Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Winson_Paine posted:

Let me tell you of the good news. Let me tell you of Pathfinder, the worlds best selling RPG.
This is the RPG version of "I'd like to take a moment to tell you about Jesus."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Yawgmoth posted:

Don't be silly, there are no jokes allowed here

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Yawgmoth posted:

pre:
 One night I dreamed I was FINDING a PATH with a WIZARD.
             Many scenes from my games flashed before my eyes.
                  In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
                       Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
                           other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
                                that during the low periods of my life,
                             when I was suffering from
                         anguish, sorrow or defeat,
                     I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the WIZARD
      "HEY WIZARD,
         that if I followed you,
             you would walk with me always.
                   But I have noticed that during
                          the most trying periods of my life
                                 there have only been one
                                       set of footprints in the sand.
                                           Why, when I needed you most,
                                          you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
                          "The times when you have
                  seen only one set of footprints,
          I was invisible and flying and you were unconcious from wounds anyway."

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Worth the wait.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

MadScientistWorking posted:

Speaking as someone who works in an industry full of shitlords like those two the answer is a resounding no. Its very hard to get rid of those people especially when they are entrenched in like that.

Well, yeah. You're never gonna get rid of them. The idea is to make them no longer the dominant force in the hobby by introducing people who aren't terrible to it and steering them away from shitlord-supporting stuff, so even if the shitlords are still around they're suddenly the minority and their views are no longer the baseline for people involved in the hobby.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Winson_Paine posted:

pre:
 One night I dreamed I was FINDING a PATH with a WIZARD.

Should have gone for Tenser's Floating Disc, imo.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Ratpick posted:

Yeah, when I first saw that section I was just really giddy and excited and immediately went on to reblog it on fuckyeahdnd without even stopping to think of some of how poorly worded it was in places. I personally think that it was a cool thing of the D&D people to do, but I'm now also of the opinion that it was really badly worded and problematic. I really liked your take on that paragraph, as it achieves what the original paragraph set out to do with zero of the offensive wording, and since this paragraph is a pretty big talking point at the moment I was wondering if you'd be okay if I linked to your version of the paragraph on fuckyeahdnd?

By all means; I put it on g+ so there would be an easy link for people to pass around if they want it. My version isn't perfect, I think, but I think it shows well how it could be even better within the same allotted space.

(e: You can also use this link to my personal website, which includes some refinements, thoughts, and why I wrote it the way I did)

neongrey fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 5, 2014

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Instead of getting distracted by a game that's probably going to outsell everything else by an order of magnitude and shape popular conceptions and first opinions of this hobby, we really should be asking the question that's going to unite us, [:911:], rather than divide us:

What's the most patriotic, All-American, and idealistic RPG?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

The Price Of Freedom, obviously. :911:

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Mimir posted:

Instead of getting distracted by a game that's probably going to outsell everything else by an order of magnitude and shape popular conceptions and first opinions of this hobby, we really should be asking the question that's going to unite us, [:911:], rather than divide us:

Are you saying that Paranoia is in any way less than perfect, Friend Citizen?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
HoL.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Forums Terrorist posted:

Is this that D20 supplement about the abortion debate, because that was what I was going to post.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Saguaro PI posted:

Is this that D20 supplement about the abortion debate, because that was what I was going to post.

http://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid=5737

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Well poo poo, I guess I completely missed the mark there.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
octaNe, too.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I look for the Price of Freedom every year at Gen-Con but always strike out.

Yes I know I could buy it online but only madness leads the direction of "actually buying every obscure thing I want online."

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mimir posted:

RaHoWa.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

Mimir posted:

Toon.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Mimir posted:

The End

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
So I bought a Battlefoam carrying case for my Mantic models because of the sale yesterday, but I still need a carrying case for the rest of my stuff. I've got a ton of Dust Tactics minis and a few walkers. Any recommendations for non-tacklebox storage?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Forums Terrorist posted:

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the Republican party, tovarsh.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

Winson_Paine posted:

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the Republican party, tovarsh.

