Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005
The joy of logging into double XP weekend, pulling a random warpgate prowler, and immediately finding a Blue Lions armor zerg to flank and annihilate. It's what those patriots fought so hard for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

This reminds me, what pistol does everybody here use on their NC? I've got this constant dilemna where I never know what pistol I want because between the Commish, Rebel, Mag Shot, and Desperado (and soon to be Mag-Scatter maybe) they just all seem so...good at everything you need a pistol to be and good at most other things beside

Generally I run the Rebel because I'm a versatility whore and I loooooove the 15m max damage range (most pistols are 6-8m, most other guns 10m) and meaty PUNCH of the gun and the firing sound, but sometimes I get bored and use my Mag Shot and it's just as freaking deadly, or I use my Desperado and it's basically just a faster reloading faster firing Underboss with +1 click before it runs dry!

MAX suits also work for anti-sniper duties, especially if you're NC and pull a Falcon MAX

I use the Rebel on my NC guy, it's a a better Cerberus at half the cost.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

roxxor5678 posted:

The joy of logging into double XP weekend, pulling a random warpgate prowler, and immediately finding a Blue Lions armor zerg to flank and annihilate. It's what those patriots fought so hard for.

Which is better: Vanguard or Prowler?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Periphery posted:

A competent, self-aware player. Vangaurd :ssh:

roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005

Periphery posted:

If I had the choice it would always be dear vanguard, but the prowler is a fun change of pace. I like that the anchor ability allows for decision-making more interesting than "SCREEN FLASH RED PRESS SHIELD BUTTON".

For farming oblivious of packs of armor the prowler definitely excels. I was driving around random hilltops with Omorte on halberd, anchoring and just erasing caravans of stuff out to render range in 30 or 40 seconds. The rate it puts out damage (and eats through ammo) is off the charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9oCllFzgHY

I think this is the end of our opening flank. Omorte was yelling at me about anchoring directly in front of their vehicle bay but I was overtaken by sunderlust. If I hadn't run out of ammo there at the last second we surely could have killed everything.

roxxor5678 fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 5, 2014

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

radintorov posted:

That's how you can tell a bad milsperg wannabe from someone who has actually served somewhere: most people I know that have served or are currently serving are surprisingly chill dudes.

It's not that surprising; most people wouldn't be interested in roleolaying their job either.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

This reminds me, what pistol does everybody here use on their NC? I've got this constant dilemna where I never know what pistol I want because between the Commish, Rebel, Mag Shot, and Desperado (and soon to be Mag-Scatter maybe) they just all seem so...good at everything you need a pistol to be and good at most other things beside

Generally I run the Rebel because I'm a versatility whore and I loooooove the 15m max damage range (most pistols are 6-8m, most other guns 10m) and meaty PUNCH of the gun and the firing sound, but sometimes I get bored and use my Mag Shot and it's just as freaking deadly, or I use my Desperado and it's basically just a faster reloading faster firing Underboss with +1 click before it runs dry!

I use the Commissioner but I plan on using the golden Mag Shot in the future.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I like the underboss with laser. Great for finishing off targets if your rifle's mag runs dry too early. I can't aim for poo poo when using the irons, though.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

haakman posted:

This game is hard. I am poo poo at it. I can be 1 on 1 with someone and they always seem to kill me in 2 shots whilst I unload a whole clip at them.

Also snipers ruin this for me.

Whine over. Back to running into bullets.

How long have you been playing? What's your play style?

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Periphery posted:

That depends. I'd say as far as anti-vehicle work goes, the Vanguard is King. But if you have a competent player, and maybe even a competent gunner to go along with him, in a lock-down AP Prowler with a very good vantage point they will completely shut down most anything within render range. Including Vanguards if those Vanguard drivers are dumb or unfortunate. The Prowler is a little more versatile in that it can farm vehicles pretty much as effectively as it can farm infantry with the proper loadouts. That makes it a pretty good all-rounder MBT that also has a ridiculous DPS output in the proper hands.

