Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

corn in the bible posted:

(I’m currently wearing a My Little Pony lanyard as I am a ‘brony’, or a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I finish a project on the computer and start to walk back to my seat, but it would appear that I left the lanyard, as a peer calls out.)
Isn't this pretty much the same as an earlier story? They always seem to rely on the hopes that some person with authority secretly loves the same fandom and will support them via secret handshakes.

Or the setting is a special ed class, which would make some sense to why they have admiration for their teacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

I had teachers that acted like that to students, i.e. "Bonding" over similar interests and acting as a peer rather than as an authority figure. They were all creepy as gently caress, and one music teacher turned out to be a pedophile. So I'm happy that these stories are stdh, because I don't want to imagine how even creepier a teacher bonding over MLP would be.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

What kind of hellhole school would make kids read atlas shrugged?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Gaunab posted:

What kind of hellhole school would make kids read atlas shrugged?

The kind with parents who were able to bully the school board into putting the book on the curriculum. Also, the Ayn Rand Institute has annual essay contests where high-schoolers can win scholarships, so you may as well teach something that will get your students a chance at money for college.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

"I.e., I am actually racist."

[/quote]

"Instead I display my racism openly!"

[/quote]

It's been a while since I read that book, but I'm pretty sure the "left-leaning" propaganda the author is so angry about is the simple proposition that black people shouldn't be killed on white people's say-so and that everyone of every color should have equal treatment under the law.
[/quote]

It's funny. I figured the guy and girl were at least lovers.

Sally Forth
Oct 16, 2012

quote:

During my years as a high-flying drug grower, I learned a lot about the genetics of marijuana. Specifically, there are three races of marijuana: Cannabis Sativa, Cannabis Indica, and Cannabis Ruderalis. Each one has well-known characteristics. Sativa is more of a body buzz; Indica is more of a head buzz; Ruderalis I never smoked because it almost exclusively grows in Africa but it is supposed to be more physical, like ketamine or PCP. Within each of these races however there were different ethnicities of marijuana. For example, White Widow is a cross of Indian and Brazilian Indicas. Skunk #5 is a potent Indica. Your average high school style weed is a generic sativa.

Jesus, even his racist nonsense screed doesn't support his point.

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on

quote:

The girl and I drifted apart, and by drifted I mean she moved on to the husband material kind of guy both she and her parents could like. It was a business negotiation and I understood that.
This part just cracked me up. When your girlfriend dumps your racist, drug-dealing rear end, clearly it's because she's shallow and is just doing what daddy wants. But play it cool, because it's all business, and you're so above that.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Halfway through that long drug story I forgot what the guys point was because I kept getting excited about how insane the guys story was but it was a letdown. There was a dead grandma that went nowhere, a stoner kid from the inner city whose dad was a powerful politician and the raver friends out on the old hunting grounds and this guy chooses to devote a large part about building a garden. I can imagine the guy typing multiple drafts of this bullshit and finally settling on the most boring one because it might be believable. The problem is no one gives a poo poo on the internet, either it's over the top and fun to read like 50 ft Ant or it's boring and stupid and then everybody is laughing at the writer not with him.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, the IRS would totally believe a used movie store cleared 7 million in profit in a few years.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

jodai posted:

fun to read like 50 ft Ant

that's the STDH from your post.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Sally Forth posted:

Yeah, it's pretty laughable in the details. Ruderalis is not from Africa (most likely it came from Siberia) and it's not some rare exotic type of pot, it's easily available everywhere since it's what makes autoflowers autoflower. All autoflower strains are ruderalis crosses because ruderalis is super-hardy and will flower on schedule regardless of light cycles etc. Ruderalis is basically one step up from ditchweed and is supposedly pretty low-grade in terms of THC content, though it's usually high in CBDs. If this guy was a weed farmer at all, much less a massively successful one, then I'm Miss Teenage America.

Edit: "like ketamine or PCP." So full of poo poo.

bonestructure has a new favorite as of 02:38 on Jul 8, 2014

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Are CBDs anything like BCBs?

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol

Supposed to be extra-good for a lot of medical marijuana patients. The low-THC high-CBD strain Charlotte's Web is a good example (and a really heartwarming story. :3:)

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I was trying to make a joke about Discworld's Burnt Crunchy Bits, but I guess that's off the table now. :eng99:

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Wasn't he also the guy who wrote about the haunted bunker he was stationed in in Germany? Also, I used to think his stories in the bad rpg experience thread were funny. Not believable at all, but funny. I might have been in the minority there, though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jodai posted:

Wasn't he also the guy who wrote about the haunted bunker he was stationed in in Germany? Also, I used to think his stories in the bad rpg experience thread were funny. Not believable at all, but funny. I might have been in the minority there, though.

are you really into hot, pregnant wives?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

jodai posted:

Yeah it's pretty much taken that 50ft Ant is Humper Monkey who got Internet fame from being a grizzled cold-war vet who took no poo poo from his step son who was addicted to anime or hung about in haunted Nazi bunkers.

