Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Been leveling as F2P to see what its like during double XP week. It's leveling with rest XP for the most part, which is a substantial part of why subscribers have a more lenient leveling pace. You still need to do some side quests to keep up.

That said, subscribers should have a lot of fun blasting through levels like before.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/28/swtor-dailies-and-pve-endgame-gearing-in-1-5/

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I haven't played in a while, what is there to do for just solo dailies at the level cap? I don't have the subscription right now.

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

OzCavalier posted:

After umming-and-ahhing over starting a new tank character during Double XP week, I decided to transfer a 55 Jugg I had sitting idle on another server... now to set myself up with Oricon etc for that one too and show that not only do I suck as DPS in a raid, but I can suck at tanking too. ;)

Excellent! You can suck at tanking and I will suck at healing. Together we will be unstoppable!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Tezzeract posted:

Been leveling as F2P to see what its like during double XP week. It's leveling with rest XP for the most part, which is a substantial part of why subscribers have a more lenient leveling pace. You still need to do some side quests to keep up.

That said, subscribers should have a lot of fun blasting through levels like before.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/28/swtor-dailies-and-pve-endgame-gearing-in-1-5/

That link is incredibly out of date.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

That link is incredibly out of date.

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/14/swtor-level-55-endgame-gearing-guide/ is the more up to date one.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oz I just logged on to send you the implants I made for Rheranni but I apparently mailed them off last night in my blackout drunk state. Let me know if you didn't get them. :)

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Oz I just logged on to send you the implants I made for Rheranni but I apparently mailed them off last night in my blackout drunk state. Let me know if you didn't get them. :)

Of all the little annoying Are You Sure? pop-ups you can disable the "The person you are mailing this to is not in your Legacy, Friends list, or Guild" one always stays enabled for me.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Medullah posted:

An earpice and two implants. All good :)

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I'm pretty new to the game, and I have a feeling I'm either not understanding Adaptive Armor and Armor Modifications properly, or they're utter poo poo at low levels.

Currently level 17. The most recent chest armor I got gives +177 armor, +11 Strength, and +15 Endurance. A quick survey of Guardian/Might Mods for armor shows that gear that starts even coming close to these stats won't even be equippable by me until at least level 40. Am I missing something, just looking at the wrong mods?

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

-Fish- posted:

I'm pretty new to the game, and I have a feeling I'm either not understanding Adaptive Armor and Armor Modifications properly, or they're utter poo poo at low levels.

Currently level 17. The most recent chest armor I got gives +177 armor, +11 Strength, and +15 Endurance. A quick survey of Guardian/Might Mods for armor shows that gear that starts even coming close to these stats won't even be equippable by me until at least level 40. Am I missing something, just looking at the wrong mods?

I can't give exact numbers without being in game, but an armor's gear rating isn't the same as the armor it provides, I don't think, and keep in mind that when you're using mods that you're combining three different mods before you compare it to the whole other piece you got. Each orange/adaptive has an armoring, mod, and enhancement, without using all three it's going to be pretty weak. It's really really rare for me while leveling to find gear that's better than what I can make by buying mods with planetary commendations.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

-Fish- posted:

The armoring or hilt you insert determines the items level like armor rating or dps. The mod and enhancement are just bonus stats on top of that.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

That makes a great deal more sense. Thanks for the clarification!

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Who was it that got all pissed about the HK-47 quest?

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

raffie posted:

Who was it that got all pissed about the HK-47 quest?

I saw someone (don't recall who) in Guild chat commenting on how hard it was to find the compinet that's on Hoth, but don't recall them being overly pissy about it...

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Someone got real mad and ragequit late last night over it. Forget who though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How much experience are you missing out on by not being subscribed? Or is it really just rested exp that you don't get?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

We're at 500 members in TNG so if you've got an alt you haven't logged in for a while, do a quick log in of them before Oedzi starts trimming the people who haven't been on in a year. :)

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

I said come in! posted:

How much experience are you missing out on by not being subscribed? Or is it really just rested exp that you don't get?

