Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Joementum posted:

Yes, mostly because I said I had the Rand quotes ready. It was tough to get them all through with the forums melting down. If Obama had lost we'd probably have had to take shifts.

At this rate there should be a toxx round over who is going to be the GOP nominee. Absolutely no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

what's huntsman doing these days? i thought he was the only one that didn't have a major scandal attached to his name last time, right? just, y'know, the fact that literally nobody cared about him.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

R. Mute posted:

what's huntsman doing these days? i thought he was the only one that didn't have a major scandal attached to his name last time, right? just, y'know, the fact that literally nobody cared about him.

He didn't have a scandal because no one cared about him. Surely they'd drag some skeleton-turned-dust out his closet if he ever got popular.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

If anyone misses jrodefeld's walls of nonsense he is currently performing his act on revleft forums.

One of the funniest things about libertarians is their simultaneous hate for anarchists and desire to be accepted by/recruit from anarchists. Hang around on enough lefty forums and you'll see it over and over again, and it just gets funnier every time.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i honestly think he doesn't even have skeletons in his closet. too dull. to drab. he's the type of politician that "accidentally" leaks a "scandal" just to spice up his image.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

either that or he killed a guy, calling it now.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

R. Mute posted:

i honestly think he doesn't even have skeletons in his closet. too dull. to drab. he's the type of politician that "accidentally" leaks a "scandal" just to spice up his image.

He dropped out of high school to play in a prog rock band named Wizard.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

o my god i didn't even believe you

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

as the keyboard player ahahahahah

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Please become popular, Huntsman.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Who was the person who used to post in D&D that people accused of being a sockpuppet of Huntsman, because he seemed to be the only person who cared about him?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Calling it now- Huntsman is one of the DnD mods.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

made of bees posted:

Who was the person who used to post in D&D that people accused of being a sockpuppet of Huntsman, because he seemed to be the only person who cared about him?

Arkane and he still posts in D&D occasionally.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Chris Christie.

Chris Christie 2016: "At least people know who he is."

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

there's this big huge stage, right? it's republicon or whatever it's called and we've already had the religious guy, ron paul's clone and the woman who's crazy enough to overcome the fact that she's a republican woman. people are pumped. american flags are waving. the room goes quiet. suddenly, a single note. the stage is covered in smoke. lasers shoot out over the crowd. a platform raises from under the stage. it's jon huntsman and a keyboard. 'are you ready... to rock?!' he's wearing shades. he goes into a huge keyboard solo and everyone is clapping. i'm watching the live stream. thank god the primaries are back.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
Didn't the ron paul camp release some anti-huntsman ad that basically was like "he is the manchurian candidate because he can speak chinese"

yes they did, here it is: url=www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PsJvLVoOq4

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jul 7, 2014

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

that's bad. i hope he doesn't lose the ron paul demograpahahaha

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
Playing up YELLOW PERIL is actually effective for catching many in the republican camp, because China being a rising empire and America being a declining empire really hits at the fear of personal inadequacy for many americans who don't understand why, despite working hard and being good christians who've done everything they've been instructed to do for success, they continue to be poor losers in the capitalist game. It's easier to tell yourself some evil dudes are sneaking all of your gains away instead of admitting you've been duped your entire life

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW
So who do you think is actually going to end up being the GOP candidate? I always liked the shrieking white-hot sphere of pure rage.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Rodatose posted:

Playing up YELLOW PERIL is actually effective for catching many in the republican camp, because China being a rising empire and America being a declining empire really hits at the fear of personal inadequacy for many americans who don't understand why, despite working hard and being good christians who've done everything they've been instructed to do for success, they continue to be poor losers in the capitalist game. It's easier to tell yourself some evil dudes are sneaking all of your gains away instead of admitting you've been duped your entire life
sure, but actually calling him the manchurian candidate is just a step away from saying he's a reptilian. a tiny step, considering it's a ron paul ad

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
On one hand I'd love Ted Cruz to be the nominee because he'll probably turn it from a Dem win to a Dem blowout, but on the other hand the off-chance that he actually wins it all terrifies me.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

illrepute posted:

So who do you think is actually going to end up being the GOP candidate? I always liked the shrieking white-hot sphere of pure rage.
i generally enjoy The Man With The Plan. it always leads to an incredible surge in enthusiasm from the republican base - 'he's gonna fix it! he's got a plan!' and then two weeks later, someone pipes up and say 'uh, guys, about that plan... it only works if we cut our defence budget... and medicaid... and sell alaska...' and the comedown from that surge is just brilliant. last election it was even better, because somehow paul ryan got the vp nod in those two weeks and now then they were stuck with him.

e: not that i didn't enjoy cain's 999 plan - in fact, i loved it

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
My money's on if a Republican president gets elected any time soon, they'll get assassinated before their term is out by some rabid tea party wacko.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

My money's on if a Republican president gets elected any time soon, they'll get assassinated before their term is out by some rabid tea party wacko.

