Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MOTYC: Uhaa Nation, Shingo Tagaki, Akira Tozawa vs. Eita, Flamita, and T. Hawk - Dragon Gate 7/3/2014

oatgan fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

oatgan posted:

HM: Uhaa Nation, Shingo Tagaki, Akira Tozawa vs. Eita, Flamita, and T. Hawk - Dragon Gate 7/13/2014

are you psychic or something

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
HM: Cavernario, Dragon Lee, Negro Casas vs. Cachorro, Hechicerro, Virus - CMLL 05/23

watch this fuckin match yall

edit:
if you like indy spotfests holy gently caress is this your match: Angélico, Australian Suicide, Jack Evans vs Chessman, Daga, Pentagón Jr.. guess ill give that one a MOTYC nod. will probably return with more as my foray into the world of lucha continues.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jul 4, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

are you psychic or something

no just bad at typing

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
WMOTYC - Eva Marie vs AJ Lee - SmackDown 7/4

Basically everything was botched, and the rest was sloppy.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HM - Alex Shelley vs El Desperado - NJPW Kizuna Road 7/4

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Daniel Bryan posted:

Having AJ's first actual match after returning being Eva Marie has to be somebody's idea of a joke right?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dimebags Brain posted:

Having AJ's first actual match after returning being Eva Marie has to be somebody's idea of a joke right?

It is pretty funny.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

in the biz we call them "ribs"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Daniel Bryan posted:

Just watched it, seconding.

Eva Marie has ONE wrestling move to do in the entire match - a clothesline.

She hosed it up.

HOW!?!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

It was like a minute? With a botch. It's not one of the worst things I've seen this year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

It was like a minute? With a botch. It's not one of the worst things I've seen this year.

I agree, they even covered up the clothesline pretty well.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
lmao

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

I Before E posted:

HM - Alex Shelley vs El Desperado - NJPW Kizuna Road 7/4

yea

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Thirded. I'm excited for Time Splitters vs Suzuki-gun.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
MOTYC: Biff Busick vs. Drew Gulak, CZW To Infinity 4/27

:stare: not sure what's going on in CZW but apparently their world title matches are Jack Brisco-style wrestling clinics now? anyway it's really loving good and probably up there in my top 5 of the year thus far. just a shame about the awful czw crowd.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jul 6, 2014

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

:stare: not sure what's going on in CZW but apparently their world title matches are Jack Brisco-style wrestling clinics now? anyway it's really loving good and probably up there in my top 5 of the year thus far. just a shame about the awful czw crowd.

Pretty much ever since Gulak has been in the title picture, though obviously it has never gotten over with CZW crowd. I mean, they come for peope getting thrown off 30-feet high barbedwire-covered scaffold through 20 layers of glass into a pool of razorblades, and then the main event is a guy who focuses on ACTUAL WRESTLING? Easily makes Gulak the biggest heel in the company.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Germansimp posted:

Pretty much ever since Gulak has been in the title picture, though obviously it has never gotten over with CZW crowd. I mean, they come for peope getting thrown off 30-feet high barbedwire-covered scaffold through 20 layers of glass into a pool of razorblades, and then the main event is a guy who focuses on ACTUAL WRESTLING? Easily makes Gulak the biggest heel in the company.

So is he playing it like he's too good to do garbage wrestling or that he looks down on it? You know, sort of like Steve Corino when he was in ECW?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: Keiji Mutoh, Rob Terry and Taiyō Kea vs. Masayuki Kono, René Duprée and Samoa Joe, TNA One Night Only: Global Impact Japan
MOTYC: Seiya Sanada vs. Austin Aries, TNA One Night Only: Global Impact Japan

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

I was there live and I'd probably give it a HM over a MOTYC. I dunno what was up with the crowd during that match but it was followed by The Beaver Boys vs the Juicy Product which I though was the best match that night. So the crowd was probably cooling off from that.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
MOTYC: ACH vs. Ricochet, PWG Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n Roll, 5/23/14
MOTYC: Akira Tozawa, Shingo Takagi, Uhaa Nation vs. T-Hawk, Eita, Flamita, 7/3/14 DG: Rainbow Gate
MOTYC: YAMATO, Naruki Doi vs. BxB Hulk, BxB Masa, 7/3/14, DG: Rainbow Gate
HM: Masato Yoshino, Ricochet vs. Jimmy Susumu, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, 7/3/14 DG: Rainbow Gate

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Extra May Updates

UPGRADED FROM HM TO MATCH OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE:

BxB Hulk vs. CIMA vs. Jimmy Kanda vs. Masato Yoshino vs. Mr. Kyu Kyu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin vs. Naruki Doi - 05/05 Dragon Gate: Dead or Alive

HM:

Kevin Steen, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson vs. Johnny Gargano, Cedric Alexander & Trevor Lee - PWG Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n Roll, 5/23/14

June Updates:

