Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Uninformed was the greatest spinoff show ever. Two grown men arguing about music for months, culminating in a drum battle.

Please tell me there's a Youtube of this somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The funniest thing to me about Sirius dropping him to avoid angering the advertisers is that the O&A Channel already had pretty lovely ads to begin with. Were the "Own your Own Oil Well" people worried about a boycott?

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

1500quidporsche posted:

the libertarian ideology dictates that you're entitled to do whatever you want with zero consequences ever.
Um... no it doesn't even remotely say that at all. Libertarian ideology would be here that a) SiriusXM has a responsibility to its reputation and stockholders and has the right to fire an employee that is causing them potential harm; and b)that the free market works in determining solutions to issues like this, whether it is canceling subscriptions, complaining to the company, shaming in the media, or pressuring sponsors.

And Ant is not a libertarian. He uses that word without having any clue what it actually means. He's a republican that just parrots whatever he hears on Hannity as if it were gospel.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This is a good time to say that Bill Burr's podcast is fantastic.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hobo Clown posted:

The funniest thing to me about Sirius dropping him to avoid angering the advertisers is that the O&A Channel already had pretty lovely ads to begin with. Were the "Own your Own Oil Well" people worried about a boycott?

Didn't Opie blame Fez for the fact that all their advertisers were "cum products"? probably should re-examine that claim in light of this new evidence.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Hobo Clown posted:

It isn't for advertisers of O&A but for investors, staff, programs, & the advertising for the rest of the service. SiriusXM could give a gently caress what O&A do on their channel as they've demonstrated over the years but the last thing they need is when it's time to renegotiate the NBA game rights or get more money from investors they ask "Wait don't you guys have this weirdo hateful racist on your channels? Why are you keeping him around?"

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

I enjoy the bit in part 2 where Bill calls Ant out for arguing like a child, resorting to insults whenever he can't counter a point.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

Please tell me there's a Youtube of this somewhere.

No video unfortunately, but it's a drat good show if you want ot listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BafLciL6n_4

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Stotty posted:

I enjoy the bit in part 2 where Bill calls Ant out for arguing like a child, resorting to insults whenever he can't counter a point.

The last vid is the best in retrospect:

(paraphrasing)
Bill: "How come you've never caught poo poo and gotten fired for the things you say Ant?"
Ant: "Because I've been nothing but honest about what I am"

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Tomahawk posted:

The last vid is the best in retrospect:

(paraphrasing)
Bill: "How come you've never caught poo poo and gotten fired for the things you say Ant?"
Ant: "Because I've been nothing but honest about what I am"

Ant: "Now excuse me, I'm going to follow up a few days of tweeting my bias to erase it all and hang around a single black guy at my party."

Nice Reddit Account
Nov 27, 2013

by XyloJW

UncleMonkey posted:

And Ant is not a libertarian.

Nice Reddit Account posted:

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_QK9m6nyXc

I was checking out one of Anthony's videos from Youtube where he shows off his Bengal tiger and right there, right on his desk:

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
I don't understand how you can be a fan of the show but be happy Ant is fired????? A huge part of the appeal of the show is that they are lovely broken people (never hear anyone complaining about their hosed up attitude towards women lol) but they are also really funny people.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

O__O posted:

I don't understand how you can be a fan of the show but be happy Ant is fired????? A huge part of the appeal of the show is that they are lovely broken people (never hear anyone complaining about their hosed up attitude towards women lol) but they are also really funny people.

i think everyone here is just a fan of how the show used to be. all we ever do is talk about how much better everything would be if patrice was still around, and nobody was saying 'wow i really enjoyed niggermania rant #8327 today'

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Penn spoke about the situation at the beginning of his podcast today:
http://pennsundayschool.com/live/

EDIT: Penn is pushing this "I've never seen anything to suggest Anthony is a racist", not the best angle to take.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 6, 2014

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

O__O posted:

The feeling I got was everybody was hoping he got reprimanded/suspended for a while and it put the brakes on the race/politics chat on the show.

Then he got fired and nobody could really drum up any sympathy.

I mean before this, everybody was moaning about the show and how stale it was becoming. The constant moaning about the company, talk about not renewing contracts and starting a podcast etc etc. This has actually forced their hand into making a change, because for all the moaning and talk of change, it seemed pretty obvious they would re-sign in October and fall back into exactly the same old habits.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

So what? That could be something one of his high school girlfriends is reading for senior English. And even if Ant (who has in the past been vocal about how much he hates reading) were reading it, I know plenty of liberals who have read Rand's novels as well. Hell, plenty of conservatives have name-dropped Rand without demonstrating any adherence to her ideas. Reading is one thing, understanding is another. I go by what Ant says and the positions he takes.

