Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

jetz0r posted:

Tuesday then, hopefully I'm not busy building bear fences.

Shang came, he seemed really cool. Got in vent and chatted a bit. We beat DH1 for the first time with him, once people stopped casting swarm pets.

Now we work on bixie 1 and hof2! They seem kinda similar on the surface. Looks like we need some ultra solid tanks, and to double or triple our DPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qxx
Dec 2, 2005

Only the wrong survive.
Shang isn't cool. Shang is a motherfuck.

Nahhhhhhh he's alright tho

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I think test got inflated by people from live. Live goes into summer-slump, people testcopy to play here. Except now all those people realize why the summer-slump exists and don't login here either. Gonna be a hard few weeks/months. Luckily I'm leveling a necro, it really is a fun class, and learning how to play casters is another challenge.

Epic 2.5 already done! Probably like a 15% increase in dmg versus all our other necros right there. Gonna be fun shittin up some RoF raids with.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Beta server is up for Argin-Hiz.

Zone looks alright for a city, has a bunch of weird zone bugs, and I have no clue what to do in the first HA.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

darkhand posted:

Epic 2.5 already done! Probably like a 15% increase in dmg versus all our other necros right there. Gonna be fun shittin up some RoF raids with.

Pfffff mine has 2.5 too :smugdog:

Shang and Romance are cool as poo poo. Laughed my rear end off at them last night. Errybody in LoB who matters likes you guys coming along when you feel like it, so keep on coming :v:

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
I have a 56 zerker now. I got invited to Godfather and figured why not.

I still miss full groups of people adventuring into danger to grind. Ah well.

Questions: Is it worth getting my merc gear?

Best way as a zerker to grind AAs?

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Are more people playing on Test or Luclin these days?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

We're scattered everywhere now. Probably more on Test, think only one goon's on Luclin now? Goonchat's basically Raidchat with occasional random people in it these days tho.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I forgot there was a goonchat. Is it still goonchat/lljk?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

serverwide.gchat:fygm

The de facto goon server and guild is Xegony and RoI. All the others are just short lived pretenders.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ya same serverwide channel. It's just full of people who raid and basically nobody else, so you get to listen to us bitch mostly.

^Ain't nobody wanna be in your trash guild with scrubs. We're busy doing real work and accomplishing things.

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 6, 2014

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

Ya same serverwide channel. It's just full of people who raid and basically nobody else, so you get to listen to us bitch mostly.

^Ain't nobody wanna be in your trash guild with scrubs. We're busy doing real work and accomplishing things.

We really are just a bunch of casuals that play once a week.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Look what I found! OH THE MEMORIESSSSS

I miss you guys from eq Goonpocalypse who don't still play :(

On3moresoul
Apr 22, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a website where I can search through the items with weights/filters that doesnt require a subscription? That was pretty disappointing to discover.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

On3moresoul posted:

Is there a website where I can search through the items with weights/filters that doesnt require a subscription? That was pretty disappointing to discover.

Except for augs, it honestly stopped mattering.

Each expansion has 2-4 tiers of gear, for each of raid and group.

There might be some overlap in quality between expansions, but higher tiers have better gear. http://cotf.eqresource.com/groupgear.php sort by whatever heroic stat you care about most, and that should show you the item/template you want. Go to other expansion's pages if CotF is too high for you.

Oops, looked at your post history and saw level 35.

Do a bazaar search for defiant and cap it at your level. That should fill out your visible slots, then you can do the hotzone quests from PoK to get 3 of the non-vis items. Then you can do some bazaar searching for the unfilled slots. Camping gear at low levels isn't a thing anymore. You shouldn't be spending long enough at those levels for it to matter.

After you get some gear, hire the best tank merc you can, and go kill some classic or kunark mobs around your level.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

MrTheDevious posted:

I miss you guys from eq Goonpocalypse who don't still play :(

But we still read the thread, and most of EQ is reading the chat window, so it's basically the same!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
My life is never going to be complete until I see the chat logs of goon Luclin trolling and especially the Butt Doctor.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I sadly no longer have logs or SS of Gnonotmybutt, but I'm here to say that your life will not, in fact, ever be complete without that glorious bastard.

Not a single one of SA's griefing thread's 5k+ posts even comes close. Butt Doctor was too beautiful for this world.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I'm still playing regularly on AB, although in Euro timezone. I'm grinding my way through all of HoT (including all achievements) plus random stuff along the way.

I'm too cheap to buy expansions, so I'm stuck with VoA. Looking forward to when RoF becomes free later in the year.

On3moresoul posted:

There's still 13th floor, which has a basic search (which they call Advanced), plus a "guru search" where you can search for raw attribute values.

http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/ufsearch.php

Alas, the latest items are from 2012, but it's still very useful. Any item made since 2012 is 99% formula-based anyway, unlike old gear where the stats and power is all over the place.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Pilsner, sounds like you don't use most of the benefits of playing on live. So come to test and play a paladin and become a literal god among insects. If in a year you get free ROF on live then you can go back. Win/win.

For real though test is pretty bad if:
You suck or all your friends suck.
Or you want to be at the top of the raiding game.

Otherwise it's exactly like a low pop live server, but cheaper.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

darkhand posted:

Pilsner, sounds like you don't use most of the benefits of playing on live. So come to test and play a paladin and become a literal god among insects. If in a year you get free ROF on live then you can go back. Win/win.

