Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Well it seems I'm relapsing. Picked up Far Cry 1 & 2, Rage, Papers Please, E.Y.E, Metal Slug 3, Banished, and Skyrim. :shepspends: I'm not usually one to binge during sales. Atleast I managed to get Red Faction Guerrilla working (previously nulled for not working) since I had to reformat my computer for other reasons, so I'll hopefully finally make it through that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
More purchases today:

Surgeon Simulator
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Batman Arkham Origins
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Sparkle 2 Evo

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

I've only bought one game from the sale, but it's still early.

COMPLETED: Batman Arkham Asylum. Everyone who said this game is awesome - you were completely right. One of my favourite bits was when I was finishing up the Riddler's challenges, and got to hear him being arrested. Payback was so sweet. That said, I'm strangely unenthusiastic about Arkham City; I probably won't bother picking that one up.

COMPLETED/PLAYED: Heroes Rise: The Prodigy and Heroes Rise: The Hero Project. So interactive fiction finally comes to Steam. I know Choice of Games, they've put out some really enjoyable text adventures in the past, so why did they choose to have this utter garbage as their maiden offering? Pretty much all the characters are either boring cliches, creepy sex objects, or lifeless husks only a hair removed from cardboard cutouts. The plot is more heavily railroaded than the Call of Duty games I've played. The writing is about as exciting as cold pasta. Despite all this, the first game held my interest long enough to finish as it promised that all the plot threads it left dangling would be resolved in the sequel...

...which was a pathetic, unoriginal parody of reality TV, mixed with a cheap knockoff of Bourne movie conspiracy bullshit. I uninstalled in disgust. :siren: Do not buy these games. :siren: Not even for 10¢.

I've decided to take notes from Fart of Presto, and everything I've played but have no intention of ever returning to should just be marked off, like what he does. I've got enough games to not be worrying about completing them all. With that said:

PLAYED: 1914 Shells of Fury. This is a First World War submarine game, and I had to pick it up for sheer uniqueness alone. WWI games are very rare already, and this might be the only WWI sub sim in existence. I did enjoy this; it's very friendly to new players, and even now two years later I can remember the time I sank three British cruisers in the space of just 10 seconds. That was brilliant, but the mission took a half hour before it got to that point. 95% of the game time is spent in transit, 4% aiming, and only 1% of the game is those golden moments. I wish I had more time, and I hope to go back to it someday.

PLAYED: Dungeons of Dredmor. According to Steam, I've put 74 hours into this, making it my 4th-most played game. Last time I played it, I made it as far as the 11th floor. However, the prospect of doing all that over again... nope. It's very good, but I just can't bear to make the effort again.

PLAYED: Europa Universalis: Rome. It's good. My fondest memories are when I played a Celtic tribe in Britain. I created the United Kingdom 2000 years early, and assigned the British queen as the commander of the British Home Fleet. Having said that, I can't go back to it because it's very primitive and missing a lot of the quality-of-life improvements of the latest Paradox games.

PLAYED: Frozen Synapse. I played a couple single-player matches. I get the impression that multiplayer is the real draw to the game, so it's not for me.

PLAYED: Greed Corp. Very boardgamey, if that's a word. I gave it an hour, it didn't really interest me.

PLAYED: Hammerfight. I hurt my wrist playing this. I was actually kinda interested, but the controls make it a write-off.

PLAYED: Metro 2033. Gave it 30 minutes. I've heard it's actually good, so maybe I'll come back to it in the future.

PLAYED: Montjoie. A computerized boardgame. It might be fun with another person to play against, but vs AI it's just dead boring.

PLAYED: Rome Total War + expansions. Really good game, made even better with the (Extended) Rome Total Realism mod. I poured dozens of hours into this back in the day, never actually finished a campaign though. However, the Alexander expansion is definitely the thalidomide baby of the three siblings.

PLAYED: Supreme Ruler 2020. Abandoned this when I couldn't work out what the hell was going on.

PLAYED: Sword of the Stars I. This is another great game I never actually finished, mainly because the late game drags on and on. Everything before that was fun, though.

PLAYED: AGEOD's World War One Gold. I thought Supreme Ruler 2020 was filled with unnecessary detail. This game makes SR2020 look like Bejeweled. Strangely, I think it's way more interesting than SR2020, and I might actually return to it at some point.

Next up: I'm sticking with Steam games until the end of the summer sale. Crusader Kings II and The Walking Dead Season I it is. I haven't decided whether or not to buy TWD 400 Days and Season II yet.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I have remained strong. :smug:

Completed: Lost in Time

Not to be confused with Buried in Time, the second Journeyman Project game, Lost in Time is also a 90s first-person point and click adventure involving time travel. It was a nostalgic favourite of my wife's and she asked me to play it. Sadly, I was not impressed.

I don't really hold the terrible 90s FMV against it; everyone had terrible FMV in those days. I can, however, blame it for the excessive amount of pixel hunting and occasionally completely bugfuck insane puzzle solutions. The timed puzzles towards the end of the game were an unpleasant surprise, too, although at least it has the decency to give you an instant game over when you aren't fast enough and make the game unwinnable. The storyline was also kind of incoherent, although the often-questionable translation from French to English was probably a contributing factor there.

Beaten: Cloudbuilt

And by "beaten" I mean "I got three of the four endings, gently caress Redeployment forever, that level is where fun goes to die".

Cloudbuilt is basically Turbo Jetpack Mirror's Edge. Is that as awesome as it sounds? Almost. The game is fun as hell and has a fantastic soundtrack, but it also has a few problems that made the later levels exercises in keyboard-snapping frustration.

First of all, there's the combat. It doesn't drag the game down as much as it did in ME, but there's a lot more of it. And some of it is really obnoxious, including things like enemies that can only be stunned, not killed, invicible enemy spawners, and my favourite, enemies that, if not killed before they see you (which is not always possible), will turn invincible and chase you relentlessly through the rest of the level.

