Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

So will this DLC include Scandinavian minors or just PACT minors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Pact only. The DLC2 is Scandi + new campaign.

The final campaign for RD is going to allow players to finally sperg out with top-tier units in a campaign setting. You couldnt do that in ALB, and barely could in W:EE. RD's final campaign will be the most modern-equipped forces available fighting each other. M1A2's, Rafales, T72BU's etc. Its gonna be wild.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Observation: Destruction Botes is a dumb gamemode, don't do that.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Targeting boat blobs with smerches is hilarious though. Too bad you don't get credit for boat explosion chain reactions.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

The T-72 Moderna is goddamn glorious, it just looks so powerful.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
I'll laugh pretty hard if the best PACT tank is Czech. Not cause it can't be or anything (it indeed seems awesome), but the sheer hilarity of that situation.

At 165 I'm expecting the same ROF as the other 72s at 8, but 22-23 AP and 55%+ accuracy, given it has an entirely new FCS with thermals and the like.

Also, the 20mms on the M1 had independent sighting that allowed the gunner/commander to both operate them, allowing simultaneous engagements. I doubt the 30mm is any different, so it better drat well be modeled and not part of the gun barrel like the 30Bs.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 2, 2014

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

There's actually a total accuracy revision in the works for ALL top-end tanks. Expect an extra 10% on top of that 55% :getin:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mazz posted:

At 165 I'm expecting the same ROF as the other 72s at 8, but 22-23 AP and 55%+ accuracy, given it has an entirely new FCS with thermals and the like.

Apparently the rebalancing is a ROF boost to mediums. There are no major re-prices :negative:.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Apparently the rebalancing is a ROF boost to mediums. There are no major re-prices :negative:.

You better be trolling.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Arglebargle III posted:

You better be trolling.

He's just wrong :(

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Eh they'll probably change a buch of stats, and a handful of price changes based on new stats without really fixing the price curve problem at all. It should at least change things up a bit.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

If this means what I hope it means, and rangers get stepped up to a real infantry unit, I will definitely be playing again. God I really hope its not just another recon infantry, even with a Dragon II.

This is looking pretty drat interesting none the less.

Also,

I will say one thing, I was pretty sure that even if I didn't like RD that much right now, Eugen has shown the last 2 games that'll shake things up pretty good every big patch. If you look back at ALB you'll remember the BMP-3 wasn't even any good till like patch 5.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jul 3, 2014

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Mazz posted:

If this means what I hope it means, and rangers get stepped up to a real infantry unit, I will definitely be playing again. God I really hope its not just another recon infantry, even with a Dragon II.

Also,

I will say one thing, I was pretty sure that even if I didn't like RD that much right now, Eugen has shown the last 2 games that'll shake things up pretty good every big patch. If you look back at ALB you'll remember the BMP-3 wasn't even any good till like patch 5.

lol @ dismounted cav scouts, they should either be LRS or cav scouts whose only transport is Humvees, Sheridans, ACAVs, or Bradleys.

I bet Rangers stay as recon inf and those dudes end up being US snipers (US doesn't have sniper-equipped infantry at all, does it?)

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Mazz posted:

It's mountaineers being re-rolled into a 5man recon team with an atgm.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Shanakin posted:

Typo is appropriate, since US infantry get rolled all the time.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Shanakin posted:

I get that, and it's a solid change since a 25 km/h dragon II that can see as far as it shoots has a decent amount of value, especially over the current mountaineers. The problems with US infantry though is a lack of defined role that leaves it weirdly empty feeling in choice. My last statement there was more that I hope they didn't just tack on a new recon infantry to a deck that didn't need more recon infantry, as potentially useful as they might be.

Riflemen are mostly average as they should be (all line should be roughly mirrored and the most cost effective choice, only thing that works in the long run), but it's marines and delta that make it awkward. Marines feel OK but why they have a made up LAW still confuses me, and as long as they don't have a wheeled transport like the ASLAV or even a 5p M35 they'll feel deficient. Delta are effectively the same as marines and therefore mostly useless. The US needs a VDV analogue that can scare the poo poo out of tanks and fight at the shock level, which is exactly what a repurposed Rangers with a 249 could do.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 3, 2014

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I'm on the same page, pretty much. A recon squad with a Dragon II I'm pretty meh about, but if it means the US also gets some shock infantry with a decent AT weapon that comes in good transports, I'm there all the way.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
They're definitely cav scouts, look at the insignia on the stetson. Or they could be "troopers" I guess or some other dumb bullshit, representing 1st cav.

