Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Tomahawk posted:

The Opie and Scorch Show

*somewhere in Manch-Vegas, Scorch clicks on a story about his old pal Anthony and reads silently. A moment later...*
"...lookie lookie miss cookie"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So many O&A fans don't understand the first amendment.

Kreg
Sep 2, 2006

shyduck posted:

I don't think the hosts get it either

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fabricated posted:

I kinda feel bad because I didn't really want the show to end, but I haven't listened to it for probably 2 years now.

I haven't listened regularly in years but still checked out shows that people said were good or had actual funny guests on like Dan Soder or uh, I guess Vos. I'm going to miss those shows

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Have Jim stay in the Chip character forever and be the new co-host.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Tomahawk posted:

Post your favorite non-racist memory of Anthony:

I have always gotten the biggest laughs out of the quick playful jabs him and Jim would throw at each other.
An exchange from earlier this year (that I can't find on Youtube, so paraphrasing from memory):

Jim: I used to go to winter camp as a kid.
Ant: No you didn't, you're lying.
Jim: I did!
Ant: I wish it was Treblinka...
Chip: Yeah, if I did I would miss it! Tss Tss...

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

shyduck posted:

So many Paula Deen fans don't understand the first amendment.

So many Duck Dynasty fans don't understand the first amendment.

What do all these dumb white people have in common I wonder

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah chalk me up as one who would just stop listening when I knew an Obama, Zimmerman, or savages hour was about to happen, but Ant was quicker with his jabs than any of the comedians they had. That's what I'll miss the most.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Anything involving Ant's childhood or marriage was always amazing

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Well, at least R&F is on the upswing..

:suicide:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

*somewhere in Manch-Vegas, Scorch clicks on a story about his old pal Anthony and reads silently. A moment later...*
"...lookie lookie miss cookie"

Yeah pretty much

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Some of the best quotes from the Reddit thread:

quote:

Social leftism is a cancer. A thought-policing, domineering, ideologically fascist cancer. And it proves itself so every day.

quote:

this is loving bullshit. gently caress sirus, gently caress liberals and gently caress blacks. ive been listing since 2000 im so loving pissed

quote:

This is why I hate niggers. They cant handle hearing the truth about them being savages, so they cry racist whenever someone addresses the issue. Sub-human primates.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Well Anthony did steal all of Scorch's bits!

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Please tell me Todd Pettengill has said something about this.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Morter posted:

Yeah pretty much

You know the situation is bad when loving Scorch gets the last laugh :(

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Scorch must have erased it already. Just checked his FB and it's gone.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
"We're building toward something!"

I hope we still get that 20th year O&A big event that Tim Sabean told the boys about.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Nucleic Acids posted:

If he makes a parody song about this I'll probably die

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If he makes a parody song about this I'll probably die

Whoooa, whoooa, whoooa, Tony's cryin'! :sax:

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
It was only a matter of time until this happened. I'm still shocked though. I hope the show can continue in some way, but I doubt Sirius is all that interested in re-signing them in October. Maybe it could happen. Opie always says he's ready to walk away but I don't know that I believe him. I think he enjoys doing radio too much and I don't know that he could get a legit podcast off the ground. Jimmy and Sam both do a ton of work for Sirius. I just don't know.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LMAO. That's terrible, I'm sorry.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It's very easy to make a 'legit podcast', it's just that podcasts do not make money.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Tomahawk posted:

Some of the best quotes from the Reddit thread:

I like how Stormfront isn't even reacting like that. Almost all of the posts there are about how they aren't surprised and how he should have never been working for the jew media anyways.

And some guy is gloating.

quote:

I warned Anthony about pissing off his joo boses last month. lol
About 37:50 minutes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZCychb2mmU

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

The Dave posted:

Some people believe this crazy idea that you have the freedom to say what you want, regardless of it's nature.

"You're fired," said SiriusXM.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

mcmagic posted:

LMAO. That's terrible, I'm sorry.
How did your radio show die?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Nucleic Acids posted:

SCOTT AND OPIE ON SIRIUS XM

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

But I thought that Opie and Anthony always win in the end... :ohdear:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
I'm sad that Ant was fired because he was definitely the funniest person on the show IMO...Guess I'll see what happens now because I also like Jim but not expecting much. I wish he would've just stuck to being funny instead of the boring rear end rants but whatever, just a silly radio show. I've never watched LFTC because I'm assuming he just does the ranting more when he has complete control of the content, I might give it a shot though.

I'm just glad this happened before my Sirius trial was over so I didn't actually get caught in a contract when the only thing I listened to on it went away heh

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
When you see me takin' pictures, best get outta myyy way...

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I notice Sam, Jim and Op have been pretty much completely silent about this on Twitter.

CQ has mentioned it and that's about it.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

we'll miss you...

Despoiler
Apr 9, 2002
I liked the part where Kuriyama did his big speech.
I know I probably sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist here - but does anyone else thing ant did this on purpose to get fired and use whatever momentum it got in the press to launch a podcast? Anthony seems like he is completely cool with being fired

After all, it's not like they haven't done this exact thing in the past

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
It's been 6 years since I last listened to O&A yet somehow it makes completely sense that this is how it ends as a duo. Ant's non-comedic views made for lousy radio then and it costs him his show now with outside media picking up on it. Hopefully Opie and Jim are OK and at least Ron and Fez made it out.

I should note I stopped listening because I disagreed with the Sirius/XM merger, not the show at the time but I've moved on either way.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

spudsbuckley posted:

I notice Sam, Jim and Op have been pretty much completely silent about this on Twitter.

CQ has mentioned it and that's about it.

Well Opie's debating what he's going to do since he does have options & the money to walk away completely if he wants, Jim & Sam & the rest of the staff have no loving idea what's going to happen & don't want to get caught up in the shitstorm.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Despoiler posted:

I know I probably sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist here - but does anyone else thing ant did this on purpose to get fired and use whatever momentum it got in the press to launch a podcast? Anthony seems like he is completely cool with being fired

After all, it's not like they haven't done this exact thing in the past

I don't think he's cool with it. I think he's vastly overvaluing himself. He's hoping Sirius will see people on his twitter cancelling subscriptions and then come crawling back to him.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bubba Smith posted:

Well Opie's debating what he's going to do since he does have options & the money to walk away completely if he wants, Jim & Sam & the rest of the staff have no loving idea what's going to happen & don't want to get caught up in the shitstorm.

We know what's going to happen.

Monday morning will see the start of The Opie Show on The Opie Channel.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
This is an unfortunate turn of events. I feel bad for the show, but not really for Cumia.

Although, perhaps fittingly, their assault on apology culture gets vindicated here--hell, Ant didn't even get to say an apology. Sirius dropped him FAST.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

spudsbuckley posted:

The Opie Show on The Opie Channel.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BottledBodhisvata posted:

This is an unfortunate turn of events. I feel bad for the show, but not really for Cumia.

Although, perhaps fittingly, their assault on apology culture gets vindicated here--hell, Ant didn't even get to say an apology. Sirius dropped him FAST.

By the sounds of things he wouldn't apologise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Opie's figuring out how he's going to tell Ant that he'll be sticking with the show.

You're listening to Opie Radio with Greg Opie Hughes and Sam Roberts! :suicide:

• Locked thread