50tf also writes sci-fi stories on the side and I recall him going on about undertaking personality therapy so much of what he is writing is partially to do with coping with this drive of escapism and low self esteem. Much of his writing I understand is extrapolated off the base facts of his life so it results in him creating an alter-ego that is accepted in a larger community. His DnD stuff is him being an anti-grognard to save his hide.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Those brony stories are so sad :(. I just like genuinely feel bad for a person that has so lost touch with reality and have such low social skills they have to write something like that. I just feel bad for them as a person on earth.

That's the kind of poo poo you find before you find the body hanging somewhere or laying in bed with head seepage surrounded by their dolls.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Sally Forth posted:

The most stdh part is that he doesn't even know what kind of weed does what to you. :colbert:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

My friend tells a lot of STDH stories about how he used to be a wrestler as a teenager. For example, the group he worked with did a show in Warrnambool where they were able to reserve a whole carriage on the train for them and their stuff. Another is how they did this brawl around the city to their arena including poo poo like motorcycle stunts. And yet again with how they once worked a show in Japan. Or how one of the wrestlers dislocated both of his shoulders in a match and kept on trying to fight.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

West Ham Sandwich posted:

The most stdh part is that he doesn't even know what kind of weed does what to you. :colbert:

This is exactly what I thought.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Captain Bravo posted:

I was trying to make a joke about Discworld's Burnt Crunchy Bits, but I guess that's off the table now. :eng99:

:doh: Whoosh, right over my head.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Oh, Humper Monkey. Based on the writing, I'd believe they were the same guy. Who was the guy with the horrible hotel stories? I seem to remember him having a similar style too. Actually, now that I think about it, Acts of Gord that was posted earlier looks similar, too. Maybe it's just they're all similar forums and so the writer is trying to cater to the same types of reader so it all sounds the same.

Alouicious posted:

are you really into hot, pregnant wives?

Ha, I almost mentioned that"how hot/pregnant was your wife?" Was practically a catchphrase in that thread.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

jodai posted:

Who was the guy with the horrible hotel stories?

JoeyVapes

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Read them here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3403908&pagenumber=1

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

jodai posted:

Oh, Humper Monkey. Based on the writing, I'd believe they were the same guy. Who was the guy with the horrible hotel stories? I seem to remember him having a similar style too. Actually, now that I think about it, Acts of Gord that was posted earlier looks similar, too. Maybe it's just they're all similar forums and so the writer is trying to cater to the same types of reader so it all sounds the same.

Ha, I almost mentioned that"how hot/pregnant was your wife?" Was practically a catchphrase in that thread.

There was JoeyVapes, as mentioned, but I believe you're thinking of angry bee dance. GBS was lining up to lavish praise on him for his obviously made up bullshit like the time he supposedly made a dude poo poo himself.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

reddit posted:

Long time lurker, first time poster. I don't work retail currently, but I have in the past and most of my friends are in the service industry; thus, I have little tolerance for over-entitled asswipes giving guff to people who are just trying to get through their day and make a buck (and, my being in the US, not very many bucks at all).

This past Sunday morning, I found myself - regrettably - inside of Fast Food Chain looking for some cheap greasy crap to get me through a wicked hangover. Needless to say, I'm not in the best of sorts; however, I'm still able to eke out a smile for Nice Girl working the counter. She's super nice, gets my order down, jokes with me about liver abuse, shares a laugh. Like I said, cool as all hell. I'm waiting for my nasty, beautiful cheese and bacon croissant when a tempest of bitchitude storms into the door. She's your typical TFR horror story: Blonde, skinny, obviously wealthy, late 30's and, to cap it off, is sporting a giant cross around her wretched little neck. In the back of my head, I knew poo poo was about to get real.

Bitchface: "Umm, yeah, I need another iced coffee. This one is too sweet."

Nice Girl: "I'm so sorry, ma'am. These things happen. I'd be more than happy to help. Wait: is that from our store?"

Bitchface: "No. I bought it at Higher Class Fast-Food Joint in Other State." (I live right near the border between two states) "Just replace my coffee."

Nice Girl: "Of course, ma'am. That will be [whatever coffee costs]."

Bitchface: "I'm not paying for it. I told you to replace it."

Nice Girl: "I'm sorry, ma'am. For one, it's not even from This Chain, and two, even if it were, the franchise company which owns This Chain in Other State is different than the one in here in This State. I simply cannot give you free coffee. It's practically stealing. However, I will give you the Senior Discount on a new coffee." (Wicked good customer service there, amirite?)

