Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bubba Smith posted:

Anthony hasn't struck me as a very confrontational dude unless he's on the radio/in his car/clearly safe from anything happening. He's really just a scared man wearing mommy's shoes. I don't have any problem believing that Anthony only got racial and angry after she assaulted him.

This.

The way he talks speaks volumes about how scared he is about being mugged/robbed/gunned down. I think if the woman ever spoke up all we'd get is "he was a stuttering creeper taking pictures of me". Infact did he allude to taking his gun into the sirius building a few weeks ago? Doesn't strike me as a man who has alot of confidence in his ability to control a situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Cromulent posted:

Jim was lightning quick with the bombs that day.

Speaking of silly Jimmy, these Jim Norton laugh compilations are some of my favorite show moments. It's essentially Ant making Jim do the wheezing laugh for 40 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYbYo-VrksE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7RdHX5pK0Q

This is the reason why I think Jimmy's going to go with Ant. No one makes Jimmy laugh like Ant. The two have such a great comedic chemistry. Honestly, Ant needs to just get his poo poo together and get out of this racist paranoid poo poo-hole he's dug himself in and do some comedy projects with Jimmy and his comedy buddies. Ant's talents have been underused all these years on the show, it's time he's moved onto other things. This might be good for him.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

If it ends up being the Opie and Sam show I just won't listen. Sam is genius but I cannot handle him in large doses, he has a very short shelf life in any given show before he gets to annoying me even worse than Opie at his flow-crushingest.

Do you think Anthony will even be allowed to call in or will SiriusXM put a full gag order on the situation in place, or somewhere in between? I have a feeling they'll do whichever option is stupidest.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLi6490TgGI

You White motherfucker!

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
The prospect of an Opie and Ron show makes no sense to me. Ron and Fez has always been a very different show, regardless of the friendship the two shows have had and the fact that they were on the same channel for years. Ron brings out the best in pretty much everyone on the air, but Opie sucks and at best I think Ron could pull out a couple decent shows before the novelty wore off completely.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

E: All i hear now is Anthony and Ivory

feigning interest fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 6, 2014

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Capt. Supermarket posted:

The prospect of an Opie and Ron show makes no sense to me. Ron and Fez has always been a very different show, regardless of the friendship the two shows have had and the fact that they were on the same channel for years. Ron brings out the best in pretty much everyone on the air, but Opie sucks and at best I think Ron could pull out a couple decent shows before the novelty wore off completely.

Ron hasn't always done that type of show. Ron & Ron were Opie & Anthony a decade before they even met. And when Opie doesn't feel like he has to steer the ship, he's not half bad.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Capt. Supermarket posted:

Yeah I think Ron absolutely has to own every room he's in, which leads to him relentlessly picking on his co-hosts, producers etc. If there's one thing I know about Opie, it's that he can't handle it when he becomes the butt of the joke. So a Ron + Opie combo would be doomed - they both would want to run the show, but Ronnie B always wins, and I don't think Opie has too much to offer aside from show running.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Gianthogweed posted:

Sticks and stones. Physical violence is always an unjustified escalation of force no matter what names you call someone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_words

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
I just saw 863 new messages did someone get fir..Oh my dear GOD

aha...aha.hahahahaha

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

We Hate Movies is also legitimately hilarious as well. Just 4 guys talking about lovely movies together.

I'm a little late but this is absolutely the best choice. Four New Yorkers dicking around and being funny as hell together. It's absolutely worth your time.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

Rubiks Pubes posted:

What the gently caress does SJW mean?

Remember when GBS was GBS?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I really should think that this is sad cause i'm kind of an empathetic person but I can't bring myself to.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

lol at this dude who used to come to this thread to hulk out about Ant.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Do the people on twitter and whatnot realize that in their attempt to rally for Ant, maybe posting memes about the woman is probably counterproductive?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

shyduck posted:

Do the people on twitter and whatnot realize that in their attempt to rally for Ant, maybe posting memes about the woman is probably counterproductive?
Do stupid people understand the implications of their own stupidity? No, probably not.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Yeah I know, but it's a lovely law.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

feigning interest posted:

E: All i hear now is Anthony and Ivory

Ebony And Anthony rhymes better.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

CrashCat posted:

If it ends up being the Opie and Sam show I just won't listen. Sam is genius but I cannot handle him in large doses, he has a very short shelf life in any given show before he gets to annoying me even worse than Opie at his flow-crushingest.

I think Sam would be a decent replacement for Opie, but not Anthony. He's much more in-tune with pop culture and is actually good at interviewing celebrities. Opie at this stage just seems out of tough with what's going on in the news. His contributions these days is complaining about equipment which makes for terrible radio and going to the phones which are 90% of the time terrible calls.

