Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Wheaton is best when he's busting on Hardwick or himself. Tyler is really funny when she starts nerd-ranting...Pereira wa funny on 'The Broken' but that was like ten years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I like Wil Wheaton but I don't think he's all that funny. Aisha Tyler is great though.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Aisha and Chloe O'Brien, it's going to be an amazing week.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Generic American posted:

This... is either going to be glorious, or an absolute trainwreck. :magical:

I don't see how two really funny and one not super funny but pretty charming dude can be a trainwreck.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ariza posted:

Aisha and Chloe O'Brien, it's going to be an amazing week.
Yeah, Mary Lynn on @midnight is going to be interesting as hell. And that Thursday show is gonna be something else :staredog:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I hope Bob and David at least make cameos on Tuesday.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Generic American posted:

This... is either going to be glorious, or an absolute trainwreck. :magical:

I've been waiting patiently for Kevin to be on the show, adding Aisha is going to be GLORIOUS.

Wil... he was okay last time I think.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Wil's good on the show since he's known Hardwick basically forever and is fully willing to give him poo poo over everything.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Since we're off for a while, who would you like to see on this show? I'd like to see Bobcat Goldthwait, Chelsea Perretti, Daniel Tosh, and Kathleen Madigan.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Have a @Midnight CC Late Night Showdown. Stewart/Colbert/Hardwick with Tom Lennon as the host.

edit: have the show go on break for a week during the 2nd commercial break

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Key, Peele, and Chappelle.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Davros1 posted:

Since we're off for a while, who would you like to see on this show? I'd like to see Bobcat Goldthwait, Chelsea Perretti, Daniel Tosh, and Kathleen Madigan.

@Midnight becomes @Britnight: David Mitchell, Frankie Boyle, and Jimmy Carr.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

ibntumart posted:

@Midnight becomes @Britnight: David Mitchell Sarah Milliken, Frankie Boyle Andy Zaltzman, and Jimmy Carr.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

If Andy Zaltzman is on @Midnight, I want John Oliver on that show. Dammit, I want a visual version of the Bugle one of these days. Besides, that way if Andy does get a pun run in, we can watch John double over in pain on the air.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

How about a Strangers with Candy panel? Amy Sederis, Stephen Colbert, and Paul Dinello.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Davros1 posted:

I don't know if things have improved over the years but I wouldn't expect Tosh and Hardwick to work together anytime soon.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't know if things have improved over the years but I wouldn't expect Tosh and Hardwick to work together anytime soon.

What's the story behind this? Joke theft?

EDIT: That's a lovely assumption to make, but I think whenever I hear about a feud between comedians, my mind instinctively jumps to "joke theft."

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 5, 2014

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

DivisionPost posted:

What's the story behind this? Joke theft?

Basically they both had internet clip shows and Tosh would be really antagonistic toward Hardwick. He would make fun of him frequently on his show and Twitter. Not so much anymore but it was frequent when Hardwick was hosting The Soup.

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002
:toot:
I just want Colin Mochrie on this drat show.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

KilGrey posted:

Basically they both had internet clip shows and Tosh would be really antagonistic toward Hardwick. He would make fun of him frequently on his show and Twitter. Not so much anymore but it was frequent when Hardwick was hosting The Soup.

I remember hearing that Tosh stole away a few of Hardwick's writers too, even tried to get Matt or Jonah.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That's weird, Tosh makes fun of The Soup all the time and Joel seems to take it in stride. He even went on Tosh.0 for a gag cameo.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I've never heard Hardwick say anything about it. Just sounds like it's Tosh doing his rear end in a top hat brand of comedy.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Fateo McMurray posted:

I've never heard Hardwick say anything about it. Just sounds like it's Tosh doing his rear end in a top hat brand of comedy.

Hardwick always took the highroad and never replied when Tosh would direct Twitter comments at him.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Davros1 posted:

I think they're hilarious. I've heard all their stand up and think they're amazing.

... the hell? No @midnight for two weeks?

Daily Show goes on break, they go on break. It's the sad, sad truth.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey, we're back tonight!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
"The unfortunately named Mario Gotze. Now kids..."

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Gotase GOOOOOOOAL!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahahaha Chris Hardwick just had to explain Goatse to American television audiences.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahahaha Chris Hardwick just had to explain Goatse to American television audiences.
This show

It was made for me

edit: it's all of the above right

I mean I know the ponies one had to be real

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 15, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yes, because the internet is super creepy.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Dr. Whoves was like day 1 on the MLP:FIM Fandom.

Edit: Black Eyed Girl.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

You Shook Me All Night Long Because You Have Parkinson's :staredog:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Yes, because the internet is super creepy.

I'm going to be completely fair here: Dr. Whoves is by far the LEAST creepy thing to come out of bronies.

Edit: Go Look up cupcakes and despair

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Yes, of course Hardwick owns a Doctor Whooves shirt :barf:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm going to be completely fair here: Dr. Whoves is by far the LEAST creepy thing to come out of bronies.

Edit: Go Look up cupcakes and despair

I am well acquainted with the abyss that is Brony culture. It's all creepy, even the least creepy.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

That's not creepy or cute. That's Awesome!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"That's the subtlest acting I've ever seen him do." :lol:

e: A Vine-tern? Is that paid or unpaid? Either way I'd love to do that.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I kind of wisht he Golden Girls was on the air today,

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

404GoonNotFound posted:

Yes, of course Hardwick owns a Doctor Whooves shirt :barf:

This is my problem with Hardwick, right here. Dude loves anything mildly associated with nerd culture regardless of any actual merit or quality, it's the worst.

This show is the only time I could ever stand the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The Obamacare one was the only good Florida joke

The meth lab one was alright? Florida doesn't have meth problems though.

• Locked thread