Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

coleman francis posted:

HD can stick a jpeg up its butt, it looks fine.
Seconding this sentiment. It looks and sounds just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Niggurath posted:

Now my main concern is that I'm actually recording straight from a Wii this time around and I'm worried that with it not being real HD, that it might look a bit ummmm bad?

If you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have noticed, so I'd say it looks ok. Looking forward to it.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

So it's time to finish up another blistering and heart pounding chapter in Disaster as Ray heads towards the SURGE HQ in Bainesville. But does sanctuary lie in wait for Ray at the church, or is it a case of 'going to the chapel, going to get buried'?

Also thanks for the kind words and feedback on the Wii footage; it's sometimes hard for me to really get a good eye on it since I look at it so much.

Finally, we have a special bonus from Geop regarding his feelings about the game:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

In this video, I yell at a video game. Also:

:frogsiren: AQUATIC AMBUSHES! :frogsiren:

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
An update that left even Geop punless at the end? Now I've seen everything. :allears:

Dear lord though, I remember where I've seen Ray's wading animation before.

THE STRUT.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Well, that went swimmingly. :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ray should have headbutted that window but I guess he's such a badass that his legs can completely ignore water resistance.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Mr. Soop posted:

Dear lord though, I remember where I've seen Ray's wading animation before.

THE STRUT.

I actually went "ITS THE STRUT!" out loud when I got to that part.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Niggurath posted:

Finally, we have a special bonus from Geop regarding his feelings about the game:

That entire end section was more than I could have ever hoped for. I'm trying to imagine what's-his-name swooping in silently, dangling from a helicopter, and plucking Lisa out of the water like a bird.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Ray is the worst at rescues. I'm going to just believe that these merc dudes won't save some children and just murder them later though. Kind of shocked at so many major characters dying without Ray's intervention though.

Ray killed 23 more people (I am counting KOing that dude in chest-deep water and just leaving him as a death because that's pretty loving brutal) and did 1 rad looking underwater dropkick this time.
361 dead, 40.5 people rescued, 1 guy dropkicked, and 1 window karate kicked. I can only hope in the next 4 levels the body count just skyrockets and Ray runs around with the gatling gun and no shirt.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Well we have a gatling gun and a frogsuit. I mean, would that work instead?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Geop posted:

Does the frog suit help in the swimming sections? This is sort of a Nintendo game, after all.

What I'm saying is that Ray should put on a Tanooki Suit and sink to the bottom of the ocean as a stone.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Suspicious Cook posted:

Does the frog suit help in the swimming sections? This is sort of a Nintendo game, after all.

What I'm saying is that Ray should put on a Tanooki Suit and sink to the bottom of the ocean as a stone.
You are correct; the frog suit will allow you to stay underwater indefinitely....ya know, for the three places where you go underwater in the game. Most of the benefit of the frog suit is just from seeing Ray's junk and not losing more stamina in cold environments.

Geop posted:

Hey, I'm glad you reminded me of that because I did make a short bonus video to show why the shooting ranges are dull to show off (though this one is the best way to grind out gun points...which I may or may not have done): Gatling Gun Happy Fun Times Shooting Range Blowout!

edit: I also apologize if the song is too loud; my eyes and ears are both poo-poo.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 3, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

lmao, I don't even know anymore

But I'm very happy to eventually see the rescue gatling :allears:

E: oh wow, talk about timing

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 3, 2014

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
All I can say about the end of that vid is:

Great work Ray.

Great.

Work.

Seriously, that was loving great, I cannot believe I forgot all about that and Geop's reaction was just perfect. I did love that extra detail of drowning underwater whilst taking cover though, that was good continuity :v:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

This crossover between Metal Gear Solid and the Weather Channel just keeps getting more loving magical.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I don't see how it's Ray's fault that rear end in a top hat was dangling underwater from a helicopter so he could kidnap Lisa again. Yeah, he ran into a couple guys hiding underwater to ambush him, but that guy is on a whole other level of unexpected bullshit.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Ray must be drowning in guilt right now.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I knew I was waiting for something good but I didn't expect it to be this good.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I don't get it, he saved her.

