Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Then they just need to both start playing some punk music and it will be like the 80's never ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

dr_rat posted:

Then they just need to both start playing some punk music and it will be like the 80's never ended.

'Oops, I Did it Again' would sew it up for me.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ms Boods posted:

Played by Craig Ferguson.

In this costume:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Metal Loaf posted:

In this costume:

Now I would believe that man had a horse-box shaped Tardis parked up at a fun fair.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Metal Loaf posted:

In this costume:

From left to right: an alternate universe's Master, Brigadier, Jamie, and the Doctor. :v:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Man, Craig Ferguson bears a striking resemblance to Robbie Williams.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Irish Joe posted:

Man, Craig Ferguson bears a striking resemblance to Robbie Williams.

Well have you ever seen them together?

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

A new teaser for Series 8:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0225wyr

Is that... Davros speaking?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

edit:^^ holy poo poo beaten haha

:siren: New teaser is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbX4tNG_k3s

Pretty sure that was Davros talking.
That just got me all excited.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I dunno, sounded like Nick Briggs with the lighter modulation he uses when he's playing a Dalek with a personality to me.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Okay, with that, I finally have to ask. How does it usually work with new episodes of Doctor Who and BBC America? Same day? Standard time slot? Week late?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

"I see beauty, divinity.. AATREK" :ohdear:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
After the rather disappointing appearance of Davros in the new series so far, I am looking forward to this. Maybe we even see Dalek Caan again, who was a pretty cool idea (haha, yeah, right).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

e X posted:

After the rather disappointing appearance of Davros in the new series so far, I am looking forward to this. Maybe we even see Dalek Caan again, who was a pretty cool idea (haha, yeah, right).

...Davros is the best part of Journey's End, though? :confused:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Whilst Davros would be cool, it also sounds to me like Morbius, when he's really wound up in his jar (just been revisiting Brain of Morbius).

Chex Warrior
Oct 26, 2007
I'm pretty sure that's the Emperor/PM/President/whatever of the Daleks from Asylum, as the line seems to be a callback to that episode's revelation that the Daleks have a concept of beauty (hatred).

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy poo poo the TARDIS explodes more in the two teaser trailers than a the bridge of the goddamn USS Enterprise. Lock that poo poo down, Doctor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

...Davros is the best part of Journey's End, though? :confused:

That's not saying much.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"Journey's End" was a great finale for Tennant's Doctor. Shame about the next year's specials.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU
Maybe the Dalek Time Controller? It originated in the audios but it was in a novel with Eleven recently...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cruel Rose posted:

Maybe the Dalek Time Controller? It originated in the audios but it was in a novel with Eleven recently...

Wrong way round, actually. Originated in that novel and Briggs took it to the audios.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Chex Warrior posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the Emperor/PM/President/whatever of the Daleks from Asylum, as the line seems to be a callback to that episode's revelation that the Daleks have a concept of beauty (hatred).

I'm 100% sure that's exactly who it is, yeah.

The Daleks are meant to turn up in the first couple of episodes, so presumably the new, scary Doctor's gonna go all medieval on them and Dalek Cameron will be all like 'good, feel the hatred flowing through you'. Then, no doubt, Capaldi will throw his lightsaber away at the end of the episode and say 'no, I remember now - I am the Doctor, like that guy before me, and he never would', and that'll be that.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU

Gaz-L posted:

Wrong way round, actually. Originated in that novel and Briggs took it to the audios.

It turned up in Patient Zero (2009) first and in the novel The Dalek Generation (2013). Chronologically for the Time Controller though, its first meeting with the Doctor is in the novel.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Barry Foster posted:

The Daleks are meant to turn up in the first couple of episodes, so presumably the new, scary Doctor's gonna go all medieval on them and Dalek Cameron will be all like 'good, feel the hatred flowing through you'. Then, no doubt, Capaldi will throw his lightsaber away at the end of the episode and say 'no, I remember now - I am the Doctor, like that guy before me, and he never would', and that'll be that.

This is exactly what's going to happen.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Barry Foster posted:

Ugh, you just popped my enthusiasm bubble. Here I was all excited to see Moffat's take on Davros, but you're right, it's going to be his OC emperor Dalek again. I get that Moffat is allowed to leave his mark on the series and everything, but the stuff he did in Asylum of the Daleks was just :bang:

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Ratspeaker posted:

Ugh, you just popped my enthusiasm bubble. Here I was all excited to see Moffat's take on Davros, but you're right, it's going to be his OC emperor Dalek again. I get that Moffat is allowed to leave his mark on the series and everything, but the stuff he did in Asylum of the Daleks was just :bang:

Everything about Asylum up until the maaaaaagic amnesia thing was p. sweet. It's one of the few times Moffat's rapidfire approach to worldbuilding has actually worked.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Okay, with that, I finally have to ask. How does it usually work with new episodes of Doctor Who and BBC America? Same day? Standard time slot? Week late?

It airs at 9PM eastern (I think. I may be off by an hour) on the same day it airs in the UK.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
You've got another 49 days until then anyway

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Diabolik900 posted:

It airs at 9PM eastern (I think. I may be off by an hour) on the same day it airs in the UK.

Good to know, thanks!

Babygravy posted:

You've got another 49 days until then anyway

I know. :negative:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

I still want it to be Morbius so that a new generation can be baffled by all the extra faces that show up when the Doctor and Morbius have a brain-off :colbert:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Best response to the series 9 news about Moffat.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Heads up: the first five scripts have apparently leaked, in full. This means that A) those of you who wanted to get your hands on some meaty spoilers probably can and B) if you're like me and hang around just for the little bits of info you can get from set photos, it's time to bow out of the thread for awhile. Expect full plots (with dialogue!) to be coming in soon.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Thanks for the heads-up. Looks like it's time for me to bring my bitching and speculation back to the main thread. I'm sure they'll appreciate it!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Someone PM me these plz (only for personal consumption, not to spread spoilers around the net).

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Since we're in the spoiler thread, can someone shamelessly spoil them for the rest of us please? Hugs and kisses in advance.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Apparently 4chan has them. I asked a friend to go snooping for me and he found them there almost immediately.

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Bicyclops posted:

Heads up: the first five scripts have apparently leaked, in full. This means that A) those of you who wanted to get your hands on some meaty spoilers probably can and B) if you're like me and hang around just for the little bits of info you can get from set photos, it's time to bow out of the thread for awhile. Expect full plots (with dialogue!) to be coming in soon.

Thanks for the warning, now I too can transition back to only reading the regular thread. I like hints and vague possibilities, but knowing straight up is a bummer. Even with 'rumors' there's still a big chance that they're wrong, even if they get a few bits right.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I've read a couple of tidbits without spoiling myself too far. These all sound like really interesting concepts! I can't wait!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I'd love a pm to the full scripts. I can't really spend time digging around for them while at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
seriously, it's the spoiler thread. post them here

• Locked thread