuneScape Team

quote:

Royal Rhinos and New Seasonal Hiscores

We’ve teamed up with the charity United for Wildlife on their United for Rhino campaign to help them raise awareness of illegal wildlife trade, in particular rhino horn trade.

Today, RuneScape members can begin the journey to adopting a white or black royal rhino pet in-game.

All you need to do is visit the young conservationists who are waiting for you in Burthorpe to tell you all about the plight of the rhinos - particularly the dangers they face from poachers in the wild.

The conservationists, Trang and Mauricio, will be there for 2 weeks and will provide you with a different multiple choice question, related to the plight of the rhinos and illegal wildlife trade, each day.

To adopt a white royal rhino, all you need to do is answer 4 questions correctly over the 14 day period, and to adopt your black Royal Rhino you need to answer 10 questions correctly.

The royal rhinos in your care are extra special. To thank you for saving them, they are offering an XP buff, 10% if you have the white rhino and 15% for the black rhino.

On top of this, those of you with 96 Summoning can use your white rhino like a pack yak, giving you access to a Pack Yak inventory for 1.5 hours in exchange for a pack yak pouch. Your black rhino offers the same for two hours.

These extras will last for the two weeks that our young conservationists are in game and for two weeks after they have moved on to other lands. After this, your rhinos will still be with you, just minus those special extras.

For more information on the plight of the rhino, visit the United for Wildlife website.

The RuneScape Team

But who cares about that, here's the real deal, from patch notes:

quote:

A new God Wars Dungeon teleport spell have been added to the standard spellbook as a reward for completing The Mighty Fall. Additionally players with a mahogany eagle lectern may create teletabs to this location.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's called Trollheim teleport after doing My Arm's Big Adventure, Jagex

Oh no wait Mighty Fall altered the teleport. Nevermind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

It's called Trollheim teleport after doing My Arm's Big Adventure, Jagex

Oh no wait Mighty Fall altered the teleport. Nevermind!

I'm pretty sure the Trollheim/GWD swap was a Mighty Fall reward already.

• Locked thread