Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kresher posted:

Everyone gets the Squirged helm on July 8th, if their account has a retail key registered by July 7th. (Everyone who's purchased the game gets it)

Skull Kid? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is there a mod which marks up datacubes on the map? gently caress trawling around just to complete a science mission.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

poptart_fairy posted:

Is there a mod which marks up datacubes on the map? gently caress trawling around just to complete a science mission.

I used one called ZenRadar that just showed things in proximity to me, which was good enough. That said I rerolled out of scientist entirely because the overall premise was no fun for me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Why are people so retarded in PvP?
I love 10v10 gamemode a lot but it's so annoying when you've got 3 players chasing one guy, 3 other doing the same on the other side of the map and you end up trying to capture or defends masks with 4 players against their 8.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Kresher posted:

Everyone gets the Squirged helm on July 8th, if their account has a retail key registered by July 7th. (Everyone who's purchased the game gets it)

According to some QQ on reddit, this exact helm was a drop on a 20 man raid. They've turned that helm into a more generic looking squirg now and those few guys who looted it prior to the change are fairly pissed.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Eccentric Ned posted:

those few guys who looted it prior to the change are fairly pissed.

So about 10 people are pissed?

quote:

Hotfix Patch Notes

Players can no longer get exceed the 800 decor limit when adding new decor to their Housing Crate.

Adventures: The Siege of Tempest Refuge: Fixed an issue that caused the instance to not load creatures and events properly.

(PvP) Improved matching for Rated Battlegrounds and Rated Arenas by increasing the amount of rating points per search interval and by increasing the max spread of rating used. This means roughly, that players should see an overall decrease in queue times when attempting to match players/teams of disparate ratings.

(PvP) Improved matching for Practice Battlegrounds by increasing the max spread of gearscores used. This is to resolve issues where higher gear scored players were unable to be matched due to the gear scores of other players in the queue.

Fixed issue where removing CPU0 from processor affinity mask would improve performance.

Added an optional "-processor #" command line option, if you want to set which processor the main thread is ideally scheduled on. By default, it will have no preference. This bug fix was identified when looking at AMD CPU performance concerns.

Blighthaven - The Elyona the Mad encounter has been temporarily reworked so it functions more reliably. As a result of these changes, the achievement "Mad Skill" is temporarily unavailable.

The panel for "A Brief Welcome" in Northern Wastes should no longer get stuck in a unusable state.

Elonya the Mad and Sentinel of the Swamp in Blighthaven have had their tagging issues resolved. More than one player/group can receive kill credit for them in the same encounter.

Eldan test subjects will now reliably respawn in Northern Wastes.

Blighthaven - Quest credit should be easier to obtain when Scorchwing is killed on the daily quest 'Scorched Wings'.

Blighthaven - The Fiendish Flyer item imbuement quest should now be easier to earn credit when you kill Scorchwing

The Terminus Complex: Fixed an issue where Xarophet could become stuck, blocking progression

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
I wouldn't call Space Jam an RP guild, we are in the RP server though, but you two dudes carry on please. :munch:

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

Doublestep posted:

The dungeons are a training course in the poo poo you'd be forced to deal with in a raid. If you don't like the dumb non-raid hazing ritual, you're probably not going to like the dumb raid hazing ritual.
Right now, the dungeons are a training ground to teach you how to climb walls to skip trash and resetting your instance when you get random optionals that are impossible to do within the strict time limits.

There are 400+ people in Goon Squad right now, and maybe 10-12 of them are actually on a trajectory to complete attunement within the next month or two, and some of those (including me) are rapidly loosing interest in finishing it. The current state of attunement is the opposite of fun, and even if I complete the process we aren't going to have enough attuned people to raid.

The other problem is "casual" veteran dungeon runs for bronze medals are extremely unlikely to actually provide any upgrades that might help with the silver attunement runs. Maybe the upcoming medal overhaul will help with that, but there are still tons of bugs and bad design choices that make silver medals very frustrating and unfun.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

washow posted:

Confirmed here for the AMP point. Got one from walatiki win randomly in a low level bracket I believe.

I got one in my very first Level 50 practice battleground Walatiki box but I've played probably 100 matches of Temple and 30 matches of Halls overall and I've only seen 1.

I kind of wish I hadn't just immediately consumed it because my guild mate said you could sell them for something like 30 platinum and I'm trying to wrap my head around how anyone has that much money right now.

-----

e:

As far as PVE, I've started the attunement chain, we have a PVE leader in our guild who is trying to help everyone get attuned, but at this point I've run ~10 Veteran Adventures and haven't gotten a single item that was an upgrade for me. So I'm not sure if I'm just cursed or what, but I guess I will be attempting to move on to the dungeons with a mix of PVP and Questing gear.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Libertine posted:

I got one in my very first Level 50 practice battleground Walatiki box but I've played probably 100 matches of Temple and 30 matches of Halls overall and I've only seen 1.

I kind of wish I hadn't just immediately consumed it because my guild mate said you could sell them for something like 30 platinum and I'm trying to wrap my head around how anyone has that much money right now.