Then there's the checkpoints. There aren't enough of them. Yes, you get one you can deploy at will, and can find more in each level, but even with those, there's not enough. I died more in VVVVVV, but VVVVVV was much less frustrating because the delay being failing and getting to try again was basically zero. In Cloudbuilt you may have to replay a third of the level to get back to where you were - possibly several times, if you can't consistently beat that part yet! And in the later levels, the gaps between checkpoints get larger even as the challenges become harder, and the developers start getting really fond of lengthy wallrunning/walljumping sequences where it's impossible to place a checkpoint of your own.

Also, it has a lives system, so after failing a given checkpoint enough times you have to replay the entire level from the beginning. Does this make it more fun? It does not.

Finally, there's the controls. Now, some people may have no trouble at all with them. But I was reduced to screaming obscenities at my screen at one point because a straightforward manouver -- the boost-jump-into-vertical-wallrun transition, which I had done hundreds of times before -- was completely failing to work on one specific wall.

About sixty lives later, I finally figured it out. See, there are two ways to do that transition. One works all the time. The other only works some of the time -- I suspect based on the angle you hit the wall at. And it's the latter I learned, because, well, it worked on every other wall in every other level up until that point!

I don't know if there are other landmines like this lurking in the control schema. If so, I haven't noticed them. But just that one was nearly enough to make me uninstall the game.

Despite the litany of complaints above, I did actually quite enjoy the game. But if you are someone for whom "keyboard-snapping frustration" involves actually breaking keyboards, you should probably stay away unless you are also a platforming god.

Now Playing

Not sure yet. Divine Divinity, Divinity: Dragon Commander, Shadow Warrior, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, and The Journeyman Project trilogy are probably the shortlist.

ToxicFrog fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 21, 2014

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

EightDeer posted:

I've only bought one game from the sale, but it's still early.

COMPLETED: Batman Arkham Asylum. Everyone who said this game is awesome - you were completely right. One of my favourite bits was when I was finishing up the Riddler's challenges, and got to hear him being arrested. Payback was so sweet. That said, I'm strangely unenthusiastic about Arkham City; I probably won't bother picking that one up.

As far as sequels go, Arkham City is one of the best, and it has better boss fights. It's Origins you should be a little iffy about.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
A bunch of old kickstarters I backed are rolling into beta all at once. So I technically have Wasteland 2 and Sunless Sea as new games, with Pillars of Eternity barreling down at me.

I haven't looked at Wasteland 2 yet, but Sunless Sea is looking very promising but also very rough. We'll see how things look on July 1st when it hits Steam proper.

I also have picked up two games from the sale: BIT.TRIP FLUX and Love. I've beaten FLUX already. It's more forgiving in terms of having 8 checkpoints per stage and (apparently) unlimited lives; it's much less forgiving in that the levels are amazingly vicious. End result was beating it in a bit over an hour. It didn't even get a chance to hit the backlog.

Also, this means my BIT.TRIP is complete. Yay, closure!

I haven't started LOVE yet but it's the kind of thing I enjoy, so I'll do that soon, I think.

I've got three games of significance on my wishlist. We'll see if they get discounted enough to make me spring for them.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

EightDeer posted:

I've decided to take notes from Fart of Presto, and everything I've played but have no intention of ever returning to should just be marked off, like what he does. I've got enough games to not be worrying about completing them all.
I started doing this as well, and it's really satisfying. I started nulling a bunch of stuff I've had for years after finally giving it an honest try and realizing there's no way I'm slogging through the whole thing.

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

21rst Century Digital Boy

ManxomeBromide posted:

I haven't started LOVE yet but it's the kind of thing I enjoy, so I'll do that soon, I think.
If you mean that retro style platformer, you should bust it out. It is actually pretty short, maybe shorter than VVVVVV so you can crush it pretty quickly.

e: fun tunes as well

PosSibley fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 22, 2014

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

PosSibley posted:

If you mean that retro style platformer, you should bust it out. It is actually pretty short, maybe shorter than VVVVVV so you can crush it pretty quickly.

e: fun tunes as well

I did. Done and done. It is all those things, and the tunes are indeed pretty great. I beat it on Normal with a hair over 50 deaths. In terms of viciousness I give it three out of six Vs.

Speaking of Vs, my copy of :rock::rock::rock: arrived today, so I've been rocking out to that and it's making me want to revisit VVVVVV.

On the other hand, I've gotten unstuck in DROD, so I made a bunch of progress and am now stuck on Level 15, which can kind of go die in a fire. I'm noticing from online discussions about DROD that level 15 is one of the "we know more about level design now, sorry" levels.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I think I'm going to need this thread after the way the summer sale has gone so far.

Picking 2 games to finish that I'm probably about 80% through: Fez and Black Mesa.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

As far as sequels go, Arkham City is one of the best, and it has better boss fights. It's Origins you should be a little iffy about.

I actually enjoyed Origins far more than City. B:AC was almost too open and there was so much backtracking, Origins was far more refined in terms of the combat and the level design. I only wish they had tried to fix all the bugs in the game.

Now for a really iffy game...

COMPLETED: Jurassic Park: The Game - I decided to give this a shot. I'm a massive fan of all the Telltale Games, from the early Sam & Max ones right up to The Walking Dead Seasons and The Wolf Among Us. I also enjoyed all of the Jurassic Park films and may read the first book really soon. So I was horrified to find out just how badly the game came out. It was an absolute mess. My laptop can handle The Wolf Among Us just fine, running smooth and on High, yet this game stutters every few seconds. I thought it might have been a graphics card issue, but when I looked online it turned out that the Devs had dropped the ball on this one, where they had even stopped from patching the issue.
The gameplay itself is a mess. Quick Time Events should be used sparingly, to add tension to a game where needed. The game uses them ALL the time and when you mess up, which you will often, the games checkpoint system will send you right back to the start of the sequence, often breaking the flow of the game.
The sound was painful with the stuttering and the graphics looked horrendous. I cannot recommend this game to anyone, not fans of Telltale Games, not fans of the Movies or Books and certainly not to fans of action / adventure games.

