Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
This show is phenomenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

achillesforever6 posted:

Its really a tragedy how slow this thread can be sometimes, but I guess the AS kind of splits it.

Eh ping pong was okay, but it was really just the "king of the hill" for anime. Predictable plot lines, with relative characters to fit those points, and a basic storyline. Not a bad anime, just predictable.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Oh my GOD this episode.

Just... that episode. And that ending.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Why does he have that helmet :psyduck:

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Can YOU name them all?

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Its really a tragedy how slow this thread can be sometimes, but I guess the AS kind of splits it.

That and you know, timezones too.

And yes good god that was amazing and the best episode yet so far. All these references utterly slayed me, I think they referenced just about every anime shown on Toonami, except Bebop oddly enough unless I missed it.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I can't find this on AS' website, when does it go up?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Holy crap, I can't remember the last time I laughed like that for 25+ minutes straight. They're going to have a hard time topping that episode but dammit I want to see them try.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Why does he have that helmet :psyduck:

Obviously it's someone elses helmet. That's why he doesn't wear it.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

I dunno, I found the episode kinda normal even though the various crew designs were great (I couldn't pick out all the references) and the ending was just something. I think so far I like the zombie ep best.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I feel like Suicidal-Dandy was a reference to Serial Experiments Lain, but I don't have enough anime-knotches on my anime-belt to know that for sure.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Was that Patrick Warburton as trucker dandy? I think Michael DBZ Jackson was my favorite.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All of the alternate versions were the same VAs as the ones we know.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I didn't get a chance to see it last night, and just watched it.

Oh holy poo poo. That was, quite possibly, the best episode yet. I'm a little sad they didn't make it a two-parter and spend more time with all the Dandys, but it was still fantastic. And next week looks great too, in a very different way. I think that's my favorite part about this show, each episode is something completely different but it manages to all feel like part of the same whole.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I really enjoyed last nights episode. For some reason half way through season one I lost interest and didn't bother tuning in, but luckily I caught the premier, and was brought back in. Really great, and made go back to the episodes I missed.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Squidster posted:

Was that Patrick Warburton as trucker dandy? I think Michael DBZ Jackson was my favorite.

I think it was Ian Sinclair doing a really good Patrick Warburton impression.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I didn't get a chance to see it last night, and just watched it.

Oh holy poo poo. That was, quite possibly, the best episode yet. I'm a little sad they didn't make it a two-parter and spend more time with all the Dandys, but it was still fantastic. And next week looks great too, in a very different way. I think that's my favorite part about this show, each episode is something completely different but it manages to all feel like part of the same whole.

I dunno, I think the pacing was perfect for a 1 part episode, if it had been a two parter it would have been dangerously close to breaking the inexplicable reasons dandy does what he does.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The "new" cast cracks me up so drat hard.

This show is just beautiful.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I was halfway expecting a new OP/ED but I forgot how much I like these ones.
It's going to be another great season.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Holy poo poo that was the greatest episode. I was looking forward to more Dandy but I didn't realized how much I missed the show until now.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

MrSlam posted:

I feel like Suicidal-Dandy was a reference to Serial Experiments Lain, but I don't have enough anime-knotches on my anime-belt to know that for sure.

His sense of fashion was too good for that.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Now I want a list of all the Dandies and what they were references to. Possibly an episode for each Dandy. This episode was possibly more amazing than the Zombie one, holy poo poo.

...I didn't audibly laugh except for one moment though. Enjoyed the poo poo out of it and probably had quite a bit of a grin throughout the episode. This episode more than any other probably deserves a second watch with the other VA's.

Snodgrass Supreme
Nov 6, 2012
I was laughing nonstop during the redone Sad Dandy opening at the end of the episode holy poo poo

I missed Space Dandy so much.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
How did they even come up with that horrible SadDandy Meow? Because holy poo poo that's scary and horrifying.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I just loving love stories that show off alternate universes and this one was great. Goku/Generic Kid's Anime Hero Dandy for some reason also being Micheal Jackson is funnier then it should be given how lolrandom it sounds, but it worked so well.

Neeksy posted:

How did they even come up with that horrible SadDandy Meow? Because holy poo poo that's scary and horrifying.

He never puts the helmet on. :ohdear:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
The second season is starting off strong. I completely lost it at Sad Dandy, that was the funniest thing I've seen in this series.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Did anyone else notice how space trucker meow had really thick and white sweat on her face, at least I hope it was sweat.

Negative dandy was awesome tho. And negaQTs "Whhhhhiiiir chiiick schwaaaaah" and Darth Vader impression had me rolling though.

Also mecha crew dandy was totally an ideon reference. Good times.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
I hope this shows doing well I want more animes with a good dub on network tv, it's nice being able to just turn on the tv and watch.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Frankly I'm just disappointed that after they said in one universe Dandy piloted a mobile suit, his QT wasn't a Haro.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

exmorte posted:

Did anyone else notice how space trucker meow had really thick and white sweat on her face, at least I hope it was sweat.

Negative dandy was awesome tho. And negaQTs "Whhhhhiiiir chiiick schwaaaaah" and Darth Vader impression had me rolling though.

She just really likes heavy cream. Messy eater, though.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Oh my god Sad Dandy :allears:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

exmorte posted:

Second Ideon reference in the show's run to boot. I feel like there are a fair amount of animators that still carry a torch for that show, especially since it was also referenced in Kill La Kill to name another recent example.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

GorfZaplen posted:

Oh my god Sad Dandy :allears:

Watching that scene again, it's really amazing how Emo Dandy completely sucks the air out of the room and compels everyone to fix the situation they're in just to get away from him and his hideous crewmates.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Command Ant posted:

Watching that scene again, it's really amazing how Emo Dandy completely sucks the air out of the room and compels everyone to fix the situation they're in just to get away from him and his hideous crewmates.

Sad Dandy is basically Waluigi.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Super milk QT was my favorite

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Wakanim doesn't seem to have the dub this time. Is it (legally) available anywhere in the UK?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Darth Walrus posted:

Wakanim doesn't seem to have the dub this time. Is it (legally) available anywhere in the UK?
When they announced they were going to show season 2 they said that they would have the dub and sub, so it's just a matter of when it'll appear but with Wakanim who knows when that will be.
Their whole UK operation feels so half arsed, they haven't updated any of their social media accounts since the last episode of season 1 in March and like half their website is in French.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

The episode where QT falls in love turned me on to one of the chillest tunes ever:

https://soundcloud.com/fluera/luvraw-anatato

It's apparently a duo called LUVRAW & BTB and they sound like a modern day (Japanese) Zapp and Roger.

Oh god, Mecha-Meow had me dying laughing for like 30 minutes after the episode was over.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Upcoming Dandy staff

quote:

Ep 15
Script: Keiko Nobumoto
Storyboard: Masashi Ikeda
Episode Director: Toshiaki Kidokoro
Animation Directors: Yuriko Chiba, Eiji Nakada

Ep 16
Script, Storyboard, Episode Director, Animation Director: Masaaki Yuasa

Ep 17
Script: Hayashi Mori
Storyboard, Episode Director: Takaaki Wada
Animation Director: Hiroyuki Aoyama

Ep 18
Script, Storyboard, Episode Director, Animation Director: Kiyotaka Oshiyama

can't bold hard enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
"Imagine how my life sucks: I'm stuck with a scary looking guy I can't understand...who carries around a helmet I've never seen him wear...and a sickly old codger in a pink unitard...who insists he's actually a robot..."

"No wonder the guy's emo..." "That's gotta be miserable..."

"....I wanna die....

• Locked thread