If Ant is reading The Fountainhead-- or even Atlas Shrugged-- I doubt he gets it. Who was that guy with Enron that was always saying how Richard Dawkins' The Selfish Gene was his favorite book? Probably thinking it has something to do with greed? Yeah, that's Ant. Howard Roark he is not.

UncleMonkey fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 6, 2014

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
The book probably belongs to his teenage girlfriend. Ant has admitted that he isn't a reader at all.

EDIT: Whoops, said the exact same thing as you UnkleMonkey

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Stotty posted:

I mean before this, everybody was moaning about the show and how stale it was becoming.

Oh yeah, is it reasonable?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

O__O posted:

I don't understand how you can be a fan of the show but not think that Anthony grinding the show to a halt literally every day for the past 4 years with ignorant racist bullshit and retard politics was a cancer to the funny show we all used to tune in to every morning.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Tomahawk posted:

I don't understand how you can be a fan of the show but not think that Anthony grinding the show to a halt literally every day for the past 4 years with ignorant racist bullshit and retard politics was a cancer to the funny show we all used to tune in to every morning.

Good call. I'm sure the Opie Show will be hilarious.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Stotty posted:

The feeling I got was everybody was hoping he got reprimanded/suspended for a while and it put the brakes on the race/politics chat on the show.

Then he got fired and nobody could really drum up any sympathy.

pretty much this. I didn't want to see the show get tanked, but, at the same time, Ant knew the environment he was working in today, and he knows twitters a bomb waiting to go off. It's hard to feel bad for an idiot who jumps right into the middle of the explosion.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGLDZJZbZDE

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

O__O posted:

Good call. I'm sure the Opie Show will be hilarious.

I don't know if what comes next will be better, but the Opie & Anthony show sure hasn't been hilarious in a long time except for the once per month they have Colin Quinn in studio.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

UncleMonkey posted:

So what? That could be something one of his high school girlfriends is reading for senior English. And even if Ant (who has in the past been vocal about how much he hates reading) were reading it, I know plenty of liberals who have read Rand's novels as well. Hell, plenty of conservatives have name-dropped Rand without demonstrating any adherence to her ideas. Reading is one thing, understanding is another. I go by what Ant says and the positions he takes.

If Ant is reading The Fountainhead-- or even Atlas Shrugged-- I doubt he gets it. Who was that guy with Enron that was always saying how Richard Dawkins' The Selfish Gene was his favorite book? Probably thinking it has something to do with greed? Yeah, that's Ant. Howard Roark he is not.

Libertarian spotted.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Did Penn really say that he saw no evidence of Anthony's racism? What the?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nipplebox posted:

Can't wait till they pull a clip of Ant being blatantly racist with Penn in studio. I'm sure there is something out there.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Call Me Charlie posted:

Libertarian spotted.
I've been very open about that in this thread before. I usually just don't like to get into it because I don't want to derail things too much. But I've expressed my irritation with Ant/Jimmy re: libertarianism before. It's not something I try to hide, it usually just isn't relevant. I just got a little tired of of the repeated instances of seeing Ant referred to as a libertarian and "this is libertarian philosophy." So I just wanted to jump in briefly is all. I really didn't want to derail things. I just wanted to clarify a few things is all. We have enough batshit insane hangers-on to deal with as is. I'm sick of people like Ant using a word he doesn't understand just to try and escape being pigeonholed as part of the Fox News crowd.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Nipplebox posted:

Well Penn never really talked about race on the show, and he only kinda sorta knows them despite having some good appearances on the show. I'm sure if you showed him the overwhelming collection of past rants that were posted on gawker he'd connect the dots a little bit more.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

There's also this other part of it where alot of people today don't know the history of calling non-whites animals and savages. Rich Vos touched on it a little in his podcast where he said "how can that be construed as racist?" there's alot of people who look at those tweets and literally do not see it. However, Anthony knows full well what he meant when he said those things. I've heard Anthony and Jim call other white people animals, but it's rare. We all know what he means when he says savages.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm bummed there's no show anymore. I'm not happy that he's fired. However, he pretty much was asking for this. Ant made it too easy, and once someone outside the show bubble latched on, it was game over.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

shyduck posted:

I'm bummed there's no show anymore. I'm not happy that he's fired. However, he pretty much was asking for this. Ant made it too easy, and once someone outside the show bubble latched on, it was game over.

There was so much material between the show, LFTC and his twitter this was going to happen sooner or later.

Really feel bad for everyone else on staff that has no idea what they do next. Anthony just blew up a bunch of jobs because he couldn't just shut up.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Tomahawk posted:

Let's also note that the funniest thing they've done this year outside of the Lady Di internship is this. Nothing has made this thread blow up like this. And it's truly ironic: Ant gets noticed, and then gets canned. He literally destroyed three million a year part-time job simply because he thinks all black people are out to get his poo poo. Only an idiot does this, especially when that part-time job of his involves him dissecting the media with two other guys.