Opie was good in the past because he had no conscience. He'd trash a celebrity to their face and wasn't afraid of making everyone uncomfortable. It made for great radio that he just didn't give a poo poo. He's mellowed out a lot which is expected with age, but it sort of killed his biggest contribution to the show.

Which reminds me, one of my favorite segments was their interview with Tucker Max when they called him out on his bullshit. This was what Opie was great at.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
If we are posting our favorite moments, this is mine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLC4Go9WZfA

Momma dees for yoooou!

"Bouquet of seaweed" RIP Anthony

D_I fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jul 6, 2014

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The splash at the end of the song.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

It just hit me that this means jocktober is dead and now I'm really sad.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gianthogweed posted:

Sticks and stones. Physical violence is always an unjustified escalation of force no matter what names you call someone.

People with terrible opinions that make people want to hit them feel violence is the worst thing. Shocking.

Anthony should have been hung from a lamp post with piano wire as people with his political views used to be back in good old 1945 Italy.

Edit: Anthony has no problems with force being used on anyone else, remember.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jul 6, 2014

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Gonzo McFee posted:

Anthony should have been hung from a lamp post with piano wire as people with his political views used to be back in good old 1945 Italy.

1. Murder those I political disagree with because I am the good guy social justice superhero on the internet and thought crime should be punished with death!

oh and....

2. Benito Mussolini was not hung for racist beliefs nice revisionist history attempt.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

4outof5 posted:

1. Murder those I political disagree with because I am the good guy social justice superhero on the internet and thought crime should be punished with death!

oh and....

2. Benito Mussolini was not hung for racist beliefs nice revisionist history attempt.

I was calling Anthony a fascist because he is literally a fascist.

People get awfully defensive of the racist millionaire who has said far worse and then gone on to whine that there are consequences for his actions. :allears:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Sixty years ago we'd have him upside-down with a loving fork up his rear end.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

HolePisser1982 posted:

Sick Kramer ref bro!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

JFC posted:

Sick Kramer ref bro!

it's a Mussolini ref too, adding to the insane sickness

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Reddit's trying to organize a protest, Monday morning. As far as I can tell, three people are going to show up.

HolePisser1982 posted:

Won't somebody think of the whites wops :qq:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
"Violence isn't the answer" said the man defending the racist alcoholic who would openly fantasize about shooting black people on his radio show.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I can't believe people actually think Ant is being serious and trying to score points with these pictures and videos of him bro-ing out with Carlton, and not just trolling the gently caress out of the situation.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HolePisser1982 posted:

Something Awful forums. Where the site got famous from 9/11 jokes featuring yakety sax. Now , if you have racist views you deserve to be assaulted and lose your livelihood.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hmmm yaes, Something Awful Dot Com only became famous for poorly photoshopping 9/11, not absolutely anything else they did ages ago or the fairly significant amount of frontpage content.

I don't think you remember what it was like before, when "friend of the family" and "human being" were the go-to insult of 90% of the forums as if you were calling someone a nerd. It was kinda gross! Apparently Lowtax thought so too and asked for people not to use those anymore, and I believe got poo poo on quite a bit for it? But yeah, poorly-made 9/11 photoshops aren't really the same sort of thing as unironic, flagrant racism.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

zapplez posted:

Something Awful forums. Where the site got famous from 9/11 jokes featuring yakety sax. Now , if you have racist views you deserve to be assaulted and lose your livelihood.

It's almost as if there's a difference between humor and someone's actual view on things.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Gonzo McFee posted:

I was calling Anthony a fascist because he is literally a fascist.

People get awfully defensive of the racist millionaire who has said far worse and then gone on to whine that there are consequences for his actions. :allears:

Most politically active Americans on both sides of the political divide are fascist (by definition) knowingly or unknowingly but fascism was not what you where implying in your statement about this specific event.