MOTY

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt - 06/01 WWE Payback
Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose vs. Triple H, Batista & Randy Orton
KUSHIDA vs. Ricochet - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Final Day 06/08/2014
Kota Ibushi vs. Ricochet - 6/21 NJPW Dominion
Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin - 06/22 ROH Best in the World
Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston - 06/29 WWE Money in the Bank

HM

Sheamus vs. Cesaro - 06/01 WWE Payback
Kenny Omega vs. El Desperado - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Day 4 06/03
Bad Luck Fale, Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson & Yujiro Takahashivs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Final Day 06/08/2014
Adrian Neville vs. Tyson Kidd - 06/12 WWE NXT
Austin Aries vs. Kenny King - 6/15 TNA Slammiversary XII
Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA vs. Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson - 6/21 NJPW Dominion
Roderick Strong vs. Cedric Alexander - 06/22 ROH Best in the World
Matt Hardy & Mike Bennett vs. Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe - 06/22 ROH Best in the World
Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian - 06/22 ROH Best in the World
Dolph Ziggler vs. Bad News Barrett - 06/23 WWE RAW
Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Tama Tonga, & Bad Luck Fale vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov - 06/29 NJPW Kizuna Road
Yujiro Takahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii - 06/29 NJPW Kizuna Road
Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso vs. Luke Harper & Erick Rowan - 06/29 WWE Money in the Bank
John Cena vs. Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton vs. Cesaro vs. Sheamus vs. Kane vs. Alberto Del Rio - 06/29 WWE Money in the Bank

WMOTY

Lucky 13 vs. Jaki Numazawa - 06/14 CZW Tournament Of Death 2014
John Cena vs. Kane - 06/16 WWE RAW

Close matches, didn't make it:

3 MOTYC: ACH vs. Ricochet, PWG Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n Roll, 5/23/14
3 MOTYC: Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Cole, PWG Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n Roll, 5/23/14

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
I'll nth ACH vs Ricochet for MOTY from PWG Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n Roll, 5/23/14

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

ChampRamp posted:

MOTYC: ACH vs. Ricochet, PWG Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n Roll, 5/23/14
MOTYC: Akira Tozawa, Shingo Takagi, Uhaa Nation vs. T-Hawk, Eita, Flamita, 7/3/14 DG: Rainbow Gate
MOTYC: YAMATO, Naruki Doi vs. BxB Hulk, BxB Masa, 7/3/14, DG: Rainbow Gate
HM: Masato Yoshino, Ricochet vs. Jimmy Susumu, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, 7/3/14 DG: Rainbow Gate

Rainbow Gate was my first DG show and I thought it was really enjoyable but nothing on there was even HM-worthy to me. I will revisit those matches tho.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'll nth the close matches. I just watched the show last night for the first time.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Rainbow Gate was my first DG show and I thought it was really enjoyable but nothing on there was even HM-worthy to me. I will revisit those matches tho.

If it was your first show, I can understand how you didn't enjoy the main as much. I thought it was a great show.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
MOTYC: Masanobu Fuchi vs. Osamu Nishimura, AJPW Summer Action Series 07/12

Maybe a marginal pick for me but I think it just about makes the cut... and it's certainly a hell of a lot better than some things that others have given the nod tbh. It's a match between a 60 year old and a 40 year old so obviously if you need a ton of action or cool moves in your wrestling you're not going to get it here. I thought they told an incredible story of the old man trying to prove he can still go and really milked the limited amount of stuff they did for everything it was worth.

edit: link fixed

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jul 13, 2014

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Maybe a marginal pick for me but I think it just about makes the cut... and it's certainly a hell of a lot better than some things that others have given the nod tbh. It's a match between a 60 year old and a 40 year old so obviously if you need a ton of action or cool moves in your wrestling you're not going to get it here. I thought they told an incredible story of the old man trying to prove he can still go and really milked the limited amount of stuff they did for everything it was worth.

Youtube pulled the video because "It was too long".

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

KungFu Grip posted:

Youtube pulled the video because "It was too long".

Fixing it, uploaded on wrong account :I

edit: done

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 13, 2014

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

HM: Devitt vs. Zack Sabre Jr. at PROGRESS Chapter 13 (1hr33min into this video if it doesn't link properly) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2coTptmlM&t=5603s

Del Raminos fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jul 13, 2014

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I watched that a couple days ago, I seem to remember there being a stupid no sell spot in it that took it down significantly for me. Devitt vs. Dave Mastiff from IPW UK: Zack vs. Hero was better though disappointingly short at 12 minutes. Dave Mastiff is maybe my favourite worker in the UK right now.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jul 13, 2014

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

I got too sucked in to notice anything egregious but I'll give it a fresh look later

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Del Raminos posted:

HMOTY: Devitt vs. Zack Sabre Jr. at PROGRESS Chapter 13 (1hr33min into this video if it doesn't link properly) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2coTptmlM&t=5603s

Pronunciation of the year, "Scheduled for one fall."