Ultimately, though, the Vanguard is better in its chosen profession. It can absorb way more damage and its gently caress-you alpha cannon now has stabilization so any tank fight leans in favor of the Vanguard more so than in the past. I enjoy using both the Magrider and the Prowler, but the Vanguard holds a special place in my heart after having used it since launch. The Vanguard isn't ideal for infantry work, but if you're an accurate shot you'll make out all right at mans shooting. You just won't do as well as a Prowler or a PPA Magrider would at the same task.*

*Disclaimer, being that you (Periphery) are in GOON I have to assume you already know this. This is for the benefit of any new goons looking to play that are, for some reason, several pages deep into this thread instead of playing this game right now this very second.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Epic High Five posted:

This reminds me, what pistol does everybody here use on their NC?
I used to use a Commissioner with a pink laser sight but now I have a Gold Mag-Shot so obviously I have to use that. Pretty sure the Commissioner is better though so far

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Nakar posted:

We warpgated NC earlier that evening, then literally everyone in GOKU logged out at once and suddenly all VS pop on Hossin was anywhere but either front. Where'd they go? :iiam:

They all went to ghost cap other bases. I will never get over that stupid poo poo Dapp did, completely pulling out when we almost had TR's tech plant to send 3 squads each to 2 different bases to ghost cap them.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

I used to use a Commissioner with a pink laser sight but now I have a Gold Mag-Shot so obviously I have to use that. Pretty sure the Commissioner is better though so far

I like to pretend the Commissioner is a NC pistol that happens to be common pool.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I like to pretend the Commissioner is a NC pistol that happens to be common pool.

Because it is. :ssh:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

This video is a couple months old, but I don't know if it's been posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tya8HVkkBOc

I don't know what's cooler: NC's cowboy hat, or TR's Robocop helmet.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I love making 200 certs in less than 10 minutes. Medic for life.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

haakman posted:

This game is hard. I am poo poo at it. I can be 1 on 1 with someone and they always seem to kill me in 2 shots whilst I unload a whole clip at them.

Also snipers ruin this for me.

Whine over. Back to running into bullets.

What faction are you playing and what guns do you use? What is your preferred playstyle? Do you like to get up into dick sucking range of mans and put your gun in their butt, or do you like to hang back and jerk off while giving your mans bullets to shoot? Maybe you like to fill the corpses of your friends with hot, gooey nanites to bring them back to life.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 5, 2014

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Breakfast All Day posted:

For the first time since the merge tonight was like playing on Waterson again. Which is to say, VS running around like idiots, just shooting at the first thing they see, never stopping to defend, not protecting sundies, and ultimately getting rolled. I solo blew the north gen at mulac four times in a row because none of the 60+ VS there could be bothered to play objectives.

Which I guess proves Mattherson VS have lives because they're out doing stuff for the holiday.

To be fair Mattherson VS wasn't great at defending their own sundies before the merge either.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

There is no such thing as defending your sundy, you can maybe kill 1-2 lone wolf LA's who try to blow it up but if someones smart about it you dont defend them.

They need to add special sundy attachments that only turn on when the sundy is deployed. Push all deploy zones out to 100m+ and make deployed sundys basically a super bitch to kill requiring a huge effort to destroy. The goal would be to make certain sundys almost impossible to kill if you choose the wrong way to kill it--do you try to destroy it with armor or do you send infantry at it? When the sundy deploys have it activate a shield that absorbs 25k damage and when its deployed the defense slots give a passive bonus to the deployed sundy.

Deployed sundy+Blockade: 70% damage mitigation from all vehicle weapons.
Deployed sundy+Mineguard: 70% damage mitigation from infantry based weapons.
Change repair/ammo into a single loadout intended more for a battle bus rather then a deploy sundy.

The AMS deploying a shield will also ensure you cant have absurd repair sundy gang bangs because its a shield that doesn't get affected. The shield will regen so late night fights wont loving end because someone is slowly plinking away at the sundy.

Change all sundy sheds into little towers so people spawning from the sundy can properly defend themselves without worrying about their now super spawn point being camped. Move the sundy towers a little further from the base to represent the fact that attackers now basically have a very strong spawn. You can deploy the sundy closer sure but its going to be vulnerable to fire.

Lets make it clear 25k hps is not much more then a galaxy and imagine 12 people firing at a sundy.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I'm finally starting to get why everyone's always picking on you in this thread, Arghy...

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I've been rolling max stealth Sunderers lately and haven't looked back. Not being able to easily locate the thing via proximity is a better defense than some percentage reduction in damage once it's under fire.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I unironically agree with Arghy. Attackers have to keep their grit up, defenders just have to get lucky and the fight is over. It's why GOKU rapid redeploys are so good, and so common. It's a team objective so why can one person bring it down?

Supposedly they added something new into the test server files called Sundy shield. Current guess is it acts as both mineguard and blockade armor, but only when deployed.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

magic mountain posted:

I'm finally starting to get why everyone's always picking on you in this thread, Arghy...

Is it because nerds like to oppress the only good poster in Games?

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Gobblecoque posted:

Is it because nerds like to oppress the only good poster in Games?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Despite it being double xp and there being plenty of people online, there's pretty much nothing happening on Emerald right now. It seems that all the factions on all the continents are getting ghost-capped by VS despite having just about equal population.

