Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Nah you can get it later, although it'll be quite a while before you can go back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Austrian mook posted:

You missed it, sorry dude. :(

Ahhhh poo poo. No big deal. I wasn't planning on 100% anyway and I don't feel like replaying the first 2 hours. That's one thing that always bothered me about the Zelda games, though. The inability to undo an error.

Edit: Oh cool, you can get it back? I'm assuming not until the very end? That's not so bad since 1 heart piece isn't going to make or break you.

Fremry fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 6, 2014

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fremry posted:

Edit: Oh cool, you can get it back? I'm assuming not until the very end? That's not so bad since 1 heart piece isn't going to make or break you.

More like the midway point, it'll be super obvious when you have another chance to get it. It's pretty rare for any Zelda to lock Heart Pieces away if you miss the first opportunity to get them. So this

Fremry posted:

That's one thing that always bothered me about the Zelda games, though. The inability to undo an error.
makes no sense.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

On the last boss of The Wonderful 101 and the gamepad battery dies :argh:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fellatio del Toro posted:

On the last boss of The Wonderful 101 and the gamepad battery dies :argh:

This is a legit tragedy. I had something similar way back when too Final Boss shows his true form and the game fades to black to load... then freezes. I had to restart the entire mission, talk about a mood killer

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I just had to share this. I feel this should be in the OP of all future Wii U and/or Mario threads.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The challenge mode in NSMBU is amazing. It's a shame that NSLU didn't add any new challenges.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Spectacle Rock posted:

I just had to share this. I feel this should be in the OP of all future Wii U and/or Mario threads.

jesus CHRIST

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Maybe there's a better thread to ask this, but I'm playing Guacamelee and I'm loving it, but I'm stuck in a spot.

This is in Sierra Morena. How do I cross this? From what I've read, I think it's on the way to the Goat Fly. Sorry for the horrible picture.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Spectacle Rock posted:

Now in YouTube form!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHDlJTIYaD0

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Got :siren:MY GIRLFRIEND:siren: to play mario world co op, and some mario kart 8. Another person local makes this console so much better!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Welp I finished The Wonderful 101. The game was frustrating as hell in some places and a few parts of the game kind of sucked but man, everything else about it was so great that it was hard to give a poo poo about that stuff.

What a game :allears:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fremry posted:

Yeah, I've played OOT twice and never finished it. Back in '96-'97 I got to the Water Temple and never picked it back up, and played it on 3DS, got to the Spirit Temple and never finished. I don't know why, I just get far in that game and have no interest in finishing it.

gently caress it. Water Temple is precisely when that game gets really frustrating. It's a shame, because the entire Ganon encounter (at the end) is one of the greatest in any Zelda game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

$10, actually.

And there's nothing HD about the 3DS' resolution.

It is compared to the original N64's :v:.

enojy posted:

gently caress it. Water Temple is precisely when that game gets really frustrating. It's a shame, because the entire Ganon encounter (at the end) is one of the greatest in any Zelda game.

To be fair though, the 3DS version does a lot to mitigate the Water Temple's frustrations by pointing out where each of the three water-adjusting panels are. drat thing's still a long slog, but it's worth it for the Dark Link fight :allears:.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I've never had an issue with any of the later temples/dungeons. Forest Dungeon was the one where I got stuck.

And trying to even get into the second dungeon the first time I played the game I guess. Rented it one weekend, could not figure it out and it was almost 5 years before I touched the game again.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Welp I finished The Wonderful 101. The game was frustrating as hell in some places and a few parts of the game kind of sucked but man, everything else about it was so great that it was hard to give a poo poo about that stuff.

Now get 100% on everything. We'll suffer through/enjoy that together!

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Guys. Pikmin 3 is pretty awesome.

GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!
I feel like there is something wrong with me because I am really enjoying Sonic Lost World. I find the controls to be precise and the level design to be pretty awesome. There is a couple spots where things get a little frustrating, and whoever designed the first ice level can go straight to hell, but I'm in shadow forest about to do the boss and I'm having a great time, I'm perplexed by the wildly negative reviews.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

My WiiU hardlocked 6 hours into a marathon Triforce-collectin' session in Wind Waker HD. Guess who didn't save that entire time?? :shepicide:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

GRINK HELCH posted:

I feel like there is something wrong with me because I am really enjoying Sonic Lost World. I find the controls to be precise and the level design to be pretty awesome. There is a couple spots where things get a little frustrating, and whoever designed the first ice level can go straight to hell, but I'm in shadow forest about to do the boss and I'm having a great time, I'm perplexed by the wildly negative reviews.

I felt the same way after playing the demo. It seemed totally serviceable in a Mario galaxy clone sort of way.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

GRINK HELCH posted:

I feel like there is something wrong with me because I am really enjoying Sonic Lost World. I find the controls to be precise and the level design to be pretty awesome.

