Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

ZeeBoi posted:

Sorry if this was already posted but I've been away from the Internet for a few days and came across this today:

There's a North Korean commenter? I gotta see what that guy has to say.

Jackard posted:

Amazing, I have to see the responses

Yes, I need to read the other comments for this one as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Alpacalips Now posted:

We're a bunch of sheeple too busy braying about the Hobby Lobby ruling to understand this country's REAL health issue. Think of the men who have a little bit of skin removed from their penises. They're the ones truly suffering here.

Is dickchat still going on? No? Let's restart it then: I had to get a medical circumcision last year so yeah it can be a medical procedure rather than a cosmetic one, and I say this as someone who wholly believes circumcising kids is pretty awful.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Ninjasaurus posted:

There's a North Korean commenter? I gotta see what that guy has to say.

Yes, I need to read the other comments for this one as well.

That was the only one.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Women can't figure out something as complicated as a version of Magic that someone with brain trauma could manage.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

That organisation reversed their position on their male-only rule

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Not only are chess tournaments open to men and women, but the top-ranked woman in the world has never participated in a womens' tournament.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I'm not sure if it was in here or not, but that "The Slut Next Door" page on facebook apparently got taken down

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

you are the idiot for having it removed! :v:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

you are the idiot for having it removed! :v:

I know
:negative:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Isn't that Karla Homolka's ex-husband? The couple that raped and murdered their way around Canada, starting with Karla's little sister? The couple about whom a movie so terrible was made that the actors felt abused and traumatized and had to get a restraining order against the director because he clearly got off on the whole thing? So bad that the star, Misha Collins, personally apologized to Bernardo's only surviving victim when the film came out, and urges people not to see it whenever the subject comes up?

Christ.

Who's the idiot? The woman marrying the bastard?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I think it's kind of dumb to say he "charmed and manipulated" a woman into "planning" to marry him. some people just really like psychopaths?? :confused: who's to say she isn't entirely aware he's a dangerous loving degenerate? maybe she wants that

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Excels posted:

I think it's kind of dumb to say he "charmed and manipulated" a woman into "planning" to marry him. some people just really like psychopaths?? :confused: who's to say she isn't entirely aware he's a dangerous loving degenerate? maybe she wants that

I kind of feel like she's to say, like the part where she says that he's a very kind, nice christian man.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

PUGGERNAUT has a new favorite as of 23:55 on Aug 22, 2014

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Human fetuses are a vulnerable/endangered species now?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I've seen that picture pop up on my fb several times now and I honestly hope that bitch gets eaten by a lion.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

DrNutt posted:

I've seen that picture pop up on my fb several times now and I honestly hope that bitch gets eaten by a lion.

I don't know the whole story but still she pisses me off because if she could afford to fly to Africa to kill lions to feed the hungry then she could have just shipped a bunch of steaks over instead or even better donated some chickens so the poor could have had eggs. None of this has anything to do with fetuses though.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

so many widowed lionesses.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Big game hunting does help conservation efforts, but drat does she have to grin like a loving psychopath?

I've heard that the rhino was darted and not actually shot.

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013
The only thing that can stop a white girl with a gun is a tumblr post of a man taking up slightly more than 1 seat on a bus.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

I really hope it was darted and not shot.
I don't see the point in killing an endangered species like that. gently caress just send over some crates of food or hunt some gazelle instead; use its meat. It doesn't help that my favourite animals include lions.

The relation of that to abortion though is just truly bizarre. I can't wait for the day when my rights on whether or not to reproduce are held uncontested over a packet of cells with the potential to become a person. These people never consider what happens to those unwanted children. I'd be a loving horrible parent for one, and there's enough people on this planet as is.

It really makes me genuinely sad that people think in this way. I guess it's a little bit of a rude shock to read such candid representations of those kinds of views. No one on my feed says stuff like this and none of my friends think like this. I know the views are out there but it's just so weird to see them so unabashed.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Krispy Kareem posted:

Big game hunting does help conservation efforts

Wait, what?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Supposedly, the amount of money raised through 'legitimate' big game hunting has done more for conservation than other fund raising means. No clue if there's anything substantial to that, though.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

poptart_fairy posted:

Supposedly, the amount of money raised through 'legitimate' big game hunting has done more for conservation than other fund raising means. No clue if there's anything substantial to that, though.

I can't find any sources for this, unless part of "legitimate big game hunting" (not a real thing in the first place) is "you get to hunt poachers."

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

13Pandora13 posted:

Wait, what?