Job done.

Did he say he'd save her every time?

Not his fault she was taken again.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Niggurath posted:

Hey, I'm glad you reminded me of that because I did make a short bonus video to show why the shooting ranges are dull to show off (though this one is the best way to grind out gun points...which I may or may not have done): Gatling Gun Happy Fun Times Shooting Range Blowout!

What's the choice of music there? It makes the whole gunning down everything like a madman strangely calming.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Speaking of music, I love that there's pretty much only one theme for all the big action scenes, because it somehow manages to fit every single one of them.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
There's only one way to explain my feelings about Ray at this point.

:magical:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Samovar posted:

What's the choice of music there? It makes the whole gunning down everything like a madman strangely calming.
It's the former bassist for Canadian political punk band 'Propagandhi' who left the band to form a more mellow sounding band called 'The Weakerthans'. He also he a bit of solo work in between all that and really I just love how he crafts words into thoughts and because I'm a sad lil' man.

Here's another good example of his stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRn1m0VUeps (there's a certain search for certainty that I doubt we'll ever meet)

grancheater posted:

I knew I was waiting for something good but I didn't expect it to be this good.

You're still an amazing man with your gifs, gran.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I am truly swept away by Ray's incompetence. I can't escape this sinking feeling every time I watch a new update that he's going to plunge to new depths of failure, but then the tide comes in and he proves how much of a washout he really is yet again. Even if he were to pool together all of his resources at this point, it still wouldn't save him from the undertow of his failure. If the man had any well of decency left in him, he'd just go ahead and give up and let that riptide drag him out into the ocean of oblivion once and for all.

That's my thoughts on this current development, anyway.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

In fairness to our hero, Surviving Antagonist is a camp Spetsnaz ninja, able to whoosh down in that tiny gap between Ray swimming out of the church and looking back.

With regards to the complaints about Ray's flailing in waist deep water - you do kind of have to hold your arms out like an idiot just to not overbalance when wading like that. I mean, not swimming through air maybe, but still.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Considering his outlook on life and his VA I keep expecting our remaining antagonist to whip out Rebellion at some point.

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008
I couldn't help but envision a sequel where, inspired by her rescue by Ray, Noriko the dog becomes the new protagonist.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Mortal Sword posted:

I couldn't help but envision a sequel where, inspired by her rescue by Ray, Noriko the dog becomes the new protagonist.

You're a genius.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Dogsaster :allears:

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Mortal Sword posted:

I can't tell if Noriko is trying to dress up like Ray or if looking like shadow the hedgehog is just some sort of cross-species disease

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Panzer Skank posted:

I can't tell if Noriko is trying to dress up like Ray or if looking like shadow the hedgehog is just some sort of cross-species disease

The hair is an alien parasite that slowly devours the host's brain.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Geop posted:

Dogsaster :allears:

Caninestrophe.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Clearly, Noriko has been called on to deal with the muttfortunes and tradoggies of an all-out cur-taclysm. :v:

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
It's up to her to stop the apupcalypse.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

These portmanteaus are just doggone crazy. I'd be barking up the wrong tree if I tried to come up with some of my own, since my creative skills are pretty much shih tzu.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Fan-freaking-tastic, we're left with the looney.

I suppose that saves there having to be any big moral struggle at the end, at least.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Glazius posted:

Fan-freaking-tastic, we're left with the looney.

I suppose that saves there having to be any big moral struggle at the end, at least.

Ah, you knew he was gonna be the last one standing for Ray to have to Die Hard his way through. At least the Colonel did us a favor and took out Wakka first.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Disaster: Day of Crises is what you would get if you turned a man with a very annoying voice who is constantly pointing at you and shouting "NOTHING YOU DO MATTERS HAHAHAHAHA NEENER NEENER" over and over again into a videogame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Hey look, we've finally gotten into new territory! And it's brimming with debris and innuendo and lasers. It's all pretty exciting and I know absolutely no one has been waiting to see it.

• Locked thread