Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Silentplanet posted:

Would emei be something we need then?

Not bragging or anything but my bot just cleared 600 drive without drinking or eating anything. Emei master class :smug:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Splendors are so cool, I just hope they have armor that has a giant gourd and a huge hat.

Why couldn't this game have a Beggar class? :arghfist:

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Kevlar Beard posted:

Splendors are so cool, I just hope they have armor that has a giant gourd and a huge hat.

There is a cash shop outfit that is the thing you want

Tiny picture because preview window

The only problem is the outfit comes in random colors and dyes are complete bullshit.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Third World Reggin posted:

Not snail games isn't really a high bar and isn't really hype.

Also to get to 35 or past it isn't that long. about 4-6 hours to get to 35 and then another 4 or so to get to 40 if you are in a guild.

This is a paltry sum.
40 is the max level? How much do levels matter in pvp?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Jackard posted:

40 is the max level? How much do levels matter in pvp?

Max level is like 99 or something, but you're basically not a real person until 40. They matter a little but apparently gear and skill matters more?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
40 matters more than some other levels because it unlocks the meridian system. So you can instantly make your dude way stronger or tougher the second you hit 40. Really good gear can hit above it's level, so a dude with tricked out 40 gear has better stats than a dude with untouched 50 gear. And moves aren't really an issue, because you get your last set at [Dun dun dun] 40 and nobody is going to be unlocking hidden sets for a long rear end time.

At the end of the day though skill counts for a lot. If you don't know what your abilities do, don't know how to land them, and don't know how to get out of the way of the other guy's? You dead, I don't care how high a level or how good your gear is.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

hailthefish posted:

Max level is like 99 or something, but you're basically not a real person until 40. They matter a little but apparently gear and skill matters more?
Yeaaaaa I'm working two jobs so that sounds like too much.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Also do not listen to forer when he says crafting is bad or doesn't give you good things.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler

Drinkfist posted:

Not bragging or anything but my bot just cleared 600 drive without drinking or eating anything. Emei master class :smug:.

I need to sit with you about Emei, because I feel like I always have no chi. Otherwise I like it so far.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Applying to guild as MushuChicken

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
I think I'm officially in love with this game and my Emei, I have no idea what whats going on but im having a blast with it. Ended up killing 6 or 7 United guys that crashed our party/xp boost thing. There were so many people everywhere but we pushed them back - seemed like it was more than one guild that attacked too.

After last night and tonight I learned to go to always go to the feasts: Fun poo poo happens there.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Jackard posted:

You hit 40 in like 8-10 hours of gameplay. Think of it as a long tutorial or the whole single player campaign of most AAA shooters.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kevlar Beard posted:

Beggars sort of got.too much into character and forgot kung fu.

Also this is the second year in a row that ft hunter liggett has stopped me from playing a new chinagame. 2/2 gg fort loving nowhere.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

There is a button to kiss under the umbrella too.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Beggars sort of got.too much into character and forgot kung fu.

Also this is the second year in a row that ft hunter liggett has stopped me from playing a new chinagame. 2/2 gg fort loving nowhere.

Holy gently caress, another person who knows that poo poo place? Are you with the Seabees or something? My sympathies for you.

Also, yeah it's odd they're excluding the Begger Sect when it's one of the biggest sects around in all the Wuxia novels (with an exceptional few).

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I see I can upgrade my skills using "kung fu points", and I get kung fu points each time I level. Should I be saving my kung fu points until I get the later sets unlocked at higher levels, I assume?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Do not save them.

The first set is upgraded via kung fu points until level 50. Spend them all the time.

The mastery at 40 takes kung fu points. Spend them all the time.

Don't worry, it is that simple.

At 50 you level up your skill sets in different ways.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Jackard posted:

I wouldn't worry about it. I just consider it 40 levels of grinding and 49 levels of end game where your just dicking around doing whatever you find fun. Be it events, arena, or guild stuff.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I made a 5 venom because it seemed cool, but am rethinking my choice that maybe I should have been Emei instead. Anyone have experience with 5 venom at higher levels?

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

I'm getting mixed messages from the wiki about House Tong. It says they are both good and bad at group pvp. What is House Tong actually like in that regard?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Eltoasto posted:

I made a 5 venom because it seemed cool, but am rethinking my choice that maybe I should have been Emei instead. Anyone have experience with 5 venom at higher levels?