:siren: BEATEN: Transistor - This game was so amazing. Everything worked, the graphics, the soundtrack, the voice acting, the combat, all perfect. I picked it back up after Jurassic Park and played for 3 hours straight. New Game Plus is supposed to be a beast, so I might jump into it later. But I'm happy to call this beaten and move on.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
  • Steam Summer Sale - The Greatest game of all, watching your bank balance disappear before your very eyes and your Backlog swell.
  • Transistor - This game is still impressing me every time I pick it up. BEATEN!
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior 1 - The Chrome Engine can create amazing looking jungles. Shame the game isn't nearly as good.
  • Rise of Nations: Extended Edition - I loved this game when I was younger, time to put it through its paces again.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 22, 2014

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Beaten: Divinity: Dragon Commander

This is fun, but weird. It's basically an RTS, crossed with a dragon sim, crossed with a turn-based grand strategy game, crossed with a political bickering simulator. With psycho fundie skeletons and activist lizards.

The biggest problem, I think, is that no one part of the game is as good as other games that focus exclusively on that part (with the possible exception of flying around as a dragon torching entire armies, but I can't offhand think of any other games that do that except Drakan). And the RTS part, in particular, isn't good enough to carry the game, as it would have to if every strategic battle were resolved in the RTS mode. Fortunately, as you get further into the game and are better able to bring overwhelming firepower against your enemies, you can increasingly auto-resolve the battles on the strategic map, activating RTS mode only in close fights that require your personal assistance. This means the game really rests on the politics, the strategic mode, and the dialogue with your cabinet and generals -- and with that balance it's quite fun and doesn't overstay its welcome.

Also, the game could use a way to change your flag/unit colour during the campaign rather than requiring a hex editor and an hour of reverse engineering the save format.

I didn't like it as much as Divinity II, but D2 is a drat hard act to follow.

Beaten: Steamworld Dig

Picked this up earlier today in the sale and I've already beaten it! It was short but good, though. I've seen a few people describe it as a roguelike (or roguelikelike), though, and it's really not; it's a platformer with a randomly generated "overworld" and hand-crafted puzzle/challenge levels.

My only real complaint is that you don't have an option to merge with Voltbot at the end and usher in a new era of electricity, but on the other hand the credits imply that after the fight you instead consumed Voltbot and absorbed its power and knowledge, so I'm happy with that.

Null: 99 Levels to Hell, Pixeljunk Eden, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Bleed

A brutal purge of platformers. Some of these I just don't find fun, some might be fun if I were better at them but as it is I'm just not good enough to get anywhere.

Damage from the sale so far: Steamworld Dig, Fallout 3, Remember Me, Borderlands 2, Metro: Last Light

Next up: probably the Journeyman Project trilogy. Although the installers are downloading so slowly that I probably have time to play and beat something else while I wait.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Finally got through Red Faction: Guerrilla, bugs and GFWL be damned. I really think goons have a bad case of rose tinted glasses when it comes to this game. The game is a bit rough around the edges and there's nothing really holding it together other than the fact that you can smash it all apart. :v: Was pretty fun when they gave you walkers to play with though. I'll play through Armageddon sometime here because I have a feeling that's another case of overblown goon opinion.

I'm gonna spend some time and recoup from the damage of the sale, but I've changed my views on my backlog and have become a lot more ready to just null things. Realized there's no point in trying to complete everything, just pick out the good ones instead. And instead of going back to play old games before moving onto sequels, I'm gonna start at the sequels if they're universally known as good sequels. If I really like it, then I'll go back and play the originals. In the process of reorganizing my list, I did manage to null a decent amount of games that I know I have absolutely zero interest in and finally created a null category:

A Game of Dwarves
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Aquaria
Atom Zombie Smasher
Dungeonland
Fieldrunners
Gish
Lugaru HD
Nation Red
Revenge of the Titans
Shank
Spiral Knights
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II (with expansions)
Warlock - Master of the Arcane
Zero Gear

I've also started a list I've titled the 'backlog buffer', which is essentially games I know I'd like to beat. My next regular post will likely be a few games from these:

Arma: Cold War Assault, Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Command and Conquer 3, Crusader Kings II, Crysis Warhead, Dark Souls, Dishonored, Fallout: New Vegas, FTL, Guacamelee, Mortal Kombat 9, Painkiller, Red Faction: Armageddon, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Rock of Ages, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Sins of a Solar Empire, Sniper Elite V2, Rainbow Six 3: Athena Sword, Total War: Rome II, Trials Evolution, Tropico 4, Unreal, Wargame: Airland Battle, The Witcher 2

My generic 'incomplete' list is still gigantic. :negative:

Jehde fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 28, 2014

ACPaco
Jan 3, 2009

:420: party everyday :420:
COMPLETED Fallout: New Vegas - Got the hardcore achievement plowing through all four DLC and then went back for each of the final endings. I ended up getting achievements I thought'd I'd never unlock. I think 185 hours sunk into one title is review enough of its quality. I know there's a couple of side quests left undone, but the Mojave is pretty much exhausted for me.

Managed to not buy anything after Day 1 of the Summer Sale! Already posted what weakness I had.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Well, I started playing Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime and then decided I'm not really in the mood for it, so, Borderlands 2.

Total damage from the sale: Steamworld Dig, Fallout 3, Remember Me, Borderlands 2, Metro: Last Light, The Fall, Space Rangers HD, MURI, and the Hexcells Bundle. Of those, I've already finished Steamworld Dig and Hexcells.

Jehde posted:

Finally got through Red Faction: Guerrilla, bugs and GFWL be damned. I really think goons have a bad case of rose tinted glasses when it comes to this game. The game is a bit rough around the edges and there's nothing really holding it together other than the fact that you can smash it all apart. :v: Was pretty fun when they gave you walkers to play with though. I'll play through Armageddon sometime here because I have a feeling that's another case of overblown goon opinion.

I don't know, I replayed RF:G recently and still enjoyed it. Yeah, it doesn't have a lot going for it except the smashing, but the smashing is pretty drat fun.