You charge white people a lot of money to hunt endangered animals that are old or past breeding age. That money is then used to help fund the refuges. It sounds terrible and it attracts some pretty vile people (i.e. the CEO of GoDaddy and this little chipper lady). But at the end of the day it does benefit the animal population as a whole.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
A guy on my Facebook posted that hearthstone article as well, disgusted with it. Overall there was good conversation condemning it between men and women, then this loving lunatic comes out of nowhere saying feminism is bullshit, why do we campaign against female genital mutilation but not circumcision, miss dry, gender inequalities don't exist, etc. I don't doubt hes some redditor/red pull enthusiast.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

One of these days people need to figure out that female circumcision is the equivalent to chopping off the entire head of the penis, with slightly less blood loss.

uglynoodles posted:

I don't see the point in killing an endangered species like that.

It's greed, self-importance, and ego. Trophy hunting rare animals is the ultimate selfish, egotistical "sport".

If she really cared about helping the hungry, as was said, she'd be hunting cattle and goats, or even better, providing living animals so these people can a self-sustaining life and maybe even start a business.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Why wouldn't a woman want a more lethal partner? :v:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/21/who-study-forty-percent-of-murdered-women-killed-by-their-partners

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

uglynoodles posted:

I don't see the point in killing an endangered species like that. gently caress just send over some crates of food or hunt some gazelle instead; use its meat. It doesn't help that my favourite animals include lions.

The relation of that to abortion though is just truly bizarre. I can't wait for the day when my rights on whether or not to reproduce are held uncontested over a packet of cells with the potential to become a person. These people never consider what happens to those unwanted children. I'd be a loving horrible parent for one, and there's enough people on this planet as is.

It really makes me genuinely sad that people think in this way. I guess it's a little bit of a rude shock to read such candid representations of those kinds of views. No one on my feed says stuff like this and none of my friends think like this. I know the views are out there but it's just so weird to see them so unabashed.

Yeah, I've heard meat from a carnivore is pretty awful, because they just eat other meat. I think it's fattier or bitter or something. I think they also have higher levels of heavy metals and other toxins. I've never tried meat from a lion or bear, so I have no idea if it's true. But I guess taking photos with a bunch of dead deer isn't as awesome as a dead lion or endangered rhino.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

uglynoodles posted:

The relation of that to abortion though is just truly bizarre.

People like that don't give a gently caress about any other life in comparison to the unborn and will make sure to let you know as obnoxiously as possible at every conceivable opportunity. As far as they're concerned, if you don't make outlawing abortion your number one priority, you're an evil sack of poo poo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

uglynoodles posted:

Matt Walsh is bullshit and runs a terrible blog that several of my friends from growing up share around like it's making some profound statement.

Obsolete
Jun 1, 2000

A friend(?) of mine posted that same dumb loving Matt Walsh article. There's one paragraph I actually agree with:

"It’s utterly bizarre. If I was a space alien I’d be so completely confounded by it all that I’d probably cancel my plans to enslave the human race, thinking that something in Earth’s water supply must be driving its lifeforms insane."

To be fair, it's probably not for the reasons he intended.

tviolet
May 20, 2004

O_O

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The adorable thing is, that's not even close to the worst poo poo he's said in the last year.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

I'm not seeing what the big deal is, coming from him. It's his job to be outrageous and say things like that. That's why he's on Sirius XM and not AM/FM.

And if the story is true, the woman really shouldn't be walking around NYC if she doesn't want to be in any random photos.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

Sorry if this was already posted but I've been away from the Internet for a few days and came across this today:

This is the least terrible OKComrade profile that I've ever seen. Good for her.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

into the void posted:

I've never tried meat from a bear

I've had bear and it was really very good.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

13Pandora13 posted:

Wait, what?

Park rangers usually have to cull some animals out of the herds they protect every year. Sometimes it's just one that's too aggressive and is injuring others, another could be too old or sterile and is preventing others from breeding properly, etc. The park rangers are going to kill them any way, why not auction off who gets to shoot the bullet in order to ensure another year of funding that the government won't? It's a way to try to prevent some of the rangers from selling out to poachers and allowing them to come in and just butcher animals.

Yeah, the people who shoot the animals are pretty messed up for doing trophy hunting. Their money legitimately helps these species chance at surviving a little longer though, and unless someone else is going to step in and ensure these animals' safety there's nothing else we can do.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Wizard of Smart posted:

I've had bear and it was really very good.

Fair enough. How was it compared to herbivore meat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

into the void posted:

Fair enough. How was it compared to herbivore meat?

I've had it as well. It was very savory, more so than most beef I've had.

• Locked thread