Someone who was around for it can probably correct me, but I've heard that sometime after launch, they decided to give everyone a permanent 25% (or something close to that) XP boost. After they went f2p, they made that sub-only. So it's a 25% loss, but it's ultimately what you would've gotten had you been around at launch (minus the rest XP). I think.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

-Fish- posted:

That makes a great deal more sense. Thanks for the clarification!

I'm new too took awhile to make sense of that stuff. Do dailies and convert pvp currency to planetary commendations and you are floating in it. Get at least orange weapons for you and your companion and regularly update the main slot which costs 7 commendations. All quest and drop gear sucks in comparison. Harvest ugly orange drops in dungeons for the components for your favorite pieces.

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
Hoth was fine for me, it was finding the HK part on Dromund Kaas when I did it that killed me, four hours it took

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

BigDes posted:

Hoth was fine for me, it was finding the HK part on Dromund Kaas when I did it that killed me, four hours it took

Took me all of 10 minutes. Scrub. :smug:

(the piece on Taris, however, I never would have found without help. I was there for an hour and a half.)

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Crindee posted:

Someone who was around for it can probably correct me, but I've heard that sometime after launch, they decided to give everyone a permanent 25% (or something close to that) XP boost. After they went f2p, they made that sub-only. So it's a 25% loss, but it's ultimately what you would've gotten had you been around at launch (minus the rest XP). I think.

I believe this is correct for how it works now with one exception:

Subs get bonus exp. (+25%?)
Preferred gets launch exp. (+/- 0%)
Free to play does actually get like 20-25% less exp starting at level 10 or 20 or something.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Smoothrich posted:

I'm new too took awhile to make sense of that stuff. Do dailies and convert pvp currency to planetary commendations and you are floating in it. Get at least orange weapons for you and your companion and regularly update the main slot which costs 7 commendations. All quest and drop gear sucks in comparison. Harvest ugly orange drops in dungeons for the components for your favorite pieces.

I've been grinding through story missions with my wife almost exclusively but we've been feeling the need to make our characters :swoon:so very pretty:swoon:
Any recommendations for Daily missions suitable for 2 lvl-17 noobs?

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent

Blhue posted:

Someone got real mad and ragequit late last night over it. Forget who though.

Yeah it was the same guy. He was all RARGHH gently caress THIS *logoff*. Then some hours later he was back and still looking for the HK parts.

Sweetbabycakes or something? I hope he found his parts.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

-Fish- posted:

I've been grinding through story missions with my wife almost exclusively but we've been feeling the need to make our characters :swoon:so very pretty:swoon:
Any recommendations for Daily missions suitable for 2 lvl-17 noobs?

The dailies you get are the ones for Flashpoints/Grouping, PVP (Ground and Space) and Space Missions. The flashpoints are definitely worth doing.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

My assassin and powertech tanks are 55 now. I'll work on gearing them after double xp. Agent ~~might~~ get 55 before the 7th? Not sure.

Anyways, all four of my dudes have biochem/bioanalysis and either diplomacy or slicing...is this a bad thing?

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
Biochem is really useful for raiding just because of the reusable stims, adrenals, and med kits. The other professions may be better for trying to make some cash, but for raiding I go biochem.

The other 2 skills can be whatever really. I use scavenge and slicing on a lot of my characters but some people like underworld trading for selling blue metals on the gtn.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hate that i've hit the limit on my warzone commendations and I can't do anything with them. My commando is level 46, I have all of the level 40 pvp gear and as far as I know the level 50 gear was removed from the game and can't buy the 55 gear until you're actually level 55 which is such a silly restriction.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

I said come in! posted:

I hate that i've hit the limit on my warzone commendations and I can't do anything with them. My commando is level 46, I have all of the level 40 pvp gear and as far as I know the level 50 gear was removed from the game and can't buy the 55 gear until you're actually level 55 which is such a silly restriction.

