Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yeah, the basic theme of the series is that Magneto is just as bad as all of his enemies, from the Nazis to the Sentinel-building human separatists to the Purifiers to the Marauders. It's just that, much like Frank Castle, he knows exactly what he is and knows that he might as well fight fire with fire to make them all pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

This issue of Moon Knight was definitely the best one yet, and I'd like to give a special shout out to Jordie Bellaire if only for that bit on pages 11 and 12 with the miniboss in the pink boots & belt combo where every time he hits Moon Knight, pink becomes the background 'pain' color. loving awesome. Her colors have also just been super on point in this series in general, which is important in a Moon Knight book.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
Moon Knight is so fuckin good. I'm kinda new to reading comics as they come out. When will the trade for issues 1-6 be available?

e: nevermind, I see they expect it October 14, 2014
http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Knight-Volume-From-Dead/dp/0785154086/

I hope the next writer is up to snuff for this poo poo. I checked out the new artist and he's got some good stuff. I'm glad the colorist is sticking around because all 3 of them have been phenomenal so far.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

This issue of Moon Knight was definitely the best one yet, and I'd like to give a special shout out to Jordie Bellaire if only for that bit on pages 11 and 12 with the miniboss in the pink boots & belt combo where every time he hits Moon Knight, pink becomes the background 'pain' color. loving awesome. Her colors have also just been super on point in this series in general, which is important in a Moon Knight book.

She gets extra marks for leaving Moon Knight original inks white in a field of color. It's such a subtle thing but makes huge impacts on the page, especially when he finally rolls up his sleeves. It gives the feeling of a comic book character living in reality without having to adhere to the rules of reality.

I know it's been like that every issue but this is the first one where it just pops out at you with every page (at least to me).

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Does anyone know when Remender's run on Cap is supposed to end? It's fuckin' dire and :psyduck: as hell.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think it's great, even if some of the issues felt kind of like filler.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Moon Knight #5 was great but do you guys seriously think it was better than #4? I thought that was far and away the best work Shalvey and Bellaire have ever done.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

I think it's great, even if some of the issues felt kind of like filler.

I heard some folks on Twitter complaining about issue #22 so I decided to check out what was up (and their complaints were ... inaccurate and mostly from people who admitted to never reading it), which is why I decided to read it, and I'm just not into the early Dimension Z stuff, Cap's adopted son, what happened with Sharon, literally everything about Jet Black Zola ... I dunno.

I'm not really into Cap being temporarily aged and depowered, either. I've successfully ignored this book prior to now and I'm probably going to go back to doing that, but as far as I know sales have dropped off a ton with each issue and I'm just wondering what Marvel's plans are. It's cool if you're enjoying it, though. v :) v

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm not particularly excited about Cap being depowered either, since Brubaker already did that not too long ago, but it's a good progression to what's been happening to Cap. Brubaker's run was Cap losing faith in America, Remender's run is more about Cap losing faith in himself. I really liked Dimension Z and all the stuff with Nuke and Dr. Mindbubble, although I agree that some of the Jet Black stuff falls a bit flat.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Moon Knight is a breath of fresh air. I've always been a proponent of writers who write big, slow arcs "for the trade" because I just enjoy that kind of storytelling. But it's good to have a book of all one offs that are so satisfying.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Unmature posted:

Moon Knight is a breath of fresh air. I've always been a proponent of writers who write big, slow arcs "for the trade" because I just enjoy that kind of storytelling. But it's good to have a book of all one offs that are so satisfying.

Yeah, I haven't been keeping up with it after it started, because I wanted to read them all at once, but there's no point since each one is self-contained. Goddamn this issue, though, it might be my single favourite issue of the year.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Unmature posted:

I bet Ellis would be writing for trade if he could write more than 8 issues of a single book in one go these days.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I would make writing for the trade illegal if I had my way, so I also like Moon Knight.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Mr. Maltose posted:

I bet Ellis would be writing for trade if he could write more than 8 issues of a single book in one go these days.