Your experience seems to be the exact opposite of mine. There were a few good levels but most were far too boring to make me want to keep wrestling with the awful controls to play them. :shrug:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm kinda glad to hear I wasn't the only one running into bugs in W101, it's frozen on me 5+ times during boss fights in my playthroughs. Also at the end of the Walltha fight, I went into hero time right as I got the last hit and his knockback animation from it took 4-5 minutes to finish because everything was moving in super slow motion. (Much slower than what you usually get from hero time)

It's probably still the most fun I had with a game last year though

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 6, 2014

rpowelll
May 13, 2014

SM3DW spoilers: Somehow I completely missed the extra worlds after you beat Bowser. I just didn't spot the construction site for the rocket ship in world 1 when I went back to do green stars.

Am I an idiot or was that really not very obvious?

mtr
May 15, 2008

LividOcelot posted:

SM3DW spoilers: Somehow I completely missed the extra worlds after you beat Bowser. I just didn't spot the construction site for the rocket ship in world 1 when I went back to do green stars.

They show it in a quick cut scene after the credits roll as sort of a "here's something new you should go check out", but it's not very obvious and if you stopped paying attention at the end then it's easy to miss.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

LividOcelot posted:

The game very directly shows you the rescued prixies floating there after the credits. Perhaps you turned away afterword?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

My WiiU hardlocked 6 hours into a marathon Triforce-collectin' session in Wind Waker HD. Guess who didn't save that entire time?? :shepicide:

Yeah I can't believe they didn't add auto-save to WWHD, I honestly just forget sometimes and shut down the console with the power button. Load up and oops I have to do the earth temple again :suicide:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It also starts you out right next to it the next time you boot up the game.

Mobius
Sep 26, 2000

GRINK HELCH posted:

I'm with you on this, and am glad to see someone else enjoyed it as much as me. I don't usually even like Sonic games that much, but I absolutely tore through this one. It just felt right.

Smoove J
Sep 13, 2003

yeah Meade's ok I spose
Just beat Muramasa's Momohime story in Shura mode, wii remote+nunchuk is a pain in the rear end! I hope my controller arrives tomorrow. This game rules!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Now that you've played the last mission, does it suddenly make you realize why everyone was pestering Kamiya and Platinum about making the next Star Fox game?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

LividOcelot posted:

You're an idiot but so am I!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Smoove J posted:

Just beat Muramasa's Momohime story in Shura mode, wii remote+nunchuk is a pain in the rear end! I hope my controller arrives tomorrow. This game rules!

By the way, you know that you can switch between stories mid-run right? Just save, back out, and continue as the other character.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Modern games have spoiled us. I lost about 3 hours of progress last week because of a power flicker. This included the entirety of Tower of the Gods, the shittiest dungeon I'll ever encounter either as Linku or in real life.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Save after you enter a dungeon.
Save after you find a new item.
Save after you beat a dungeon.

It takes no more than 10 seconds. I thought most of us were nerds who knew the adage of "saving often."

What's terrible is playing games that don't allow saving and/or continues. I think I was once on something stupid like level 40 or 50 or a level 100 game that allowed no saving and/or continues and the power went out. I was crushed.

Needless to say, I save all the time. I don't take chances.

Also, the water temple (from Ocarina of Time) is not that hard if you look at your dungeon map. You can infer what needs to be done. Yes, it is high difficulty compared to other Zelda dungeons, but it isn't the end all difficulty the Internet acts like it is.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Probably a stupid question, but if I intended to hook a Wii U up to my computer monitor, is there any way to also use my computer's speakers or headphones?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Spectacle Rock posted:

What's terrible is playing games that don't allow saving and/or continues.

I keep forgetting NSMBU doesn't auto-save. :argh:

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Is it possible to transfer only game saves from my Wii to Wii U or must I transfer everything? I've been Googling for a bit and its not clear to me. I'd love to transfer my data for Xenoblade and Zelda and leave data for Smash Bros on my Wii (so I can keep using my GCN controllers). It seems like the transfer is all or nothing, which includes Miis and then erases everything from the Wii?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Correct, but easy enough to circumvent with homebrew. Install BootMii, make a NAND backup, transfer everything, restore the backup.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I'm pretty sure it's everything, but character grinding takes maybe an hour if you set it to special brawl, fast, stamina, 1 hp. I watched some Always Sunny during this time.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Probably a stupid question, but if I intended to hook a Wii U up to my computer monitor, is there any way to also use my computer's speakers or headphones?

Why not just use the Gamepad?

Are you using the HDMI cable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoove J
Sep 13, 2003

yeah Meade's ok I spose

Chronojam posted:

By the way, you know that you can switch between stories mid-run right? Just save, back out, and continue as the other character.

I tried that a bit, I had read somewhere that you can share swords between the two characters but I guess you have to beat both once (maybe??).

• Locked thread