Cred, lots of cred. Cred prices are going to spike every month at resub time, and drop right after. Buy low sell high etc etc

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Mr.Citrus posted:

Cred, lots of cred. Cred prices are going to spike every month at resub time, and drop right after. Buy low sell high etc etc

A bit early for that. More and more platinum is pouring into the market.

if you buy a credd today for 10 plat and sell it in a month for 30 plat then that doesn't mean you made a 200% profit. it just means that plats have dropped that much in value. What you then spend the plat on will no doubt have risen in price to match over the same time period.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Any reason why Carbine decided against any 10-man content?

i am paul newman
Mar 31, 2010
Even the game time keys are region-locked.. Wildstar, you're tearing me apart.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
Renewed sub. Got two receipts for two different buy orders in my email. Account only got one more month in it. I sure hope I didn't get billed twice.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Maxmaps posted:

Renewed sub. Got two receipts for two different buy orders in my email. Account only got one more month in it. I sure hope I didn't get billed twice.

I think the same thing happened to doublestep.

Was the first one maybe one of those 1 dollar test transactions?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Maxmaps posted:

People seem to be getting billed more than once. 4-6 times even. Check your account.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

People seem to be getting billed more than once. 4-6 times even. Check your account.

After having this happen with other MMOs I've always paid through Paypal if it's available since they allow near instant charge reversals for payers.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Windchilla posted:

After having this happen with other MMOs I've always paid through Paypal if it's available since they allow near instant charge reversals for payers.

I bought a gamecard from Gamestop.com. Worked fine.

I eat baby skin
Nov 30, 2003
Fresh from the nursery
Whoops wrong thread for passes

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Libertine posted:

As far as PVE, I've started the attunement chain, we have a PVE leader in our guild who is trying to help everyone get attuned, but at this point I've run ~10 Veteran Adventures and haven't gotten a single item that was an upgrade for me. So I'm not sure if I'm just cursed or what, but I guess I will be attempting to move on to the dungeons with a mix of PVP and Questing gear.

Uh, very little of the gear you will get from adventures is going to be an upgrade over crafted gear. So just get that. In Warbringer people charge like 2.5 plat for a set but it in reality it's closer to 10-15 gold per piece, assuming you don't try to go for optimal rune slots and don't craft any Epochos stuff (of which you probably only need one at worst); It's loving pocket change.

Windchilla posted:

Also, I've yet to see a case of someone being charged twice when paying through Paypal. To me it's an obvious choice seeing how the number of subscription based western MMOGs that had billing problems in the first sub month, charging twice or more being the most common of them, greatly outweighs the number that didn't.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jul 4, 2014

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism
"I think, therefore I am" brings little comfort in this case.

FuSchnick posted:

Right now, the dungeons are a training ground to teach you how to climb walls to skip trash and resetting your instance when you get random optionals that are impossible to do within the strict time limits.

There are 400+ people in Goon Squad right now, and maybe 10-12 of them are actually on a trajectory to complete attunement within the next month or two, and some of those (including me) are rapidly loosing interest in finishing it. The current state of attunement is the opposite of fun, and even if I complete the process we aren't going to have enough attuned people to raid.

The other problem is "casual" veteran dungeon runs for bronze medals are extremely unlikely to actually provide any upgrades that might help with the silver attunement runs. Maybe the upcoming medal overhaul will help with that, but there are still tons of bugs and bad design choices that make silver medals very frustrating and unfun.

Completely agree. The gating with the medals in concept is fine and I like that there is a barrier as it makes you feel great when you push through it, but it's far too inconsistent as a test of skill. Sometimes you get poo poo objectives (40 marauders in Skullcano comes to mind), and sometimes you can get bugs biting you in the rear end hard like mobs being reset bugged and making you unable to fulfil all objectives.

Tailoring veteran dungeons to have specific objectives or to be less random would be a start, but it seems like it'd be difficult to do it in a way that doesn't make some objectives basically non-veteran only. The world bosses also need some fixing too, as I've had like 4/6 of the ones I've encountered bug out and not give anything for killing them (Doomthorn, Kraggar, Metal Maw Prime) or be completely unfightable due to the activation mechanisms being broken (Metal Maw Prime again, Defense Protocol Unit).

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Zephyrine posted:

A bit early for that. More and more platinum is pouring into the market.

if you buy a credd today for 10 plat and sell it in a month for 30 plat then that doesn't mean you made a 200% profit. it just means that plats have dropped that much in value. What you then spend the plat on will no doubt have risen in price to match over the same time period.

Credd protects well against inflation.

There is no reason to believe everything else will necessarily increase in price, as those items enter the market through normal play just like platinum, so their supply is also increasing. I can't imagine the demand for amps will keep pace with the supply.

Cephid
Dec 28, 2012
Credd will likely be a good way of hardening assets that will pace with inflation. You don't buy Credd to necessarily profit, you buy it so that your worth is maintained as the value of the actual currency fluctuates.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cephid posted:

Credd will likely be a good way of hardening assets that will pace with inflation. You don't buy Credd to necessarily profit, you buy it so that your worth is maintained as the value of the actual currency fluctuates.

