Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Excellent.

Also the 13th I will be deep, deep inside Germany.

And there's a fair chance for a Germany - Holland final.

Will the Germans beat me up if I cheer for Holland and we win? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

spankmeister posted:

no, because in the end UEFA SUPERIORITY has won *foam forms at mouth* UEFA UEFA

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

That conference superiority guy hasn't posted for like two weeks but for some reason everybody started regurgitating the same dumb joke in yesterday's GDT.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
That conference superiority thing is utterly bizarre, but I do remember the articles written in 2010 how so few European teams got out of the group stages and that it's time for South American and African (lol) dominance.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Torrannor posted:

That conference superiority thing is utterly bizarre

I hope this stays an American only thing in the future op

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Yo, don't diss the Holgster.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xiXdXjdogI

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Torrannor posted:

That conference superiority thing is utterly bizarre, but I do remember the articles written in 2010 how so few European teams got out of the group stages and that it's time for South American and African (lol) dominance.

Waka waka eh eh

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

spankmeister posted:

Excellent.

Also the 13th I will be deep, deep inside Germany.

And there's a fair chance for a Germany - Holland final.

Probably not, though they might mistake you for a literal garbageman.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Katana Gomai posted:

That conference superiority guy hasn't posted for like two weeks but for some reason everybody started regurgitating the same dumb joke in yesterday's GDT.

It's part of TRP meme-canon now.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Goddamn I wish people around here (NRW) would shut the gently caress up about the ~~Traumfinale~~ Germany - Netherlands.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Traumspiele

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Wengy posted:

- "Es befinden sich zu viele Passagiere im Zug. Unsere Weiterfahrt verzögert sich, bis die vorgeschriebene Zahl von Passagieren den Zug freiwillig verlässt" (WHAT THE gently caress)

Hahaha does this really happen?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

It's gonna be a Kroos one tomorrow haha.. actually it won't because Germany is bringing football home to Europe

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

Hahaha does this really happen?

It happened to me and a friend on two separate occasions, so yep

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Wengy posted:

It happened to me and a friend on two separate occasions, so yep

Haha.

In Holland we just cram ourselves in, this happens a lot on the Rotterdam - Amsterdam line during rush hour.
We should hire some of those white-gloved Japanese metro pushers.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

This isn't India, there's a maximum occupancy to every train and if people are just refusing to leave the doorways (happens a lot on regional trains and S-Bahnen after football games, not just on ICEs), the train has to stay put. Sorry about that, but I prefer it to the train just taking off with its doors open and waiting for enough people to fall out.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

This isn't India, there's a maximum occupancy to every train and if people are just refusing to leave the doorways (happens a lot on regional trains and S-Bahnen after football games, not just on ICEs), the train has to stay put. Sorry about that, but I prefer it to the train just taking off with its doors open and waiting for enough people to fall out.

These are two extremes. I don't think the train would ever leave with the doors open.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

But they're basically inviting these situations because the ICE is both a high-speed international train full of travelers with reserved seats AND a regional choo-choo train, insofar as it stops at a ton insignificant places. If every seat is taken by people like me who are making long-distance journeys and then casual travelers who merely want to go from, say, Fulda to Hildesheim (may not make sense) also cram in, you're just asking for trouble.

Do it like the Italians with their Frecce Rosse (IIRC) and make reservations compulsory for high-speed trains, problem solved.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

spankmeister posted:

These are two extremes. I don't think the train would ever leave with the doors open.

There's a safety mechanism that prevents this but maybe we shouldn't be talking about trains so much in a thread about Germany. Brings back some bad memories imo.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

drat son

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Elliptical Dick posted:

There's a safety mechanism that prevents this but maybe we shouldn't be talking about trains so much in a thread about Germany. Brings back some bad memories imo.

:vince:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Elliptical Dick posted:

i loled

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Elliptical Dick posted:

Haha :drat:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Elliptical Dick posted:

:tviv:

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Katana Gomai posted:

Goddamn I wish people around here (NRW) would shut the gently caress up about the ~~Traumfinale~~ Germany - Netherlands.
Other than historic reasons, I like the idea of a GER-NED final because of the rosters of the respective teams. Matches dominated by individual star players like Messi or Neymar are less exciting to me than seeing two really high level teams go at it. Still, ARG-GER could be sweet.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Elliptical Dick posted:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

rope kid posted:

Other than historic reasons, I like the idea of a GER-NED final because of the rosters of the respective teams. Matches dominated by individual star players like Messi or Neymar are less exciting to me than seeing two really high level teams go at it. Still, ARG-GER could be sweet.

Yes, Robben and SnejderNetherlands are pure quality, op.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

I don't think they're *~ pure quality ~* but I still like watching them and am bummed that di María is out for the semifinal.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Please absolutely twat Brazil tomorrow so that pundits/press will stop going on about "their destiny" or whatever magical bullshit that is deluding them into thinking that Brazil are a good team.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

This is making me realize that I want rope kid's next Obsidian game to be a World Cup RPG.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

antidote posted:

This is making me realize that I want rope kid's next Obsidian game to be a World Cup RPG.

you found 6 clenbuterol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

antidote posted:

Suarez should have never taken the Cannibal perk

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

:golfclap:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Kurtofan posted:

I need somebody to explain that to me, since I am a sexhaver.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

ephex posted:

I need somebody to explain that to me, since I am a sexhaver.

In the newer Fallout games, you can take a character trait called Cannobal that gives you bonuses for eating human flesh, but makes you a social outcast if caught.

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

I suspect the refs will have to give Brazil every advantage tomorrow. I just hope it's not too obvious if it happens that the refs win the game for Brazil.

EDIT: Oh God, just read this in the Brazil thread:

ephex posted:

With Neymar and Silva out for the Germany match, I can only see Referinho get them to the final.

eviljelly fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 7, 2014

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Guitar_Hero posted:

Please absolutely twat Brazil tomorrow so that pundits/press will stop going on about "their destiny" or whatever magical bullshit that is deluding them into thinking that Brazil are a good team.

Seriously though, every article or news item I'm reading in the US sports press seems really biased towards Brazil, poo poo like "How Brazil can make it to the finals tomorrow," etc.

Do they just assume all Americans like Brazil?

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
No, it's being covered the same way in every country whose team has been eliminated. Once your own national team is done, the next biggest story is whether the hosts will win it, whether the hosts winning it will solve all of the economic and sociological problems the host country is facing, whether ultras of the host nation will murder people and destroy infrastructure if the host nation doesn't win, how much pressure and personal strife the players on the host nation's team must be facing since their failure would become the collective failure of the nation's entire population, et cetera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Plus "How Germany can make it to the finals tomorrow" isn't that interesting: "keep playing well enough to win, and making fewer mistakes than the other teams". Brazil is couched as the underdog.

Don't want to jinx it, but this German team seems like one that can win a championship. There are always points to criticize and places to improve, but there is no one thing that will cause them to collapse, and when they go out and play they are simply the better team.

• Locked thread