I have never said he shouldn't have been fired and to be honest I don't really care if he has his satellite radio gig or not. I just think the overblown outrage from people on the internet is sad. Who cares if the racist prick is a racist prick? We're talking about a guy who is paid to be "funny" on the radio not someone who makes choices that effect the minorities he hates every day. He's just some idiot tin knocker who wormed his way onto the radio. He said a naughty word and you and others like you are running around like a pack of third graders whispering about it like it was the crime of the century as if anyone's feelings where actually hurt by Anthony "maybe hitler wasn't wrong ha ha but not ha ha" Cumia's words. Anthony Cumia saying friend of the family did not take the food out of some poor black child's mouth. Anthony Cumia saying friend of the family did not oppress a black man/woman or kill anyone. Anthony Cumia saying friend of the family did the sum total of zilch, zero, zip, nothing, nada, 0.00000~ in the grand scheme of things. There was no black child in Harlem who gave up their dreams because Anthony Cumia said friend of the family. He is just a dumb little man who said a dumb thing calm down everything is going to be ok no one thinks that white people as a whole have negative intentions for minorities. If he called her a friend of the family it's good that she punched him in his stupid mouth. If she started punching him in the face because he took a picture of her I'm a little less inclined to say that's good but whatever. That he posted a racist rant on the internet and it cost him his job is fine that's sirius' choice. But the hand-wringing and huffing and puffing here and other places on the internet is silly we're not talking about a societal movement to opress minorities here we're talking about Anthony "maybe hitler wasn't wrong ha ha but not ha ha" Cumia running his dumb mouth. and yes to be clear I'm telling you it's stupid to be mad that some idiot who doesn't matter said friend of the family or oval office or whatever the story is now.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Casual racism isn't wrong and none of the mouthbreathers who listen to the show thought that Ant made good points. And certainly none of them blamed the jew media after Ant got himself into a jackpot. Nope, none. And everybody in this thread is furious that Ant went on his rant, not laughing at the hilarious way his career ended.

Yup up is down and down is up in my neck of the woods.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

4outof5 posted:

Most politically active Americans on both sides of the political divide are fascist (by definition) knowingly or unknowingly but fascism was not what you where implying in your statement about this specific event.

I have never said he shouldn't have been fired and to be honest I don't really care if he has his satellite radio gig or not. I just think the overblown outrage from people on the internet is sad. Who cares if the racist prick is a racist prick? We're talking about a guy who is paid to be "funny" on the radio not someone who makes choices that effect the minorities he hates every day. He's just some idiot tin knocker who wormed his way onto the radio. He said a naughty word and you and others like you are running around like a pack of third graders whispering about it like it was the crime of the century as if anyone's feelings where actually hurt by Anthony "maybe hitler wasn't wrong ha ha but not ha ha" Cumia's words. Anthony Cumia saying friend of the family did not take the food out of some poor black child's mouth. Anthony Cumia saying friend of the family did not oppress a black man/woman or kill anyone. Anthony Cumia saying friend of the family did the sum total of zilch, zero, zip, nothing, nada, 0.00000~ in the grand scheme of things. There was no black child in Harlem who gave up their dreams because Anthony Cumia said friend of the family. He is just a dumb little man who said a dumb thing calm down everything is going to be ok no one thinks that white people as a whole have negative intentions for minorities. If he called her a friend of the family it's good that she punched him in his stupid mouth. If she started punching him in the face because he took a picture of her I'm a little less inclined to say that's good but whatever. That he posted a racist rant on the internet and it cost him his job is fine that's sirius' choice. But the hand-wringing and huffing and puffing here and other places on the internet is silly we're not talking about a societal movement to opress minorities here we're talking about Anthony "maybe hitler wasn't wrong ha ha but not ha ha" Cumia running his dumb mouth. and yes to be clear I'm telling you it's stupid to be mad that some idiot who doesn't matter said friend of the family or oval office or whatever the story is now.

reminder that anthony cumia got beat up by a black woman so hard that he lost his job

that's pretty much what we're laughing about here i don't think anyone in this thread was "shocked" by what he did. after years of abhorrent racist views, supporting stop and frisk, supporting blatant violations of the rights of anyone as long as they weren't white, and openly fantasizing about killing brown people, he got a comeuppance that you literally couldn't write if you tried and its funny as heck

edit: like, this man actually did not care one iota about anyone's rights except other white males like himself, so to see people boohooing about his made up right to not be fired for being a turd (let us not forget his views on free market principles) is pretty hilarious as well

Tomahawk fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 6, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gonzo McFee posted:

People with terrible opinions that make people want to hit them feel violence is the worst thing. Shocking.

Edit: Anthony has no problems with force being used on anyone else, remember.

I have absolutely no problem with this happening to everyone like Ant and I'm certain the world would become a better place overnight if it were to happen.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gonzo McFee posted:

"Violence isn't the answer" said the man defending the racist alcoholic who would openly fantasize about shooting black people on his radio show.

Who owns DOZENS of guns. Guns which aren't ever used to violent ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

4outof5 posted:

Who cares if the racist prick is a racist prick?

Maybe those animalistic friend of the family hordes who do nothing but chimp out and attack whites with full support and immunity to law enforcement? This situation is so loving amazing for helping people to reveal themselves as the worst loving pieces of poo poo in humanity. Nothing says ethics like dismissing racism and the effects of racists with power.

• Locked thread