RF:A improves the smashing and gives you the magnet gun (aka the best weapon ever), and both are fantastic, but they kind of have to be, because the enemies are incredibly irritating to fight, the storyline is considerably more half-assed than RF:G (although not for the reason everyone apparently rages about), the main character is a drooling moron, and the fact that everything is in caves gives you much less scope for exercising all those new building-destroying abilities (and no vehicles). Also, the last few levels are just complete, unmitigated poo poo both writing- and gameplay-wise.

On the plus side, technically, it is overwhelmingly superior to RF:G.

I did enjoy it, but I can see why people were disappointed in it and I honestly thing a straight remake of RF:G in the RF:A engine and with the magnet gun would have been a much better game.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Welp. Tried to crank out some games in preparation for the sale. Tried to clean out some crap during the sale. Net result : My backlog has grown. Again.

Nulled

99 Spirits
- What the heck is this and how did it get here? Bundle fodder that I don't remember. Painful as Hell, too.

Blacksoul Extended Edition - Like a really terrible Resident Evil game with awful graphics and even worse controls. Yikes did this suck.

C-RUSH - Writing a review that just said "C-RAP" was really dumb and obvious, but I did it anyway. I enjoy a good shmup. This isn't one.

Crazy Machines 2 - Maybe Bad Rats ruined Rube Goldberg machine games for me. Not sure, but I didn't like this at all.

CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect - Worst (best) name of the bunch this time around? Another game that I have absolutely no memory of ever adding to my account. Dated horribly, and runs at crazy idiot speeds on a modern PC. Every run is a speed run. *Almost* got through the tutorial before uninstalling.

Eschalon Book 1 and 2
- Double your pleasure. Double your nulls.

Floating Point - OK. This game is free, and I assume can be entertaining in the right circumstances. ie - playing in big picture mode on your couch with a bong and a bag of doritos. Check it out if that's your thing.

Human Tanks I : War of the Human Tanks
- Once again, I have no idea how this got on my account, how to play it, why you would want to play it, or jhsdfjkfsdu8vcusdndj

Jagged Alliance Gold
- Sorry, but almost no game from 1994 is going to be entertaining at this point. I'm sure there's something that is, but this game isn't it. Are all the Jagged Alliance games like this? Cause this seemed terrible.

Jets'n'Guns Gold
- Another shmup misfire. Sigh. Is Sine Mora any good? I think I'll try that soon.

The Maw - Actually a decent little game. Just not for me. Way too cutesy. Probably pretty fun for a 12 year old though. Run around with a strange purple monster and eat everything in sight.

Need for Speed Undercover - Undercover. Underwhelming. Same difference. Put 6 hours in, and gave up. Just wasn't that fun. I've only played 2 NFS games, and Hot Pursuit was absolutely leaps and bounds better in every way. Holy crap the cut scenes on this are so bad. Almost worth struggling through the gameplay for. Almost.

New Reckoning - Whoa. The furthest from being a working game that I've ever encountered on Steam. It's not even technically for sale yet, but somehow having access to the alpha ended up in some bundle. Absolutely dumb as Hell in every way, barely functioning, with opening titles in comic sans.

Rochard Hard Times DLC - I liked Rochard. Played through the entire base game. Nice little puzzle platformer of sorts. This is a small DLC with four new levels that are supposed to be hard. They were. Very. Spent 30 minutes or so not getting anywhere on the first one, watched a bit of a youtube to see what I was supposed to be doing and then just laughed as I realized I would never have the patience or coordination to complete it. Sorry Rochard.

Tsukumogami - Son of a bitch. It's that 99 Spirits thing again, but in it's original Japanese. All the shittiness with bonus confusion.

Maybe Later

Volt - The only game I'm putting in this group this time. If you've ever wanted a sorta puzzle platformer where you control a battery without arms or legs (But can still jump) then this is your game. Got through about 15 levels or so. Fun, but not that great. May break it back out again some day though.

Beat
Batman Arkham Asylum - Finally bothered trying one of the Batman games. Pretty entertaining I thought considering that I don't care about comics or super heroes or Batman etc. Liked the combat a fair amount. Punching the crap out of a crowd of guys was satisfying, and not too difficult for a guy that's pretty crap at button mashing fighting games. Didn't bother finding every little hidden thing or anything, but will definitely give Arkham City a try.

Bioshock Infinite and DLCs
- Hmmmmm. I don't know what to say. I liked it, but didn't love it. I enjoyed it, but can't see myself ever playing it again. Pretty as can be - especially at the start of the game before the floating city goes to poo poo. But there's something just not that satisfying about it. The combat is definitely lacking, though I don't think the combat was ever the highlight of the Bioshock games. Worth a play through if you like the franchise, and certainly at the price it costs nowadays, but if you're a fan of the first two (I've played the first one 4 times I think.) this may be a bit disappointing. Clash in the Clouds DLC was a bunch of pointless arena maps that added nothing for me. The Burial at Sea DLCs put you back in Rapture. While you get to see Rapture before the fall, you're almost immediately sent to a part of Rapture that is more or less already hosed up. Episode one didn't impress me. Episode two at least tried to tie the games all together in a way.

Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf
- I posted in the game's forum that it was terrible and had bad writing. The dev banned me from the forums within 10 minutes. Seeing that I got banned gave me more pleasure than the game did. More or less a terrible attempt at a horror game that looks and plays like a 7th rate Amnesia mod. Just garbage.

Paranormal State: Poison Spring Collector's Edition
- A hidden object adventure game. I clicked a bunch. I found the items. The story was something about a haunted Civil War soldier or something like that. I wasn't really paying attention.

Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands
- Hadn't done a Strong Bad game in a while. Cranked out another one. If you like Homestar Runner humor - you'll like these. If not, you'll hate them. That's all.

They Breathe - Best 69 cent frog based game I've ever played. By far. Took 40 minutes or so to finish. Really strange, but oddly fun. Worth running through it if you have it.

So a load of crap knocked out. But a load of games picked up and or gifted to me. "Uninstalled - not played" folder expanded from a presale 152 to a current 163 games. Not bad at all. Helps that this is the first sale where I spent more gifting than buying things for my self. Thanks backlog - already having everything is paying off!

ManxomeBromide posted:

I played through Sine Mora once and then never looked back. If pressed, I'd say the three best scrolling shmups on Steam are Jamestown, Crimzon Clover, and Ether Vapor. The first two have very similar mechanics where you get a bullet-cancelling super-mode as your "bomb" when you're playing well, and Crimzon Clover has some other tricks up its sleeve with more traditional bombs. Clover's a mad bullet hell (I can get nowhere in arcade mode), Ether Vapor is a more classical fly-and-blow-poo poo-up game, and Jamestown straddles the two worlds which is a big part of why I give it the nod overall.

Yeah - Jamestown is exactly what I'm looking for in that type of game. More Jamestown. (Basically - I want more games like Raiden.)

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 30, 2014

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

Tony Phillips posted:

Jets'n'Guns Gold - Another shmup misfire. Sigh. Is Sine Mora any good? I think I'll try that soon.

I played through Sine Mora once and then never looked back. If pressed, I'd say the three best scrolling shmups on Steam are Jamestown, Crimzon Clover, and Ether Vapor. The first two have very similar mechanics where you get a bullet-cancelling super-mode as your "bomb" when you're playing well, and Crimzon Clover has some other tricks up its sleeve with more traditional bombs. Clover's a mad bullet hell (I can get nowhere in arcade mode), Ether Vapor is a more classical fly-and-blow-poo poo-up game, and Jamestown straddles the two worlds which is a big part of why I give it the nod overall.

In terms of non-scrolling shmups:

NEW GAME/BEATEN/UN-BACKLOG: Luftrausers. Ether Vapor is a game about blowing poo poo up and looking pretty while doing it. Luftrausers is about blowing poo poo up, full stop. There's not a lot of surface variety here but I've been coming back for more regularly after buying it and even after unlocking all the parts.

And then the Summer Sale's last strike against me:

NEW GAME/IN PROGRESS: Transistor. It's gorgeous, I'm enjoying it, but it's not grabby the way Luftrausers was (or, really, as Bastion was). It is good, though.

The summer sale thus bit me for four games, three of which I've already beaten before the end of the sale, and one of which won't last much longer. I'm going to call that relatively unscathed.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Bit of a mess for me at the moment, I'm really moving into games that never end and playing each a bit at a time rather than buying lots of new story-driven games and chewing through them one by one.

One I did beat was Bulletstorm which looked great and was a hell of a lot of fun. Always a shame to see a game end with a cliffhanger and never get a sequel, though. A sequel isn't a divine right because you had some hype and a budget.

Bought Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 for the World Cup mode and it blows FIFA away for single player, great game.

Also bought Plague Inc Evolved which is quite an entertaining mobile adaption. I hope it gets a few more facets to it as I feel like I've solved the puzzle now I've won the game and any more playthroughs won't be that different.

Bought Fate of the World: Tipping Point and added a mod to make things a bit clearer. It's a lot of fun with a Civ-like 'one more turn' feeling and the same grimace as you press the button to put your actions into practice. India is a pain in the arse, though. gently caress you, India. Stop being so smoggy.

My girlfriend bought me Watch Dogs, which got mediocre reviews but I like it a lot, I really enjoy open world games in the GTA/Saints Row/rear end Creed mould so I'm willing to overlook a few flaws. Also dicking around with guards by making things explode seemingly at random is great fun. Not ploughing on with it so much yet as I've been playing games where I can listen to a stream of the World Cup at the same time and alt-tab out. Really works my graphics card, getting 30FPS with a few settings turned down. Expected pain because I have an 7950 and had heard of all the ATI issues but it's not bad for 1440p, really. Looked at an upgrade but according to Tom's Hardware I'm looking at £500+ to make an upgrade worthwhile.

For World Cup purposes the wonderful FTL is getting even more play and I'm steadily unlocking even more ships, I might be dipping in and out of this for years and years.

Now I reserve laptop time for Duolingo, my England game of Football Manager 2014 has moved to my PC and last night I became national hero forever by winning the 2018 World Cup for England! Beat Brazil 2-0 in the final, goals from Rooney, who I talked out of international retirement just before the tournament and Wilshere. Player of the tournament has to goalkeeper Joe Hart for me, though. Only conceded two goals in the whole thing, saved Lukasz Piszczek's penalty in a quarter final-shootout against Poland, pulled off an absurd double save from Messi and Aguero in the semi with the score at 0-0 and denied Brazil an equaliser in the last ten minutes of the final with an outstanding flying save when one-on-one.

I've been strong in the Steam sale, nothing I really fancy and I'm busy as it as. Also Prison Architect has had it's bugfix update released so I'll be back on that as my last game was a lot of fun but got too buggy in the end.

As for the future:
Near-certain buys: Grand Theft Auto 5, Far Cry 4, Batman: Arkham Knight, Assassins Creed Unity
Will buy unless disappointing reviews: Elite: Dangerous, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Rise of the Tomb Raider
Having a good look at: The Witness, The Golf Club, Next Car Game, Dream, Carmageddon Reincarnation

Walton Simons fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 30, 2014

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Tony Phillips posted:

Jagged Alliance Gold - Sorry, but almost no game from 1994 is going to be entertaining at this point. I'm sure there's something that is, but this game isn't it. Are all the Jagged Alliance games like this? Cause this seemed terrible.

System Shock and X-COM were both released in 1994 and both own bones to this day. :colbert:

That said, everyone I've asked about Jagged Alliance has recommended just skipping the first one and going straight to Jagged Alliance 2 with the 1.13 patch; apparently it was better than JA1 in every respect even when it was first released, and it's also aged a lot better.

If you like that sort of game but JA didn't do it for you, maybe check out X-COM or JA2, or, for something more modern, Silent Storm or Xenonauts.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Completed - DLC Quest and its free DLC: Really short, which is good because its gimmick would get old pretty quickly. It was funny enough, not much else to say.