Zampolit Winson...es kayute.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'm just a zek.
Yes I'm only zek
And I'm sitting here wondrin' what the heck?
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital rule
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in tribunal
But I know I'll be in a gulag someday
At least I hope and pray that they check
But today I am still just a zek.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I'm just a zek.
Yes I'm only zek
And I'm sitting here wondrin' what the heck?
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital rule
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in tribunal
But I know I'll be in a gulag someday
At least I hope and pray that they check
But today I am still just a zek.

Sorry, the Everquest thread is that way ->>>>

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

This is the correct answer.

Now, and forever.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Sorry, the Everquest thread is that way ->>>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zek_(inmate)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm on page 7. But no. gently caress you. For all bs, and there is a lot of it, you just told some one to not run games that they want to see. Fear is the mind killer. Fear of good games and expression is the hobby killer. You're too stuck in the world of the RPG industry to see that most people don't care. Play the games you, YOU want to play, with the people you want to play with. Go aggro on shitheads, YES. Don't go aggro on people that just want to play. gently caress off. You just told someone their fun, their game, was bad and wrong. Live the parody, rbh, because the other option is admitting you've stared too long into the abyss.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

neongrey posted:

Yeah. Yeah, that's some seriously hosed up poo poo there. Pundit I could give a drat about-- he's toxic as hell and I don't like him being in there but the other has actively shown he will go to horrible, real-life-affecting extents over this poo poo.

And I don't really care if someone decides that him being a consultant on the work isn't enough to stop them from buying it. But I care that people know that this man is a loving stalker. Preferably before they buy so they can take that into account or not. But if they don't find out until after. That's fine, too.

This is the real.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Maltose posted:

octaNe, too.

NO OTHER ANSWERS

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Neon, bucnasti, cyphoderous, and gnoll know what is up. Whoever said that gnoll's position was pushing poo poo onto other people was being disingenuous as hell. Play games and make people understand that games are fun! When they run across shitheads, they'll react appropriately. And no, you don't get decide what that is. The gaming community you're a part of does.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

god shut up

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
You guys okay? You can talk to me.

Ettin fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 6, 2014

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I've gone insane. Also my drat teeth keep breaking.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Kwyndig posted:

I've gone insane. Also my drat teeth keep breaking.

These are trying times for all of us in elfgameland but please don't grind your teeth.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ettin posted:

You guys okay? You can talk to me.

Is it cool to

Wait NM elfgames are never cool

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VufilzHKTqk&feature=kp

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Captain Foo posted:

Neon, bucnasti, cyphoderous, and gnoll know what is up. Whoever said that gnoll's position was pushing poo poo onto other people was being disingenuous as hell. Play games and make people understand that games are fun! When they run across shitheads, they'll react appropriately. And no, you don't get decide what that is. The gaming community you're a part of does.

Yeah but the gaming community is poo poo? If the opinion of the community as a whole gets to decide what is a good or right reaction I'm done gaming because I'm being told loud and clear that they don't want me around.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yeah but the gaming community is poo poo? If the opinion of the community as a whole gets to decide what is a good or right reaction I'm done gaming because I'm being told loud and clear that they don't want me around.

Fun fact! We are part of that gaming community, and your voice matters. Your reaction to these lovely people counts as part of the community reaction. Keep on keeping on, Maltose.

Captain Foo posted:

Sorry dude, but this is silencing bullshit. This subforum is part of the gaming community. When we run across shitheads, we will also react appropriately. That is what is happening, right now, right here. You're just getting mad because it's happening in your space, and that's making you upset.

And that's stupid.

The gaming community right now, as a whole, is full of lovely people doing lovely things. You're right - that will never change if the community doesn't react to it. But we're part of that community. We ARE those people who get to react to it. You might have a point on us being dumb and sticking our noses into something that didn't belong if we were getting mad about lovely people in the NBA in this thread, but getting mad about Zak S and Tarnowski being lovely people is directly relevant to the gaming hobby. They are ALSO a part of the gaming community, and they sure as hell aren't going to just play games and have fun, they're going to speak up and spew their poo poo everywhere.

You're asking that everyone sit down, play games, and let people like them make this community worse. You would have us do nothing, because doing something makes you uncomfortable. Your discomfort is nothing compared to the amount of hatred women and minorities receive from the general gaming community. And if we're going to improve it, we'll do it by speaking up. Sitting down and shutting up and minding our own business ain't gonna do poo poo.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Guys I am preparing myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

for gurps

• Locked thread