Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxoEpVDGvPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.
Welp holy poo poo just found out about the news like 5 minutes ago. R.I.P. to your career you loony scarface gun-toting italiano.

dsriggs posted:

I hope you're all excited for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsdexwdImnk

But seriously, you can't say Anthony hasn't been asking for something like this to happen to him for years, with the way he goes on.

Honestly I was expecting Ope to drop out first. He's always been clamoring about leavin the FUAHKIN' COMPNY, never expected Ant to pull something like this.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

MONKET posted:

Welp holy poo poo just found out about the news like 5 minutes ago. R.I.P. to your career you loony scarface gun-toting italiano.

Honestly I was expecting Ope to drop out first. He's always been clamoring about leavin the FUAHKIN' COMPNY, never expected Ant to pull something like this.

It wasn't really about expecting Ant to pull something like this because he did all the time. It was more about waiting for someone to finally call him out on it.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Tomahawk posted:

It wasn't really about expecting Ant to pull something like this because he did all the time. It was more about waiting for someone to finally call him out on it.

Hasn't he been going on rants like this on-air for almost a decade now?

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Tomahawk posted:

Yeah very true. Now that he's in the spotlight, all his previous shenanigans are just spilling out.

I will say though that I'm very much looking forward to more Live at the Compound because of this since that's pretty much all he has left anyways.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Neodoomium posted:

Ron and Sam! Ron and Sam!

best avatar for this discussion hands down
I get the Opie hate. I do. But sometimes, he is a right beautiful bastard.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

A Keg posted:

It really wasn't this bad until 2009 or so.

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

A Keg posted:

I don't think he's been nearly as racist. At least when he went off on a tirade he pulled out the "black on black crime statistics" card, here he's literally just calling black people animals. He's well past the point of no return.

E:

Sankis posted:

Yeah it was around that time he began to go descend into a totally racist Gran Torino crotchety right winger.

Douk Douk fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 4, 2014

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

MONKET posted:

I don't think he's been nearly as racist. At least when he went off on a tirade he pulled out the "black on black crime statistics" card, here he's literally just calling black people animals. He's well past the point of no return.

I guess you missed when he carted that old gem out afterwards trying to pretend that he was trying to save the black community from itself and that he's not a racist.

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
The Daily News went to his house and talked to him

quote:

"I'm doing fine," Cumia told the Daily News through a cracked front door of his posh Roslyn Heights home.

"There's plenty of options in this day and age and that's all I'm going to say about it."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/show-siriusxm-fires-shock-jock-anthony-cumia-host-opie-anthony-article-1.1855064

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Amphion posted:

The Daily News went to his house and talked to him

Notable for being the first to do so. It's kind of shameful journalism that none of these Gawker people even went through the trouble of trying to contact him for a statement out the gate. I guess maybe they took his tweets as his statement?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
It's pretty funny how he didn't even open the door and only gave them two sentences to work with.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 4, 2014

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Notable for being the first to do so. It's kind of shameful journalism that none of these Gawker people even went through the trouble of trying to contact him for a statement out the gate. I guess maybe they took his tweets as his statement?

Yeah, how come nobody tried to get the racist lunatic in the midst of a live Twitter tirade's side of it?!?!

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Tomahawk posted:

Yeah, how come nobody tried to get the racist lunatic in the midst of a live Twitter tirade's side of it?!?!

Would you say he's Literally a Sociopath?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Sankis posted:

Thanks, Obama

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Seriously. Like many right-wingers, he lost it after the 2008 election and has been hard to listen to since.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Surprised it took so long. Next, it will be Fez for being the anti-Cumia.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
http://youtubedoubler.com/cRjD

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

jesus christ this is perfect

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Nipplebox posted:

Seriously. Like many right-wingers, he lost it after the 2008 election and has been hard to listen to since.

He lost it then sure, but part of me thinks when Patrice died there's been absolutely nobody to ever challenge him on his views. Jimmy occasionally does and it usually comes off as Jim has no idea about anything he's actually saying.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

TwistedNails posted:

jesus christ this is perfect

yeah it gets funnier the longer you leave it on.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Ransom posted:

Listen to this and imagine them boxing up the mega phone, the slide whistle and his little n-word bell.

lmao

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

So so good. Goodbye Anthony, I'm sorry black kids used to beat you up in school

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
This handgun? Got it for the ladies.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I kinda lurk this thread once in a blue moon, I stopped listening to the boys probably 4 or 5 years ago. I was a die hard, regular listener since the days of WNEW, bought my XM sub the week they started. Ant's racism, Op's viral bullshit, and Jimmy never progressing past AIDS jokes really got old after awhile.

I was always more of a R&F fan, so we still have Ronnie. gently caress Fez, though. Ronnie is enough I suppose.

It's weird, I don't even care that Ant got shitcanned. It was long overdue.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
SiriusXM's Facebook page is getting Jocktobered now.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tr33 posted:

He lost it then sure, but part of me thinks when Patrice died there's been absolutely nobody to ever challenge him on his views. Jimmy occasionally does and it usually comes off as Jim has no idea about anything he's actually saying.

Yea back in the day Patrice would keep things steered to funny. Ant was always a stupid racist sack of poo poo, but Patrice had the skill and humor to keep him pushed in a direction where it's shock comedy instead of just a sad old man screaming about niggers for a bit. Without Patrice there to go 'what the gently caress man' and keep him funny he just became a piece of poo poo about things. No one else has the balls to say "Anthony, shut the gently caress up for a second" and try to make things go a better way.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

MullardEL34 posted:

SiriusXM's Facebook page is getting Jocktobered now.

Because the best thing to do now is to anger the suits against the show even further.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Because the best thing to do now is to anger the suits against the show even further.

We're dealing with Pests, not rational people.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

MullardEL34 posted:

We're dealing with Pests, not rational people.

True. Mind, they are funny as hell during Jocktober.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

This is the best thing ever! I was going to go this route though, since I'm a fan of the era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l39Wa34d7NE

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Kind of off topic but does anyone else get irrationally annoyed at Jimmy's constant use of "hat" jokes?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Earl weighed in on the Interrobang. Amazing how he can write like 12 paragraphs and not say anything.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I read that whole thing real fast and have no idea if Earl is upset or not at all

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Christ he is such Long Island trash. Just totally. He really did go off the deep end after Obama got elected.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Why would people cancel before Monday? It's bound to be an interesting show unless they put it on some temporary hiatus while they re-tool.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Kind of off topic but does anyone else get irrationally annoyed at Jimmy's constant use of "hat" jokes?

I love everything about the dumb hat and chip jokes.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
So, Monday, hopefully we'll have an idea where the show is going moving forward. Depending on what happens, I might close this thread. Anyone interested in making a new thread/threads? I haven't listened in over six months, I don't feel it's my place to do so.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Anthony should have really learned to shut his cakehorn and avoided this whole mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

lol

• Locked thread