Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah you can't feel vahingonilo towards/about yourself. The word for that is masochism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Fair enough, I was mistaken. My brothers sure experienced it though, they laughed their asses off.

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof
Let's just say you were an integral component of a shadenfreude event and call it a day.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH
what if you had multiple personality disorder

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

snortpocket posted:

what if you had multiple personality disorder

Doesn't matter. The personality who experienced it cannot experience schaudenfraude and the nature of the disassociation there means that the other personalities by definition did not experience the bad thing and thus can experience schadenfreude. Even Schizophrenics can't have that both ways.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

"It's not even on...:supaburn:"
I could watch his spastic little dance all day.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsgVDFvALlw

The butthole is pretty much the natural place for it to end up.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

"It's not even on...:supaburn:"

Heres the video (Cant seem to find the one without subtitles) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOCN4mmoW0k

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

SiKboy posted:

Heres the video (Cant seem to find the one without subtitles) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOCN4mmoW0k

It's linked in the description of the version you just posted. :crossarms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW1B2FuxKYg

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I love every second of this gif. Just when you think it can't get any better, the bike smashes into the pole, shrapnel goes everywhere and it starts pissing out steam from its ruptured cooling system.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
It took me something like five days to get through this forum thread, mostly because my internet connection is such crap. It might not be schadenfreude as much as venting and sharing stories. But I found it schadenfreude-y.

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 07:15 on Jul 7, 2014

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It took its first opportunity to escape into sweet freedom, unaware it couldn't survive in the wild. :(

oval office raja posted:

He's an EMT willing to shock LA Beast with an electrified dog collar multiple times though, so I don't know what that says about his professionalism.
I imagine if you have to put up with LA Beast's antics on a regular basis, you're gonna let your standards slip every once in a while when you get the chance.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

trickybiscuits posted:

It took me something like five days to get through this forum thread, mostly because my internet connection is such crap. It might not be schadenfreude as much as venting and sharing stories. But I found it schadenfreude-y.
Oh god I'm only on the first page:

quote:

If those two dudes broke your arm while you were walking home from Church on a Friday night, and the trauma surgeon fixed it via external fixation, DO NOT by any means use a wirecutter to remove it 4 days after discharge.

quote:

If you are going to get into a fight, and have a prosthetic eye, make sure you take it out first.....and, for safe keeping, shove it up your vagina.....then realize that you cannot get it out and go to the ED for removal.

quote:

Similarly, if you're 90 and gonna get a hooker, pay up...amazingly, the slash through-and-through both esophagus and trachea along with at-the-door full arrest was survived and he went home trached, never to speak or eat again...hope she was worth it.

quote:

When stealing a Rx pad to fill it out correctly when turning it into the pharmacy the following day, they'll realize something is fishy when you write for "1.2 pounds of Mofin".

Palpek has a new favorite as of 10:15 on Jul 7, 2014

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Doctor Bishop posted:

It's linked in the description of the version you just posted. :crossarms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW1B2FuxKYg

This is everyone's experience with those pulsed electric fences. :v:

"No look it's safe, I've touched it 5 times now and nothing happen-NNNNRRGGGGHHH gently caress"

This gif just keeps on giving.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

trickybiscuits posted:

This is gold. :allears:

quote:

When attempting a self-circumcision do not use dry ice to numb the area... and when the dry ice sticks to the... a.... area, do not attempt to remove the ice with boiling water.

ed:

quote:

I once spent a day snowboarding and forgot to wear sunscreen. I got an absolutely blistering sunburn. A coworker picked up a chart and said, "oh, K****, you should see this one." The chief complaint was sunburn. I went in and said, "Hi, I'm Dr. M*****. How can I help you?" to a patient who wasn't burned nearly as badly as I was. Without even making eye contact the sniveling, crying patient began telling me about their horrible, painful sunburn. In mid sentence they happened to look up at me, said, "Oh!" and stopped crying.

quote:

if you are going to have a leg amputated in a car accident be very sure that the neighborhood dog is not lurking in the area...they tend to take what they can get. even legs!

quote:

After cutting your own throat with a box knife and missing all major vessels, it is a good idea to stand outside and have a smoke while awaiting the ambulance... the crew will likely get a good laugh out of watching the smoke pour out of your nearly-transected trachea!

and just to keep with the thread title:

quote:

If your rear end is sore from lots of diarrhea, turpentine can be quite soothing to your sphincter.
:gonk:

quote:

1.) If you are a psych patient in need of hospitalization do not argue your point against staying by ripping the surgical lamp off the ceiling and threatening to electrocute yourself with the loose wires. We called the NYPD. The NYPD called the SWAT team. The SWAT team had to take down the guy using a tazer gun.

quote:

If you come to the ER (by EMS of course) with 2 days of priapism which you've had before and I aspirate and inject your penis with phenylephrine and it starts to go down don't sit in your bed and stroke yourself until it gets hard again (not making this up).

Seriously, go read the thread. These are the choice bits but the entire thing is like a smorgasbord of WTF/stupidity/schadenfreude.

Pierzak has a new favorite as of 13:00 on Jul 7, 2014

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The gently caress would even possess someone to try that? And in what circumstances EVER does "boiling water down the pants" become a good idea?

That is truly a special kind of idiocy. I can only marvel at it.