Allen West gets voted in as Speaker of the House by the overwhelming Tea Party majority, President RINO and Vice President Lizard Man get killed in a terrible open carry accident, and the way is paved for the reassertion of the American Dream. Hooah!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

tbp how do you feel, as a World Cup mod, about pitbull doing the wc song this year?

Prior to this year my only familiarity with him was him rapping over some cheb khaled

I was very upset about it because I really hate him

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

There used to be a particular day that was very fun for me, and others of a similar mindset, and Pitbull came in and sang his raps, and then there was gunfire and riots so they cancelled it forever

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Isn't Doral College some unaccredited shithole charter college? Well earned by Pitbull.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

ThirdPartyView posted:

Isn't Doral College some unaccredited shithole charter college? Well earned by Pitbull.

Though I dislike him, as previously stated, I find it hard to rag on a multimillionaire for his choice of secondary education locations, because he has been more successful than I likely ever will

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ThirdPartyView posted:

So unaccredited and shithole that it does not actually have any undergraduate or graduate students and doesn't plan to for the next 5 or so years!

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Discendo Vox posted:

The first couple google results for the username are accounts of them getting banned from other forums as well.

I wonder if, when the mods get a serial offender like that, they're ever tempted to write stuff in the "Punishment Reason" field that will make neat little patterns or images. "hey look, your serial shitposting helped me draw a cute little bunny!" or something along those lines.

A page back, but I just wanted to say hell yeah they do. On the right day or with the right poster, reading the leper's colony can be one of the most entertaining ways to spend time. 2008 and 2012 presidential elections especially :allears:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

R. Mute posted:

o my god i didn't even believe you

When it comes to crazy poo poo about Republican Presidential candidates, I never lie.

Because I don't have to.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

tbp posted:

Though I dislike him, as previously stated, I find it hard to rag on a multimillionaire for his choice of secondary education locations, because he has been more successful than I likely ever will

He is also the most famous Mexican of the last ~10 years.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
Did Wizard ever do any recordings? Dying for some hot John Huntsman keyboard licks. Hell, Wizard could provide the unofficial soundtrack to the next republican primary for me.

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW

tbp posted:

There used to be a particular day that was very fun for me, and others of a similar mindset, and Pitbull came in and sang his raps, and then there was gunfire and riots so they cancelled it forever

What do you mean

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

MickeyFinn posted:

He is also the most famous Mexican of the last ~10 years.

Pretty sure dude's Cuban.

R. Mute posted:

He joined the Brookings Institution then got put in charge of the Atlantic Council, so it doesn't seem likely that he's planning on a second midlife crisis presidential candidacy. At least not as a Republican. There's always a revived Americans Elect.:v:

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 7, 2014

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Dr. Witherbone posted:

A page back, but I just wanted to say hell yeah they do. On the right day or with the right poster, reading the leper's colony can be one of the most entertaining ways to spend time. 2008 and 2012 presidential elections especially :allears:

L
A
T
E
R
S

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
http://www.businessinsider.com/conservatives-purposely-making-cars-spew-black-smoke-2014-7

I'm sure if I were still living back home I would've been way ahead of the curve in picking this up, but I'm OOTL these days. This is exactly the kind of poo poo the people I grew up with were already doing for what they think is legitimate reasons (farm trucks in mud/flood country with stacks), so if you give them a political rationale to take it to 11 it's only going to get funnier.

These people should be dragged from their stupid loving vehicles and shot, but I feel that way about people who ride Harleys too, so I may not be the most fair arbiter. Hey I'm enjoying this lovely say, it sure is nice outs- oh God what is this wall of smog and noise? Oh, it's conservative America in sound and gas format.

ReindeerF fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jul 7, 2014

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
So Truck Nutz wasn't enough to sate them?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Most states have annual vehicle inspection and registration requirements (including emissions), so it'll be super fun to see what happens when these vehicles are declared to be not road legal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

skaboomizzy posted:

Most states have OBAMAnnual vehicle OBAMAspection and OBAMAstration requirements (including OBAMAmissions), so it'll be super fun to see what happens when these vehicles are declared to be not road OBAMAlegal.
That's what I'm guessing, anyway.

• Locked thread