Stop trying to use the thread to trap people in your crappy guild~

(Top = any of the 43 guilds who have cleared T1a and T1b?)

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Only crappy cuz we have no people, that's what I'm trying to fix!

poo poo man I didn't even know there was 43 raiding guilds in the game, is that typical to have so many at the "high-end" at the end of an era? Or is cotf just easy?

If I could transfer off test and join ~A Real Guild~ I would probably but for now I'll just wallow in self misery. Leveling a warrior on live would suck, getting necro 2.5 on live would suck.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 9, 2014

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

darkhand posted:

Only crappy cuz we have no people, that's what I'm trying to fix!

poo poo man I didn't even know there was 43 raiding guilds in the game, is that typical to have so many at the "high-end" at the end of an era? Or is cotf just easy?

If I could transfer off test and join ~A Real Guild~ I would probably but for now I'll just wallow in self misery. Leveling a warrior on live would suck, getting necro 2.5 on live would suck.

CotF is really easy. Even Zek had it cleared pretty quick, and they're bad.

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/index.php?expansion=CotFOverall

43 have cleared T1, 21 have cleared rot. The raid scene is doing a lot better than it was during VoA. But raids have been getting pretty easy and spread out. Before PoWar and rot, the last hard raids that delayed RoI and MS was the RoF T1/T2 launch. Now they might be doing initial tuning towards us, then tuning down a month later.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

CotF is really easy. Even Zek had it cleared pretty quick, and they're bad.

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/index.php?expansion=CotFOverall

43 have cleared T1, 21 have cleared rot. The raid scene is doing a lot better than it was during VoA. But raids have been getting pretty easy and spread out. Before PoWar and rot, the last hard raids that delayed RoI and MS was the RoF T1/T2 launch. Now they might be doing initial tuning towards us, then tuning down a month later.

It felt really good beta testing War for 47 days and I don't know how many hours so they could turn it into a tier 1.1 difficulty raid.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

darkhand posted:

Otherwise it's exactly like a low pop live server, but cheaper.
Hehe I know, I played heavily on Test last year and have a level 100 clone of my Monk and Shaman there. :P

I returned to Live since I'm a very strange person when it comes to MMORPGs; I felt like Test was cheating due to the worthlessness of plat and gear. I just like farming plat and stuff legit. :)

Crunk Magnet
Feb 19, 2004
Poop Soup
Does anyone still play on live, and if so what server? I just tried out Wildstar and holy poo poo does it suck. If you are raiding, that is a definite plus.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Crunk Magnet posted:

Does anyone still play on live, and if so what server? I just tried out Wildstar and holy poo poo does it suck. If you are raiding, that is a definite plus.

Going by posts in the thread and serverwide.gchat population, I think Xegony has the most, followed by Bristlebane, then like Luclin and Vox? None of us on live are in goon guilds or anything like that, though.

Almost everyone in gchat raids, Xegony is filled with elitist RoI assholes.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 9, 2014

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Oh yeah! Was shooting for one Quentin's Outfit, but ended up getting two in succession, and found out it's good for my Shaman. Check out my pro team:

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.
I created a heroic necro on Vox. Server seems to have a decent amount of people, although I've done mostly solo so far.

Not sure what my plans are, I was kind of upset when my 6 man box team went down with the eqmac server, and definitely don't have the patience to do that again which is why I went with a necro.

Anyone else on Vox?

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
I box an 85 bard / 85 wiz on Vox. Add Banjoboss to friends and shoot me a tell sometime.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

HoF2 down! Yay! What a cool series of raids HoF is. Definitely feels like an end to an expansion.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
This game looks and feels like poo poo, is full of inflation, the people suck, and I hate it. Yes I have multiple max level characters why do you ask, buddy? HUH?

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.

Pon de Bundy posted:

This game looks and feels like poo poo, is full of inflation, the people suck, and I hate it. Yes I have multiple max level characters why do you ask, buddy? HUH?

This + if anyone asks why the game runs slow on a modern pc, these same people will freak the gently caress out on your rear end.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Favorabilis Solitud posted:

This + if anyone asks why the game runs slow on a modern pc, these same people will freak the gently caress out on your rear end.

The last major graphic update this game had was a decade ago. Why the gently caress does it still run like poo poo on modern PCs?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

jetz0r posted:

The last major graphic update this game had was a decade ago. Why the gently caress does it still run like poo poo on modern PCs?

Because we need more bits.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Because you only look upon your fondness of playing Everquest because there was hardly any other option. Although this is the mmo I've played the most off and on, Star Wars Galaxies pre combat update was more fun. Honestly.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Considering the same company made EQ2, a game that still runs like hot garbage with top of the line PCs I'm not exactly shocked EQ also runs like garbage. Also the fact it's a 15+ year old engine.

I think EQ2's issue is they didn't account for multicores instead of processors going up or something but either way.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Illa, do you want to explain what occurred after beta raids tonight? I hurt too much from laughing to type anything coherent

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

Illa, do you want to explain what occurred after beta raids tonight? I hurt too much from laughing to type anything coherent

No. No, I do not want to try explaining any of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Node posted:

This sounds like me after our raids, only replace laughing with crying :emo: