Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Raeg posted:

Anthony should have really learned to shut his cakehorn and avoided this whole mess.

Yeah, and now he really is a stand alone fruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

TwistedNails posted:

I love everything about the dumb hat and chip jokes.

Me too. The shows where Jim is really tired are the best.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Raeg posted:

Anthony should have really learned to shut his cakehorn and avoided this whole mess.

People don't have the best social filter when they're angry and shitfaced drunk. Judging by the time Ant sent those tweets, he had to be in the bag, which fits with his earlier patterns of posting really, really, really borderline blatant racist poo poo on twitter in the early hours of the morning.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 5, 2014

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Tomahawk posted:

Yeah, how come nobody tried to get the racist lunatic in the midst of a live Twitter tirade's side of it?!?!

As a journalist, you're expected to make an attempt. Which is to say, clickbait headline hunters like Gawker hardly qualify as journalists.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised the CNN headline wasn't "NY Radio Host said WHAT"

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Niwrad posted:

Why would people cancel before Monday?

To get a retweet from Ant.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Jim just posted about it. So I guess Opie isn't even sure what happens next if Jim has no idea at the moment.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Anthony fired is the very top trending thing on my facebook list now and I'm not a fan of anything relating to the show on there

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bubba Smith posted:

Jim just posted about it. So I guess Opie isn't even sure what happens next if Jim has no idea at the moment.

That one is kind of sad. :(

Stefan Prodan posted:

Anthony fired is the very top trending thing on my facebook list now and I'm not a fan of anything relating to the show on there

Yep ...

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 5, 2014

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
I guess Ant hinted on twitter that a podcast is coming. I don't see how we find out anything about what's happening next unless a) Opie and Jimmy quit voluntarily or b) The contract runs out in October and they don't renew. I'm guessing probably October no matter what, because I'm sure there's a non-compete clause in the contract barring them from talking about another gig until the contract is up. That's just me speculating though.

I would be interested to see if the show could continue on in some way. It just seems unlikely at this point, I guess. And if they're gone, what has Sirius got left to offer for morning drive shows? Just Stern who is barely in anymore? loving Covino and Rich? I guess maybe they could try moving Ellis up to 9am PST.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TL posted:

So, Monday, hopefully we'll have an idea where the show is going moving forward. Depending on what happens, I might close this thread. Anyone interested in making a new thread/threads? I haven't listened in over six months, I don't feel it's my place to do so.
:gas:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Twitter is full of LOL poo poo.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

UncleMonkey posted:

I guess Ant hinted on twitter that a podcast is coming. I don't see how we find out anything about what's happening next unless a) Opie and Jimmy quit voluntarily or b) The contract runs out in October and they don't renew. I'm guessing probably October no matter what, because I'm sure there's a non-compete clause in the contract barring them from talking about another gig until the contract is up. That's just me speculating though.

I would be interested to see if the show could continue on in some way. It just seems unlikely at this point, I guess. And if they're gone, what has Sirius got left to offer for morning drive shows? Just Stern who is barely in anymore? loving Covino and Rich? I guess maybe they could try moving Ellis up to 9am PST.

I'm guessing that Ant will go it alone and Opie/Jimmy will do their best to try to keep the Sirius XM gravy train rolling. I just can't see them giving up guaranteed money.

I'm still hoping that a miracle happens and we get Ron & Opie featuring Pepper Hicks & Jim Norton.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 5, 2014

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I love how Ant is still on twitter, telling people to gently caress their mothers.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I was going to cancel if they didn't renew their contract (should have a long time ago). Now I can't cancel because it will look like I support Anthony "The Victim" Cumia.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I wish they would move Ellis to another channel for that matter. I like the music on Faction (I know, shut up) and every time I turn off from O&A I flip to Faction and then get mad that Ellis is on. Can't stand him.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Sure I hate his racist rants, but that fucker still makes me laugh.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
You guys are doing some hardcore SJWing in here

