Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Doom will most certainly come into play when it's time to deal with the Mapmakers. Or maybe it'll be revealed that he already took care of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Doom will most certainly come into play when it's time to deal with the Mapmakers. Or maybe it'll be revealed that he already took care of them.

Is Death cool with what's going on? How about Galactus?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sithsaber posted:

Is Death cool with what's going on? How about Galactus?

Galactus is currently stuck in the negative zone I think. No idea about Death.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

hope and vaseline posted:

That's a good point. Arguing about power levels for the sake of comic book consistency isn't a very interesting thing to do

it's even sillier in the (super common) Superman vs Hulk case because Supes and his derivatives have so much other stuff over the Hulk that there's no reason they have to fist-fight.

These fights should end when Supes/Supes analog just drops Hulk/Hulk analog off in space, at which point the Hulk couldn't do anything other than float around and scowl. The reason they don't is probably that artists point out that it would be a boring thing to draw. This is fine, but it illustrates that there's no reason whatsoever to try and be ~realistic or even ~consistent about strength levels. These conflicts will almost always have some other, more arbitrary solution and will be dictated instead by the needs of the narrative.

otherwise I thought the Illuminati did fine in this.
Hank and Reed don't really scale in this kind of brawl in the first place, and I'd expect Iron Man to get clowned by the Flash, but Bolt, Namor and the Panther seemed able to stalemate their opponents at least.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

PupsOfWar posted:

These fights should end when Supes/Supes analog just drops Hulk/Hulk analog off in space, at which point the Hulk couldn't do anything other than float around and scowl.

The Hulk would just get so angry that he could punch against empty space.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

PupsOfWar posted:

it's even sillier in the (super common) Superman vs Hulk case because Supes and his derivatives have so much other stuff over the Hulk that there's no reason they have to fist-fight.

These fights should end when Supes/Supes analog just drops Hulk/Hulk analog off in space, at which point the Hulk couldn't do anything other than float around and scowl. The reason they don't is probably that artists point out that it would be a boring thing to draw. This is fine, but it illustrates that there's no reason whatsoever to try and be ~realistic or even ~consistent about strength levels. These conflicts will almost always have some other, more arbitrary solution and will be dictated instead by the needs of the narrative.

That doesn't work with Hulk, Hulk can propel himself through space by being mad. I poo poo you not that has happened. Thrown into space on a trajectory so he wouldn't hit anything, got mad enough to turn the gently caress around. Hulk isn't strong, Hulk warps reality wielding the power of being pissed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Galactus is currently stuck in the negative zone I think. No idea about Death.

And when he wasn't he actually was fixing things himself by just devouring Earth during an incursion.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
How loving great would it be that after Cataclysm, the Ultimate earth just gets blown up by the Illuminati?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WickedHate posted:

The Hulk would just get so angry that he could punch against empty space.
Sounds like a good way to alter reality.

SirDan3k posted:

That doesn't work with Hulk, Hulk can propel himself through space by being mad. I poo poo you not that has happened. Thrown into space on a trajectory so he wouldn't hit anything, got mad enough to turn the gently caress around. Hulk isn't strong, Hulk warps reality wielding the power of being pissed.
And there you go.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Remember that the idea that Bruce Banner's dad could be floating around as a ghost pissed Hulk off so much that he gave himself ghost vision just in case. Not that there was a ghost poltergeisting his poo poo, the idea of a ghost maybe possibly being there made him that mad.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
He also developed the ability to punch ghosts. Punch. Ghosts.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SirDan3k posted:

He also developed the ability to punch ghosts. Punch. Ghosts.

Moon Knight can do that too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

And when he wasn't he actually was fixing things himself by just devouring Earth during an incursion.

That was a different one (referred as Galaktus).

Senor Candle posted:

How loving great would it be that after Cataclysm, the Ultimate earth just gets blown up by the Illuminati?

From today's Miles Morales

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No, it was 616 Galactus in Cataclysm.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I totally missed that! I guess I assumed it was just crazy rambling and glazed over it.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wasn't there a similar panel to this early in USM's run that was also referencing an event happening in 616? (God I've got to catch up to that book)

Also how does that drat sash stay on Ms Marvel's costume

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ultimate Spider Man has a running gag of people in 616 outfits rambling about the current event/major storyline.

Also how does that drat sash stay on Ms Marvel's costume

Better then the wig.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Senor Candle posted:

No, it was 616 Galactus in Cataclysm.

No. The Galactus he's referring is the one on NA#4 who had Terrax as his herald. That's not 616's Galactus.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No. The Galactus he's referring is the one on NA#4 who had Terrax as his herald. That's not 616's Galactus.