Bitchface slams the coffee cup down on the counter, spilling a little, proceeds to put her hand on her hips like a thirteen-year-old Daddy's Princess and stares at Nice Girl.

Nice Girl: "Ma'am..."

Bitchface: "I'm waiting for my coffee, you fat cow! Give it to me! NOW! Is there something about that you don't understand. Maybe if you weren't a high-school dropout you would understand English better! I bet those [racial slur for Hispanics] back there can understand me better than you." Et cetera and soforth. Nice Girl appeared to be on the verge of tears.

Now, again, I'm hungover. Hell, I'm probably still a little drunk at this point. I must have been, as that would explain what happened next. I snapped.

stowsucks: "Look, you f-ing c-nt! If there's a problem with understanding here, it's f-ing yours! It's not the same company! It's not even the same goddamn, motherf-ing state, you t-at!"

Bitchface: "Don't use that language with me!"

stowsucks: "What language? C-nt? C-nt, c-nt, c-nt, c-nt C-NT! Now get the f-k out of this store and leave the girl alone, you c-nt." (Yeah, I know, real mature on my end.)

Bitchface: "You need Jesus."

stowsucks: "Your parents needed to have an abortion. Unfortunately they were too f-ing stupid to get one, because here you are!"

Bitchface: "I'm so calling the police!"

stowsux: "Great. You can tell them I did this!"

And here, dear readers, is where I made a somewhat poor life decision. Not one that I regret, but very well could have regretted. I picked up her iced coffee, ripped the lid off, and splashed her nice, floral-patterned Sunday church dress with the contents of the cup.

stowsux: "There. How do you like your coffee now? Leave."

I grabbed my breakfast from the counter, walked out of the door calmly as a stunned Nice Girl and a wet-eyed Bitchface watched me, then ran like hell for my motor scooter and rode off before Bitchface could catch my licence plate number.
Hey, I can no longer wipe hamburger buns on my buns or spit in drinks, so I have to dispense justice on worker-abusing asshats somehow, right?

TL;DR: Never mess with fast-food workers. A fellow patron might be a little tipsy, take offense and ruin your day for doing so.

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

What is higher class fast food? Chick-fil-a? Starbucks?

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Conal Cochran posted:

Anything where they don't ration how many napkins you take, I think.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Conal Cochran posted:

Not even that.. it would be almost impossible for you to mistake the MASSIVELY AND INTENSELY BRANDED cup from another chain.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: "Bitchface: you need Jesus"

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

quote:

Nice Girl: "I'm sorry, ma'am. For one, it's not even from This Chain, and two, even if it were, the franchise company which owns This Chain in Other State is different than the one in here in This State. I simply cannot give you free coffee. It's practically stealing. However, I will give you the Senior Discount on a new coffee." (Wicked good customer service there, amirite?)

Genuine question: do American service staff actually talk like this? All these stories seem to feature an offensively condescending fast food worker on some kind of power trip, banging on about franchises and the moral issues surrounding free coffee.

I'm going to America soon and I don't want to go to land of condescending dickhead fast food workers so please tell me this is just STDH land :ohdear:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

duckmaster posted:

Genuine question: do American service staff actually talk like this? All these stories seem to feature an offensively condescending fast food worker on some kind of power trip, banging on about franchises and the moral issues surrounding free coffee.

I'm going to America soon and I don't want to go to land of condescending dickhead fast food workers so please tell me this is just STDH land :ohdear:

Yes in Boston you get wicked good customer service.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

duckmaster posted:

No, these are all the hackneyed tales written by people who think they're really clever writers.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
For the most part fast food workers are as polite as the stories make out, but the condescension comes wholly from the mind of the author and the :smuggo: tone.

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

spiders posted:

From a few pages back, but Msscribe had some stdh.txt posts herself, in between all the other crazy poo poo:

So one group of middle aged women complained about a separate group of middle aged women writing fan fiction about Their Chatacters?

I tried to read that callout post and all I have to say is those housewives need more to do.

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on
What always bugs me is the retail stories where the customer is allegedly yelling and swearing at the employee, and employee just sits back and take it. When I worked retail management, if anyone started shouting or using any profanity with my employees I'd immediately step in and tell them if they didn't stop they would have to leave. Call centers have these policies as well, so I just don't get the stories where the stdh story-teller claims "the customer called the employee a 'loving oval office dyke' and she responded 'I'm sorry about that, sir.' Then I stepped in and saved the day."

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

PUGGERNAUT posted:

our badass hero rides off on his motor scooter!

This is my favorite part.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This is my favorite part.

Also he's driving drunk! What a hero!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

nucleicmaxid posted:

Also he's driving drunk! What a hero!

Drinking is cool. :c00l:

• Locked thread