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

sba posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsLEwSnFMoE

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

sba posted:

Yeah, I'm sad Anthony is getting fired, it sucks. I wish Opie was the racist one instead :(

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Bubba Smith posted:

If I hadn't been following the drama the past few days, I would think that Cumia died. This reads like an obituary tweet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sba posted:

:lol: at people still acting like SJWing is a bad thing

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

sba posted:

If being an SJW means "laugh at an old racist pedophile who went Full Retard and tanked his own gig," then I guess we're SJWs or something, dude.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

sba posted:

If you're looking for unapologetic racism you should try Reddit

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Chris James 2 posted:

Jim Norton calls you "baby fascists".

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cory Lidle posted:

If being an SJW means "laugh at an old racist pedophile who went Full Retard and tanked his own gig," then I guess we're SJWs or something, dude.

You know you could pay me millions and all I'd need to be happy is a container of coffee and today's newspaper

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://twitter.com/eehhffeecckk/status/485221274277666816

This dude seems to not get why Anthony was fired... What an odd response.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
Nah, not me, I don't wanna hear a story about a racist shock jock, NRA member, republican, regular guest on Fox news, outspoken proponent of George Zimmerman, fan of Hitler who regularly fucks 17 year olds getting fired from his job. You know what stories I like? I wanna hear a story about a guy that got to the job at 5 to 9 and left at 5 after 5. He got there early and left late. Those are the real heroes.

Interlude
Jan 24, 2001

Guns are basically hand fedoras.

Chris James 2 posted:

When it's just a bunch of insufferable, unemployed millennials getting :smug: on a dying Internet forum and donating money to some sad brain who wants to cut his dick off, it's p bad.

O&A ran its course years ago. What's the point of alleged listeners having a circle jerk over the show basically going tits up? Why would you listen to a show starring an admitted bigot to begin with?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

I'm so sad this wasn't the get over it clip

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
He was trying to get upskirt photos of hookers at night and got caught.

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades

Interlude posted:

When it's just a bunch of insufferable, unemployed millennials getting :smug: on a dying Internet forum and donating money to some sad brain who wants to cut his dick off, it's p bad.

O&A ran its course years ago. What's the point of alleged listeners having a circle jerk over the show basically going tits up? Why would you listen to a show starring an admitted bigot to begin with?

BLLLLLLLEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
I have a stupid question not in anyway related to Tony bo boney getting shitchanned but this has been something I've been wondering for a long time. I've listened to O&A since like 2007, but I've never been big into Ron and Fez. People often refer to Fez speaking in the "Fez voice" which I assume is his "gay" voice. Is there like an example of him talking normally? Or is it something he used to do? Really, I know a lot of people love old Fez but I've never really listened to any old Ron and Fez stuff, and I'd love to give it a listen.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The "Fez Voice" was his voice ramped up to 11. His normal voice is still slightly effeminate but not the HAY BUDDIESSSS that you know and love.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
If you've only listened since 2007, you've never heard Fez voice outside of sparse moments like the Frank Watson show.

Street Soldier
Oct 28, 2005

An egotistical being like myself can't be allowed to live...

about_face posted:

He was trying to get upskirt photos of hookers at night and got caught.

What just because she's dressed like that means she's a hooker you loving CIS pig?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Cromulent posted:

I love how Ant is still on twitter, telling people to gently caress their mothers.

That I gotta give him credit for. The man does not waver

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, maybe Web Radio Classics is hiring.

EDIT: And judging from therealjon_'s screencap above and what I'm seeing now, about 3200 tweets from Anthony just went bye bye.

delfin fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 5, 2014

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

UncleMonkey posted:

guess. And if they're gone, what has Sirius got left to offer for morning drive shows? Just Stern who is barely in anymore? loving Covino and Rich? I guess maybe they could try moving Ellis up to 9am PST.

Sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

How Much Art posted:

That I gotta give him credit for. The man does not waver

You can take that back, he's deleting all of his tweets as we speak.

• Locked thread