Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Yeah, hopefully Opie knows no one wants to listen to a show with just him. He'll then give the bandwidth to Ron and Fez and things will be back to normal.

Who am I kidding. We've just exchanged Ant's 45 minute rants for Opie's 45 minute sales-pitch's for t-shirts and other bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

spudsbuckley posted:

By the sounds of things he wouldn't apologise.

Dude literally tweeted 'I won't apologize, I'm not sorry' before it so it sounds like there's at least a chance a deal of 'say sorry and we'll suspend you a little and that's that' being on the table.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Opie and big jay oakerson show

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Wha happened? YOU'RE KIDDIN'! How did it happen?

Now the path is clear for the Opie and Scott Shannon show!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Google Butt posted:

Opie and big jay oakerson show

If Big Jay is going anywhere it should be the Ron and Big Jay show.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Morter posted:

Jimmy: You're a high profile radio host.
Anthony: Dude, I can't take it anymore!...Martyr me, dummies! MARTYR ME!!

So it was spoken...:catholic:

Ahh, I remember that exchange. It really is true... how the gently caress did he not think this would eventually bite him in the rear end?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Just wait until you see their hamhanded ways of trying to deflect yesterday: "This is nothing, it'll be gone, it's a holiday weekend!" "Okay, let's stop posting so Ant doesn't get into any more trouble!" "I'm going to cancel my sub, that'll show Sirius, and all of his guests should vocally speak up for him!"

Yesterday, someone mentioned that they were an O&A fan until they went to an event and saw the hardcore fans. I'm feeling the same way here. Nothing is funny about a bunch of bigots who crave and view victimhood as a Get Out of Jail Free card for whatever ignorance they spout.

One of the people I kept seeing pop up on on the twitter timeline was a charming fellow named AryanContrarian. Check out some of that guy's tweets. He posts the same type of news stories regarding crimes with black people, etc. When you're being defended by people like that...

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

People on reddit were saying that the Joan Rivers thing was going to save Anthony and once Monday rolled around he would be safe.

I thought for a second that it was a possibility just because in the scheme of things they're not THAT big, but the chickens have come home to roost. It just took something like this to have it wrapped up in a neat media package.

Paul Kersey posted:

Opie and Ron, yes. Opie and Sam, gently caress no.

This should be engraved on a statue. Opie and Sam is exactly what will happen though.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

We're getting Opie and Sam i honestly reckon.

Sam is the next most famous guy on the channel after the main three guys and he already does a show on Fridays.

I'm completely ok with this.

gouge away
Apr 17, 2005

durr
He was whining, and crying, and pitching a fit.

What he needed to do was GET OVER IT GET OVER IT.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

I hate Sam on his own but always enjoyed him when he came on the show for Segments. Opie and Sam could work. With Lil Jimmy of course.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Poor Scorch, still so ignored that only Louise Holdsworth gives his post a like.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Dude literally tweeted 'I won't apologize, I'm not sorry' before it so it sounds like there's at least a chance a deal of 'say sorry and we'll suspend you a little and that's that' being on the table.

That's how far gone the fucker is. Genuinely believes he did nothing wrong.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cumia Abu Jamal

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

How long until opie turns on ant? Their relationship has seemed strained for years now and there's a chance ant literally ended opie s career.

I hope the behind the scenes staff make it out okay. Hell, Opie too.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Opie, Ben Sparks and Psycho Mark show

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Opie, Ben Sparks and Psycho Mark show

I think those guys hate Op a lot more than Ant.

Speaking of which, we got Fez'd on that teaser for the Sparks and Physco show where they apparently had a lot to say.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
Countdown until Danny sticks the boot in as well

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
This is by far my favorite thing from reddit.

quote:

Stay off of social media.

Vent with your close friends and family in the privacy of your own home. Don't ever put anything in writing. Delete your twitter, your reddit account, your instagram and your facebook.

All of this "fired, fired, so fired" stuff has come as a result of using social media. In almost every single instance. The internet has become "big brother", it isn't how it used to be.

Be safe out here folks, get off of the internet - the hivemind lives online, have actual conversations with real people and the world doesn't seem nearly as doomed.

Remember guys only denigrate an entire race of people to your closest family and friends in the safety of your own home.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kevyn posted:

When you see me takin' pictures, best get outta myyy way...

..Pendulum is swinging back across my face....

Bubba Smith posted:

Well Opie's debating what he's going to do since he does have options & the money to walk away completely if he wants, Jim & Sam & the rest of the staff have no loving idea what's going to happen & don't want to get caught up in the shitstorm.

Yeah, I imagine everybody is hunkering down now trying to figure out what will be done. Opie and Jim are one matter, but Sam and Erock and the rest are just waiting to see what happens. I don't think anybody wants to anger Sirius at this point.

OldTennisCourt posted:

I don't think he's cool with it. I think he's vastly overvaluing himself. He's hoping Sirius will see people on his twitter cancelling subscriptions and then come crawling back to him.

I think Ant is so far up his own rear end that he's thinking he's really the victim here instead of the stupid rear end in a top hat who sank his career over something stupid like this.

spudsbuckley posted:

We're getting Opie and Sam i honestly reckon.

Sam is the next most famous guy on the channel after the main three guys and he already does a show on Fridays.

I'm completely ok with this.

I think if Jim sticks around, it'll be him and Opie for a while. But I can't think that the show may take a hiatus to figure out what comes next. This isn't like 'oh, Danny's really gone,' this really changes the dynamics of the channel.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Ron and Sam! Ron and Sam!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

How Much Art posted:

the chickens have come home to roost.
whatever the gently caress that means

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Ransom posted:

This is by far my favorite thing from reddit.

Remember guys only denigrate an entire race of people to your closest family and friends in the safety of your own home.

Well, at least you won't get in trouble for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrDL6gGQIV4

Oh... :smith:

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Neodoomium posted:

Ron and Sam! Ron and Sam!

I don't know if I could handle the sound of Sam and Shelby together

A Loud Fart
Sep 9, 2011
Hahaha, I just saw this on CNN's website, I knew it was going to be Anthony before I clicked the link.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
That CNN article was actually somewhat sympathetic to Ant. Didn't expect that.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I hope you're all excited for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsdexwdImnk

But seriously, you can't say Anthony hasn't been asking for something like this to happen to him for years, with the way he goes on.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Sirius fired Anthony by email, haha.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I will love Opie forever if Mondays show opens with this song.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you own yourself so bad hahaha

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Spend your 4th of july break humiliating yourself publicly

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Spend your 4th of july break humiliating yourself publicly

I got beat up by a girl... let me tell as many people as possible. LOL

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

If he didn't spiral off into Stormfront mode the trashing he would have got for getting beat up by a girl would have been great.

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005
I was really looking forward to the that. gently caress

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Lmao

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

I tweeted him and asked if a bridge punched him.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d4C1ZQKmw4

cya Ant

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
Wow. I haven't listened to the show in a few months and this poo poo happens. drat.

This seems appropriate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNX_wGyKhmM

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lol out of curiosity I went to Wackbag to read the thread there

don't do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

Listen to this and imagine them boxing up the mega phone, the slide whistle and his little n-word bell.

• Locked thread