Ah I misunderstood that post. You're right!

horsepeen
Sep 21, 2010

Christian Financial Adviser

WickedHate posted:

Ultimate Spider Man has a running gag of people in 616 outfits rambling about the current event/major storyline.

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/83174875181/running-gag-in-ultimate-spider-man-and-any-scene

My favorite one is fat Nova.

VVV HA, also great.

horsepeen fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 2, 2014

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I prefer the guy in the Rocket Raccoon fursuit.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

When Kingpin's goons try to kill Moon Knight, one of them brags about killing a super hero and the other guy says it ain't no Captain America.

Cap 25, where Cap is killed, was released the week before.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

AV Club has a preview of the next issue of Avengers, with a guest star Hickman is very familiar with.

http://www.avclub.com/article/exclusive-marvel-preview-travel-5045-years-marvels-206532

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

AV Club has a preview of the next issue of Avengers, with a guest star Hickman is very familiar with.

http://www.avclub.com/article/exclusive-marvel-preview-travel-5045-years-marvels-206532

Oh gently caress yes.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
UNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
I can't loving wait.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Hickman, pls make Future Franklin a member of the avengers k bye

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hickman, pls make Future Franklin a member of the avengers k bye

Actually, have Starbrand join the FF so he can hang with young Franklin and they can go off in adventures where they're always over-qualified to deal with so they just have fun and learn about poo poo.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Here's hoping future Franklin is not the bad guy. Comedy option is this is the Beyonder's game as the last thread to pick up from the Illuminati mini. He's actually stuck in a bathroom and the whole world smashing poo poo is so he can find the same Peter Parker who guided him through his ordeal the last time.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
Oh god Hickman is going to kill Franklin with the eye bomb isn't he?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Didn't Franklin send back the Iron (Wo)Man/Rhodey that gave Tony some future information too?

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
A Franklin solo series would work best if it was used to expand the FF mythos and add another dimension to Marvel's cosmic shenanigans. Unfortunately his character won't be going anywhere so long as Disney doesn't completely own the franchise.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Sithsaber posted:

A Franklin solo series would work best if it was used to expand the FF mythos and add another dimension to Marvel's cosmic shenanigans. Unfortunately his character won't be going anywhere so long as Disney doesn't completely own the franchise.

Ahahahahaha.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
While it's always been convenient and easy to show "this dude means business" by having him beat the Hulk silly, you'd think that if a bunch of geniuses wanted to destroy a planet, that they'd keep around Hulk the Worldbreaker. If it's the case that the Hulk is holding back because he's truly reluctant to be the monster that kills an Earth, it's sort of poetic that it's Bruce really struggling with the question of the Illuminati's humanity (used loosely), even going as far to put a chip in his brain to control the Hulk, while Namor and Strange just kind of throw themselves into becoming the monsters.

Also just noticed for the first time that the Sphinx on Earth-4,290,001 (Great Society's Earth) has Apocalypse's face on it.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Remember that the idea that Bruce Banner's dad could be floating around as a ghost pissed Hulk off so much that he gave himself ghost vision just in case. Not that there was a ghost poltergeisting his poo poo, the idea of a ghost maybe possibly being there made him that mad.

I always wondered how the Hulk could inexplicably see astral forms. :ms:

Sithsaber posted:

:frogout:

Four Score fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 4, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wait is that actually how the Hulk has Astral Vision? Also I always loved the ability to know exactly where the bomb site was, always thought that was a neat power.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Mr. Maltose posted:

Ahahahahaha.

What's the problem? I always like him (in both incarnations) when he gets the focus in FF/Future Foundation and I'd like it if he got a solo series. As far as I know he only gets crucial in the event books/culmination of arcs. Did I miss something?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Disney gives no fucks about comics unless they're turning them into films actively. No one is cancelling Fantastic Four because THE ENEMY has the film rights.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Mr. Maltose posted:

Disney gives no fucks about comics unless they're turning them into films actively. No one is cancelling Fantastic Four because THE ENEMY has the film rights.

I didn't say cancel, I just assumed FF and it's legacy characters would remain unemphasized. Let's not also forget that Franklin is a legacy character, and clegacy characters tend to fall by the wayside once they've served their purpose in story.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

goldenoreos posted:

Oh god Hickman is going to kill Franklin with the eye bomb isn't he?

Not a chance. The bomb is probably for Tony.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not a chance. The bomb is probably for Tony.

Don't they have Tony? They don't need the bomb if they can just kill him there.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Aphrodite posted:

Don't they have Tony? They don't need the bomb if they can just kill him there.

what? no he means the bomb ultron put inside caps head in the future, after tony got sent back to the present.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jsoh posted:

what? no he means the bomb ultron put inside caps head in the future, after tony got sent back to the present.

Yeah, I couldn't remember where Tony is. I thought he was in the bubble with Thor and the others,

• Locked thread