Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I ask myself this same question every day.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is there such a thing as a good turret build for sPvP for engineers? I imagine spamming turrets would piss people of and that interests me.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Raged posted:

Is there such a thing as a good turret build for sPvP for engineers? I imagine spamming turrets would piss people of and that interests me.

I've seen a few people running with them lately. They can be kind of annoying to deal with, but I don't think it's worth making a build around.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Raged posted:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqelUUp2qVWxdLseNCdBF6VklQL6GOkR/pAA-TJxHwACeAALLDA4EAge/BA

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Boar don't give a gently caress.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Hefty posted:

I've seen a few people running with them lately. They can be kind of annoying to deal with, but I don't think it's worth making a build around.

I'm not great on my thief but I remember running into an engineer spamming turrets out including thumper being a complete nightmare. They were also an asura who swore like no tomorrow.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
My mesmer is having an identity crisis.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Alright, you monster. This is actually really annoying.
I parked the turrets at our home node and not only did nobody ever take it, but they killed someone while I was grabbing the mid buff.

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

Is the ninja clothes individual skins or do you have to wear the whole thing.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Myrmidongs posted:

Is the ninja clothes individual skins or do you have to wear the whole thing.

It's an "outfit", so whole thing. The most you can do is hide certain parts like helm or shoulders, when you uncheck those pieces in the character screen.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Dick Trauma posted:

My mesmer is having an identity crisis.

I'm considering going with this for my Mesmer.

She's been wearing Dry Bones for a year. Maybe it's time for a change.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
I wish the Female Arah Medium Coat didn't have a boob window.
Because the back is so baller.
But the front is so goofy.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Looks like mesmer asura is up to shenanigans again.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Did humans first arrive in Cantha or Orr? The game info seems to contradict itself.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Elona.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

Pro PvP team training for the upcoming tournament. Thanks to everyone involved.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

What a good-looking team, except Cletus.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
We're guaranteed at least 3rd place overall according to Lazy.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Arus has been informed to shame you completely if you don't.

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.
I haven't played this game in months, anything game-changingly new happen?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Bone posted:

Did you play since the massive patch including the wardrobe?

Just try it again, there is no sub fee and nothing to lose.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Bone posted:

I was at the same situation a few days ago, what was big (for me) that changed was: they remade the Traits system, you can change it anytime you want in the world, but they all have some pre-requisite stuff you need to complete first.

Repairs are now free

Skin wardrobe

Lots of new PvP poo poo

A new WvWvW map, and the big rear end lake in the middle of the Borderlands map is gone

Magic find is now tied to account and there's a new way to get it

Ascended armor and weapons

Daily/Monthly/Achievement menu was polished

edit: Currency wallet, dungeons tokens and guild commendations are not items that take space anymore and are tied to account

frajaq fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 7, 2014

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.

frajaq posted:

I was at the same situation a few days ago, what was big (for me) that changed was: they remade the Traits system, you can change it anytime you want in the world, but they all have some pre-requisite stuff you need to complete first.

Repairs are now free

Skin wardrobe

Lots of new PvP poo poo

A new WvWvW map, and the big rear end lake in the middle of the Borderlands map is gone

Magic find is now tied to account and there's a new way to get it

Ascended armor and weapons

Daily/Monthly/Achievement menu was polished

edit: Currency wallet, dungeons tokens and guild commendations are not items that take space anymore and are tied to account

Neat! Those are some good quality of life improvements. I've also noticed you just get a pop-up when you complete a heart instead of mail, and I really like that. Account-wide dyes is pretty cool too. Guardians are still good, right?

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Kitah was a Canthan mesmer in GW1. It makes no sense for Kitah's Manse to be in Orr.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Erdricks posted:

Kitah was a Canthan mesmer in GW1. It makes no sense for Kitah's Manse to be in Orr.

You're thinking of Kitah.9371, not Kitah.2232. A classic mistake.

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax

Bone posted:

also all servers are merged now. mega server

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

tvayisnihyaami posted:

also all servers are merged now. mega server

Basically this:

But servers.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I did it!:

Eat your heart out Gandledork!

Thanks to the dudes who helped out a bit!

Bonus pic of a cat:

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
Do armor/weapon stats carry over in pvp? I played back when you would have default gears for pvp matches.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

tvayisnihyaami posted:

Do armor/weapon stats carry over in pvp? I played back when you would have default gears for pvp matches.

Everything is normalized for spvp.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

tvayisnihyaami posted:

Only armor and weapon visuals carry over. And the weapons themselves, of course, but their stats are normalized as mentioned above. You freely select an amulet, runes and traits to create your PVP only stat build. Once you enter the mists, you can use the PVP Build button located at the top of the screen to create your exclusive build.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

J3ng4 posted:

I did it!:

Eat your heart out Gandledork!

Thanks to the dudes who helped out a bit!

Congrats SuperRad!!! 5th or 6th coolest legendary!

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

CLAM DOWN posted:

Congrats SuperRad!!! 5th or 6th coolest legendary!

At least it's not the worst one.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

jyrque posted:

Only armor and weapon visuals carry over. And the weapons themselves, of course, but their stats are normalized as mentioned above. You freely select an amulet, runes and traits to create your PVP only stat build. Once you enter the mists, you can use the PVP Build button located at the top of the screen to create your exclusive build.

In addition to that, if you have weapon types that you only use in SPvP, make sure to take them with you and swap in before the match starts. All you need is any weapon of that particular type, so even a cruddy level 5 staff will work perfectly in SPvP.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9BzGU1TXFI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Mizuti posted:

In addition to that, if you have weapon types that you only use in SPvP, make sure to take them with you and swap in before the match starts. All you need is any weapon of that particular type, so even a cruddy level 5 staff will work perfectly in SPvP.

Oh yeah, this. I realized too late after hotjoining a match but then noticed you can still access your inventory and equipment panel while selecting a team. Kinda wished the system would support PVP only weapons as well. It's a small thing but still QoL enhancement if anything.

How many Ulillillia's coordinate units is that fall?

• Locked thread