I've always felt rangers should be "elite" infantry but eh, it doesn't make too much of a difference I suppose.

Mortabis fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 3, 2014

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nah, they're Cav scouts.

Also with the MP5 being implemented, I'm gonna try and get the SEAL's to use the XM177E2 rather than AK. Lets see how it goes :P

I'll paraphrase Vasily last night though. The rebalance patch has taken a more Steel Kings approach than a Ural-mod one. This isnt a bad thing, and certainly lightyears ahead of what we have currently, but time will tell how it plays out in the future.

gently caress I ACCIDENTLY COPIED AND PASTED SOMETHING BETTER GET A NAPKINNNNN

T-72 accuracy incresed from 30% to 40% and accuracy on the move increased from 10% to 20%
T-72A and T-72M accuracy incresed from 35% to 45% and accuracy on the move increased from 10% to 30%
T-72B series accuracy incresed from 45% to 50% and accuracy on the move increased from 30% to 40%

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 3, 2014

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

All this new info coming out, do we have any sort of timeframe for the DLC's release? The game is kinda on the backburner for me until it's out.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Light Infantry should be shock since they are supposed to represent US paratroopers (in ALB when you used the 82d battlegroup in the campaign, you got light infantry), if we're going off a VDV equivalency, and should get AT4s with M249s. Mountaineers should be the Gornostrelki equivalent- give them the lights' super dragon.

Right now US infantry are all sorts of hosed up as far as roles go. Keep Rangers as a full-strength recon squad for raiding, and give the US a 2-man LRS team with an M82 similar to Canadian Recce since the US does not have a sniper team currently.

Not trying to make the US an all-around power since holes in unit types give factions special nuances, but cmon, the US infantry could be modeled a LITTLE bit more accurately.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 4, 2014

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Mazz posted:

Riflemen are mostly average as they should be (all line should be roughly mirrored and the most cost effective choice, only thing that works in the long run), but it's marines and delta that make it awkward. Marines feel OK but why they have a made up LAW still confuses me, and as long as they don't have a wheeled transport like the ASLAV or even a 5p M35 they'll feel deficient. Delta are effectively the same as marines and therefore mostly useless. The US needs a VDV analogue that can scare the poo poo out of tanks and fight at the shock level, which is exactly what a repurposed Rangers with a 249 could do.
I wish marines '90 got the SMAW, that would have been rad. No clue what you mean by "a made up LAW" though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

You better be trolling.

I was given the impression that the prices in that leaked armory screenshot of the czech tanks were post price drop. However I'm not sure now that the t-80b is not only 85 points and can fire it's atgm on the move/.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Insert name here posted:

I wish marines '90 got the SMAW, that would have been rad. No clue what you mean by "a made up LAW" though.

Was there a variant of the LAW in service that extended range out to 800m, or should they just have given them the SMAW or AT-4? That's more or less what I meant.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Straight up give them the smaw, complete with anti-infantry functions :getin:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Mazz posted:

Was there a variant of the LAW in service that extended range out to 800m, or should they just have given them the SMAW or AT-4? That's more or less what I meant.
The A4 variant that the marines in game use did boast a higher maximum range technically (~1400m versus ~1000m of the earlier versions), though good luck hitting anything at ranges like that. I just want them to have something that's not a LAW in game because the LAW is so :geno:.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Insert name here posted:

The A4 variant that the marines in game use did boast a higher maximum range technically (~1400m versus ~1000m of the earlier versions), though good luck hitting anything at ranges like that. I just want them to have something that's not a LAW in game because the LAW is so :geno:.

yeah, from what I gather the "effective" ranges in terms of accuracy at max distance are pretty over-stated in the game -- not that infantry doesn't kind of need the "umph"

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Justin Tyme posted:

Light Infantry should be shock since they are supposed to represent US paratroopers (in ALB when you used the 82d battlegroup in the campaign, you got light infantry), if we're going off a VDV equivalency, and should get AT4s with M249s. Mountaineers should be the Gornostrelki equivalent- give them the lights' super dragon.

Right now US infantry are all sorts of hosed up as far as roles go. Keep Rangers as a full-strength recon squad for raiding, and give the US a 2-man LRS team with an M82 similar to Canadian Recce since the US does not have a sniper team currently.

Not trying to make the US an all-around power since holes in unit types give factions special nuances, but cmon, the US infantry could be modeled a LITTLE bit more accurately.

100% literally this. You get a viable difference between Mountaineers and light infantry that is more than just the transport they come in, and you finally get a US sniper team.

