Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

mrkillboy posted:

A map with all your favorite movies as places on a map.

My favorite is Phone Booth at the bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010

Glad to see that the timecube guy got a job.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This was from a VentureBeat news story about Cyber-Bullying. I guess they think the latest trend in cyber-bullying is sending your target Powerpoint presentations?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

mrkillboy posted:

This picture is proof that cinema snobbery is little more than a more refined form of nerdy autism.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Happy 4th of July.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Liar Lyre posted:

My favorite is Phone Booth at the bottom.

I like Airplane!

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

mrkillboy posted:

This isn't funny; this is a list in a different format.

I mean, Jesus, who makes "Give My Regards To Broad Street" a highway instead of a meandering, boring road that goes straight up Paul McCartney's rear end?

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

It's

it's perfect

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mrkillboy posted:

Cape Fear is on there twice, once pointing off the map and another down by the lake.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
It's cool that, instead of covering their walls with newspaper clippings and creating webs of colored yarn, question marks, and thumb tacks, modern crazy people can work digitally and share their work with the entire world.

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!

FinalGamer posted:

It's

it's perfect

I only wish it were true.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

FinalGamer posted:

It's

it's perfect

Your fedora is on too tight if you think this is real.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

muscles like this? posted:

Cape Fear is on there twice, once pointing off the map and another down by the lake.

Once for the 1962 Gregory Peck original and again for the 1991 Robert DeNiro remake, obviously.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

FinalGamer posted:

It's

it's perfect

Glad to see their year long trolling effort on facebook is finally coming to it's obvious conclusion

Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin & The Monsanto Company

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Good Citizen posted:

Glad to see their year long trolling effort on facebook is finally coming to it's obvious conclusion

Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin & The Monsanto Company
Awwwwww...welp

that's what I get for not fact-checking tumblr, boy do I sure have cum on my face!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Latest Jaden Smith tweet.

Other crap.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

FinalGamer posted:

Awwwwww...welp

that's what I get for not fact-checking tumblr, boy do I sure have cum on my face!

Why would someone make this edit of a funny picture?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

A few more here.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

rakovsky maybe posted:

Your fedora is on too tight if you think this is real.

Holy poo poo. :tviv: :drat: :eyepop:

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dllo85ZSUk ??

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Ok then.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Glad I'm not the only one that thought of that.

FirstPlayer has a new favorite as of 16:24 on Jul 5, 2014

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Meatwave posted:

It's cool that, instead of covering their walls with newspaper clippings and creating webs of colored yarn, question marks, and thumb tacks, modern crazy people can work digitally and share their work with the entire world.

And we are all better for it.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

RJWaters2 posted:

Why would someone make this edit of a funny picture?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

FinalGamer posted:

It's

it's perfect

35-year-old Paul Horner is a weird thing to call a kid.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pookah posted:

Ok then.

That's perfectly reasonable health/safety advice, in a perfectly reasonable place.

That is to say: I don't get it.

Trevor Scantron
Nov 6, 2009
I bet it's even more confusing during high tide, or if it's a lake, then when the water level was higher because then I'd be all like "What rocks I only see water lol"

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

This one is totally worth listening to. Ignore the dumb video comments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZLc9lqQM0

Unrelated

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Nine years of sitting and snacking. I would have loved to have seen the middle years' data, Gapminder-style, as people move along the x-axis.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Trevor Scantron posted:

I bet it's even more confusing during high tide, or if it's a lake, then when the water level was higher because then I'd be all like "What rocks I only see water lol"

It's the sea and those rocks are never under water. It's a local mystery is what it is.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
It's just what comes out when an idiot tries to make a sign that says slippery when wet. Alternatively they were going on purpose for idiot-speak, since children are idiots and they're mainly trying to keep kids from slipping and splitting their skulls on rocks. Or just people in general with child-like mental faculties.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You guys do realise that swimming near rocks (as opposed to swimming near a more forgiving, sandy beach) is legitimately a bad idea, right?

Moving water is a lot stronger than it looks, and if you end up with waves smashing you against the rocks repeatedly you're basically dead. Especially if it's an area without real lifeguard coverage.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jabor posted:

You guys do realise that swimming near rocks (as opposed to swimming near a more forgiving, sandy beach) is legitimately a bad idea, right?

Swimming near rocks is bad. Swimming on rocks (which are out of the water) is hilarious.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Jabor posted:

Moving water is a lot stronger than it looks, and if you end up with waves smashing you against the rocks repeatedly you're basically dead. Especially if it's an area without real lifeguard coverage.

I think it might be more the swimming ON rocks thing but I'm not a professional swimmer or rock so could be wrong.

e:f;b

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Swimming near rocks is bad. Swimming on rocks (which are out of the water) is hilarious.

Whole bunch of people posting in this thread without realising if there are rocks above the water line, chances are real good there are rocks below the water line as well. The sign means "don't swim here fuckface, in case these rocks aren't enough of a warning, there's a poo poo ton more of them where you can't see them".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Memento posted:

Whole bunch of people posting in this thread without realising if there are rocks above the water line, chances are real good there are rocks below the water line as well. The sign means "don't swim here fuckface, in case these rocks aren't enough of a warning, there's a poo poo ton more of them where you can't see them".

No that would be swimming above the rocks.

Note that swimming on the rocks is actually safe and easy if you bring the correct equipment:

• Locked thread