I talked to Jason Howard a couple weeks ago and he said Ellis has a number of scripts already done for Trees. Wasn't totally convinced but fingers crossed, that might actually be a book that he's on for more than trade.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is there any news on Hawkeye? Is Fraction too busy with Sex Criminals now? I want to know what happened to Clint and Pizza Dog :(

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SalTheBard posted:

Is there any news on Hawkeye? Is Fraction too busy with Sex Criminals now? I want to know what happened to Clint and Pizza Dog :(

Someone post the Avengers panel.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
New issue is in 3 weeks, according to Aja's twitter.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skwirl posted:

Avengers #30

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's really hard to not read that page like it was a character intro from Borderlands 2. Just take the fourth panel and slap some effects on there with "FUTURE HAWKEYE (The dog's dead now)"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

I actually had seen that panel, which is what triggered in my head "Hey it's been a long rear end time since the last issue of Hawkeye."

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
What's the current sitrep on Hope? I liked her view on things and the panel where she learned the word Fiero. Fiero!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think she's joined the innumerable ranks of all-new teen mutant characters no one uses because the new writers have their own all-new teen mutants they want to write about.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sithsaber posted:

What's the current sitrep on Hope? I liked her view on things and the panel where she learned the word Fiero. Fiero!
She is in Spurrier's X-Force run. The last issue was about her.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Spiderdrake posted:

She is in Spurrier's X-Force run. The last issue was about her.

Yeah, without giving anything away... go read Spurrier's X-Force.

It is vastly better than I expected, and is becoming a lot of fun.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hope did literally serve her entire purpose for existing already.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I've really got to get on the Spurrier train, X-Men Legacy's next on my list. Has there been any news on who's picking up the reigns for Young Avengers or are they gonna let the property lie low for a bit? I just reread the resolution 2 parter and god I want more adventures from this team :(

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Aphrodite posted:

Hope did literally serve her entire purpose for existing already.

Twice actually, by restoring mutants then restoring mutants again in a completely organic crossover that didn't sweep an XMen summer event under the rug.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

hope and vaseline posted:

I've really got to get on the Spurrier train, X-Men Legacy's next on my list. Has there been any news on who's picking up the reigns for Young Avengers or are they gonna let the property lie low for a bit? I just reread the resolution 2 parter and god I want more adventures from this team :(

Young Avengers have their own story in Original Sins. It's kinda weird.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Moon Dredd was phenomenal. I loved him getting pissed off his truncheon was destroyed.

"These things cost money, and its not like I have a job!"

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

hope and vaseline posted:

I think Marvel are pretty happy to let them sit (with the exception of throwing them in event tie-ins) until someone comes along with a good enough pitch.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

irlZaphod posted:

I think Marvel are pretty happy to let them sit (with the exception of throwing them in event tie-ins) until someone comes along with a good enough pitch.

It's a shame they couldn't bring themselves to do the same with the Runaways and Avengers Academy kids. But gotta get those Hunger Games dollars somehow, amiright?

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Rocket Raccoon and Star Lord were both ok. Pretty funny. I like where this Peter Quill Kitty Pryde thing is going. That could be interesting.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

New Marvel teaser, apparently there will be a new Captain America and Marvel is showing who it is Monday

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
pleasedontbehavokpleasedontbehavokpleasedontbehavok...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
It's going to be his adopted son

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
There was a Dan Abnett prose novel released this week about Groot and Rocket Racoon and I'm about half-way through it now and it is hilarious.

There's a megacoporation called Timely, INC who has some Distinguished Competition and everything. The android narrator got on my nerves at first but about fifty pages in he chills out.

I'm liking it better than both Legendary Star-Lord and the first Bendis trade of GotG but not as much as the first issue of Rocket Raccoon.

(I decided to read some stuff about the GotG yesterday.)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
A new Captain America...again? Is this only in Uncanny Avengers or something?

Who are the candidates?

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Gatts posted:

Who are the candidates?

Someone who will do what needs to be done for the sake of 'Murica.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gatts posted:

Who are the candidates?

In the last arc of Captain America the Iron Nail removed th super soldier serum from his body and he reverted to an old man. Right now the candidates seem to be falcon, jet, and what seems like Cap's adopted son

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

bobkatt013 posted:

In the last arc of Captain Erican the Iron Nail removed th super soldier serum from his body and he reverted to an old man. Right now the candidates seem to be falcon, jet, and what seems like Cap's adopted son

Cap has an adopted son?

No one from Truth? No crossover from some other book like GoG? Captain Racoon?

• Locked thread