Edit since we're on the same page still:

Beat - The Bridge: This is a pretty tricky puzzle platformer. I was really surprised when I saw it wasn't the same dev who did And Yet It Moves. I made it through the regular levels and did a few of the mirrored levels. But wasn't interested in doing the extra challenge.

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 3, 2014

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I really need to focus on one game but nope, my attention is divided.

Complete poo poo

Bad Rats: I'm Bad Rats King now. Shoot me.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D: I almost enjoyed this more than the SNES games. Almost. Some casshole at Retro decided to take the obnoxious vehicle sections everyone hated from the series and make it one hit kill. What happens in every other DKC game when you get hit on a minecart? You lose a Kong. I usually just stocked up on a dozen crash guards because holy poo poo, what a terrible design idea.

Sam & Max Season 1: Still an enjoyable adventure game series, now it's time for me to finally move on to the second and third seasons.

CastleStorm: Fun casual game. Building a custom castle is kind of dumb but all the modes and options make for a good time waster.

Dear Esther: Dear Esther; I walked in a straight line while soporifically telling you about a man who got syphilis from loving his sheep. I lamented the lack of an auto-walk button like the Bethesda games. It must bring God cruel pleasure knowing I have to hold down the forward key for 60 minutes. I have some affection for cinematic experiences and "walking simulators," but this one has no clear narrative and leaves an impact as long lasting as a midnight bathroom run.

Octodad: I can't remember the last game where I actually yelled at the screen when it ended. Normally video games overstay their welcome but Octodad ended at the same point when I was expecting more. Maybe the novelty would have worn off but I thought the Aquarium's design was great and wanted to see more. Fanastic game but I'm so glad I didn't pay full price for it.

Now Playing
Policenauts: This game is so loving boring, holy poo poo. Snatcher was like an interactive comic book. This game is like watching an episode of CSI except they explain how every individual gadget works. Being mouse based really hurts it and they should have just adapted the menu based system from Snatcher.

Puzzle Quest: This game never ends.

Fallout: New Vegas: I got bored with Fallout 3 on the dozen different occasions I tried to pick it up. New Vegas is practically the same game, same dull graphics, same broken systems yet for some reason I'm hooked.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Beaten: MURI

This game is an unapologetic love letter to early 90s shareware platformers, most specifically Duke Nukem -- even the HUD layout, score pickups, and elevators are the same. Although the colour scheme is a bit more revolting.

While it looks like an early-90s DOS platformer, it is a bit more refined; there's a bunch of secrets and weapon upgrades, the level design is much, much better, and there's even a modicum of plot. However, this is a Daniel Remar game, which means the bar to clear is set not by Duke Nukem but by Iji, and Iji is an extremely difficult act to follow. MURI doesn't manage it, although I don't think it was really trying to in the first place.

It is fun for what it is, though, and at two hours long it's short enough not to overstay its welcome. I'm not sure I'd recommend it to someone who it won't hit the same nostalgia buttons for, though.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
Alright, here's the final list of the damage done to me by the Steam 2014 Summer Sale:

Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Batman Arkham Origins
Beyond Good and Evil
Braid
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Bulletstorm
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Dark Souls
Dishonored
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
Garry's Mod + Counter-Strike: Source
Goat Simulator
Halo: Spartan Assault
Hitman Absolution
L.A. Noire
Metro Last Light Complete
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Sam and Max Season One
Skydrift
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Sparkle 2 Evo
Surgeon Simulator
The Cave
The Walking Dead Season 2
The Witcher 2
Trials Fusion
Wolfenstein: The New Order

I've been playing through Wolfenstein, and am near the end of Chapter 11. This is a GREAT game so far.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Beaten: Transistor - great game, I will be playing the heck out of this.

Beaten: Broken Age part 1 - very charming, I will give it that. Loved the art style.

Beaten: The Shivah - a pretty decent adventure game. It's pretty short (~90 minutes) so it's quick to clear from your backlog.

ShinAli
May 2, 2003

The Kid better watch his step.
It's been a long time coming, but I finally decided to be serious about my Steam problem; I've just hit 605 games, and I'd be surprised if I played a little more than a hundred of them. I've set a semi strict rule of going through my library alphabetically. Not the greatest idea at all, so I'll be going for the games I can beat first and intersperse it for the odd game I'm more interested in playing at the moment. Going through the process of using backloggery, I'm liking the idea of leaving notes for games when they're fresh on my mind.

Here's what I've beaten recently:

ACE COMBAT? ASSAULT HORIZON Enhanced Edition at 12 hours - I've always wanted to get into Ace Combat games, though this one probably wouldn't be the one to go into first. It's a decent enough game, but really hand holdy. I probably got my money's worth from it, for what I paid for it anyways (probably like 5 bucks or something). Not interested in playing through it again at all, and lost all interest in getting into Ace Combat (except maybe for the F2P PS3 game just for multiplayer). Feel like my time would be better spent at grognard sims, which I've always wanted to get into.

Alan Wake at 19 hours - Really, really liked it. The combat is pretty dang good but they wore it down to the nub with the super repetitive and uninspired combat encounters. I really liked the setting and story, even if it's only decent by video game standards. I'd like to play it again but not for a good while.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare at 9 hours - This expanded the combat in Alan Wake in ways that should have been in the beginning. More interesting weapons, more than three enemy types; it really flourished Alan Wake combat and done it some proper justice. The small, open world levels were pretty interesting and I kind of enjoyed them at first. The only three repeated three times over has a decent story reason but felt like an engineered design decision to fit the smallish budget the game probably had. If you liked Alan Wake, I wouldn't skip it. I'm going to try to keep playing it for the arcade mode and try to get all the achievements.

Loading up Alice: Madness Returns and Little Inferno; little worried about Alice since it seems like the type of game where there is some cruft added to lengthen the game.

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

The final damage from the Steam sale: Don't Starve + DLC, the complete Age of Wonders series, Call of Duties VI:MW II, VII:BO I, and VIII:MW III, some Sanctum DLC, a load of Magicka DLC, the entire Bioshock series, including DLC, and finally Dishonored + all DLC. :shepspends: I have only myself to blame.