Currently leveling one to 20 to get a feel of the set. First set seem to be the basic most endo school get - ranged attack, two buff, and 3 other mixed damage skills. However you probably get the biggest/ most awesome hats in game and one of our school teacher ride a Hydralisk, so that may count for something. Third set seem to be AOE galore, with poison, fire and ice, all stack.

edit - I inverted 2nd and 3rd set. sorry.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 6, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Drinkfist posted:

There is a button to kiss under the umbrella too.

Totally worth the 800 sycee.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

aleksendr posted:

Currently leveling one to 20 to get a feel of the set. First set seem to be the basic most endo school get - ranged attack, two buff, and 3 other mixed damage skills. However you probably get the biggest/ most awesome hats in game and one of our school teacher ride a Hydralisk, so that may count for something. Second set seem to be AOE galore, with poison, fire and ice, all stack.

Five Venom here, first set is pretty awful, second set is pure whips. Yet to get the 3rd set but I assume that to be the poison AOE/ice one.

Second set does have some cool stuff like kicking someone to the ground, stomping them in the face repeatedly then finishing off with one final boot kick.

Grind really kicks in at lvl 34 so I'm trying out Sun Moon now, feels much better than first set venom that's for sure.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002

Do not save them.

The first set is upgraded via kung fu points until level 50. Spend them all the time.

The mastery at 40 takes kung fu points. Spend them all the time.

Don't worry, it is that simple.

At 50 you level up your skill sets in different ways.

For mastery, should we just be upgrading the obvious offensive stat? Like Wil for endo classes and str for exo?

Also, anyone have a clue if the $60 or $10 pack applies to the whole account? Can you redeem the codes on each of your characters?

HotBobaloo fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 6, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I don't really know what is best to level up.

I've been doing willpower and tenacity with zephyr so I can pretty much do everything I need, but I don't know how much better or worse con or reflex are.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So I got some code I'm supposed to redeem for a gift. Where do I redeem this?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Killsion posted:

There's a button in the arc menu that allows you to redeem codes and assign them to characters.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Killsion posted:

Click the arrow at the top of Arc, next to the Arc icon, select Redeem a code and enter it. It'll ask you for a server and a character to send them to.

As for the guy who asked if the start packs apply to single characters or whole accounts, I have no idea but I'm curious about that myself.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Baron O Beefdip posted:

I'm getting mixed messages from the wiki about House Tong. It says they are both good and bad at group pvp. What is House Tong actually like in that regard?

They are good at group pvp. They sit at a distance and shot the poo poo out of people. Stun people with rockets and lock down areas with spiders that explode into chains.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
So after 40, what should I be doing every day? There are those repeatable board quests, all the guild stuff (kidnap/info/raid carts), the arena, the beggar, etc.

The guild stuff is non-negotiable; that needs to be done every day.

What else is good? What events should I be trying to hit, assuming that I'm going to play maybe 1-3 hours a day? Is the arena worth it? Are the board quests for hero marks worth it?

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I've been playing a bit of this weird janky game. It fits well with my ongoing inexplicable affection for weird half-busted free-to-play games. I hit 20 and tried to join the goon guild yesterday but I don't think I've gotten in yet. Are there any kind of weird quirks to the guild system I need to know about? Do applications disappear when you log off or something?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You forgot something really important deary.

Who are you.

Karneios
Nov 5, 2009
Just applied for the guild as Karn, one more big sword dude for the guild!

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

You forgot something really important deary.

Who are you.

Character name is Lucerne. I can never tell when posting a name in the thread is what's wanted and when it just gets people angry.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Ignore the idiots that get mad. Posting your name in this thread. Is the easiest way to see if you're a goon.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Names tend to help for us to know who someone is since we get a lot of invites from random players.

We even have the game sending us random pop ups to invite random players.

We just need a tool or thing to distinguish you from someone else.

Like a name.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm the woman with large, brown eyes. Invite me.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

I'm the woman with large, brown eyes. Invite me.

Is this you

Kaidyn
May 22, 2009

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
If I'm a big casual babby will I have any fun in this game? Or if I log in for a short time will I just get ganked whenever I wonder out to do quests? Basically just wondering how severe the world PVP is. For an idea of how big of a babby I am I generally pick PvE servers on other games when given the option. I don't mind PVP (Guild Wars still one of my favorite MMOs of all time) but generally like it to be somewhat structured and not 'wandering in the wilderness killed by guys 83 levels higher than me.' Does stuff like that happen often?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I don't think you lose anything when you get killed by another player unless you have also been killing innocent players.

Also, the cities are safe areas. If you idle around in unsafe areas someone will eventually push your poo poo in, but it's not like a horde of assbags will descend on you constantly. And you're protected from PVP for quite a few levels.

• Locked thread