Or if you don't want to give the US a full sniper team, give them a 5 man cav scout squad with a DMR.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
To avoid adding units you could go with this:

Mountaineers -> Cav Scouts
Rangers -> Scout Snipers

Deltas could be renamed to Rangers or stay the same, either way.

Although with scout snipers you'd have to worry about the game being banned in Germany :v:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I dunno why but I feel like the meta has gotten better. Or at least I'm getting better at it. The biggest problem the last couple weeks had been getting Conquest games. I never see a lot of our best players from a few months ago. Come back! Soviet expensive poo poo is viable!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Leif. posted:

100% literally this. You get a viable difference between Mountaineers and light infantry that is more than just the transport they come in, and you finally get a US sniper team.

Or if you don't want to give the US a full sniper team, give them a 5 man cav scout squad with a DMR.

If we're gonna go Full Sperg cav scouts shouldn't even be in the game at all since they are already represented in the recon tab as the Bradley, ACAV, Humvee, and Sheridan, and usually don't conduct recon dismounted (or very far from their vehicles, at least). Plus, I'm not EXACTLY sure how it is in a cavalry troop, but snipers are infantryman, not cavalry scouts, and if they did have snipers they'd be detached from a headquarters element. It'd make much more sense for ~realism~ to just make them be a LRS team since LRS can come in a variety of transports and have a sniper rifle.

Some US marshal is really fuckin dumb if they got cav scouts for the US as a goddamn sniper/dismount team, I thought marshals were supposed to be the stewards of milspergdom. Or, it could be the biggest insult if they are supposed to be infantry company RSTA squadron teams, because while they're cavalry squadrons, the dismount company is 100% infantry. They gave them a stetson as the ultimate troll. (infantry and cavalry have a blood feud)

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jul 4, 2014

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

They come in the standard US trucks, Humvee, M113 and Super Dragon 113, Huey, and UH60.

Cav Scouts, that is. M16 and Dragon II.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 4, 2014

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Dandywalken posted:

They come in the standard US trucks, Humvee, M113 and Super Dragon 113, Huey, and UH60.

Cav Scouts, that is. M16 and Dragon II.

Yeah, I'll take it.

Is the US gonna get shock infantry in fast, armored transports with something more than a .50? Inquiring minds, you know. If Marines just got a LAV--yeah, I know it's a 15-man squad and bloo bloo realism but gently caress it, VDV get to ride around on transports that only held five or six or whatever. Also if the Marines could get an AT4 that would be nice. Or if Delta weren't so bad at their jobs.

E: VV yeah, so, edited.

Pirate Radar fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jul 4, 2014

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

Chantilly Say posted:

Yeah, I'll take it.

Is the US gonna get shock infantry in fast transports? Inquiring minds, you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEGSQl9dDG0

:911:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Humvee, but no LAV :( Eugen wouldnt budge on that one.

But the LAV-25's autocannon did get a very sweet accuracy boost, as did the majority of US autocannons in particular :getin:

COMVAT. 70/30 accuracy.

And thats enough spoilers for me tonight :P

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Wait they're increasing firepower across the board but not reducing prices?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Many prices are being reduced as well.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Chantilly say I saw you using those J-7IIs we talked about. I saw three of them fail to kill an F-4DS. The J-8 series are pretty decent fighters for a China deck. You can get 3 at vet. 180 points buys an ir fighter and a semi active radar fighter, both at vet. Not great but it's similar to a Su-27SK but with twice the hit points.

Besides with the Q-5D still broken what else are you going to spend the points on? J-7C J-7H and the rest is free for fighters.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Arglebargle III posted:

Chantilly say I saw you using those J-7IIs we talked about. I saw three of them fail to kill an F-4DS. The J-8 series are pretty decent fighters for a China deck. You can get 3 at vet. 180 points buys an ir fighter and a semi active radar fighter, both at vet. Not great but it's similar to a Su-27SK but with twice the hit points.

Besides with the Q-5D still broken what else are you going to spend the points on? J-7C J-7H and the rest is free for fighters.

Oh, yeah--that game I was playing a CatB Chinese deck because I wanted to see how it did, so the 55pt J-7IIs were the best fighter I had. And you can get three of them at Elite, but they each only get two meh IR missiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah they're garbage even at elite. The armory doesn't really show their biggest weakness, they're generally not manouverable enough to engage their targets. The J-7IIM isn't much better. I've been liking the J-8s.

Does anyone know if the Q-5D is working as intended or broken? The splash definitely feels broken to the point that nobody uses them despite them being the best red dragon bomber going purely by stats.

• Locked thread