Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, DC just can't keep a creative team I care about on a book. I bet Pak leaves Action by years end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Benny the Snake posted:

So now that Azzarello is leaving Wonder Woman, is there any DC title at all worth reading for the long run?

Infinity Man and The Forever People, duh.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Madkal posted:

Snyder's Batman, Soule's Green Lantern.
I'm staying away from Snyder's Batman. I was introduced to him through American Vampire during the Pacific Theater arc which led me to his Detective Comics run. It was probably the best contemporary Batman storyline I've red so far. I dropped out of DC Snyder after Court of Owls. Ninja Zombies and evil twin not-dead brother? Snyder's better than that. I'm only reading American Vampire, but even that's starting to get a little stale :(

How's Soule's Green Lantern different from Johns'? I know I'm going to get flack for this but I enjoyed Blackest Night better than Sinestro Corps War :shrug: His post-BL stuff I disliked, though.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Soule is writing Red Lanterns not Green. Stay the gently caress away from Venditti.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Snyder is better than the Court of Owls. The last year's worth of flashback/Riddler storyline has been fantastic. Just skip right over the Joker arc for it.

It's actually Red Lanterns that Soule does and it's just really fun and witty. Guy Gardner's leading them as a sort of biker gang. Plus he got a fantastic ginger handlebar mustache for a few issues before growing it into a beard.

e: Also, pick up every other Soule book. Superman/Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing, Letter 44 and (especially) She-Hulk are pretty good comic books.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 4, 2014

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Teenage Fansub posted:

Guy Gardner's leading them as a sort of biker gang.
Sold!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Boring crossovers aside, Phantom Stranger has been really solid (the most recent issue blowed my loving mind), is being axed soon though :v:

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Inkspot posted:

Fairchild was in Superboy from the first issue, and I think Grunge showed up somewhere during The Culling, maybe. Have the others shown up before now?

Rainmaker showed up a couple of times in the Movement.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

More importantly: when am I going to see Forerunner again?

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
So how's S.H.A.D.E and Animal Man?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sithsaber posted:

Animal Man ended a few months ago and Buddy was moved to Justice League United, outside of the Rotworld it was one of the best series published back then. I'm assuming you're talking about Frankestein's comic, that was among the first titles cancelled and since then S.H.A.D.E. has showed up here and there, Future's End and Red Hood are the most recent titles where S.H.A.D.E. has gotten screen time, Red Hood showed up that Man Bat is now a member of it and that's pretty awesome.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sithsaber posted:

Canceled. Or did you mean the characters/concepts? Animal Man's in JL United, which I'm kinda lukewarm on but it's still the first arc and I'm gonna give it a shot to improve. S.H.A.D.E is in Future's End which is ugggghhhhhhhhhhh

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Madkal posted:

Snyder's Batman, Soule's Green Lantern.

I love Charles Soule's Red Lanterns but his best book by far for me is Swamp Thing.

He's done amazing work with the character and I really hope it sticks around for as long as possible, especially seeing as its sales are bordering on cancellation.

Also it's a drat shame to hear Lemire's finished up with Green Arrow, I loved that series especially for Sorrentino's art. I hope the two of them work together more often.

I know Kreisberg does work for Arrow but have his comics stuff been any good?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sithsaber posted:

Assuming you mean Frankenstein's comic and the Lemire Animal Man solo, they're great.
Check out Seven Soldiers: Frankenstein first if you can. Not essential, but it's where he came from and it's a neat-o Grant Morrison/Doug Mahnke joint.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jul 4, 2014

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

I love Charles Soule's Red Lanterns but his best book by far for me is Swamp Thing.

He's done amazing work with the character and I really hope it sticks around for as long as possible, especially seeing as its sales are bordering on cancellation.

Alec's come a long way from his (kind of) amnesia to realizing he can inhabit spores and mitochondria on the other side of the planet. His last big act is re-establishing The Parliament. If Soule can tell that story, and do it well, which he's proven he probably can, I'd be alright letting the book go, as enjoyable as it is. Better than trying to shoehorn in more cameos from Justice League and watching it die a slow death.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Benny the Snake posted:

So now that Azzarello is leaving Wonder Woman, is there any DC title at all worth reading for the long run?

Batman '66 is consistently delightful.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Have Bane or Azrael shown up yet? How about Mr M..Mr. Mzer-gently caress it- Mr Superman Imp.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Sithsaber posted:

Have Bane or Azrael shown up yet? How about Mr M..Mr. Mzer-gently caress it- Mr Superman Imp.

Bane has shown up in Talon and in some Battle of Gotham mini a while back during the Forever Evil event.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

Bane has shown up in Talon and in some Battle of Gotham mini a while back during the Forever Evil event.

And Talon is basically filling the Azrael spot in the Bat family right now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Anyone has the big :stare:? Because goddamn.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I was wrong; they're still accentuating the booooobs.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
Anyone happen to know what font DC is using for these? The more of these I see, the more motivated I get to making my own.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sithsaber posted:

How about Mr M..Mr. Mzer-gently caress it- Mr Superman Imp.

Grant Morrison's Action Comics. It gets all up in the 5th Dimensional Imps.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Jesus, she looks super stoned.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

goldenoreos posted:

Anyone happen to know what font DC is using for these? The more of these I see, the more motivated I get to making my own.

Bebas neue?

redbackground fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 5, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

goldenoreos posted:

Pretty sure it's this one or one of the variations on the same site: http://www.font-db.com/font/bureaugrotesque-onethree/25251

X-O fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 5, 2014

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Pretty close. The thickness and leading are off, but nothing a little tweaking in Illustrator couldn't fix.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 5, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

McSpanky posted:

Sad because such finely aged cheese will never be tasted again?

pretty much

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Sithsaber posted:

Mxyzptlk. Spelled exactly how it sounds.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

HitTheTargets posted:

Mxyzptlk. Spelled exactly how it sounds.

I just started reading Morrison's "Doom Patrol." (I also spoiled something big already) How have these characters been handled by the New 52? Have we ever experienced the return of Orqwith?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Doom Patrol have been teased in Justice League and finally revealed on the last page of the last issue, but they don't yet appear to bare any influence from Morrison's version.

e: Have you tried Dial H? If you're into Morrison's Doom Patrol, you might enjoy the surrealism in that.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 6, 2014

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That large girls blank stare is freaking me out.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
The Chief is walking? Lame.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

CharlestheHammer posted:

That large girls blank stare is freaking me out.

That is the most interesting thing about the picture. Everyone else looks bored or annoyed by having to pose there, but she is a giant with no idea what is happening.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

HitTheTargets posted:

The Chief is walking? Lame.

I explained that away by telling myself that his suit must be one of those advanced robo walkers. Prof X gets them on occasion and we do have the rudimentary precedents for getting around spinal trauma.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Sithsaber posted:

I explained that away by telling myself that his suit must be one of those advanced robo walkers. Prof X gets them on occasion and we do have the rudimentary precedents for getting around spinal trauma.

You know DC hain't got no use for cripples.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Was Taters posted:

You know DC hain't got no use for cripples.

Let me lie to myself.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Sithsaber posted:

How have these characters been handled by the New 52?
I'm gonna take a wild guess here.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sithsaber posted:

Knowing Johns, Caulder will be on a wheelchair by the arc's end. He did the same with Sivana on Shazam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Suddenly everything about D_T starts to make sense.

• Locked thread