The reason we're all laughing at him because he's a loving idiot, that's why.

Nipplebox posted:

1500quidporsche posted:

Can't wait till they pull a clip of Ant being blatantly racist with Penn in studio. I'm sure there is something out there.

Oh yeah, and that's not really an excuse at all. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Not to mention we have proof that it did happen. I'm starting to think that the O&A show is 25% awesome people like Bill Burr and 75% complete jackholes.

This Charming Goat
Sep 5, 2012

Guze posted:

There was so much material between the show, LFTC and his twitter this was going to happen sooner or later.

Really feel bad for everyone else on staff that has no idea what they do next. Anthony just blew up a bunch of jobs because he couldn't just shut up.

Ironically Anthony's ex girlfriend got fired from XOJane recently because they found a bunch of videos and tweets of her being racist. She said it was his fault because she did them when she was dating him and he used mind control to MAKE her dress like a nazi and rant about lazy niggers waah.

I wonder if she'll talk about how now his spell is broken. Like a Long Island Voldemort.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

First off, you hosed up with that bitch when you was out taking pictures of her at 3 am like you was on a fuckin' safari! Who THE gently caress do you think you are, Ansel Adams, bitch? You ain't a photographer! AIN'T NOBODY TAKIN PICTURES AT 3 AM! HA HAAAAAAAAA! Jane Goodall rear end nigga! Ohh poo poo! And you been fuckin with being racist for SEVEN YEARS, they was just waiting to catch you slippin, dude. YOU GOT STATUES OF HITLER IN YOUR MANSION, NIGGA!

Did you think you was gonna get away with it just because you didn't call this bitch a nigga? 'They ain't people?' Ha haaaaaaaaa! NOBODYS SAYING THAT AND KEEPING THEIR JOB! You made it too easy for them dude! Lemme ask you... How olds that girl you been dating? 16? And you're, what, 62? Nigga you're 79 years old and you still don't know how to play THE GAME?!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Let's also note that the funniest thing they've done this year outside of the Lady Di internship is this. Nothing has made this thread blow up like this. And it's truly ironic: Ant gets noticed, and then gets canned. He literally destroyed three million a year part-time job simply because he thinks all black people are out to get his poo poo. Only an idiot does this, especially when that part-time job of his involves him dissecting the media with two other guys.

The reason we're all laughing at him because he's a loving idiot, that's why.

This plus the fact that he's been so big on supporting the police in every instance imaginable yet he never called them when he was "assaulted"

Tr33
May 26, 2007

This Charming Goat posted:

Ironically Anthony's ex girlfriend got fired from XOJane recently because they found a bunch of videos and tweets of her being racist. She said it was his fault because she did them when she was dating him and he used mind control to MAKE her dress like a nazi and rant about lazy niggers waah.

I wonder if she'll talk about how now his spell is broken. Like a Long Island Voldemort.

Actually they gave her a pass cuz she did claim the spell was broken and had a giant long apology about how she isn't a racist anymore blah blah blah, and then promptly tweeted the opposite once she thought her job was safe.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I don't think we state enough that Colin Quinn is ridiculously funny and great.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Peter North posted:

First off, you hosed up with that bitch when you was out taking pictures of her at 3 am like you was on a fuckin' safari! Who THE gently caress do you think you are, Ansel Adams, bitch? You ain't a photographer! AIN'T NOBODY TAKIN PICTURES AT 3 AM! HA HAAAAAAAAA! Jane Goodall rear end nigga! Ohh poo poo! And you been fuckin with being racist for SEVEN YEARS, they was just waiting to catch you slippin, dude. YOU GOT STATUES OF HITLER IN YOUR MANSION, NIGGA!

Did you think you was gonna get away with it just because you didn't call this bitch a nigga? 'They ain't people?' Ha haaaaaaaaa! NOBODYS SAYING THAT AND KEEPING THEIR JOB! You made it too easy for them dude! Lemme ask you... How olds that girl you been dating? 16? And you're, what, 62? Nigga you're 79 years old and you still don't know how to play THE GAME?!

This post gave me douche chills.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

The Dave posted:

This post gave me douche chills.

Reads like Patrice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Charming Goat
Sep 5, 2012

Tr33 posted:

Actually they gave her a pass cuz she did claim the spell was broken and had a giant long apology about how she isn't a racist anymore blah blah blah, and then promptly tweeted the opposite once she thought her job was safe.

http://www.xojane.com/issues/i-used-to-be-a-sht-head-and-tell-offensive-jokes-and-im-sorry This drunk sorority girl incomprehension and blatant lies though

• Locked thread