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Speaking of Mastiff, this is I guess a HM from me: Justin Synum vs. Dave Mastiff, Pro Evo Wrestling 04/12

he's great enough in this match for it to be a HM on his performance alone. If he'd been in there against someone with actual fire and charisma instead of the wimpiest babyface ever it probably would've been a MOTYC. His jawing with the kids and grannies in the crowd :allears: I love indie shows with crowds like this rather than annoying smarks that chant 'this is awesome' every 5 seconds.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jul 13, 2014

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Del Raminos posted:

HMOTY: Devitt vs. Zack Sabre Jr. at PROGRESS Chapter 13 (1hr33min into this video if it doesn't link properly) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2coTptmlM&t=5603s

Man is Devitt excellent. Zack Sabre Jr would of had a great match had he learned to sell... Such a talented guy with such a glaring weakness. Still, far better than I could ever do.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

It's a match between a 60 year old and a 40 year old so obviously if you need a ton of action or cool moves in your wrestling you're not going to get it here.

Chain wrestling transition moves are some of the coolest moves in wrestling so I disagree with that sentiment. Reminded me of a great Johnny Saint-Johnny Kidd match I saw on some Chikara show but with way more impact. Plus it got drama out of a scoop slam in the year 2014.

I'll give this an HM.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Hi, I am a nerd who just watched his first ever Dragon Gate match and would like to get an unnecessary MOTYC nomination to Mochizuki vs. Yoshino on 1/16/2014, thank you and God bless.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

I'll give a HM to this. I wanted to give one to Fuchi and Nishimura, but it's just below that mark for me. I'd still recommend watching it to everyone, though - it was very interesting watching them work around their obvious limitations (and also to watch someone who looks as old in the face as Fuchi does to throw a dropkick!)

Devitt and Sabre was good, too, but not at HM level for me.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
MOTYC: Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Shinobu, BJW Korakuen Hall 06/30

I have some reservations about this, mainly that the extent to which a guy who looks like Sekimoto sold for a guy who looks like Shinobu kind of stretched believability and the kickouts at the end felt a little excessive, but if you can overlook or just don't care about that stuff this is really great. Really liked the image of Sekimoto dragging himself halfway across the ring to break the STF, the german into the turnbuckle looked brutal and the finish was really cool. Definitely watch if you're into the modern day New Japan Big Match Style, especially Ishii, 'cause that's pretty much the kind of match they have here.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jul 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

MOTYC: Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Shinobu, BJW Korakuen Hall 06/30

I have some reservations about this, mainly that the extent to which a guy who looks like Sekimoto sold for a guy who looks like Shinobu kind of stretched believability and the kickouts at the end felt a little excessive, but if you can overlook or just don't care about that stuff this is really great. Really liked the image of Sekimoto dragging himself halfway across the ring to break the STF, the german into the turnbuckle looked brutal and the finish was really cool. Definitely watch if you're into the modern day New Japan Big Match Style, especially Ishii, 'cause that's pretty much the kind of match they have here.
Go watch Daisuke Sekimoto's run as the DDT Pro Champion right now.

Specifically: Sekimoto vs Kota Ibushi and Sekimoto vs Masa Takanashi.

Sekimoto has been a severely under-rated bruiser-style wrestler for a long time, who's never gotten the recognition he deserves from New Japan or the USA. He's incredible.

Just watch his entire KO-D run:
http://www.cagematch.net/?id=5&nr=739&page=4&year=2010

vs Shuji Ishikawa (2/28/10)
vs Sanshiro Takagi (3/14/2010)
vs Masa Takanashi (4/04/2010)
vs Kota Ibushi (5/04/2010)
vs Shuji Ishikawa (6/13/2010)
vs HARISHIMA (7/25/2010)

The story of the run was an outsider winning the title from Ishikawa at a Union Pro show. Takagi, the owner of DDT was outraged and was the first to challenge for the title. Masa Takanashi, the long-standing comedy undercard guy was the next to challenge, to try and stand up for DDT. Up to that point he was exclusively a comedy character but manned-up for the title fight and put on one of the best underdog performances I've seen in wrestling. Imagine Santino Morella getting serious, dropping the gimmicky cobra poo poo, and challenging Brock Lesner.

After Takanashi's loss, the "Golden Star" of the company Kota Ibushi challenged, and it looked like he'd be the one to take the title. He was the face of the company and most popular star in DDT's history. The match turned into a shoot-fight halfway through and Ibushi and Takagi stiff the ever-loving gently caress out of one another.

Ishikawa gets a chance at redemption in title defense #4, and tries to take the title back from the unstoppable Sekimoto, but fails.

Finally, HARISHIMA, the DDT veteran challenges for the title, and sadly wins. He isn't a bad wrestler but he's like the John Cena of DDT Pro, where the default action is just throwing their title on him.

All six matches were goddamn good matches and you should check as many out as you can find. It's my favorite title run in any promotion because of the story, and the classic matches.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jul 14, 2014

• Locked thread