Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

twilight princess fishing is bad why have i not heard about this in advance

has there been a good fishing minigame since Sonic Adventure? I think not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
japan loves fishing minigames, i wonder why bass pro fishing isn't popular over there

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

real fishing is easier and more satisfying than any video game fishing so its amazing that they can gently caress it up so badly
to this day people still complain about the fishing in nier being game ruining and yet that was a piece of cake compared to this

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Liver Disaster posted:

twilight princess fishing is bad why have i not heard about this in advance

I don't know why. It's one of everybody's complaints about the game -- the terrible required fishing minigame right at the start.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Suspicious Dish posted:

I don't know why. It's one of everybody's complaints about the game -- the terrible required fishing minigame right at the start.

as far as ive seen every zelda game is perfect but a little bit more disappointing than the last one
but still perfect hehe that didnt change!

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
zelda games are trash

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Liver Disaster posted:

as far as ive seen every zelda game is perfect but a little bit more disappointing than the last one
but still perfect hehe that didnt change!

All Zelda games have a few really dumb pain points or minigames that would have made the game a lot better if just taken out entirely. Except Wind Waker. That one doesn't have anything, really. It makes up for it by not really having any exceptional dungeons, though. Most of them are bog standard. Still a great game, though.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

stoutfish posted:

zelda games are trash

get out

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

i can only get out after i complete the three hour tutorial

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

stoutfish posted:

twilight princess has a very weak beginning but the middle section is among the best

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

stoutfish posted:

would you like to hear that again?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Notorious QIG posted:

twilight princess has a very weak beginning but the middle section is among the best
but enough about my taste in women

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Suspicious Dish posted:

All Zelda games have a few really dumb pain points or minigames that would have made the game a lot better if just taken out entirely. Except Wind Waker. That one doesn't have anything, really. It makes up for it by not really having any exceptional dungeons, though. Most of them are bog standard. Still a great game, though.

my favorite part of wind waker is sailing forever to find a bunch of bullshit triforce pieces

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

stoutfish posted:

so far skyward sword seems to not really have that problem, twilight princess certainly does though also it looks like boiled garbage
ss just has jaggies on every surface, which ill be free of someday when i bother setting up dolphin again

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Wind Waker's upfront pain point is the terribly lovely sailing mechanic combined with the blandly worthless overworld.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

corn in the bible posted:

my favorite part of wind waker is sailing forever to find a bunch of bullshit triforce pieces

the triforce hunt is good you just need too many rupees. the hd version cuts it down a lot anyway

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

stoutfish posted:

zelda games are trash

all japanese games are trash

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Jerry Cotton posted:

same but western games

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

stoutfish posted:

same but games

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

stoutfish posted:

same but games

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ha ha eat poo poo

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

u motherfuckre

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

pseudorandom name posted:

Wind Waker's upfront pain point is the terribly lovely sailing mechanic combined with the blandly worthless overworld.

I thought the Wind Waker overworld was the best.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Jerry Cotton posted:

don't sign

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Suspicious Dish posted:

I really hope that untitled zelda project has a good overworld

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Palpek posted:

don't sign

then how will deaf people hear me post *fart*

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Suspicious Dish posted:

Nothing like entering a new map grid and finding the one and only point of interest!

Oh, wait, my progress is being gated. Do I need bombs? No. Do I need the feather? No. Do I need the pegasus boots? No. Do I need the hookshot? No. Do I need the hammer? No.

I need the loving boat to stop telling me I can't go that loving direction yet.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

stoutfish posted:

same but western games

nah the japanese always gently caress up one important thing in every game making it unplayable by sane people.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Jerry Cotton posted:

all games are trash

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LWBiUOoY_w
games

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Nothing like entering a new map grid and finding the one and only point of interest!

Oh, wait, my progress is being gated. Do I need bombs? No. Do I need the feather? No. Do I need the pegasus boots? No. Do I need the hookshot? No. Do I need the hammer? No.

lol @ games with progression

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Jerry Cotton posted:

mk8 is still goty so far

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

mk8 is still goty so far

midway isn't japanese :confused:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Jerry Cotton posted:

midway isn't japanese :confused:

there isn't even a game called mortal kombat 8

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

You need a Hanoi Pear to take control of one of the birds and hit the target on the top of the pillar, FYI. You can buy them from Beedle; he's in a boat around various places.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

there isn't even a game called mortal kombat 8

good

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Mortal Kombat (1992) 1992 Arcade Various
Mortal Kombat II 1993 Arcade Various
Mortal Kombat 3 1995 Arcade Various
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 1995 Arcade Various An update of Mortal Kombat 3.
Mortal Kombat Trilogy 1996 PS1, N64, Saturn Windows, Game.com, R-Zone An expansion of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 to include more elements from the previous two games.
Mortal Kombat 4 1997 Arcade PS1, N64, Windows The first 3D game in the series.
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero 1997 PS1, N64 N/A An action-adventure spin-off about Sub-Zero.
Mortal Kombat Gold 1999 Dreamcast N/A An update of Mortal Kombat 4.
Mortal Kombat: Special Forces 2000 PS1 N/A An action-adventure spin-off about Jax.
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance 2002 PS2, GCN, Xbox GBA (2003)
Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition 2003 GBA N/A The GBA version of Deadly Alliance.
Mortal Kombat: Deception 2004 PS2, GCN, Xbox N/A
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks 2005 PS2, Xbox N/A An action-adventure spin-off about Liu Kang and Kung Lao.
Mortal Kombat: Unchained 2006 PSP N/A The PSP version of Deception.
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon 2006 PS2, Xbox Wii (2007) The final title of the original main series.
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 2007 NDS N/A Another update of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.
Mortal Kombat Kollection 2008 PS2 N/A Includes Deception, Shaolin Monks and Armageddon.
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe 2008 PS3, X360 N/A A non-canonical crossover title.
Mortal Kombat (2011) 2011 PS3, X360 PS Vita (2012) Reboot game.
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection 2011 PSN, XBLA PC (2012) Includes MK, MKII and UMK3. (Originally intended to be an HD remake of the three games, titled Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection.)
Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition 2012 PS3, X360 PC (2013) An update of Mortal Kombat (2011).
Mortal Kombat X

loving lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mortal kombat vs DC universe is p cool tho

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

for a 5 € game that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

i did not expect there to be 22 loving mortal kombat games. that must be 70something games across all systems if you counted them individually

• Locked thread