Also, when I got past the queue for Hossin and tried to spawn at a base there it somehow managed to spawn me at Tawrich on Indar of all places Jesus Christ SOE fix your loving spawn system already

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gobblecoque posted:

Despite it being double xp and there being plenty of people online, there's pretty much nothing happening on Emerald right now. It seems that all the factions on all the continents are getting ghost-capped by VS despite having just about equal population.

Also, when I got past the queue for Hossin and tried to spawn at a base there it somehow managed to spawn me at Tawrich on Indar of all places Jesus Christ SOE fix your loving spawn system already

Die at one base, pick squad Gal in hex, spawn 6 hexes away, redeploy and select to spawn into a Sundie, spawn in a Gal on another continent :psyduck:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Did they nerf the UBGL at some point because I can't seem to farm xp with it like before anymore. :smith:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Does anybody else have an issue where RenderQuality=1.000000 is horribly glitchy but anything lower works fine, even 0.999999?

I don't trust that 0.000001 not to cause some weird issue that I can't immediately see.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

keyframe posted:

Did they nerf the UBGL at some point because I can't seem to farm xp with it like before anymore. :smith:

They did one major change; they gave it almost double the drop so it just falls out of the tube. It also lost the ability to one hit kill with splash. They really should undo the gravity change.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Westy543 posted:

I unironically agree with Arghy. Attackers have to keep their grit up, defenders just have to get lucky and the fight is over. It's why GOKU rapid redeploys are so good, and so common. It's a team objective so why can one person bring it down?

Because if you let one person bring your advance to a halt by having only one sunderer and then letting it get killed, then you weren't playing as a team anyway.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Keeshhound posted:

Because if you let one person bring your advance to a halt by having only one sunderer and then letting it get killed, then you weren't playing as a team anyway.

Doesn't matter if you bring 1 or 4, a mass redeploy can kill the fight fast instead of creating a fight. Right now to sustain an attack in a large battle you need about 8.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Double XP and not one person in my platoon wanted to gun my magrider's PPA, I even dropped a beacon next to it so somebody could spawn right to it if they wanted to. Some random blue jumped in and racked up about thirty kills in under seven minutes while we were waiting for a generator to come down so I could even drive into a base.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

PHX is my new favorite outfit. I love how they stubbornly continue to throw themselves into enemy gunfire. I made about 700 certs in 2 hours thanks to them.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Here's how you defend a sundy: Get two bulldogs with thermals and park it somewhere that the gunners can easily shell the enemy. You'll get a couple of pubbies to guard that thing with their lives until it runs out of ammo.

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons
I think we somehow managed to liberate Emerald from running Amerish altogether.

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap

Avulsion posted:

Here's how you defend a sundy: Get two bulldogs with thermals and park it somewhere that the gunners can easily shell the enemy. You'll get a couple of pubbies to guard that thing with their lives until it runs out of ammo.

and then a Galaxy full of HAs drops on it with decimators and instagib it because GALAXIES are #1.

I'd like to see something other than a sundy for global spawns. Something like a faction spawn beacon would be cool. Something that would allow squads and platoons to setup a network of spawn points that weren't as obvious as a deployed sunderer but fulfilled the same role.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RIP server

That was a fun little cont block on the VS on Amerish. Despite getting zero help from the TR (they made up like 11% of the cont pop, max), we managed to gain enough ground to put it out of reach. Haven't had an entire platoon to boss around before and it was nice to really flex some muscle again. Gotta figure out why the pubbie hordes kept following us though. Probably the yell domination

Then it was off to Hossin to prevent the VS attempting the same there. Cont domination is pretty much the worst meta, I hope this doesn't continue

Of course it was super sweet having half price Vanguards all day during double exp

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I love when NC gets a mechanized discount because we just get to lance twice as much poo poo.

Also, gently caress Nason's Defiance. Why does SoE insist on making the base in the middle of the continent a complete pain in the rear end?

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

sitchelin posted:

I love when NC gets a mechanized discount because we just get to lance twice as much poo poo.

Also, gently caress Nason's Defiance. Why does SoE insist on making the base in the middle of the continent a complete pain in the rear end?

I sent a squad there to take it today because it was only 1-12, they reinforced, sent another squad to support, they massively reinforced, three full squads and we still couldn't cap it. We did however get some crazy XP and it was a fun fight. The base has a pretty good design to it so it doesn't really turn into a farm for either side during a big fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My condolences to the NC goons for what your pubbies did in the southwest lane all night tonight.

• Locked thread