Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
when will they release the Netch Farming Simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxmbfvycbv0

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

quoting that here too

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Morrowind was art. It surpassed the limitations of the medium.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I'll say this for the story/back ground. It was really only doable in game form. It wouldn't have really worked well as a novel or movie.

I wish more people remembered all of Vivec's dialogue. People remember meeting him for the first time and seeing that he really does have godly power, but they remember less of what he says/can say to them. His dialogue does a lot to flesh out what Dagoth Ur's methods are and fill in blanks that you could otherwise miss.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l83vT2svg3g

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

i want to suck and gently caress dagoth ur.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8-cNJSDdg8
This guy is powerful

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

garth ferengi posted:

i want to suck and gently caress dagoth ur.

He's got corprus he's damaged goods

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

corprus just represents the love of dagoth ur

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

The Sharmat posted:

corpus is like that magical virus in the DOOM movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueKhVcqQBtg
some people go demon, other people go CHIM.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
are you saying Dagoth Ur had CHIM because that's some major heresy

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

The Sharmat posted:

One might say it's a progress of truth sorting out fact from fiction.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Progress_of_Truth

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

infected gods do it better

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
It's a shame the technology at the time couldn't do the concept justice. In the concept art (and also in some of the documents in Vivec's palace) it's stated that corprus flesh is undifferentiated, protean matter and that someone with sufficient willpower can control its shape. In one bit of Dagoth Ur concept art in the art book he's sprouting a bunch of tentacles and poo poo out of one of his hands. If he grew appendages to attack you with and crap during the final battle it would have been a lot cooler.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

It's a shame the technology at the time couldn't do the concept justice. In the concept art (and also in some of the documents in Vivec's palace) it's stated that corprus flesh is undifferentiated, protean matter and that someone with sufficient willpower can control its shape. In one bit of Dagoth Ur concept art in the art book he's sprouting a bunch of tentacles and poo poo out of one of his hands. If he grew appendages to attack you with and crap during the final battle it would have been a lot cooler.

imagine how lovely it wouldve looked if bethesda did try to animate something like that

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
good point

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

In fifth grade I made a CG animation of a sphere with conical arms and legs and ears extruded out of it doing bad kung-fu. It would be like that but worse.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

pozz my neg vag

its really hosed up that the main quest didnt let you turn into some horrible corprus monstrosity with a sax for a nose

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

i was not aware that spell projectiles can collide with one another and cancel each other out its p.cool

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
You guys jump off the tops of the cantons and glide down the pillars or walls to get down to the ground floor instead of taking the stairs, right?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

You guys jump off the tops of the cantons and glide down the pillars or walls to get down to the ground floor instead of taking the stairs, right?

There are stairs?

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

of course

it's hosed up that your acrobatics skill can start out low enough that you can't even hop the canton guardwalls though.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

The Sharmat posted:

he's got a hosed up quasi-chim, he knows he exists within a dream but he thinks he's the dreamer. See: Referred to as the False Dreamer in all the MK junk, the whole "sleeper" gimmick he's got going on

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SunAndSpring posted:

in morroblivion you can get hella momentum sliding down and it's fun

gently caress all conventional movement though, nerevarine hates the ground

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

hailthefish posted:

There are stairs?

only for grinding acrobatics

hup hup hup hup hup hup hup hup

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
i was just walking my dog and without realizing it told him to poop quickly outlander or go away

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

i was just walking my dog and without realizing it told him to poop quickly outlander or go away

Did you follow up with "I could kill that dog. Those boots are ruined..."

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

SunAndSpring posted:

i found out really quick that if you jump and land while looking exactly straight down you take no fall damage. great for getting down cantons instantly

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

IIRC you can also just run off the edge of a cliff - without jumping - and you'll take no fall damage when you land.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

look at these people and laugh. They're not cool enough for the :catdrugs: Morrowind thread :snoop:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Clark Nova posted:

IIRC you can also just run off the edge of a cliff - without jumping - and you'll take no fall damage when you land.

It was just for sliding off an object and landing on that same object. The two I know of are cantons and mushroom towers. I'd be surprised if most cliffs worked in the same fashion.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

look at these people and laugh. They're not cool enough for the :catdrugs: Morrowind thread :snoop:

is this a rock-paper-scissors review of skyrim

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

LaTex Fetish posted:

is this a rock-paper-scissors review of skyrim

looks like the official forums
:laffo: that place is nutso

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

back in the dark days of '06 I got banned from the official forums when i started criticising oblivion, the excuse was that i was posting obscene links in a thread i had never posted in or seen in my life

when i asked what was going on the mod said "lol i dunno but we have to ban you now because we told you we were going to"

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

i'm not actually going to read that, but i'm going to assume it's really bad and give it a firm 'lol'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

back in the dark days of '06 I got banned from the official forums when i started criticising oblivion, the excuse was that i was posting obscene links in a thread i had never posted in or seen in my life

when i asked what was going on the mod said "lol i dunno but we have to ban you now because we told you we were going to"

I got banned for a week on the Bethesda forums for saying Fallout 3 had bad and tiny textures and for saying, "I want whatever that guy is smoking" in a completely separate thread about funny YouTube videos. The reasoning for the former was because I was "lying and spreading misinformation" and the reasoning for the latter was, I poo poo you not, "advocating drug use".

• Locked thread