Catts
Nov 3, 2011

quote:

Woman comes into the ER. States that she has a sore belly/abdomen. A pelvic exam reveals some interesting findings. First, her vaginal vestibule is being held closed with a number of safety pins that are beginning to rust (if I remember correctly). When these are removed, several pieces of chicken- presumably making up a whole bird, were subsequently removed from her vagina. She then revealed that she was desperate to get pregnant, and thought that shoving a chicken "up there" and fastening it closed woud do the trick.
:froggonk:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
It's like, you think you've heard, read or seen all the hosed up and weird things in the world. And then someone comes along and shoves a chicken up their vagina or, as someone else in that thread posted, pulls out a crack pipe from their vagina and proceeds to eat it. A glass crack pipe.

Great find, that thread.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Foxhound posted:

It's like, you think you've heard, read or seen all the hosed up and weird things in the world. And then someone comes along and shoves a chicken up their vagina or, as someone else in that thread posted, pulls out a crack pipe from their vagina and proceeds to eat it. A glass crack pipe.

Great find, that thread.

:nms:http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3403908&pagenumber=56&perpage=40#post430994574:nms:

To appropriate a Debate Disco refrain: there is always more and it is always worse.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

razorrozar posted:

:nms:http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3403908&pagenumber=56&perpage=40#post430994574:nms:

To appropriate a Debate Disco refrain: there is always more and it is always worse.

.txt

:stonk:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Foxhound posted:

Great find, that thread.

There's also the Healthcare Stories thread in Goon Doctor - a lot of it involves butts and butt related injuries.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
When watching the Tour de France, you should perhaps pay attention to the racers right in front of you, rather than looking through your zoom lens.

Similarly, get your cell phones out of the racers faces.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had glimpses of that gif.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Speaking of butts:

quote:

If you are 13 and feeling....experimental....Don't use the dish hose from the sink as your ambassador to rectal pleasure. If you do, the spring-loaded handle thingy will open after you shove it up past the anus, making it impossible to get out.

Furthermore, it will be difficult to explain to your step-father when he discovers you how you became 'tethered' to the sink by the dish hose.

You'll have to have it surgically removed. And I'm betting nobody will volunteer to do the dishes ever again...

Also, that thread was from their ER subforum. Have an equivalent from the pharmaceutical section:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/things-i-learn-from-my-patients.117497/

And the EMS section:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/things-i-learned-on-the-ambulance.109585/

Pierzak has a new favorite as of 16:25 on Jul 7, 2014

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Are you guys confusing this with the stdh thread?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Decrepus posted:

You clearly haven't been reading The Health Care Stories thread: Inanimate objects in people's asses thread.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

quote:

She then revealed that she was desperate to get pregnant, and thought that shoving a chicken "up there" and fastening it closed woud do the trick.

Wrong type of cock, I guess.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

How could you not post the full story? :argh:

It's the last few lines that bring it all together.

"It's a boy!"

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Regalingualius posted:

How could you not post the full story? :argh:

It's the last few lines that bring it all together.

"It's a boy!"

That was the OTHER chicken fetus story, I linked it above.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

:stare:

So many links...too many links...

:Edit:

Welp I got to "It's a boy" and I am scarred for life in a way that I did not think was possible. It's been fun SA :suicide:

TheSpiritFox has a new favorite as of 19:04 on Jul 7, 2014

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

TheSpiritFox posted:

:stare:

So many links...too many links...

Welp I got to "It's a boy" and I am scarred for life in a way that I did not think was possible. It's been fun SA :suicide:

Haha, you've never read the GE Cafe confessional. I don't have archives, but someone please quote his shower pink sock confessional (spoilerized for butt sanity. Do not GIS that term).

Did you get to the one where Lady who spent 6+ months on a couch without getting up (stressing last part), and ended up having the skin of her back fused to the couch fibers, requiring surgery to lift her out of the house?

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Jul 7, 2014

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.

razorrozar posted:

I wanna go home now. :(

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Fishstick posted:

...someone please quote his shower pink sock confessional (spoilerized for butt sanity. Do not GIS that term).

I did the opposite of what you suggested, but all I get are promotional pictures of some sort of monkey-themed party favors and decorations.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

JD-Smith posted:

I wanna go home now. :(

Don't feel bad. I had to type the words "the other chicken fetus story" today. :shepicide:

I feel like there's a thread title in there somewhere.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

jeebus bob posted:

I did the opposite of what you suggested, but all I get are promotional pictures of some sort of monkey-themed party favors and decorations.

You lucked out. GE cafe's story is a classic definition as UD coins it (spoiler for sanity)the result of excessive anal interaction;
the intestines actually exit through the anus, forming a dangling mass, resembling a pink sock

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I always confuse pink sock with wizard's sleeve. Maybe I need some sort of mnemonic so I can remember which is which.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I always confuse pink sock with wizard's sleeve. Maybe I need some sort of mnemonic so I can remember which is which.

Giant Cocks Cause Pink Socks

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

razorrozar posted:

Don't feel bad. I had to type the words "the other chicken fetus story" today. :shepicide:

I feel like there's a thread title in there somewhere.

Schadenfreude thread: No, that's the OTHER chicken fetus story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Decrepus posted:

EMS personnel have been circulating the "woman comes to the ER with a chicken safety-pinned in her cooch" since the '70's. If it's not just an urban legend, it's sure as hell guilty of seeming like one.

The rest of that poo poo, though, I don't doubt. One of my good friends has been a paramedic for going on twenty years, and has tons of stories just like those. It takes a hell of a person to see stuff like that day in and day out and still be able to keep working.

• Locked thread