Have you hit your Ranked WZ comm limit as well? Once you get to Valor 40 you can start trading regular comms for ranked at 3:1. Since the limit for Ranked WZ comms is 4500 (I think) that means you can spend up to another 13500 regular comms. Having at least 2600 RWZ comms lets you buy both of your Brutalizer relics immediately at hitting 55. If you already did that pretty much the only thing to do is buy endless supplies of credit boxes for 50 WZ comms each.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xyretire posted:

Have you hit your Ranked WZ comm limit as well? Once you get to Valor 40 you can start trading regular comms for ranked at 3:1. Since the limit for Ranked WZ comms is 4500 (I think) that means you can spend up to another 13500 regular comms. Having at least 2600 RWZ comms lets you buy both of your Brutalizer relics immediately at hitting 55. If you already did that pretty much the only thing to do is buy endless supplies of credit boxes for 50 WZ comms each.

:doh: I forgot about those. I haven't played in a while. Still silly how many unnecessary restrictions Bioware puts on this game.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Buy PvP weapons from the vendor by the mission term on fleet and trade them back before the timer runs out. Buy a weapon every time you hit 900 comms then sell back/re-buy any weapons you already had two at a time. Keep rotating them and you can hold as many comms as you want. It is silly and the devs have explicitly stated on the official forums they don't mind this practice so there you go.

I almost always PvP from lvl 10 on and usually hit 55 with about 90k comms. At 46 you could still easily hit the 14k comms you need for full Obroan at 55. The gearing priority for PvP is Relics -> Set Bonus Armor Pieces -> Ear/Implants -> Belt/Bracer -> Weapon/Off-Hand. People tend to think Weapon/Off-Hand first but they get the best boost from Bolster so can wait, just make sure you have War Hero crystals.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Buy PvP weapons from the vendor by the mission term on fleet and trade them back before the timer runs out. Buy a weapon every time you hit 900 comms then sell back/re-buy any weapons you already had two at a time. Keep rotating them and you can hold as many comms as you want. It is silly and the devs have explicitly stated on the official forums they don't mind this practice so there you go.

I almost always PvP from lvl 10 on and usually hit 55 with about 90k comms. At 46 you could still easily hit the 14k comms you need for full Obroan at 55. The gearing priority for PvP is Relics -> Set Bonus Armor Pieces -> Ear/Implants -> Belt/Bracer -> Weapon/Off-Hand. People tend to think Weapon/Off-Hand first but they get the best boost from Bolster so can wait, just make sure you have War Hero crystals.

Thank you for the tip! I just want Bioware to stop being special snowflakes and remove all of these restrictions and paywalls. TOR is the only MMO is consistently come back to but its getting harder and harder each time to care.

ohsodark1986
Oct 6, 2008

Medullah posted:

We're at 500 members in TNG so if you've got an alt you haven't logged in for a while, do a quick log in of them before Oedzi starts trimming the people who haven't been on in a year. :)

I'm logging in today and I apologize for my absence. Between my pc blowing up and my tooth it's been a fun couple of weeks. See y'all shortly just waiting for the patch.

Swiddlefiddler
Jul 3, 2011
Anyone willing to blast through the two daily Makeb heroics and the weekly with me on Monday? Been having nothing but trouble trying to find people for it via general chat lately.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Swiddlefiddler posted:

Anyone willing to blast through the two daily Makeb heroics and the weekly with me on Monday? Been having nothing but trouble trying to find people for it via general chat lately.

Here comes a series of stupid questions; How geared do you have to be? My Sith Inquisitor is in useless pvp gear and not even the new level 55 set at that. I can do probably bad DPS.

Swiddlefiddler
Jul 3, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Here comes a series of stupid questions; How geared do you have to be? My Sith Inquisitor is in useless pvp gear and not even the new level 55 set at that. I can do probably bad DPS.

You don't really have to be geared at all, as long as we have a healer companion or two we'd probably be fine as long as you're not at 13k health or something.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

I said come in! posted:

If you're 55 and on Jedi Covenant, the guild can help you out. Otherwise, its not too bad to find someone willing to help get you the starter raid gear.

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

I can help out either Empire or Republic side.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
What are the differences between the gameplay of a sniper and an operative? I am used to playing a jedi sentinel and I do enjoy that hectic type of gameplay, so is an operative DPS a better choice for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Sniper is ranged stationary DPS gameplay, Operative is (essentially melee) stealthy mobile gameplay with heal capability.

• Locked thread