Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

While I question the authenticity of his bounty hunter claims, I don't doubt for a second that New Jack probably shot some people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Abu Dave posted:

What did Ian Rotten do to make people mad at him?
It's all in the OP of this old thread.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Abu Dave posted:

What did Ian Rotten do to make people mad at him?

He was really bad at his shoot job at Subway

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

FishBulb posted:

He was really bad at his shoot job at Subway

taco bell

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

oatgan posted:

taco bell

Whatever by now he's probably been fired from both

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"my shoot job at taco bell" is the most depressing and hilarious thing ever said by a human being

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Burt Buckle posted:

Why did the WWF have a working relationship with the USWA in the 90s when they were trying to run every other territory/federation out of business?

It's been addressed, but another reason is because they were severely lacking in talent. There were a couple years where the roster was so thin that they added a ton of territory guys and non-US fed wrestlers into Royal Rumble matches. I think that's when I took a break for the first time since early childhood, actually. Which is too bad because I missed a good portion of the Attitude Era as a result, and only came back in the late 90s.

Speaking of when people watched wrestling back in the day, whatever happened to that PSP wrestling survey someone was doing a few months back? I filled it out and never saw the results anywhere.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Neodoomium posted:

"my shoot job at taco bell" is the most depressing and hilarious thing ever said by a human being

That radio interview was amazing. "I know you're very busy with your shoot job at the Taco Bell, but we think you're a murderer. Thoughts?"

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I thought I'd heard something about him working at Olive Garden.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ghostpilot posted:

I thought I'd heard something about him working at Olive Garden.

That's Justin Credible iirc

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

That's Justin Credible iirc

Yeah, that's Justin Credible.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Turns out that Ian was fired from his job at Taco Bell and ended up a McDonald's.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Burt Buckle posted:

Why did the WWF have a working relationship with the USWA in the 90s when they were trying to run every other territory/federation out of business?

Their business was weak so Vince was more open to doing things he thought might make him money. He worked with SMW because it got him access to some extra talent and Cornette. He worked with USWA because he wanted Lawler and had Jerry Jarrett set up as his successor if he went down on the steroids charges. After he was cleared they used it as a proto developmental territory.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

His shoot job. Remember to specify.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah, that's Justin Credible.

I feel bad about making fun of Credible for working at Olive Garden after listening to him talk with Austin about how addicted he was to drugs and trying to get clean to support his family.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

It's not just the coolest, it's not just the best. It's two meals for $25 with unlimited bread sticks.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Does Reckless Youth still wrestle?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

Does Reckless Youth still wrestle?

No, he was on Colt's podcast a little over a year ago & said he doesn't wrestle anymore.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Considering he's one of the only super famous American historical figures to love wrestling, has anyone ever wrestled under a Abraham Lincoln gimmick?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Considering he's one of the only super famous American historical figures to love wrestling, has anyone ever wrestled under a Abraham Lincoln gimmick?

Damien Sandow.

Super famous American historical figures Jimmy Carter and Bruce Springsteen also love wrestling. Carter's favorite wrestler was Mr. Wrestling II. I know Jimmy doesn't really match up to such company but he's a good man.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

sticklefifer posted:

Speaking of when people watched wrestling back in the day, whatever happened to that PSP wrestling survey someone was doing a few months back? I filled it out and never saw the results anywhere.

i still have the results saved on my computer and i should do it this weekend and i'm a FAT PIECE OF poo poo please forgive me

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

MassRafTer posted:

Damien Sandow.

Super famous American historical figures Jimmy Carter and Bruce Springsteen also love wrestling. Carter's favorite wrestler was Mr. Wrestling II. I know Jimmy doesn't really match up to such company but he's a good man.

Who is the Boss' favorite. I need to know.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

FishBulb posted:

It's gotta be Kane.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

FishBulb posted:

From Asbury Park, New Jersey, Bam Bam Bigelow

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

FishBulb posted:

I believe Bruno.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

MassRafTer posted:

I believe Bruno.

Well that makes sense.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Other way around probably since his finisher is named after an album.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I just realizedw with this comment that 2/3 of the Jersey Triad are dead and now I'm really sad so thanks.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Angular Landbury posted:

I just realizedw with this comment that 2/3 of the Jersey Triad are dead and now I'm really sad so thanks.

Yeah, but the remaining 1/3 is awesome and prevents more wrestler deaths so it evens out.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

MassRafTer posted:

Carter's favorite wrestler was Mr. Wrestling II. I know Jimmy doesn't really match up to such company but he's a good man.
Jimmy Carter? Who'd he ever beat?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Can anyone explain what the deal is with CMLL's different TV shows? From what I can tell there's like, 5 different weekly shows? Is there a tiering there like RAW > Smackdown > Main Event > Superstars?

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

Halloween Jack posted:

Gerald Ford. Good match. Meltz gave it four snowflakes.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Can anyone explain what the deal is with CMLL's different TV shows? From what I can tell there's like, 5 different weekly shows? Is there a tiering there like RAW > Smackdown > Main Event > Superstars?
Friday's taping is their biggest show and I believe those main events air on Fox Sports.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

He's history's greatest monster heel!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Halloween Jack posted:

The Swamp Rabbit

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

NutShellBill posted:

Gerald Ford. Good match. Meltz gave it four snowflakes.

Bullshit. Ford was a botch machine.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Davros1 posted:

Bullshit. Ford was a botch machine.

Well he spent most of his career as a valet so

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
He was really just a belt pillow who got his title as a result of one of the worst blow offs of all time so it's no wonder the guy that beat him isn't revered as a great hero.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

And then his nice guy neutrality helped Reagan begin his title reign of terror. That one just killed the business in hindsight.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

His golf gimmick was awesome though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Ford was just another failed football player who got a big and undeserved push into the main event.