Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
GHOST QUARTERS ARCADE :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I hate that this is during my busiest month of the year...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Evolving Wilds is back!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

GOBLIN TOUR GUIDES!!! :allears:

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Pinwiz11 posted:

SCG just revealed the playmat for GP Orlando:

...I want to go to there.

I want to eat at The Thallid Bar and shop at Oblivion Bling!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Hedron Crab Shack
Feast of the Unicorn
:swoon:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

High Tide
Enjoy a leisurely Candelabra-lit meal. The famous Brain Freeze dessert is worth the wait.

:lol:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I can only assume this is SCG's way to tempt Luis Scott-Vargas to come work for them with all of these Magic puns.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

He actually worked for them before he started CFB back around Alara.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Didgeridoo: The Minotaur Music Store :)

This is loving incredible.

Edit: SHIVAN GORGE YOURSELF :allears:

Zephirum
Jan 7, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bugsy posted:

Eagerly awaiting dickbut.

Hopefully not too late.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm getting mad Disneyland Paris nostalgia.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

minusX posted:

Not exactly? These aren't in bumblefuck nowhere, these are pretty big cities. It's just that business is good for a few of them. There's some smaller stores too that do the backroom thing, don't get me wrong. Maybe I'll go around and take some pictures of all the setups the LGS have around here, I've been meaning to do some stuff to improve the local scene since I collected all the store's calendars and threw them into a linked Google Calendar... also one of the bigger ones (not the one pictured) is Super Games Inc, which MTG Price bothers to list as a price source so they are doing pretty well.

So, on doing more stuff with the local stores: I plan on going around and interviewing local game stores and get pictures of the stores and asking employees/players some questions about the stores. To get a good collection of places to hit up, I started making a map of LGS in Georgia: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z-PD-BUawcV4.kXxwj8dwAq4g The part where you goons come in is telling me what kinda of information you would want when you looked at a map. I'm assuming hours, store website, number, and calendar of events, but if some of those are useless or you want more infoz let me know what would be good. (Anyone is allowed to copy my idea too, getting info for the local community is great)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

minusX posted:

So, on doing more stuff with the local stores: I plan on going around and interviewing local game stores and get pictures of the stores and asking employees/players some questions about the stores. To get a good collection of places to hit up, I started making a map of LGS in Georgia: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z-PD-BUawcV4.kXxwj8dwAq4g The part where you goons come in is telling me what kinda of information you would want when you looked at a map. I'm assuming hours, store website, number, and calendar of events, but if some of those are useless or you want more infoz let me know what would be good. (Anyone is allowed to copy my idea too, getting info for the local community is great)

A picture of the inside so I can get a good idea of how many people are going to show up, along with "do they have singles for sale", "do they specialize in non-magic stuff and just run this on the side", and "is this a greasy goonlord basement"

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

VAULT OF WHISPERS IS IN MIRRODIN

MY IMMERSION
And Teetering Peaks is in Zendikar. So? This place has puns from all over.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
The Thallid Bar for Fun Guys (and gals) is my favorite.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Why was human added to Doomed Necromancer's creature type in the oracle reading/reprint?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Why was human added to Doomed Necromancer's creature type in the oracle reading/reprint?

At some point, Wizards went through a massive creature typing standardization. Part of that was giving everything a race and a class, so to speak, if something fit in both cases. Thus a lot of things that were just soldiers or clerics now also became humans since they were technically human.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Rinkles posted:

Before the creature type update, the human race didn't have a type, and human creatures were typed based on their role or class, but other races had types. So an elven scout was an Elf Scout, but a human scout was just a Scout. Eventually they decided it was odd that Human was the only race that didn't get a creature type, so they added it and retroactively made all creature cards that represent humans have the Human creature type.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Ramos posted:

At some point, Wizards went through a massive creature typing standardization. Part of that was giving everything a race and a class, so to speak, if something fit in both cases. Thus a lot of things that were just soldiers or clerics now also became humans since they were technically human.

The best result of this is Seton's Scout.

Centaur Druid > Centaur Druid Scout Archer. Weirdness abound in the heads of Wizards.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

They'd have run out of space in the original card design anyway.

Man, it'd be cool if Wizards just randomly reprinted an entire old set.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I'd be down for nu-Odyssey Block.

Cephalids, Squirrels, Flashback, Threshold and Madness. :toot:

\/\/: I had forgotten about that one. Certainly fits the flavor of the ard at least.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Nameless Race has the best creature type IMO.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Rinkles posted:

They'd have run out of space in the original card design anyway.

Man, it'd be cool if Wizards just randomly reprinted an entire old set.
Silver bordered, box usable as a cube box, "Draftback sets". Hire me Wizards (But don't keep asking me for ideas I'm kinda tapped now).

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Toshimo posted:

That's also a surprisingly playable creature for something non-modern.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

minusX posted:

(But don't keep asking me for ideas I'm kinda tapped now).

An entire set illustrated by Kev Walker. Or maybe Brom. (Avon can get land duty).

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Re-use the "lost set" gimmick from Coldsnap, but for a better take on Kamigawa.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Gensuki posted:

That's also a surprisingly playable creature for something non-modern.

:confused:

Are you reading a different Nameless Race from me?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

He probably skipped the white card clause, yeah?

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Toshimo posted:

Man, I like Quinton Hoover for the most part, but what a wasted opportunity for better art.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Chainsawdomy posted:

Man, I like Quinton Hoover for the most part, but what a wasted opportunity for better art.

It's better if you imagine that the guy is making air quotes.

Yeah, I'm a member of the :airquote:nameless race:airquote:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Mortimer posted:

Awesome that's what I thought.

The more important question is what is modern affinity going to cut for ensoul artifact?

I think it might get played in Thoughtcast variants. I run a 4x Galvanic Blast 3x Shrapnel Blast ultra-fast version which doesn't have room for this, but I can see turning a Springleaf Drum into a 5/5 as a viable line of play. Or just make your Ornithopters huge :downs:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Chainsawdomy posted:

Eh, it amuses me that it's literally Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender

Yes, I know that The Dark came out long before Avatar

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

He probably skipped the white card clause, yeah?

YUP! Wow, nevermind. 4 mana and X life for an X/X with no evasion or protection is pretty reasonable... I guess as a side board, it can reasonably be expected to be a 4 mana 6/6 that hits you for 6? This seems like Black's version of Wood Elemental...

I want a cycle of bad cards with steep, silly costs for X/X creatures

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Gensuki posted:

YUP! Wow, nevermind. 4 mana and X life for an X/X with no evasion or protection is pretty reasonable... I guess as a side board, it can reasonably be expected to be a 4 mana 6/6 that hits you for 6? This seems like Black's version of Wood Elemental...

Plains aren't white permanents.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Gensuki posted:

Eventually they'll complete the mega-cycle, like they did with Sword of Fire and Ice/Light and Shadow.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
...I know Travis Woo's a bit of a hack, but come on. "Modern Negative Life Gain Combo" when it's really just the Ad Naseum Tendrils deck but replace tendrils for Death's Shadow and Fling. Really?

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

legoman727 posted:

...I know Travis Woo's a bit of a hack, but come on. "Modern Negative Life Gain Combo" when it's really just the Ad Naseum Tendrils deck but replace tendrils for Death's Shadow and Fling. Really?
gotta stay relevant brah, gotta be a master brewer

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
That izzet blitz deck from last year's super standard was pretty fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I just pretend Travis Woo doesn't exist since I don't like basically anything of what I know about him.

• Locked thread