Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
in a just world, beast souls would be a Wii U exclusive because oh my god can you imagine the tidal wave of angry nerds, angrily buying wii us while cursing nintendo eternally, never playing any other wii u games out of bitter spite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Excels posted:

in a just world, beast souls would be a Wii U exclusive because oh my god can you imagine the tidal wave of angry nerds, angrily buying wii us while cursing nintendo eternally, never playing any other wii u games out of bitter spite.

Isn't that kinda what happened with RE?4

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Isn't that kinda what happened with RE?4

I thought everybody just bought the PS2 version because Capcom announced it several months before the Gamecube version launched. Even though the PS2 version ran like poo poo.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
yeah, but dark souls fans are like lv99 Sperglords who would collectively lose their fuckin minds

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Mercury Crusader posted:

I thought everybody just bought the PS2 version because Capcom announced it several months before the Gamecube version launched. Even though the PS2 version ran like poo poo.

Oh yeah, you might be right.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Borderlands and Dark Souls however are both incredibly successful original IPs from the last 5 years that have appeared on every major platform except Nintendo's so I dunno if this post is very convincing.
not really with dark souls, i mean the souls series is just the spiritual continuation of the old playstation series kings field which From software also made

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fulchrum posted:

WiiU owners defending the console at all costs, especially coherency and dignity.

Also, Transistor is apparently a remake of Bastion, which is news to a lot of us.

Octodad. Towerfall Ascension. Mercenary Kings. Don't Starve. Resogun. Transistor.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How do you get the eshop credit? I've bought a number of games and don't have a single credit.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Fulchrum posted:

So do you know any comebacks other than "I know you are, but what am I"?

Octodad. Towerfall Ascension. Mercenary Kings. Don't Starve. Resogun. Transistor.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Fulchrum posted:

I was unaware that 1990 was less than 20 years earlier than 2014. Must be that Nintendo math that makes 3 rehashes equal ten games worth the price of admission.

There's promo art put out by Rare of Banjo and Kazooie with the characters from Viva Pinata and Killer Instinct. We gonna claim those are the same games?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Fulchrum posted:

You are aware this isn't supposed to be the WiiU hugbox, right? Just cause a bunch of children who can't stand the idea of anyone saying mean things about the WiiU have forcibly derailed this thing, that doesn't change the original point.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Fulchrum posted:

And its even clearer no third party will under any circumstances whatsoever.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

i played octodad on a pc and then played it on a ps4. how.....HOW

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Mercury Crusader posted:

The PS2 version was poo poo so everybody in uni got it for gamecube. The PS2 version was all prerendered lowres cutscenes too, instead of your business suit or whatever you had equipped.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Excels posted:

yeah, but dark souls fans are like lv99 Sperglords who would collectively lose their fuckin minds

They are already losing their poo poo over it being PS4 exclusive.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

How do you get the eshop credit? I've bought a number of games and don't have a single credit.

Looking here? https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

The points can take a day or two to show up. If it's been longer than that I'm not sure. It only works for purchases made from a Wii U Deluxe version.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
p dot nintendo dot net

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Suspicious Dish posted:

p dot nintendo dot net

Yeah, it's weird. :shrug:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

What is this thread? Wii U comedy thread?

lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Weird, I thought Transistor would be above Don't Starve.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Looking here? https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

The points can take a day or two to show up. If it's been longer than that I'm not sure. It only works for purchases made from a Wii U Deluxe version.

Oh, I see. This is for buying un-resellable crap. Yeah, no. I buy disks.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Suspicious Dish posted:

p dot nintendo dot net

It's ddp.Nintendo.com (Digital Deluxe Promotion) but redirects to p.nintendo.net for no particular reason :iiam:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh, I see. This is for buying un-resellable crap. Yeah, no. I buy disks.

I'm pretty sure crap is a physical item, if you take a look around I'm sure you will see tons of it in plastic form.

I said come in! posted:

They are already losing their poo poo over it being PS4 exclusive.

The great thing about DS2 being pretty blah is not caring about the next game being exclusive!

Zyste
Jan 8, 2002

"Do you want this back?"

Chronojam posted:

The PS2 version was poo poo so everybody in uni got it for gamecube. The PS2 version was all prerendered lowres cutscenes too, instead of your business suit or whatever you had equipped.

And then everybody just repurchased it for the Wii(I know I did) ...'cause. God drat.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I kinda want Mirrors Edge 2 and couldn't give a poo poo about battlefield but I have a feeling they're going to gently caress it up with guns.

Then again if it has guns it could be a great Phantom 2040 simulator.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
You might think the Wii U is good but did you know the PlayStation 4 has Ouya games? ha ha mother fuckers

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
People are gonna throw down 60 bones to play Kingdom Hearts 3 though on the PS4 day one still. Let's not kid ourselves here, right now all their devs have poo poo lined up for 2015 too.

the console wars have not even begun.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Does anyone realize almost all games are pretty drat similar to other ones and Nintendo isn't the only company guilty of it or is it just me because it seems like a lot of people are huge idiots about that kind of thing. You would think all the other game consoles besides the Wii U have brand new genres being created for them nonstop going by how most of these morons act. If you changed Mario to a guy with a beard and named it Laser Beam but kept everything the same everyone would say FINALLY A BRAND NEW GAME FROM NINTENDO

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

People are gonna throw down 60 bones to play Kingdom Hearts 3 though on the PS4 day one still. Let's not kid ourselves here, right now all their devs have poo poo lined up for 2015 too.

the console wars have not even begun.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is never actually happening though. You might have well said The Last Guardian or Santa's Golden Egg Laying Cockatrice or something.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Kingdom Hearts 3 is never actually happening though. You might have well said The Last Guardian or Santa's Golden Egg Laying Cockatrice or something.

But square allocated a shitload of money to it already it's coming out before Final Fantasy 15.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

But square allocated a shitload of money to it already it's coming out before Final Fantasy 15.

Keep saying that but I wouldn't actually count on it until they say the release copies have been printed.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
All the haters are just jelly about Captain Toad.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Waltzing Along posted:

All the haters are just jelly about Captain Toad.

It has a guy from a different game in it so it's been made three hundred times already. Toad was already in Mario 2. Game sux

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I really should have waited to get the deluxe, I picked up my basic for $200 and then heard about the $200 deluxe refurbs not even a month later. :saddowns:

MK8 is pretty sweet :v:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The Wii u is really good.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The Wii u is really good.

*snort* I think you'll find this graph says otherwise.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Finally

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
gently caress luigi.... this is the year of octodad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fulchrum posted:

Well, I could point out you're comparing the peak results of the Dreamcasts established hardware versus the new hardware of the Ps2, but I was talking more in terms of gameplay. The Ps2 was when games made the true transition from an attempted emulation of the console experience to a more fully realised idea of console games as an experience meant not just to amuse, but to really sink ones teeth into. Lets compare the way the two consoles approached puzzle games. The Dreamcast gives us Chu Chu Rocket - colourful, simple, cartoony. Gaming equivalent of candy. The Ps2 gives us Ico. Artistic, hauntingly beautiful, impactful in the way no game before it could have been. Gamings ambrosia.

i finally sat down and read this post and holy loving poo poo lmao

• Locked thread