PLAYED: Don't Starve. Spent an hour playing, decided it wasn't my thing.

COMPLETED: Crusader Kings II. I marked this as Completed, even though I never finished it. That's because this game threatened to eat my whole life. I had to stop playing when I did, otherwise I'd still be playing CKII this time next year. Brilliant game.

PLAYED: Hearts of Iron III. Tried it, couldn't work out what was going on. There's only a few player-made tutorials I could find, and none of them were written for the latest expansion. Moving on.

PLAYED: Naval War Arctic Circle. Boring as all gently caress.

PLAYED: The Walking Dead Season I. I tried to get into this, I really did. I ended up having to force myself to keep playing, which is never a good sign. So, it's on my Will Not Finish list. I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's just not to my taste.

PLAYED: Sanctum DLC. I don't know what happened. I used to really like Sanctum; I finished all the maps and had a lot of fun doing it. It was the first game I ever listed as finished on Backloggery. When I came back to it recently, the game suddenly bored the poo poo out of me. I tried playing the old maps, but they were now dull as dishwater. I don't know why the game no longer interests me, and it was a bit of a mind-gently caress to discover that.

COMPLETED: All of the Magicka DLC. Most of it is various flavours of frustrating bullshit. The only ones I'd actually recommend are Final Frontier, Marshlands, Vietnam and maybe The Other Side of The Coin. The rest is very iffy, except Grimnir's Laboratory which is the absolute worst. Grimnir's is the only Magicka DLC I didn't finish, and the only one I feel was a waste of money. Don't buy it, ever.

A productive two weeks, as I've finally gotten my backlog down to under 100 unfinished games! :dance:

Next up: Since the people in this thread generally have good taste, pick a package from my inventory, and I'll crack it open.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

EightDeer posted:

Next up: Since the people in this thread generally have good taste, pick a package from my inventory, and I'll crack it open.

Yeah there's no choice but Dishonored + the story DLCs. Have fun it's a great game.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

EightDeer posted:

All the Bioshock games are great, even Bioshock 2 (though it's considered the weakest).

EightDeer posted:

The Walking Dead

How far did you get through it? I found the game a bit underwhelming for the first two episodes. But I can assure you it picks up at the third episode and keeps the pace right up. Though I'll admit I enjoy Point and Click games and QTE Adventure games, which I know don't appeal to everyone.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jul 6, 2014

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

Since havenwaters got in first, I'll play Dishonored.

PowerBeard posted:

How far did you get through it? I found the game a bit underwhelming for the first two episodes. But I can assure you it picks up at the third episode and keeps the pace right up. Though I'll admit I enjoy Point and Click games and QTE Adventure games, which I know don't appeal to everyone.

I didn't get very far; only up to the bit where I was in Lee's family pharmacy, looking for pills of some sort. Pretty much everyone says TWD is really good, but I just couldn't get into it.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

EightDeer posted:

I didn't get very far; only up to the bit where I was in Lee's family pharmacy, looking for pills of some sort. Pretty much everyone says TWD is really good, but I just couldn't get into it.

That particular segment is pretty bad. I feel like the devs designed it as a tutorial level, where you begin to talk to the other survivors and interact with objects and people is a confined space, but you are still in some small bit of danger.

I totally get that you might not have liked it though.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I just finished a game I picked up for like four bucks, and I've got that itch of 'I've gotta talk about this somewhere'. Sorry, guys, but you're gonna get the earful.

Mars: War Logs wants to be a Bioware game; a sprawling epic with sharp and nuanced action-RPG mechanics, full of big moral choices, set in a well-defined sci-fi world. Unfortunately those kinds of games are really expensive, so we get janky-yet-serviceable gameplay accompanying us through a story that could've either used a few more or a few less edits, in a sci-fi world that was clerly well thought-out, although poorly communicated.

But if it was 'Bioware big', it would blow most of Bioware's catalog out of the water. If you give it a chance to try, you can see the seeds of a fantastic game that just didn't get the care and money it needed. The end result is a decent enough game, worth picking up on special, but couldn't reach its potential.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
Beaten - Wolfenstein: The New Order (Fergus Timeline)

I'm gonna play Kerbal Space Program for a while, maybe some Eve Online and Starcraft 2 multiplayer before I start a new game.

Tsioc fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 7, 2014

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Beat: Steamworld Dig
Cool little game. I trapped myself more times than I care to admit.

Beat: Super Mario 3D Land
Fun. Don't care enough to do all the secret world bull.

Beat: Dead Space 2
Laughable story but I just wanted to kill aliens. Good enough.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

DannyTanner posted:

Beat: Super Mario 3D Land
Fun. Don't care enough to do all the secret world bull.

You're literally missing half the game and the best levels too.

e: Nintendo really screwed up in how they presented this game because a lot of people were complaining about its "length" when it came out. The special worlds aren't like the star roads or whatever other optional content, they are Part 2 of the game. Stopping here is like shutting off SMB3 when you hit World 4.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 8, 2014

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed. The "special" worlds are an additional 8 lands with 6 stages each. Hardly a typical Mario star road or special stages.

Beat - Gone Home: This was the best movie I've ever played. The story was really well-written so that it's intense the entire time, and you aren't 100% certain what's going to happen until the very end. The atmosphere makes you sit on the edge of your seat the whole game, and the exploration is compelling enough to make you not want to stop. Definitely a game to complete in a single sitting.

Thinking about playing through with dev commentary to hear what they have to say - is it worth it?

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 8, 2014

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

al-azad posted:

You're literally missing half the game and the best levels too.

e: Nintendo really screwed up in how they presented this game because a lot of people were complaining about its "length" when it came out. The special worlds aren't like the star roads or whatever other optional content, they are Part 2 of the game. Stopping here is like shutting off SMB3 when you hit World 4.

Oh. It was my impression they were just 'remixed' versions of the first levels and not much different. I'll check 'em out.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

DannyTanner posted:

Oh. It was my impression they were just 'remixed' versions of the first levels and not much different. I'll check 'em out.