Just like bitcoin.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

No because when you go to sell your CREDD someone will actually be waiting to purchase it.

kripes
Aug 14, 2002

BRRRRRAAAAAIIIINNNNSSS
My wife's account got hacked a few days after she made it, which is surprising since she used a distinct password. Anyway she has 2 step on now.

We noticed this under her name and can't figure out how to get rid of it...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kripes posted:

My wife's account got hacked a few days after she made it, which is surprising since she used a distinct password. Anyway she has 2 step on now.

We noticed this under her name and can't figure out how to get rid of it...

Hit P, go to Titles, find out if she's in a circle, a guild, arena team, or anything and then leave whatever it is.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Asema posted:

Hit P, go to Titles, find out if she's in a circle, a guild, arena team, or anything and then leave whatever it is.

Since arena teams are sort of tricky to find, bring up the dungeon queue thing with N, go to rated arenas and there you'll see your teams and be able to leave it.

kripes
Aug 14, 2002

BRRRRRAAAAAIIIINNNNSSS

Bashez posted:

Since arena teams are sort of tricky to find, bring up the dungeon queue thing with N, go to rated arenas and there you'll see your teams and be able to leave it.
Thanks, this did the trick!

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

There's something funny about having the 2FA title and that guild name. I know you got it after the fact, but I could see someone on the official forums posting this as proof that 2FA doesn't work.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

420 play internet dress-up everyday.

Grinding tailoring, looking snazzy, got an ultraviolet dye,but it I'm not wasting 1.6 plat on it while still holding out for neon pink.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Two questions

1)Are any quests level-locked? I just ran to Auroria at level 11 [Fighting mobs 3+ levels above me is worlds more fun, IDC about level speed] but there's no quests at all in Greenfield Estate.

2) What's the cheapest way to buy this neat game? I remember there being some coupons on GMG, where does one get them?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Two questions

1)Are any quests level-locked? I just ran to Auroria at level 11 [Fighting mobs 3+ levels above me is worlds more fun, IDC about level speed] but there's no quests at all in Greenfield Estate.

2) What's the cheapest way to buy this neat game? I remember there being some coupons on GMG, where does one get them?

1) Yes, most quests have level requirements. Quests have non-scaling XP rewards and quest items don't have level requirements, so it's an unfortunate necessity.

2) GMG usually has a 20% or 25% off code. You can find one right in their front page. Websites like dealzon and such tend to list working codes, like this one (25% off for US residents): http://www.dealzon.com/deals/green-man-gaming-coupon-voucher

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

That coupon isn't working for me for some reason, I'll try tomorrow.

Am I to assume that the difficulty spikes later then? Because right now it's faceroll but I shouldn't expect much more than that sub-20. On the other hand, if I can't artificially raise the difficulty [by fighting harder mobs with harder quests or doing lv++ quests with groups] then I'd like to know know.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Quests are never truly difficult (unless you want to try soloing some group quests, I guess). You could try instead running some Dungeons (not Adventures), but the first two unlock at level 20. Most people consider them to be quite a challenge even with a pre-made group, let alone with a group of pubbies.

They are a ton of fun though. I love the difficulty.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Am I to assume that the difficulty spikes later then? Because right now it's faceroll but I shouldn't expect much more than that sub-20. On the other hand, if I can't artificially raise the difficulty [by fighting harder mobs with harder quests or doing lv++ quests with groups] then I'd like to know know.

Telegraphs eventually become a concern; When doing dailies, getting hit by a single (full duration, if applicable) telegraph will usually take 50-80% of my Spellslinger's HP. CC also becomes more common, but not terribly so.

That doesn't make the solo PvE difficult, though. I recommend soloing primes, especially the ones designed for 5 man groups, and using your mount to pull as many mobs as are in range when given a kill quest. Obviously the latter depends on class; There's no practical amount of normal mobs a Warrior or Engineer can pull that will pose a threat to either class if Overdrive/Eradicate are up, at least not in most of the leveling content.

You should still be able to do quests two levels above you, so that's an option for slightly increasing the difficulty. Otherwise there's group PvE content — the aforementioned dungeons — and PvP.

Also, I didn't look into the details of that coupon. I don't think it will work for Wildstar, but the 20% one posted in the front page should.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jul 5, 2014

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Most "kill X" quests have what are called primes around they are way stronger then regular mobs and give more quest credit you can aim for them for a challange and to keep your xp up.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
If you go to the dungeon entrance you can run dungeons with 50s without rallying to the appropriate level. Interesting.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Pound_Coin posted:

420 play internet dress-up everyday.

Grinding tailoring, looking snazzy, got an ultraviolet dye,but it I'm not wasting 1.6 plat on it while still holding out for neon pink.

Oh man I really want those revolvers for my spellslinger, they look sweet. And you're only a couple levels ahead of me. Are they crafted, drop or a quest reward?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Maxmaps posted:

I wouldn't call Space Jam an RP guild, we are in the RP server though, but you two dudes carry on please. :munch:

You made crunchies an officer, it's p much your fault bud.

• Locked thread