Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Stop being gross, you guys :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

To be fair, Peter David started it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's your excuse for everything.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this is weird. you guys are weird.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

God drat you guys.

Just post panels not dumb gross jokes about comic characters.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Archyduke posted:

Something beautiful and important has happened here tonight.

For content, Multiple Man's first violent encounter with a scary green humanoid, from X-Factor #73

I love that he's doing it exactly right as far as working with the Muppets goes; you take it perfectly seriously and don't look/talk at the puppeteer, you look at/talk to the Muppet, and yet it's the worst thing to do. Even though he must know better.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 5, 2014

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

From every celebrity account I hear, the puppeteers are so good that you inevitably end up talking and looking at the muppets even when the camera's off.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lurdiak posted:

From every celebrity account I hear, the puppeteers are so good that you inevitably end up talking and looking at the muppets even when the camera's off.

Part of that is because they never break character in public, as far as the puppeteer is concerned, the puppet character is who they are when they're on the job. I read an interesting account of an interview once where they had to explain to the Count (in language a Sesame Street character would respond to) that the interview was going to start late because of technical problems.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kwyndig posted:

Part of that is because they never break character in public

They also don't break character on set if they gently caress up their lines, their blooper reels are amazing.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Molly Hayes is way funnier than Layla Miller anyway.

Runaways #17.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Today the 1960's Batman manga starts coming out as a weekly digital comic, so...

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
There needs to be a regular Batman villian called Lord Death Man.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Captain Bravo posted:

He was in the main comics once.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Captain Bravo posted:

Morrison used him as Japanese Batman's foe in Batman Incorporated and he was apparently in Talon.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I think I had that Hotwheel when I was a kid.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Captain Bravo posted:

There needs to be a regular Batman villain called Lord Death Man.
Boy, are you in luck!

e:fffffb

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I love how he's his own cheerleader :

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Teenage Fansub posted:

Today the 1960's Batman manga starts coming out as a weekly digital comic, so...
I bought a collection of these last year and it mentioned a good bunch of them were missing, do you happen to know if the digitals will include them?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

That article's kind of dumb wrt Lord Death Man, because LDM as depicted in that comic is an absurdly heinous mass-murderer, and the response to him is honestly a lot more sensible than how they handle the Joker in the New 52.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

I bought a collection of these last year and it mentioned a good bunch of them were missing, do you happen to know if the digitals will include them?

The official statement says unabridged and complete. http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/06/30/dc-comics-releases-batman-the-jiro-kuwata-batmanga-under-digital-first-banner

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Suben posted:

From (the preview for) Superior Foes of Spider-Man #13

Wwww, rocket dude finally found his manic pixie dream girl.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Kwyndig posted:

Part of that is because they never break character in public, as far as the puppeteer is concerned, the puppet character is who they are when they're on the job. I read an interesting account of an interview once where they had to explain to the Count (in language a Sesame Street character would respond to) that the interview was going to start late because of technical problems.

I would like to read this if you can find it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Small Frozen Thing posted:

That article's kind of dumb wrt Lord Death Man, because LDM as depicted in that comic is an absurdly heinous mass-murderer, and the response to him is honestly a lot more sensible than how they handle the Joker in the New 52.

I dunno man, no amount of crime justifies endless torture in space. Can't he just ask Superman to put him in a cage in the fortress of solitude if he's so eager to bypass all human laws? He's not any more likely to break out of there.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I don't think you understand. The Japanese government imprisoned him in a space capsule, not Batman.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

The best parody of Frank Miller might have been done by...Frank Miller.
{Sensational She-Hulk #50}

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
No mention of whores, 3/10

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Archyduke posted:

Something beautiful and important has happened here tonight.

For content, Multiple Man's first violent encounter with a scary green humanoid, from X-Factor #73

The best part of this page is Kermit's response to MM. "Have you tried Hare Krishna?" That was a running gag in the 1979 Muppet movie.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bad Moon posted:

No mention of whores, 3/10

I think that's what "aerobics video" is code for.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

kizudarake posted:

The best part of this page is Kermit's response to MM. "Have you tried Hare Krishna?" That was a running gag in the 1979 Muppet movie.

It still is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Pow7Gi7Xw

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

prefect posted:

I think that's what "aerobics video" is code for.

I prefer Allan Moore's "Dourdevil."

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

laz0rbeak posted:

I prefer Allan Moore's "Dourdevil."

October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, blind babbling superhero on stomach. Wait, that don't sound right. Better get back to Boss Hogg poetry.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
So they're having Stephen Amell, the guy who plays Oliver Queen in the rad as gently caress Green Arrow tv show, cameo in a Harley Quinn comic.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53890

Here's what he looks like

Here's how they drew him

:riker:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's like they inflated Simon Pegg with grease.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I generally hate comic book art of real life people since it looks traced and stilted, but Jesus, I'd take straight up Greg Landing it over that. I'd be offended if I was him.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
It looks like they did trace somebody, they just got the wrong person, and instead of Stephen Amell they accidentally traced a Muppet. :v:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bad Moon posted:

So they're having Stephen Amell, the guy who plays Oliver Queen in the rad as gently caress Green Arrow tv show, cameo in a Harley Quinn comic.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53890

Here's what he looks like

Here's how they drew him

:riker:

If I was Amell, I'd either find this completely hilarious and have a jumbo blow up on my wall, or be really pissed off about it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Judging by stuff he posts on his Facebook and twitter, Amell has a pretty good sense of humor and would probably think it's funny as hell.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I'd be surprised if he didn't end up posting it on his Facebook himself.

Plus no man can capture the Magnificence of Amell through ink and paper...

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The hilarious part is Manu Bannet showed up as a random goon over in the Bane Forever Evil series, and it genuinely looked like him. (I posted the scans earlier in this thread, because the part where Bane breaks his back in the background I found really funny.)

So once again Slade Wilson defeats and outthinks Ollie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

This is the interview if you're interested:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-19409960

• Locked thread