It is mostly remixed maps but with new additions tacked on or new gameplay elements like only having 30 seconds to complete a level or cosmic Mario chasing. There are some new levels, new enemies, and a surprise at the end of special world 1. These levels are pretty challenging so if you enjoyed the main game you'll enjoy these and they're different enough to keep you on your toes.

Now if you're crazy enough to 100% the game you unlock what is probably the hardest level in a Mario game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

EightDeer posted:

COMPLETED/PLAYED: Heroes Rise: The Prodigy and Heroes Rise: The Hero Project. So interactive fiction finally comes to Steam. I know Choice of Games, they've put out some really enjoyable text adventures in the past, so why did they choose to have this utter garbage as their maiden offering? Pretty much all the characters are either boring cliches, creepy sex objects, or lifeless husks only a hair removed from cardboard cutouts. The plot is more heavily railroaded than the Call of Duty games I've played. The writing is about as exciting as cold pasta. Despite all this, the first game held my interest long enough to finish as it promised that all the plot threads it left dangling would be resolved in the sequel...

...which was a pathetic, unoriginal parody of reality TV, mixed with a cheap knockoff of Bourne movie conspiracy bullshit. I uninstalled in disgust. :siren: Do not buy these games. :siren: Not even for 10¢.
I know this is almost a page late, but I just wanted to chime in on this. The first time through the first one, it's actually reasonably enjoyable, assuming you 'play along' with the narrative it's going for, so to speak. There's the illusion of choice handled fairly well, and it doesn't entirely fall apart even if the ending you get is usually decided for you based on your early actions.

Literally all of this falls apart the second you play it a second time, or try to push the narrative in another direction. Black Magic, especially, goes from a somewhat interesting character to literally catered to your ever whim to be the 'perfect conflicted love interest, including in loving gender. I know I should spoil that, but no, I'm not preserving the bullshit mystique this game cheats you into holding.

The Choice Engine guys could have chosen anything to be not just their first foray, but literally the first foray of interactive fiction on Steam, and they chose this loving mess. gently caress this game.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Oh, and don't forget about Black Magic's dark secret.

See, fictional romantic interests sometime have something a little shady or scary about them, to make them seem more interesting, or to give you a thrill. Fairly standard stuff.

But Black Magic takes it beyond the pale when she or he reveals the hidden room in their house where they keep the elderly and mentally retarded, slowly draining them of life to give Black Magic power.

And no, you do not have the choice to immediately notify the authorities. Your choices are "No, it's cool" or "I disapprove, but I guess I see your point"

Heroes Rise really does suck rear end, is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Beaten

Borderlands 2 - Finished the main game and started the missions. Even though I enjoy Tiny Tina, at one point I just hgad enough, and honestly didn't enjoy this game as much as I did the first one (Controversial, I know!!)

Castle: Never Judge a Book by its Cover - Having never watched a single episode of Castle, I have no idea if the plot of this game resembles the TV show, but if it does, they should probably start cleaning up the sets, as this is a classic Hidden Object game with plenty of puzzles and illogical point-and-click adventure elements.
As usual, when playing HO games, I had plenty of fun v:shobon:v

Frederic: Resurrection of Music - A rhythm/music game based on remixes of pieces by Frederic Chopin and a classic French/Belgian comic art style
Input is both keyboard and/or mouse but it also lets you use a touch sensitive screen if you got it.
I played it on easy and it took me two hours to complete without trying to unlock anything, and it looks like there are some extra game modes you can unlock.

Goat Simulator - To be perfectly honest, I loved it when it came out, and I played the crap out of it. But when the update with the new map arrived, I guess I had just had enough. It was still fun and some of the new goals were pretty fun trying to achieve, but in the end I was pretty happy with what I had played.
It's still an awesome game, so definitely grab it and give it a go!

Gomo - A very short and sweet point-and-click adventure like Machinarium, Samarost etc. Not quite as polished but still with the same kind of absurd world and charming characters.

Watch_Dogs - As usual with Ubisoft open world games, the environment is extremely beautiful, even without applying user mods.
Too bad the protagonist is almost as unlikable as Connor in AC3, not teen-angst moody though, just being an rear end in a top hat who doesn't give a poo poo about anyone but himself. Vehicles act like you put a sailboat on wet roller-skates, riding on top of a bar of soap, then strapping a rocket engine on half the vehicles, so they accelerate like a dragster.
I almost immediately disabled the online component because god drat was it annoying to be attacked out of the blue when you were just exploring the world outside of missions. I guess there are several different online modes to play, but I never finished a single of those missions.
Speaking of missions, gently caress those escort/hide from the cops while driving in your bar of rollerskate soap ship. But on the other hand, the missions where you could take out a gang hideout without even entering the area, just by using environmental hazards were pretty drat fun.
But yeah, even if I have the season pass and will get the new DLC mission, I'm just uninstalling now.
Only buy if it's in a bundle or $5.

Nulled

Antichamber - It's probably a deep and awesome 1st person puzzler, but I only got a headache out of it.

Ethan: Meteor Hunter - Very pretty and polished platformer that just didn't do anything for me.

Hexodius - An arena like twin-stick shooter. Got bored after the first sector.

Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm - I got to "play" all of 2 minutes before quitting. I'm sure it's the best RPG Maker game ever though.

Mercenary Kings - Sadly I'm pretty bad at these types of games, and got stuck way too fast for me to continue playing. Loved the art style though.

Multiwinia - Something went wrong in the tutorial (it might have been me missing something), but suddenly I just couldn't progress and just kept producing "men".

Murdered: Soul Suspect - I love the idea, but there are just way too many things that annoy me to want to keep playing. Especially the demons and that utterly stupid random QTE when doing takedowns.

POSTAL - Controls are pretty much messed up, and I couldn't be bothered to try and fix them on Win 7.

Probably Archery - Probably the most awkward QWOP style game I've ever played, and I bow deeply when I see those videos of people playing it like it's Serious Sam.