Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

May Contain Nuts posted:

Confused until I realized I was thinking of Margaret McPoyle.

For content:

Their mom was running around as Donna

Oh my God is that Wilf cosplay? :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Echo Chamber posted:

What's is this supposed to be?

Rose Tyler and Donna Noble, two characters from Doctor Who (originally played by Billie Piper and Catherine Tate, respectively).

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Edit: Someone serious posted before my sarcasm could land.

Invader Mat
Aug 16, 2012
Anyone at the LA Anime Expo get some good photos? I was working a shift at the convention center and got to see some awesome stuff but wasn't able to get any pictures. I did have to hop off the truck when I saw Gohan and get a co-worker to snap a picture though

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Drone posted:

Oh my God is that Wilf cosplay? :kimchi:

I know it's Wilf after seeing the Doctor, but when I was first scrolling past this, before I got to the kid, I totally saw Steve Zissou.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
friendly reminder that doctor who is loving garbage and if you recognized those characters please stick your head in a bag full of nitrogen for 20 minutes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

This one is bang on and isn't getting enough love.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

TenementFunster posted:

friendly reminder that doctor who is loving garbage and if you recognized those characters please stick your head in a bag full of nitrogen for 20 minutes

Go die in a fire etc

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Don't feed the trolls.

Invader Mat posted:

Anyone at the LA Anime Expo get some good photos? I was working a shift at the convention center and got to see some awesome stuff but wasn't able to get any pictures. I did have to hop off the truck when I saw Gohan and get a co-worker to snap a picture though

DBZ is still rear end but this is a very good cosplay.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TenementFunster posted:

Outside of Canada you can only get nitrogen in cartons and jugs.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

May Contain Nuts posted:

Confused until I realized I was thinking of Margaret McPoyle.

For content:

Their mom was running around as Donna

Oh my god, Wilf Mott :allears:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

LoonShia posted:

Go die in a fire etc
lol so random nuke the site from orbit goon sire

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

You seem very angry about some dumb kids' show.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Don't feed the trolls. This dude is like classic 90s vintage trolling too.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

is this what you've been reduced to. i mean i wouldn't say your trolling was ever high effort but drat

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I looked back a while and didn't see this. From the relatively new series Rat Queens:

I want to find who was involved in this and shake their hand because goddamn did they nail everything on this.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

mind the walrus posted:

I looked back a while and didn't see this. From the relatively new series Rat Queens:

I want to find who was involved in this and shake their hand because goddamn did they nail everything on this.

Not quite everything, there's a few tears that the cosplayer missed. Doesn't detract from the fact that it's fantastic. Just thought I'd point it out because I'm a pedantic sod.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Not quite everything, there's a few tears that the cosplayer missed. Doesn't detract from the fact that it's fantastic. Just thought I'd point it out because I'm a pedantic sod.

Don't think it's the same person, but here's all the Rat Queens - https://www.flickr.com/photos/71598011@N00/6103783912/in/photostream/

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

McKilligan posted:

Don't think it's the same person, but here's all the Rat Queens - https://www.flickr.com/photos/71598011@N00/6103783912/in/photostream/

Maybe Flickr doesn't like my phone, or this is some kind of super abstract version of them, but that appears to be a ball of yarn.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No I'm getting yarn too.

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

To be fair if you just spent all that money making a note-perfect costume would you put strategic tears in it just for one photo when you could reuse the costume for conventions and parties for years afterwards?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

New Leaf posted:

Maybe Flickr doesn't like my phone, or this is some kind of super abstract version of them, but that appears to be a ball of yarn.

Click on the left arrow.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/71598011@N00/14313833788/in/photostream/

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Couple more Rat Queens:
Violet

Dee

Couldn't find any great ones of Betty (other than the one from that flickr link)
i.e. this one:

Alas no Orc Dave (best Dave) or even Gary to be found.

That's ok, gently caress Gary.:mad:

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

mind the walrus posted:

No I'm getting yarn too.

To be fair if you just spent all that money making a note-perfect costume would you put strategic tears in it just for one photo when you could reuse the costume for conventions and parties for years afterwards?

That is an excellent point and something I had not considered. You're right I probably wouldn't, guess I retract my statement (Except the part about it being fantastic) but I'll leave it up so that this little convo makes sense to anyone reading it :)

anathenema
Apr 8, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

The cosplayer, I think, is BB Hart, noted burlesque performer. She could probably tell you.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, it's the costume she wore for a comic book burlesque show a few months ago.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Hildribrand from FFXIV:

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
The George RR Martin was a great sport

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gravity Falls.
Bill Cipher.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Friends of a friend, as Arakune and Litchi.

The side claws are articulated and can be controlled from inside the suit.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Lance Streetman posted:

Hildribrand from FFXIV:

Not enough pompadour and a true Agent of Enquiry would never lose his monocle. :colbert:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Luigi death stare

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Casual Goon hanging out in the back really completes the image.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
You don't truly appreciate the chin until the last picture.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

That is one hell of a nose, too.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

That is the stuff of nightmares, especially contrasted against the fairly normal looking woman dressed as Nigel's wife whose name I can't remember.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cosplaying within a video game can count too, right?

Sailor Moon in Guild Wars 2

Princess Zelda from the same:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

It's time for everyone's favorite game show: "Village Person or Cast Member from ''G.I. Joe''?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Penny Paper posted:

It's time for everyone's favorite game show: "Village Person or Cast Member from ''G.I. Joe''?"

That's Shore Leave, from The Venture Brothers, and congratulations you get the joke.

• Locked thread